Forum-based RP

Does anybody else rp online? If you've never done that it's kind of like dungeons and dragons but instead of dice and paper you're just posting from the perspective of a character you invent. It's basically like writing a book with the help of other people who are in charge of their chosen character which can be really fun if you're playing with good writers. Anyway I really like Naruto based ones because of all the different customization options such as clans, jutsus, etc. I've been trying to create one of my own with an entirely unique village and country list as well as new clans and standard Jutsu for each village. It's kind of a big undertaking and so I wanted to see who here likes forum RPs and might be interested in discussing with me how to make a fun RP forum and maybe get some recruits while I'm here.

PS Don't advertise any other sites that you might RP on or you'll get in trouble :P

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you've never done that it's kind of like dungeons and dragons but instead of dice and paper you're just posting from the perspective of a character you invent.
More like it's with whatever system you want. I've played Dungeons & Dragons over a forum before.

Yeah there are dice rollers but I'm talking about more just straight up role playing with no outer mechanics other than the rules provided.

I do online RP, Im hosting one on another forum. Its enourmously fun if the characters and plot are well set out.

Yeah, it is. It's one thing to just watch an anime or whatever and an entirely different one to "experience" everything first hand such as a chuunin exam or whatever. What kind of RP is yours?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been doing it since 2000. It's a great way to develop, refine, and refresh your writing skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)