Found out I own a valuable playing card

It's not like. VALUABLE valuable but it's a decent $45

It's an Enlightened Tutor, 6th Edition white border from MTG

I don't have a pic right now, I'll take one when I get home and also sleeve that shit

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm deadass when I say Ashley really caught me mid-post lol

For real though I was going to talk about how I have a Julius Erving rookie card in near-mint condition. It's not a playing card and it's not officially graded, but I had a collector come and amateur rate it once and he said it was probably an 8.5/10 and worth a few hundred dollars. I'm keen to hold onto it because I'm a big 76ers fan (the card is an ABA Squires card not 76ers but still) but at the same time... it's just been kind of sitting around not on display or anything like that. So I've been thinking about selling it recently. Idk for sure though.

My advice is hold on to the Enlightened Tutor however long it makes you happy.

Somehow, I've managed to accumulate no fewer than three Magic cards by finding them at the side of the road. Obviously, they're in sufficiently bad condition that they have no resale, but I'm kind of curious how effective they are as game pieces (provided I re-sleeve them, otherwise they'd have pretty obvious marks). These cards are:

Electrostatic Bolt
Siege Zombie
Arcane Signet

Somehow, I've managed to accumulate no fewer than three Magic cards by finding them at the side of the road. Obviously, they're in sufficiently bad condition that they have no resale, but I'm kind of curious how effective they are as game pieces (provided I re-sleeve them, otherwise they'd have pretty obvious marks). These cards are:

Electrostatic Bolt
Siege Zombie
Arcane Signet
the former two are cards designed for drafting within their respective sets and are weak in the broader mtg landscape; arcane signet is a MUST-PLAY in Commander but has been reprinted into the ground, so it's only worth a buck

I think my most expensive card is a textured secret art Mewtwo EX, nothing too special. I could also be wrong but I doubt it. If you want to look it up, it's the Mewtwo EX that also has like Haxorus on it.

I've been discussing online with people the prospects of selling the card

They say it won't really ramp up in value by a whole lot because it's a reprint

I'll probably look into asking around a bit more but if that's the consistent answer i'll probably discuss with my dad about selling the card

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
bought a copy of yoshimaru, ever faithful (search it up, it’s a cute dog) a few months ago for a deck i was building and it’s gained 400% value in that time. If this pooch continues to appreciate at this rate i’ll be retiring at 40

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)