Metagame Fortemons

Beat Up was meant to be banned originally. I doubt it will be legal for much longer.

edit; nvm that was in item slot. Beat Up will likely remain legal unless it becomes too oppressive, which I don't think it is, so tough luck I guess.
It's not Beat Up I have a problem with, it's Freeze hax...

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
We have a massive ban slate for you all..

:SV/Iron Bundle: :SV/Flutter Mane: :SV/Chi-Yu: :SV/Espathra: :SV/Chien Pao: :SV/Weavile:
Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane, Chi-Yu, Espathra, Chien Pao, and Weavile are banned from Fortemons
ponchlakekennukemchrome8kaensoulResults
Iron BundleBANBANBANBAN4-0
Flutter ManeBANBANBANBAN4-0
Chi-YuBAN BANBANBAN4-0
EspathraBAN BANAbstainBAN3-0-1
MeowscardaDo Not BanBANDo Not BanBAN2-2
Chien PaoBANBANAbstainBAN3-0-1
WeavileBANBANBAN BAN4-0

Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane, Chi-Yu, and Chien Pao did mostly the same thing they did in other OM's and standard play, except now they're potentially even stronger in Fortemons. Freeze-Dry on Iron Bundle meant that every attack it used was super effective vs Water types and had a chance to freeze. You got the benefits of Freeze-Dry on all of your moves, except now you can use a 110 BP Hydro Pump instead of Freeze Dry's 70 BP. Flutter had Draining Kiss or Hex to either heal back insane amounts of HP from the damage it was doing, or it could ramp up its damage even further with Hex. Chien Pao mostly used Hex as well for the same reasons, but standard items like Choice Band were also incredibly deadly. Chi-Yu was originally one of the reasons Flame Charge was banned, but we've since unbanned Flame Charge, so it makes sense to ban Chi-Yu since it also has Fire Spin. Espathra did Espathra things, except now you could run Lumina Crash and break virtually anything. Weavile with Reversal was a mistake to say the least. 200 BP attacks with Beat Up or Feint just erased teams, and other cheese strategies like Ice Beam + Beat Up were also annoying to deal with.

On another note, we're unbanning Rapid Spin. Like all of our unbans, we wanna see how it'll fair in the current meta. Hazards are incredibly strong right now, but besides Great Tusk, we don't expect too many other Pokemon to abuse it to the point of being broken. Great Tusk will be on our watchlist though, as Rapid Spin is freed.

tagging Kris to implement

Wanted to share a cute Great Tusk set that I've been liking, which will probably be worse once Rapid Spin is free:

Great Tusk @ Stomping Tantrum
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner

Tusk has two awesome STABs that make it tough to switch into, but both of them have immunities. With Stomping Tantrum, you don't have to guess right, and you also kill all spinblockers. This set is so easy to use that I might keep using it even with Rapid Spin available.

with rapid spin unbanned this monster gets a boost with being able to remove hazards while attacking, and from being able to boost it's speed two stages requiring priority to take out safely once set up.
Quaquaval @ Rapid Spin
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Tera Blast

Since Iron Bundle's getting banned soon, here's something I made as an alternative to it:

0998Baxcalibur.png
Baxcalibur @ Freeze-Dry
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon / Ground
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Glaive Rush / Iron Head

Pretty solid mon. It's your typical standard Baxcalibur but it hits its water walls super-effective. A single press from Dragon Dance will make it almost outspeed the entire metagame. They don't expect this mon to learn Freeze-Dry either. Overall a pretty fun mon to use. Pairs with Cyclizar well

Also may I know how does Future Sight work as an item in this Metagame? And also Hydro Steam when

Last edited:
So, quick question. In the Q&A, I didn't see anything about multi hit moves. Will that make every move multi hit? For instance, would Breloom having Bullet Seed in the item slot make it's Technician boosted Mach Punches hit multiple times?

So, quick question. In the Q&A, I didn't see anything about multi hit moves. Will that make every move multi hit? For instance, would Breloom having Bullet Seed in the item slot make it's Technician boosted Mach Punches hit multiple times?
that's what it would do with a multi-hit move in the item slot, except all multi-hit moves are banned from being in the item slot

Psychic Terrain Team

So, wanted to make a team and I thought about Armorogue having double power on everything in terrain with Expanding Force. Decided to make a Psychic Terrain team because of that. Pretty gimmicky, of course, but thought I'd share this gimmick. Beforehand, Hawlucha wasn't chosen because you can't get rid of your item to get the Unburden boost and Polteageist wasn't chosen because I couldn't find a move to abuse better with the item slot

Indeedee- All you need to know is this is the terrain setter and that's it's soul purpose. Terrain Extender to keep terrain longer instead of Psychic Surge as a move in the item slot because that just sets it again with every move.

Armorogue- Nuke. It's a slow pokemon, this team in general is slow for the most part, but double power on everything when terrain is up is crazy. Armor Cannon, for instance, is a stab move with 40 higher power than Self-Destruct that only lowers your defenses. Meant to be the best abuser of terrain

Hattrene- A hazard and status bouncer that can recover it's HP, at least on paper, sounds wild. Draining Kiss gives 75% healing instead of 50%, making it just completely outclass Giga Drain. Psyshock is boosted if you're in terrain, Calm Mind is to have a win condition, and Mystical Fire to hit steels is great.

Meowscarada- I wanted a fast pokemon that wasn't so reliant on its ability (like Barraskewda) or item (like Choice Dragapult) to be good, so I ended up going with Meowscarada with Flower Trick in the item slot. Every move effectively gets a choice item boost. So why not just run Choice Band when Flower Trick is stronger with Band than Petal Blizzard with a guaranteed crit? Flower Trick allows you to be flexible and switch between moves, allowing significantly more versatility. Your other moves are also better because it means that pokemon that boost their defense (like Garganacl) cannot rely on their boosts to take your hits.

Ceruledge- Replacement for Polteageist. A bit anti-synergystic with Shadow Sneak being blocked by terrain, so I decided to just run Shadow Claw instead. It's significantly weaker without priority, but it's a gimmick Mon for a gimmick team. Bitter Blade for 50% recovery on every move is nice to have, especially because it makes Flare Blitz more reliable. Flare Blitz does 1/3 recoil, but the recovery is 1/2 of the damage you deal, so you heal more than you take overall. I wanted a physical setup sweeper as well, which is the main reason why I chose Ceruledge over Polteageist

Clodsire- Probably not good on this team, but I wanted a Rocks setter that could do so repeatedly, which Clodsire fit the role of great. Chilling Water to make opponents switch more from weakened attack and make Clod more generally bulky, the forced switches adding up damage from both Rocks damage and the Toxics that Clod will toss around, and the generally reliable Earthquake. Favorite mon of the new gen, I try to find a role for it in every OM for gen 9

Last edited:

LatiasDigs

formerly digitalson
Since Iron Bundle's getting banned soon, here's something I made as an alternative to it:

View attachment 496966
Baxcalibur @ Freeze-Dry
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon / Ground
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Glaive Rush / Iron Head

Pretty solid mon. It's your typical standard Baxcalibur but it hits its water walls super-effective. A single press from Dragon Dance will make it almost outspeed the entire metagame. They don't expect this mon to learn Freeze-Dry either. Overall a pretty fun mon to use. Pairs with Cyclizar well

Also may I know how does Future Sight work as an item in this Metagame? And also Hydro Steam when
found out about this yesterday too, except you are missing one thing...

replace icicle crash with icicle spear

now you still have insane coverage with glaive rush+eq, but also you have a move with a high freeze chance for setup opportunities

freeze dry bax is still good without the freeze chance and becomes absurd with it

dont want to have to say it but lokix is ban worthy
I feel like lokix suffers 4MSS, it doesnt know what moves to use, uturn, first impression, lunge and even leech life as bug moves, axe kick or brick break for fighting coverage and gets sucker punch and throat chop for the second stab
Overall gives great versatility but at the same time you dont know what moves to bring (i have like three sets rn)
Edit: forgot about SDance and Trailblaze

Last edited:
Here's a mon that I've been using recently, which I haven't seen mentioned yet.

:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit @ Retaliate
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Retaliate as the item, paired with Supreme Overlord, can punish your opponent hard for KOing one of your 'mons, making for a potent revenge killer. Of course, this set relies heavily on prediction (seeing the Sucker Punch fail feels especially bad here since you have the doubled damage from Retaliate only for one turn), but when it lands the boosted hit, it's pretty devastating.
I'll drop some calcs just to show the damage potential. Though keep in mind that these are with Tera Dark active (without it, you'll likely miss out on a bunch of OHKOs) and doubled BP due to Retaliate.

• 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chi-Yu: 249-293 (99.2 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 287-338 (100.7 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 442-522 (119.1 - 140.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Quaquaval: 248-292 (79.7 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 274-323 (78 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Garganacl: 398-470 (98.5 - 116.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 284-336 (82.7 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 284-336 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Low Kick (240 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 582-686 (113.2 - 133.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 211-249 (48.6 - 57.3%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

38342ED7-B63B-4D98-A2E0-8481F4CC1EF0.png

Bellibolt @ Charge Beam
Ability: Electromorphosis
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Weather Ball/Slack Off
- Parabolic Charge
- Hyper Voice

This Bellibolt is a demon once it gets going, and since it’s on a Hail Team, it doesn’t even struggle killing ground types, and can hold its own against Ting-Lu.

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
Here's a mon that I've been using recently, which I haven't seen mentioned yet.

:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit @ Retaliate
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Retaliate as the item, paired with Supreme Overlord, can punish your opponent hard for KOing one of your 'mons, making for a potent revenge killer. Of course, this set relies heavily on prediction (seeing the Sucker Punch fail feels especially bad here since you have the doubled damage from Retaliate only for one turn), but when it lands the boosted hit, it's pretty devastating.
I'll drop some calcs just to show the damage potential. Though keep in mind that these are with Tera Dark active (without it, you'll likely miss out on a bunch of OHKOs) and doubled BP due to Retaliate.

• 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chi-Yu: 249-293 (99.2 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 287-338 (100.7 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 442-522 (119.1 - 140.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Quaquaval: 248-292 (79.7 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 274-323 (78 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Garganacl: 398-470 (98.5 - 116.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 284-336 (82.7 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 284-336 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Low Kick (240 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 582-686 (113.2 - 133.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 211-249 (48.6 - 57.3%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I think you can potentially slot on Swords Dance over Low Kick here as well. If your opponent is aware of the fact that you have Retaliation, they might try to play around it, which would open up opportunities for you to SD.

Lucario @ reversal
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Endure
- Vacuum Wave
- Bullet Punch
- Bone Rush

Everyone knows Reversal shenanigans, Lucario is pretty special as he can get priority stab on both attacking sides, decent attacking stats, Extremespeed, and a multi hit move, though it's not stab or 100% accurate. Interestingly neither Vacuum Wave nor Bone Rush make contact so that's pretty cool too. edit: reversal makes contact

It's not very fast so it really wants double priority, and maybe even Espeed for Meow. Instead of Bone Rush you could opt for coverage in Shadow Ball or Thunder/Ice punch. Basically it's theoretically unwallable, and hard to check offensively.

Last edited:
Butter Blade for 50% recovery on every move is nice to have, especially because it makes Flare Blitz more reliable.
Butter Blade, blade wit da butter on him, butter blade

Also, IMO I think something like Skeledirge might be better in this slot, since it has higher attacking stat and better coverage at the expense of being a bit slower but retaining recovery in Slack Off.

Apparently, some dumbass set I made as a support mon is a decent counter to Rapid Spin Great Tusk.

:) (Noivern) @ absorb
Ability: Frisk
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog / U-turn
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn / Boomburst

Works pretty well assuming the Great Tusk doesn't have a Bulk Up boost yet, and is a great switch in since it's immune to Headlong and resists CC. Also funny little calc:

252 SpA Noivern Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 488-576 (112.4 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

...yeah, it's pretty strong.

Last edited:

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
i don't play this tier but thought this set would be fun as a HO pick:

Venomoth @ Acid Spray
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun

Sleep moves aren't banned so if you can get a sleep powder off and then qd, bug buzz becomes annoying to switch into. Not to mention Acid Spray is a guaranteed -2 SpD drop on the opponent, so that with tinted lens means switchins don't want to stay in anyways.

You don't drain less necessarily, you just drain a smaller percentage of your max HP. You still get the same amount of health back per hit, so it would actually be about the same (I think).
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Draining Kiss vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow in Snow: 153-180 (39.9 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(28.4 - 33.4% recovered) 252hp ev's on Azumarill
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Draining Kiss vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow in Snow: 153-180 (39.9 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(33.7 - 39.5% recovered) 0hp ev's 128 in defenses on Azumarill

(I changed draining kiss to be Physical and 90bp)

252 SpA Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 128 SpD Azumarill: 204-240 (59.8 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Doing some calcs it seems about 6% more healing and 1-3% more damage.
As a added bonus other draining kiss pokemon heal less from you so it's slightly better I guess.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)