Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
The Reptile is there any reason why you have Bronzong over Metagross or Jirachi?
tbh, I completely forgot about them when making this team. :| I'll probably use Metagross over Jirachi because of higher attack and better physical defense.

EDIT: Which is better, Gear Grind or Meteor Mash? Meteor Mash can get me a +1, but Gear Grind can break through subs.

Since Blissey's moves are filler (and as you said you only use them when sub) you should replace spore as there's no way you'll use it, at least you could use stuff like Rapid Spin, Wish and Baton Pass/U-turn/Volt Switch in case you misspredicted

Also Bronzong loses his immunity to ground with that set, and Metagross has more bulk and attack that Bronzong, which makes it a more competent check to Slaking (and it's not useless if you get tricked a choice item)

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: Which is better, Gear Grind or Meteor Mash? Meteor Mash can get me a +1, but Gear Grind can break through subs.
Depends on what you value more, that 20% chance on +1 or the ability to go through Substitute. I'll likely go with Gear Grind but that 85% acc doesn't look all that good to me.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
They both hit equally hard. Meteor Mash is a 100 BP move and Gear Grind is a 50 BP move that hits twice (50 * 2 = 100) with both moves having 85% accuracy.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oooh, dang could've sworn mm was 120BP, anyway gg has 85% of hitting once, 70%? of hitting twice
From the smogon pokedex for Gear Grind: "Deals damage and always hits twice unless the opponent is KOed by the first hit." It's basically like a more powerful Steel-typed Twineedle instead of a 2-hit Triple Kick.

tehy

Banned deucer.
I would personally use gear grind. Unless someone sends in sacrifice bait, the plus one attack probably won't do that much anyways, right? Either you get forced out or killed after setup, or you sweep uninterrupted.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
tbh, I completely forgot about them when making this team. :| I'll probably use Metagross over Jirachi because of higher attack and better physical defense.

Before we delve into how to perfect a pokemon, we need to look at if its role is really necessary. Yes the listed pokemon take miniscule damage from Espeed and can all survive at least one HJK, but the issue is that they fail to do anything else and that they will have issues killing a Slaking indirectly. Not to mention that Jirachi can do better things with Shell Smash Stored Power.

If you want to be able to reliably take on Slaking something interesting to look into is Terrakion. Destiny Dude brought him up a long time ago on PS and I looked into him, and was pleased with the results.

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: +Spe, -SpAtk (Jolly)
252 all
-Extreme Speed
-Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick
-U-turn/filler
-Shadow Force

The big selling point of Terrakion is its two-fold ability to survive an Extreme Speed from Slaking and ohko back with Close Combat. What's even more interesting is that if your opponent steals your Slaking with Blissey netting him a Slaking with a monstrous 255 base hp, Close Combat will still kill guaranteed providing Rocks/Hi Jump Kick alone. Shadow Force scares Slaking out prompting a switch in to Slaking, who is then dispatched with Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick. I haven't figured out a specific use of the filler space yet so I'm sticking with U-Turn.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Before we delve into how to perfect a pokemon, we need to look at if its role is really necessary. Yes the listed pokemon take miniscule damage from Espeed and can all survive at least one HJK, but the issue is that they fail to do anything else and that they will have issues killing a Slaking indirectly. Not to mention that Jirachi can do better things with Shell Smash Stored Power.

If you want to be able to reliably take on Slaking something interesting to look into is Terrakion. Someone brought him up a long time ago on PS and I looked into him, and was pleased with the results.

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Nature: +Spe, -SpAtk (Jolly)
252 all
-Extreme Speed
-Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick
-U-turn/filler
-Shadow Force

The big selling point of Terrakion is its two-fold ability to survive an Extreme Speed from Slaking and ohko back with Close Combat. What's even more interesting is that if your opponent steals your Slaking with Blissey netting him a Slaking with a monstrous 255 base hp, Close Combat will still kill guaranteed providing Rocks/Hi Jump Kick alone. Shadow Force scares Slaking out prompting a switch in to Slaking, who is then dispatched with Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick. I haven't figured out a specific use of the filler space yet so I'm sticking with U-Turn.
Just curious, but how much does Mach Punch do from Pure Power Slaking / +6 Belly Drum Slaking (I know some like to run that)? This seems like a much better answer than Metagross, although Metagross is pretty good at walling stuff physically and can hit back hard. Still, I will definitely try Terrakion over Metagross.

Also, Blissey now carries Rapid Spin over Spore. Might play around with Volt Switch / U-Turn though.

EDIT: Is Regigigas's higher Special Bulk worth using it over Slaking? Both have the same power and the same speed, and Regigias has higher Def and SDef, but Slaking has titanic 160 HP.

EDIT: Is Regigigas's higher Special Bulk worth using it over Slaking? Both have the same power and the same speed, and Regigias has higher Def and SDef, but Slaking has titanic 160 HP.
Probably not.
That 160 HP allows Slaking to takes physical hits better despite the lower defense, and still takes special hits really well.

Im really not a big fan of Shadow Force,or any two turn charge moves for that matter,as it gives the opponent time to react.But thats just my opinion.

I find Snorlax viable in this tier.

Snorlax @ leftovers
Nature: adamant +att - sp.att
252 all
-Extreme Speed
-Close Combat
-Swords dance
-Filler/U-turn

Until it reaches the point of needing tiers, BH will be dominated by Ubers, Regigigas, and Slaking. Everything else is outclassed by the previously stated.

Find something that deals with Slaking, find something that can deal with Contrary sweepers (can take Draco Meteor, Superpower, V-Create, Leaf Storm), slap some u-turns on, you're good to go. Short answer: No.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think a BH Stall team (if such a thing were to exist) would have to run Sand (Hail too, but it has fewer non-Magic Guard abusers).

Now that I think about it, my last sand Hackmons team had some semblance of a stall team.
Regirock @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Heal Order

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- Crunch
- Heal Order
- Heart Swap
- Magic Coat

Star Destroyer (Kyogre) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Searing Shot
- Spacial Rend
- Weather Ball

Dialga @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass

Dat Giraffe (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Heal Order
- Draco Meteor
- Spore
- Aromatherapy

Sandman (Groudon) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Nature Power
- Spore
- Heal Order
- Taunt
Make Dialga more supportive and replace Kyogre with something (I'm sorry, I just fucking love Kyogre) and this could be a stall team. I can't access PS right now, but what I can theorymon...

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Mold Breaker
Bold / Impish / Relaxed
-Spikes / Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Whirlwind / Dragon Tail
-Trick / Spore / Cotton Guard / U-Turn / Volt Switch
Spikes and Spin for obvious reasons, Whirlwind for phazing, and Trick for random TrickScarfers. Alternatively, Spore for more support or Cotton Guard to really fuck with Slaking. The last slot would probably go to either a really fast support 'mon (preferably with Magic Guard / Bounce), a Steel type Bouncer, or perhaps a standalone sweeper like your own Slaking.

My team choices might seem a little off here. Anyway, Tyranitar has awesome bulk in Sand (not a Slaking counter though) and is also a great user of Unaware due to its typing, which grants it an immunity to Stored Power. Giratina has Draco Meteor to disrupt the enemy, but it doesn't work for long.

nah, i'm pretty sure that when stall has to deal with magic bounce / tail glow / shell smash / etc it's not gonna be viable (or "full stall, at least")

also @the reptile: why would you run rayquaza over say, qd dialga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)