From Untiereds to Ubers

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Now that submissions are closed, the voting will begin.

Please view each post, and cast up to 5 votes, with up to 1 of those 5 votes being for 1 of your own submissions.

Voting ends August 5.

Last edited:
Here are my votes for Slate 4:
Simisage
by SteelixPrismGX
Rapidash by Jamis361
Seviper by Anaconda
Drifblim by Jamis361
Butterfree by alucs

Last edited:
My Simisage
Anaconja's Pyukumuku
Jamis's Rapidash
OM!'s Jynx (You made that, not Mr. Mime, right?)
Jamis's Drifblim

EDIT: Hey, Jamis361, do you mind if you would change my rep on the council member list from Darkrai to Mega Gallade?

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
My Simisage
Anaconja's Pyukumuku
Jamis's Rapidash
OM!'s Jynx (You made that, not Mr. Mime, right?)
Jamis's Drifblim

EDIT: Hey, Jamis361, do you mind if you would change my rep on the council member list from Darkrai to Mega Gallade?
Thank you for letting me know!

In the event Alucs Jamis361 sumwun Scoopapa and Anaconja didn’t vote for Jynx bc it was listed as Mr. Mime, I am correcting the title of my submission here to Jynx. Link to Jynx Submission is accurate.
All current votes can be edited until August 5 12:00 AM PST.

Here are my votes for Slate 4:

Jynx - OM!
——
Butterfree - Alucs
——
Simisage - SteelixPrismGX
——
Golem - Chazm
——
Driftblim - Jamis361

Voting ends August 5.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Now that’s it’s August 5, the results are as follows for the Slate 4 winners.

As a reminder since we have 5 votes allowed per voter, we have 5 winners unless we have ties that push the lowest qualifying place beyond 5 winners (For example if we have two 1st Place, two 2nd Place, and two 3rd Place Winners, we end up with 6 winners). With one 1st Place, in addition to the four 2nd Place submissions that tied, we have 5 winners total.

Results for Slate 4:

1st Place Winners

Driftblim - 5 votes Jamis361

——————

Tied for 2nd Place Winners

Butterfree - 4 votes Alucs
Golem - 4 votes Chazm
Rapidash - 4 votes Jamis361
Simisage - 4 votes SteelixPrismGX

——————

The rest

3rd Place
Seviper - 3 votes Anaconja
Pyukumuku - 3 votes Anaconja

——————

4th Place With 2 votes
Jynx - 2 votes OM!
Jumpluff - 2 votes Alucs

——————

5th Place
Shedinja - 1 vote sumwun
Altaria - 1 vote Chazm

Congratulations to Jamis361 for getting not just 1st Place, but also 2nd Place, giving him an unprecedented 2 wins in 1 slate!

This rightly earns him 4 wins total for all slates, making him the first Mega Salamence for the Hall of Fame!! A proud moment indeed! Maybe you qualify as a Shiny Mega Salamence for a double win... ;)

As a reminder, don’t hesitate to discuss any ideas and reactions you have in our Discord Channel.

P.S. Jamis361 just a reminder to copy and paste the 1st and 2nd Place Winner results into the OP’s list of Slate Winners Resource List.
1st Place Tie Winners

Persian - 5 votes OM!
Wailord - 5 votes Scoopapa

——————

2nd Place Tie Winners

Farfetch’d - 4 votes Failure999
Wigglytuff - 4 votes Jamis361
Kecleon - 4 votes Anaconja
Solrock - 4 votes Tmi489
1st Place Winner

Swalot - 5 votes G-Luke

——————

2nd Place Tie Winners

Lunatone - 4 votes OM!
Huntail - 4 votes Steel With It
Cherrim - 4 votes Scoopapa
Rampardos- 4 votes Demon Dragon
Heatmor - 4 votes Anaconja
Maractus - 4 votes Stealthbomber16
1st Place Winner

Swanna - 5 votes G-Luke

——————

2nd Place Tie Winners

Mr. Mime - 4 votes OM!
Delibird - 4 votes sumwun
Relicanth - 4 votes Jerry hillenburg

——————

3rd Place Tie Winners

Luvdisc - 3 votes Jamis361
Pacharisu - 3 votes SteelixPrismGX
Gogoat - 3 votes Anaconja
Primal Groudons (12+ wins): Haven't even had this many slates what
Zygarde Completes (8-11 wins): Nobody home
Mega Salamences (4-7 wins): No one yet
Ho-Ohs (1-3 wins): OM! (3 wins), Anaconja (3 wins), Scoopapa (2 wins), G-Luke (2 wins), Jamis361 (2 wins), Tmi489 (1 win), Steel With It (1 win), Demon Dragon (1 win), Stealthbomber16 (1 win), sumwun (1 win), Jerry hillenburg (1 win), SteelixPrismGX (1 win)

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Well I didn't get to make my vote on time because I got tired of the alerts and accidentally forgot about this thread. Let it be a lesson for you all.

Also as my apology from page 8 I will try to be less lazy

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Pokémon: Pyukumuku
Typing: Water
Abilities: Innards Out / Unaware
Stats: 75/60/130/30/130/5 (430 BST)
New Moves: Scald, Encore, Mirror Coat
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Ubers lacks a solid Unaware user on stall so here's one. Pyukumuku's good bulk allows it to wall common setup mons like offensive Arceus, Zygarde-Complete, Swanna, and Wigglytuff, although it cannot take on very strong mons like Attack-invested Primal Groudon, Xerneas, or Rampardos. Its high passivity also causes it to be trapped extremely easily by Gengar and Gothitelle.

Pokémon: Seviper
Typing: Poison
Abilities: Shed Skin / Infiltrator / Malicious (Dark-type Steelworker clone)
Stats: 83/120/90/80/90/110 (573 BST)
New Moves: Pursuit
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Seviper is a good stallbreaker, as well as an effective offensive check to Xerneas. Its speed allows it to outrun many defensive Arceus and Kyogre-Primal, allowing it to Taunt the former and do big damage to the latter. However, Seviper is walled well by Steel-types like Ferrothorn, as well as Ground-types like Primal Groudon.

Pokémon: Shedinja
Typing: Bug/Ghost
Abilities: Wonder Guard
Stats: 5/90/45/90/45/40 (315 BST)
New Moves: U-Turn
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Shedinja is a situational, yet threatening wall that can block attacks from powerful wallbreakers and sweepers like Kyogre-Primal, Xerneas, and Zygarde-Complete, and gain a large amount of momentum with U-Turn. Its new HP stat allows it to take damage from hazards, status, and Tyranitar's sand, while keeping it ridiculously frail against any supereffective move, which, fortunately or unfortunately, is easy to come by.

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.

Pokémon: Pyukumuku
Typing: Water
Abilities: Innards Out / Unaware
Stats: 75/60/130/30/130/5 (430 BST)
New Moves: Scald, Encore, Mirror Coat
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Ubers lacks a solid Unaware user on stall so here's one. Pyukumuku's good bulk allows it to wall common setup mons like offensive Arceus, Zygarde-Complete, Swanna, and Wigglytuff, although it cannot take on very strong mons like Attack-invested Primal Groudon, Xerneas, or Rampardos. Its high passivity also causes it to be trapped extremely easily by Gengar and Gothitelle.

Pokémon: Seviper
Typing: Poison
Abilities: Shed Skin / Infiltrator / Malicious (Dark-type Steelworker clone)
Stats: 83/120/90/80/90/110 (573 BST)
New Moves: Pursuit
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Seviper is a good stallbreaker, as well as an effective offensive check to Xerneas. Its speed allows it to outrun many defensive Arceus and Kyogre-Primal, allowing it to Taunt the former and do big damage to the latter. However, Seviper is walled well by Steel-types like Ferrothorn, as well as Ground-types like Primal Groudon.

Pokémon: Shedinja
Typing: Bug/Ghost
Abilities: Wonder Guard
Stats: 5/90/45/90/45/40 (315 BST)
New Moves: U-Turn
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Shedinja is a situational, yet threatening wall that can block attacks from powerful wallbreakers and sweepers like Kyogre-Primal, Xerneas, and Zygarde-Complete, and gain a large amount of momentum with U-Turn. Its new HP stat allows it to take damage from hazards, status, and Tyranitar's sand, while keeping it ridiculously frail against any supereffective move, which, fortunately or unfortunately, is easy to come by.
Just a reminder that all stats with the exception of speed, MUST be 60 or higher. Jamis said so himself

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why yall need to make Pyukumuku have 60 of any offense. Its sole role is to never do any direct damage (which I is why id skip Scald). But Shedinja's HP is always hardcoded to 1 so you cant just change it

Why yall need to make Pyukumuku have 60 of any offense. Its sole role is to never do any direct damage (which I is why id skip Scald). But Shedinja's HP is always hardcoded to 1 so you cant just change it
I'm pretty sure you can change that... I'd have to contact some ROM hackers to be sure.

Pokémon: Zangoose
Typing: Normal / Dark
Abilities: Adaptability / Intimidate / Tough Claws
Stats: 90 / 150 / 90 / 60 / 90 / 120 (630 BST)
New Moves: Earthquake, Extreme Speed, Gunk Shot, Vicious Swipe
Custom Move Information (if applicable): Dark-type, Physical, 90 BP, 100% Acc, 10 PP (max: 16)
Custom Move Description (what effects it has): 30% chance to lower the target's highest attacking stat.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Zangoose finds a safe spot amongst the hostile environment that is known as Ubers as a fast physically-based glass cannon given its decent STAB combo, great physical attack stat, and fantastic coverage moves. Normal / Dark is a quite nice STAB combo to have, as this lets Zangoose dispose of Mega Gengar, Dusk Mane and Ultra Necrozma, and Lunala if Shadow Shield is broken, while its vast pool of coverage moves lets it dispose of other threats, such as Xerneas, Marshadow, Arceus, and Mega Salamence. At the same time, Zangoose's new signature move, Vicious Swipe, has a chance to lower the opponent's highest attacking stat, letting it screw up setup sweepers such as Xerneas. However, Zangoose's bulk is average at best, leaving it prone to being overwhelmed by stronger and faster pokemon such as Marshadow and Simisage; this also means that if Zangoose fails to KO a foe, it risks getting KOed or heavily weakened in return, making it reliant on Vicious Swipe's stat drops and significant hazard-stacking, making it hard to fit on a team.

Last edited:
Hey, all! I have been away at a college orientation camp (with no reception, of course) so I'm sorry I haven't been active as of late. Now, to clear up confusion here: when I refer to min-maxing, I'm talking about stuff like a mon with 600 BST and base 30 Atk, and not 430 BST Pyuku with 30 SpA. The problem is base stat abuse, so as long as your subs aren't skirting the 600 BST line then I don't have a problem with it.

Excuse my double post, but I'm going to kill two birds with one stone here. Congratulations to OM! on his promotion to co-leader! He's been doing some great work for this Pet Mod, and I want him to get the credit he deserves. In the future, as I get busy with college things, I want my council members, as well as you guys, to be able to ask him questions that might come up, and he'll keep this Mod up and running in case I have to go on hiatus.

On an unrelated note, here are my subs:

Pokémon: Electivire
Typing:

Abilities: Motor Drive / No Guard / Sheer Force
Stats: 85 / 123 / 77 / 105 / 95 / 115 | 600 BST
New Moves:
Volt Tackle, Zap Cannon, Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Close Combat, Superpower, Strong-Arm Punch
Strong-Arm Punch: Fighting, Physical, 95 BP, 100% Acc, 15 BP (24 max), makes contact​
Description: 30% chance of lowering the target's Atk stat by 1 stage (Moonblast clone).​
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Ridiculously strong, and great STABs and coverage. More later

Pokémon: Ledian
Typing:

Abilities: Swarm / Early Bird / Huge Power
Stats: 80 / 60 / 75 / 80 / 135 / 110 | 540 BST
New Moves:
Close Combat, Superpower, Earthquake, Lunge
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Super powerful, great AV user or LO attacker. More later

Pokémon: Sawsbuck
Typing:

Abilities: Chlorophyll / Grassy Surge / Serene Grace
Stats: 95 / 120 / 90 / 85 / 90 / 120 | 600 BST
New Moves:
Wood Hammer, Mega Kick, Solar Blade, High Horsepower, Play Rough
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Great sun sweeper or Terrain setter. Super powerful and all that. More later

Last edited:
It's not technically on the list, but it's here solely for THE MEMES (and the fact that it IS Untiered alongside its evolved form anyway [and plays differently enough that it warrants being separate]). So, without further ado...

PIKA PIKA.

(Sprite taken from Gen 5 because I couldn't find the animated Gen 6/7 model. Sue me.)

Pokémon: Pikachu
Type: Electric
Abilities: Static/Lightning Rod/Aim for the Horn!
Aim for the Horn!: This Pokemon's Electric-type moves can affect Ground-type Pokemon, by aiming for the horn (even if they don't have a horn).
Stats: 70/95/70/90/70/130 (BST: 525)
New Moves: Zippy Zap, Floaty Fall, Splishy Splash (Partner Pikachu's Moves from Let's Go), Fire Punch, All Cosplay Pikachu Moves (Icicle Crash, Flying Press, Electric Terrain, Draining Kiss, Meteor Mash), Focus Blast
Updated Move: Volt Tackle - 120 BP, 95 Accuracy, Physical, Electric-type. 10 PP. Ignores the opponent's ability. Reduces the user's Defense and Special Defense by 1 stage upon use.
Updated Item: Light Ball- Aside from its normal effects of doubling Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack, cannot be removed if held by Pikachu.
Competitive (Niche in Ubers): The main issues Pikachu really faced was its low bulk and fairly poor speed. This fixes that (As well as giving Pikachu's attacks some actual kick to them even amongst Ubers), mostly by actually making Pikachu really fast (Y'know, as it's depicted in the anime). Pikachu's Zippy Zap bolstered by the Light Ball may be amongst the strongest priority moves in the game (and on top of that, it's +2 priority meaning it'll even outpace Arceus' Extreme Speed). Though Pikachu's main niche is giving Lugia and Ho-Oh a massive headache with either devastatingly powerful Volt Tackles (Which has been updated to an Electric-type Close Combat that also ignores abilities, instead just being Stronger Wild Charge) or picking them off with Zippy Zap. Zippy Zap can also be helpful in picking off weakened Arceus or Xerneas, while also making Mega Gengar think twice about trying to trap the rodent (Though to be fair Volt Tackle and Knock Off do a perfectly good job of that anyway). Floaty Fall gives Uberchu wide neutral coverage. Fire Punch gives Uberchu an option against Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Genesect, and Dusk Mane Necrozma. Cosplay Pikachu's moves are also consolidated into Uberchu, giving it consistent access to Icicle Crash to deal with MegaMence, Rayquaza and Zygarde-Complete (if Volt Tackle should prove insufficient), Flying Press to muscle through Kyurem-White while also being more threatening than Fire Punch against Mega Lucario, and Meteor Mash to utterly DEMOLISH Xerneas if attempts to set up. Uberchu can also run Special Sets, using Hidden Power Fire to chunk the steels (HP Ice is mostly unnecessary, as most Dragons in Ubers don't resist Electric [or are not weak to Ice to begin with]), Signal Beam to make Mewtwo rue the day it was born, Splishy Splash as Pikachu's own alternative to Scald (Except it threatens Paralysis, not Burns), Draining Kiss to MAYBE threaten an Electric-resistant Dragon, Grass Knot to ruin the Primals, and of course if all else fails it has STAB Thunderbolt and Volt Switch. Focus Blast lets Uberchu rip Dialga a new one.

Uberchu's new ability, Aim for the Horn!, is a reference to exactly what you'd think it'd be. This allows Pikachu to rain down thundering death on foolish Ground types who believed they would otherwise be safe, such as pesky Rhyperiors, or on a more serious note, Primal Groudons, meaning they cannot safely switch in on Uberchu using Volt Tackle, Zippy Zap or Thunderbolt. However, this ONLY works on Ground-types, and does not let Uberchu bypass other resistances (or ability-based immunities).

Uberchu is still totally reliant on its Light Ball, but it now has offensive prowess rivalling Deoxys-Attack, with a bit more bulk behind it, allowing it to barely take a single neutral hit in a pinch, but getting Uberchu in is going to be its biggest issue. It's a glass cannon best suited to revenge killing. It also can't really do much to Giratina save for maybe Knock Off. It also suffers from serious 4MSS, as Pikachu cannot deal with Dialga without Focus Blast or Brick Break, Mewtwo is a relatively safe switch-in against Pikachu that lack Signal Beam, though Volt Tackle and Knock Off also sting, Xerneas beats out all Special Pikachu sets, mostly only fearing Volt Tackle and Meteor Mash (or Zippy Zap if it's low), Necrozma-Dusk Mane can Ultra Burst to tank a Volt Tackle then reduce Pikachu to a pile of ashes with its Photon Geyser, Lunala can take a hit as Shadow Shield is not ignored by Volt Tackle and then reply back with a nasty Moongeist Beam, and so on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)