Metagame Fortemons

I just learned how VoltTurn and recharge moves work and I made a team out of it because why not lol.

hyperchad (Iron Moth) @ uturn
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Beam
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic

hydrochad (Greninja) @ uturn
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

hyperchad 2 (Magnezone) @ voltswitch
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Explosion
- Thunder
- Steel Beam

gigachad (Roaring Moon) @ uturn
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

gigachad 2 (Honchkrow) @ uturn
Ability: Super Luck
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird

haha (Glimmora) @ mortalspin
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Rock
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earth Power

It sometimes works and it's fun when it does lol. Also I should mention Water Shuriken is super useful on this team, especially when your opponent has Meows.

Edit: bruh this shit is broken. hazards can be annoying if glim dies but DAMN.

btw, Lokix set from zuki_ to replace Krow:
gigachad (Lokix) @ U-turn
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Bug
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Giga Impact
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Last edited:
I just learned how VoltTurn and recharge moves work and I made a team out of it because why not lol.

hyperchad (Iron Moth) @ uturn
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fire
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic

hydrochad (Greninja) @ uturn
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

hyperchad 2 (Magnezone) @ voltswitch
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Explosion
- Thunder
- Steel Beam

gigachad (Roaring Moon) @ uturn
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

gigachad 2 (Honchkrow) @ uturn
Ability: Super Luck
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird

haha (Glimmora) @ mortalspin
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Rock
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earth Power

It sometimes works and it's fun when it does lol. Also I should mention Water Shuriken is super useful on this team, especially when your opponent has Meows.
I would recommend Lokix over honchkrow since First Impression and sucker punch is nice with u-turn and has taunt.

I would recommend Lokix over honchkrow since First Impression and sucker punch is nice with u-turn and has taunt.
That is true, but personally, I prefer the extra crit chance from Super Luck, plus the higher attack stat and Brave Bird. Comes down to preference IMO, but I'll try it to see if there's a drastic difference.

Edit: Nvm lokix is def better, it outspeeds Ape which I completely forgot about, meaning if it teras Giga Impact becomes an extremely strong option. The one thing Krow does slightly better is the ground immunity versus resistance, which is useful because this team is EXTREMELY weak to ground.

Did a couple more games, oh my GOD is first impression strong holy shit-

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
After doing some testing, the 1.5x BP multiplier gets added when Hydro Steam is added as a forte during sun, but since only Hydro Steam is coded to bypass sun, all other water type attacks still get halved. So Water moves boosted by this forte have an effective BP of (X * 1.5) / 2

My condolences

EDIT: Recent refactor essentially makes Hydro Steam unable to give the sun damage boost, as it is hardcoded to the sunny day weather. Sorry!
Why is it that flinch moves are banned as the item and not freeze moves?
Because the chance of freeze is very low on the moves that have it. E.g: Freeze-Dry, 10% chance

Why is it that flinch moves are banned as the item and not freeze moves?
There's a ton of moves that flinch with I believe up to 30% chance to flinch. This stacks, so Zen Headbutt + Headbutt = 50% chance to flinch iirc. Combine that with serene grace = unplayable game. Freeze moves are super unlikely, and while they do stack, are not as overpowered and are not 100% chance.

I guess that makes sense, though I must bring up Beat Up Weavile @ Ice Beam as a lead that can turn a 10% chance into something dangerously close to a coin flip with as deadly an outcome as freeze.

no I'm not salty that I had to fight this what are you talking about lol

I guess that makes sense, though I must bring up Beat Up Weavile @ Ice Beam as a lead that can turn a 10% chance into something dangerously close to a coin flip with as deadly an outcome as freeze.

no I'm not salty that I had to fight this what are you talking about lol
Oh god that sounds painful o-o. This is why you run priority lol.

Yea. What about infernal parade + hex tho?
That would probably work, can't use Typhlosion-H though. I'd love to see that. Also, in that case, Infernal Parade would be run in the item slot since burn chance. I swear all the coolest mons for this format can't even be used, like the pledge Mew set someone posted a while back.

I'm just gonna say it, freeze hax is an absolute joke. Something needs to be done about it, I don't know what. But I was just 6-0 by a Weavile that had Beat Up with probably Ice Beam in the Item slot that froze most of my mons and then managed to sweep me because of hax. I am officially not playing this meta until something is done about this. highly disappointed.

I'm just gonna say it, freeze hax is an absolute joke. Something needs to be done about it, I don't know what. But I was just 6-0 by a Weavile that had Beat Up with probably Ice Beam in the Item slot that froze most of my mons and then managed to sweep me because of hax. I am officially not playing this meta until something is done about this. highly disappointed.
Beat Up was meant to be banned originally. I doubt it will be legal for much longer.

edit; nvm that was in item slot. Beat Up will likely remain legal unless it becomes too oppressive, which I don't think it is, so tough luck I guess.

here is a dumb idea i havent tested

Avalugg @ Body Press
Tera Type: Electric/Water/Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Tera Blast/Hydro Pump
- Blizzard/Ice Beam
- Iron Defense
- Recover

With body press as its item, Avalugg now is a power house having the highest offensive stat available in the game (not counting abilities or items) (i think) that can be further boosted with Iron Defense, however its still Avalugg so it can only come in physical attackers, and its weak to hazards since it cant have boots, it might be fun to use though.

Idk how to put icons

Garganacl @ Infestation
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Defence
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Salt Cure

Saltcure infestation traps and should deal enough damage to setup sweepers that they die after a couple of turns, purifying salt & recover give better longevity and ghost tera to only be weak to dark

Idk how to put icons

Garganacl @ Infestation
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Defence
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Salt Cure

Saltcure infestation traps and should deal enough damage to setup sweepers that they die after a couple of turns, purifying salt & recover give better longevity and ghost tera to only be weak to dark
sadly this doesn't work since Garganacl doesn't learn infestation to it can't be used as a item.

Garganacl @ Salt Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
Tera Type: Fairy
- Block
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Recover
The problem with this is that Block doesn't apply Salt Cure. So you'd have to live more than one hit with room to recover off the damage, meaning that it would probably only work on walls without a pivot move like Toxapex. I don't doubt that given the correct opportunity it would work, I just think that the correct opportunity would probably not present itself all too often.

The problem with this is that Block doesn't apply Salt Cure. So you'd have to live more than one hit with room to recover off the damage, meaning that it would probably only work on walls without a pivot move like Toxapex. I don't doubt that given the correct opportunity it would work, I just think that the correct opportunity would probably not present itself all too often.
And if block was the item
Or if sturdy?

Last edited by a moderator:

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
And if block was the item
Or if sturdy?
You can't equip status moves, Forte only works with offensive moves.
The set just ends being something you can do in OU, and is not worth giving up on purifying salt with how many uses it has, if you have to use sturdy you are dying before the trapping had any effect, as trapping something that can 0HKO you doesn't really work.

Here's a fun little set I made for Haxorus:

stronk (Haxorus) @ Trailblaze
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Might work, or might not. I haven't really tried it at all yet, but something to maybe make Haxorus a threat on the field. First Impression is strong, priority, and gives it a speed boost. It's somewhat bulky, so it can maybe live a hit to Swords Dance. This would probably only work if First Impression actually kills something, but something to think about. Tera Steel helps the bulk since Flutter Mane is running amok with Draining Kiss shenanigans, and all the other First Impression users, plus boosting Iron Head.

You could probably run Tera Dragon + Dragon Claw instead if you want just a full-force attack, but either or would probably work equally well.

I love my boi too much to not try to make him viable.

Edit: I should probably emphasize, this set is pretty situational. Glimmora is a great opportunity to set up, since Tera Steel resists Power Gem and Energy Ball, as well as the immunity to Sludge Wave/Bomb. Usually they will click Sludge Wave/Bomb, or just set up hazards.

Last edited:
Does Echoed voice not working in item slot?
I assume it powers up after using it the last turn, but it doesn't.
I use Maushold with population bomb on the first turn and it does like 7% each,
The next turn i use it it still does about the same amount, when Echoed voice is suppose to increase the power by 40 each time it being used.

I know the power won't be buffed when it's in the same turn, but it should in the next turn right?

I know if this works properly it will most likely be banned, but I'm just curious about if it got it's intended behavior.

Ex:
Just tested with Cetitan with echoed voice as item and ice spinner as attack, it doesn't work as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)