Gen V Initial UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait...chansey uu? did you guys neglect to realize eviolite is an item?
Awww man, why didn't I think of that?

Anyway, I really don't see why hail is so broken. Obviously Kyurem hail teams are a pain, but without Kyurem (I have a strong feeling that it will be banned), I don't see what is so broken about it. There are powerful Blizzspammers, but many pokemon can absorb it, like Empoleon (or most Bulky waters with some special bulk tbh). Other powerful specially defensive walls like Snorlax can take Blizzard all day long. Unless the Blizzard abuser is scarfed, as a general rule, they aren't too fast and are generally frail. For example, the biggest Blizzard abusers I see are Abomasnow (who is slow and easily taken care of because of its many weaknesses), Froslass (who can be a pain with Snow Cloak and is actually quite fast, but is still capable of being killed with a faster mon or a scarfed revenge killer. Also, base 80 Special Attack isn't anything too great.), Glaceon (who has decent bulk but poor speed), and Jynx (who doesn't have a defense stat). All of these pokemon can be handled easily by Technitop's Mach Punch (except for Froslass who is killed with either Sucker Punch or Bullet Punch). So scarfed revenge killers, special walls not weak to Ice, priority users, or generally faster mons can easily overpower these pokemon. I'm not saying that Blizzspam Hail is weak, but I think that for now, Kyurem breaks hail and without it, Hail is good but not broken.

Awww man, why didn't I think of that?

Anyway, I really don't see why hail is so broken. Obviously Kyurem hail teams are a pain, but without Kyurem (I have a strong feeling that it will be banned), I don't see what is so broken about it. There are powerful Blizzspammers, but many pokemon can absorb it, like Empoleon (or most Bulky waters with some special bulk tbh). Other powerful specially defensive walls like Snorlax can take Blizzard all day long. Unless the Blizzard abuser is scarfed, as a general rule, they aren't too fast and are generally frail. For example, the biggest Blizzard abusers I see are Abomasnow (who is slow and easily taken care of because of its many weaknesses), Froslass (who can be a pain with Snow Cloak and is actually quite fast, but is still capable of being killed with a faster mon or a scarfed revenge killer. Also, base 80 Special Attack isn't anything too great.), Glaceon (who has decent bulk but poor speed), and Jynx (who doesn't have a defense stat). All of these pokemon can be handled easily by Technitop's Mach Punch (except for Froslass who is killed with either Sucker Punch or Bullet Punch). So scarfed revenge killers, special walls not weak to Ice, priority users, or generally faster mons can easily overpower these pokemon. I'm not saying that Blizzspam Hail is weak, but I think that for now, Kyurem breaks hail and without it, Hail is good but not broken.
If I'm not mistaking, the main problem with hail is that, while there are pokémon that can take those blizzard hits, most of them don't generally pose much of an offensive threat and therefor don't really threaten the blizzard user either. Stuff like Empoleon an' other bulky waters are more of a minor annoyance than an outright threat. Jynx can nasty plot all over them (and put them to sleep, might I add ), Froslass can setup spikes should it be a spiker (which, it probably will ), an' Glaceon... Actually, Glaceon probably will be forced out since it's probably scarfed... erm... Anyways, I'm sure you get the point. The biggest threat that you probably listed was Hitmontop who isn't gonna like switching into repeated blizzards. Snorlax could also be a threat to, I suppose... Though, his slow speed could make things a bit difficult when going up against Jynx an' her sleeping/setting up ways or Froslass an' her spiking/Destiny Bonding ways...

For the record, I don't currently think Hail needs to go. It deserves a test without Victini an' Kyurem at the very least.

I really don't see Hail as that dominating of a force in UU. It has a few hard hitters like Mamoswine in Weavile, which are making their debut in UU, but then you've got stuff like Heracross and Calm Mind Raikou making reappearances. I'm not saying that Hail will be horrible, but I think it will go back to how it was in Gen IV; that weather that some people use for its niche that's largely ignored by everyone else.

I really don't see Hail as that dominating of a force in UU. It has a few hard hitters like Mamoswine in Weavile, which are making their debut in UU, but then you've got stuff like Heracross and Calm Mind Raikou making reappearances. I'm not saying that Hail will be horrible, but I think it will go back to how it was in Gen IV; that weather that some people use for its niche that's largely ignored by everyone else.
I don't know. No, you missunderstood. I wasn't thinking ofinsive hail, defensive hail with stallreon and friends. Abamasnow was BL last gen because it was so good in uu. I'm not sure if it will be banned, but it will be a dominate playstyle.

UU looks interesting, I may give it a try after suspect voting is finished.

IMO, Victini and Kyurem won't stay for to long, BL at least.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so who is this number 82. Srsly, I'm confused.

(first post yay!)
#82 is the name of a famous glitch in Pokemon that appeared in RBY, which has become the name for empty slots on teams in the Pokemon Online simulator. If you pick a Pokemon and forget the moves, you enter the battle without that Pokemon, which counts as a Missingno. Apparently a lot of people do this these days.

Those are last month's statistics btw. This month's stats are right here.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
What's even more shocking is that Flygon is beat Staraptor , Flygon doesn't provide enough power with the likes of Choice banded Staraptor which can 2HKO most physical walls in UU with usually brave bird for the most part, just shocked people are using Flygon as a revenge killer then Staraptor.

Also sucks that the 2nd Pokemon on the PO stat list (Kyurem) is getting the ban-hammer.

Donphan was tremendous last round and with the (hopefully/surely) upcoming ban of Kyurem it might even get better.

Hitmontop is a slightly worse spinner in my opinion, but it makes up for it in other ways (the Technitop set is a great check to lots of powerful Pokemon), but I prefer the raw defensive capabilities of Donphan.

No difference for the Pokemon in UU except that Espeon moved up at Tornadus' expense.

Speaking of that, how good would Tornadus be in UU?

Well in uu tornados can't just spam specs hurricane like ou, and also doesn't have a great STAB uu do to a lack of rain so I'm not sure if he'd be good.

You're all saying that rain is dead. I think we've forgotten that Rain Dance is, in fact, still usable. That would give Swift Swim pokemon their chance to shine. Especially in the case of Kingdra and Armaldo.

Um, what? Tornadus can't spam Hurricane? Maybe you're forgetting that it has Prankster Rain Dance, making it one of the best Offensive Rain Dance set-up Pokemon. With shit like Vulpix gone, with Tyranitar and co. up in OU, the only thing Tornadus is worrying about is Hippopotas and Abomasnow. Hippopotas can't deal with shit like Rain Dance Mixed Kingdra, so Abomasnow is really the biggest threat to it.

Besides, I think that LO Tornadus has always been superior to Specs, especially in UU where it doesn't need to try and break through shit like 252/252 Ferrothorn. What are the Steel-types in UU? We've got Registeel (lol Taunt + Hammer Arm), Empoleon (Hammer Arm out the ass), Escavalier (neutral to Hurricane, might 2/3HKO, haven't run calcs), Bisharp (Hammer Arm), Magneton (lolhammers), Steelix (dem arms), Aggron (Hammer time), Cobalion (hammered). So, really, what's stopping Tornadus from throwing a big Hurricane party?

breh

強いだね
Although I can't say much about tornadus, I do know that breaking registeel is no easy task for it. Remember, it has higher defences than ferrothorn in the first place. I admit it has shittier attack, but iron head will still do a big chunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)