Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but you'd still have to make the different assets for each different pokemon. A "hair" that fits on pokemon A might not work with pokemon B, for example. Then there's also the issue of forwards compatibility -- you'd have to add this feature to every single game in the future as well.

I don't think it's a very good idea from a game development standpoint.
The first part isn't much of an issue IMO. Apart from the fact it would be like Mega Evolutions and not every Pokemon will get it, it can be worked around with a base model, and customizations affecting it the same way they do on the trainer.

Concerning Zygarde-10%, I will be slightly worried if it requires being at low health to transform to 100%, because that means that 100% won't even be able to take advantage of its seemingly high base HP, and since most of its BST will be dedicated towards HP, it leaves it with less to spread across its other stats, and what we could have in short is just a gimped legendary.

The maps are certainly very interesting. Do We definitely know that the region is based on Hawaii? Wasn't there a hoax with a Koala pokemon thinking about it?

I'm thinking that Zygarde's new ability is a sort of like a mega evo mechanic thing that uses where the button for mega evolution is and replaces it with a form change button. Maybe changing forms would be like using a move so you can't use a move and form change at the same time. This would explain how core enforcer is Zygarde complete's signature move as why would it be usable for Zygarde 10 before changing forms. And it would also mean that Zygarde complete would get a boost in his speed. Or maybe it doesn't use a move like how mega evo works right now. Just my guess.

Last edited:
Concerning Zygarde-10%, I will be slightly worried if it requires being at low health to transform to 100%, because that means that 100% won't even be able to take advantage of its seemingly high base HP, and since most of its BST will be dedicated towards HP, it leaves it with less to spread across its other stats, and what we could have in short is just a gimped legendary.
What if Zygarde-C has a BST higher than Arceus'?

Regardless of how long the coding process would take, keep in mind that if the theory is right there are only 4 pokemon that need to be coded (starters and dog), and that isn't too strenuous a task. It isn't a question of how long it would take, but rather whether or not they're ballsy enough to do it.

On Synchro Evolution:
Does Ash have the new wrist Mega Ring thing? No. Makes Ash-Greninja seem like a weird promotional thing like the Spiky-Eared Pichu or Cosplay Pikachu.

I do have a possible theory on how 50% might be involved:
Swarm Change is a hidden ability!
Aura Break Zygarde are always locked at 50%. Swarm Change Zygarde auto change out of battle into Zygarde 10%. When HP is in the Yellow*, 10% will change into Zygarde 50% (still with Swarm Change). When HP is in the Red*, either 10% (if the hit was severe enough) or 50% will transform into Complete. We only saw Zygarde Complete in the trailer since we've seen 50% before in game and they only wanted to show off 10% and Complete and leave some mystery.
It's just a theory, but it's a viable one.

*Just for a vague visual range. Exact amount can easily vary.
For starters, Zygarde does have Rest. It probably won't transform back if it heals up. Also, the high HP stat might be to compensate for the potential low HP requirement for transformation.

Reactions: JES

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
MAP ANALYSIS CONTINUED:
Continuing where we left off, I know go to DHR-107's second post, staying with Cresselia~~'s map post, and moving on to Island Three, Island Four, and miscellaneous stuff on the overall map.

ISLAND THREE:
It may be small but certain features give me a feeling it might be the most important to the story (well, all of them are important, but as DHR-107 said it's probably the island that has the Legendary on it).
One Pokemon Center: Probably the most surprising part of this island is that there's only one Pokemon Center *GASP*! You may actually need to run back to heal your Pokemon (or they'll have some other kind of healing thing)! Sarcasm aside, this port looks odd. I'd say it's a village but there aren't any houses despite their being room for some (notably the empty platform similar to the one that the Pokemon Center is on). And guys, space is limited, did you really need to grow a tree in the middle of the dock when your guys are only a few feet away from a forest? Not saying don't decorate, but how about a lighthouse or something that's both nice to look at and functional. Okay, I think we've been here too long, let's get to terra firma.
Into The Wilderness: So we start by entering a forest (with all the forests there are I hope they make them unqiue from one another). Going down/left we come to a beach with a closed surfing area but it has no little islands so nothing of interest (as far as we can tell, though who knows if this game will have Dive as a usable HM... and now I'm imaging there being a second underwater map which has an underwater dome city). Actually what's more interesting is that beyond the closed area there's a big chunk of island. Doesn't look like it has anything but this is just a map to show it exists, infact I also think that maybe this map is incomplete or is excluding spoiler stuff. But enough wondering that's there, we have a whole right of the island to explore.
Going right of the forest I see a cave entrance you'd need to go directly through the thick of the forest to get. Keeping on the path you'll then come to what looks like ruins of a long building with only a single room off to the side remaining. From here the path splits so we'll take the turn into some canyons.
Canyon Temple: The canyon's look like they'll be a maze, I'm thinking something like Twist Mountain. The suspension bridge help with this theory. And it all leads to a temple which could be the one we saw Solgaleo and Lunala at in the trailers. BTW, aside from Island One, we have no idea what the actual island order is. Heck, for all we know we might be hopping island to island as new areas become accessible (be if from roadblocks or HM obstacles). But that's neither here nor there, my point was this might be the last island we need to visit, or it could be third, we don't know so keep an open mind that when we refer to the islands as numbers we're just going by what we think would be the logical order (if we just go island to island, as I said who knows if there won't be island hopping involve). Eitherway since it's a place involving the mascot Legendary there's really nothing here to speculate as we probably won't find out until the game comes out. Back to the path where we'll keep going up.
Geysers And Trees: Going directly up from the ruins we enter a geyser area and I'm getting flashbacks to the Lavaridge Gym. It looks like the only way through so after going around, over, through, and probably riding the geysers we some planes. To the immediate left there's a mini-canyon of four slabs which probably has something. Going further up there's a path split by a giant slab with one leading who knows where but the path most furthest up leads to someplace interesting. We come to a place which looks like one of those floating gardens which leads up to a giant tree. And considering Zygarde looks to have some sort of role now I'd say that looks like a proper spot for it to be. But alas, this is the last interesting thing on this island, so we travel all the way back to the dock/possibly village which wishes it was Pacifidlog Town or Humilau City to our "last" island.

ISLAND FOUR:
One dock means we have our starting point.
New Ecruteak: So if you're like me you're probably wondering why the Tin/Bell Tower is suddenly in the Hawaiian based region. Well, as it turns out, Hawaii has quite a few Buddhist temples, one being the replica of Byodo-in (a famous Buddhist temple which has the Phoenix Hall. Infact the replica is often used as a stand-in for the actual temple on many television shows). This makes sense as Hawaii has a large population of Japanese descent and immigrants and obviously they brought along their religion. Of course, these temples are located on O'ahu, the island which the hometown island is based on and as DHR-107 noted this island is based on the island actually called Hawaii, nicknamed Big Island to avoid confusion. However this isn't the real world, it's the Pokemon World so they can relocate places they want to.
Back to the analysis, honestly we don't know if they're going to go the replica route of just say its a "Johto-inspired" pagoda. Still, it looks like its a fairly sized city/town (partially blocked by the mountain) and since our character moved to Alola assumingly from one of the Japanese-based regions (if the Japanese trailer is any indication that's where the player character is originally from) this will probably feel like a home away from home for them. Though oddly, unless the mountain is blocking it, I don't see a Pokemon Center in this city/town which is odd. There's certainly places of interest aside from the Pagoda & garden like a big building in the city, a green & white wavy-roof building up a path, and I think I see yet another vacant lot (DHR-107 suggested these empty spaces could be given to the player to create our own home/base which would be pretty neat idea without needing to waste space by dotting Secret Base locations everywhere). Also oddly there's a paved road looking into the forest but once again the mountain is blocking the forest so we can't tell what exactly is going on. Oh well, might as well follow it anyway.
Going Around The Mountain: Through the forest it looks like we also go through a craggy area. In the craggy area there's a slope leading up to one part of the mountain which leads to what looks like a close off power plant sort of place (guessing using thermal energy because volcano). Back on the craggy path we keep going, passing a beach, and coming upon a small "town" (though two of the buildings look to be travel trailers) with an oasis (guys, you don't need an oasis in a tropical environment). Next to the bigger house there looks to be a path leading up to empty plateau. Heading out of the town/village you find another vacant lot but more importantly the "first" Pokemon Center on the island (at least one we can see on the map). Directly down/south is a closed off Surf area that has a house on a cliff and a platform with the Poke Ball symbol on it you need to Surf to. There's also some place up but we'll get to that later.
Going around we come to rather fancy looking place which I stuck between calling a palace or temple (tempalace?).
So when I first heard they were making a Hawaiian region I thought we'd probably need Surf to get around. Now as we see in the bigger map there are boats going around and each island has at least one dock so we can assume that Surfing isn't required... HA! Beyond the tempalace is a closed off Surf area which looks like we do need Surf to get through. I mean really GF? Whatever, as you can imagine (or see if you're looking at the map) there is quite a few islands in the water including a long one with yet another vacant lot (if we can actually build a home on each of these vacant lots we'd probably end up owning a good portion of these the Alola region).
Surfing to progression, we come to our "second" Pokemon Center and another travel trailer. I wonder if we're going to get info on any of these buildings before the game's release, eitherway we'll know where they are.
The path next to the Pokemon Center leads into a forest though the trees are split in them middle and we can see a splitting path dotted with what I'm assuming are flowers, looks nice. The path that splits to the right leads to a mysterious circle platform in the water surrounded by 8 stone slabs, mysterious. Going up the intended path we come to a path lined with some streetlamps, a lone building, and rain.
As DHR-107 said, the rain gives foreboding feeling as it's just before a city surrounded by tall, fortress like walls (think ORAS's Mauville City but more soul crushing). Inside the fortress there's a city as I said with a Pokemon Center and a mansion-looking building. At this point I should probably mention that Hawaii does have a palace for the royal family that once ruled there, but the palace is once again on O'ahu. Don't know if that plays in any part to either this fortress mansion or the tempalace, but it's something to keep in mind.
Well we went ALL the way around the mountain, how about we go back to the "first" Pokemon Center we came across and take the path leading up.
Coming Up The Mountain: Going up the path next to the "first" Pokemon Center brings us to what looks like a lift which takes us half way up the mountain. We then follow a path to another lift and we're on top of the mountain which is so high hope it's snowing. You may want to go to that Pokemon Center and warm up. Once warm up you can than follow up a path surrounded by snowy peaks which leads to seemingly a dead end... however beyond it we see there's a road taking you to a Pokemon Center and what looks to be an observatory. And look at that, there is an observatory on Big Island's Mauna Kea (which, as DHR-107 said, is technically the largest mountain in the world from base to top), the Mauna Kea Observatory. Hmm, now knowing that I'm split on whether this is just another location or if its the Pokemon League. I mean it seems like the right setting, the snowy mountain would make for a good Victory Road. Well I guess we'll see, though at least we know one place where we'd find Ice-types in this tropical region so there's that.

ALOLA CENTER:
Between Island One and Island Two there's a structure between it. They call it an island but it kind of looks man-made. It's a two building place, one that looks like a hotel and another a mansion. Either maybe this is the Pokemon League (Victory Road being somewhere else, replaced, or they're just using the name out of context) or it's the post game Battle Facility place (and thankfully it doesn't look like the Battle Maison). Eitherway I'm curious how it would work, that "hotel" has to be more than a typical hotel if it's going to be anything interesting.

ALOLA OVERALL:
I like how they added the boats going to the islands on the map. Its assures that indeed will be our main way of traveling. Not only that, but the boats all look different either in size or what kind of boat they are (most of the boats are speed boats, but I do see one sail boat). We'll see if that plays any part.
Of course, the most interesting additional thing is that there looks to be a fifth island, covered a bit by cloud, next to Island Two. Doesn't look like it has much to it but if they're trying to hide it I feel it must have something to it.

From what I see I'm excited. Last two gens it did feel we were sort of on a set path with little to no backtracking (if we needed to go back to a place usually the path we're on would eventually loop back to it like with Lumiose City in Kalos). But here, though at first it looks like we don't have much room to go but straight and following the paths, if you think about how'd you travel at first you would need to backtrack as I see no path which leads in a perfect circle. There's also a lot of splitting paths which, while one way usually leads to one interesting place and the other progression, still makes the region look like you'll get to explore it. All of the islands look like they're completely explorable whereas other regions we can sometimes see other surrounding land but its off limits (than again I suppose those off limits land has been replaced by off limits sea). It looks like GF really made full use to what they limited themselves too, possibly making the islands look compact (and covered in Pokemon Centers with some) but hey as long as they pace it right that won't matter and we may find ourselves in a certain location longing than we thought (which could be a good or bad thing, they'd have to keep the location interesting as long as we need to be there).
However I do have to say the abundance of Pokemon Centers and how close they are together is on the level of comical. I feel this might have been a good time to experiment a little, like maybe placing Pokemon Centers in obvious cities/towns and everywhere else just have someplace else provide healing and buying needed items. Like I'm going to guess there's at least one or two isolated Gyms which have a Pokemon Center near them. Why not combine the Gym and Pokemon Center in that case, if you're going to provide a Pokemon Center right next to it save me a bit of a trip and just have it inside. It's not like the Pokemon League which locks you out of using Pokemon Centers once you start the challenge, you can run back to the Pokemon Center at any time going through the Gym.
However if so far my only complaint is there being too many Pokemon Centers, I think GF is doing something right. ;)

Once again, thank you DHR-107 for giving me a springboard to start my map analysis on and Cresselia~~ for linking to the hi-quality map images from Pokebeach.

I'll catch up on new comments later today.

What are the stat estimates for Solgaleo's HP and Atk, Zygard 10%'s HP and Defense, and Zygarde's Complete's HP and Atk? I'm sure someone out there has worked this out

What are the stat estimates for Solgaleo's HP and Atk, Zygard 10%'s HP and Defense, and Zygarde's Complete's HP and Atk? I'm sure someone out there has worked this out
According to some people Solgaleo's attack is 150.
I don't remember its estimated hp stat, all I know is that it's more than the mortality duo's.
Zygarde 10%'s hp is about 65, I read it's defence is either 105 or 120.
Zygarde complete's hp is about 227 according to many, its attack stat is currently unknown.

According to some people Solgaleo's attack is 150.
I don't remember its estimated hp stat, all I know is that it's more than the mortality duo's.
Zygarde 10%'s hp is about 65, I read it's defence is either 105 or 120.
Zygarde complete's hp is about 227 according to many, its attack stat is currently unknown.
Solgaleo had an HP of 212 in the trailer where its typing and ability was revealed. It was level 50.

If it had max IVs and EVs in HP, then it has at least a base 105 HP stat, but that's highly unlikely and could be much higher.

Max EVs but 0 IVs would mean a base 121 HP. Max IVs but no EVs would equal a base 137 HP. 0 IVs or EVs at all would mean a ridiculous base 152 HP.

My guess is it's somewhere between the base 121-137 range.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Does anyone else think this looks like a golf course?
I thought of the same thing but there's only one. Unless its suppose to be a driving range.

So now that we have Rockdog, I wanted to speculate a little bit by combining that information with the fact we'll be getting a variety of new moves, many of which are probably clone moves (i.e. Rowlet's starting move of Leafage being some kind of Ember or Water Gun equivalent).

Right now the only contact Rock moves are Rollout and Head Smash, but I can envision there being a weaker variant of Head Smash like Take Down (or hopefully Wild Charge, accuracy-wise) that our adorable friend here learns. I'd suspect (and hope) that each existing Pokemon's moveset would be updated, and that Aerodactyl would learn one of these mid-power contact Rock-type attacks. Compared to, say, Flying, Rock has a very sparse number of damaging attacks, 11 total excluding Diamond Storm. Flying by contrast has 19 Moves, and drops down to 15 if you exclude true signature moves like Aeroblast, Chatter, Dragon Ascent, and Oblivion Wing.

I am of course also hoping for more physical Fairy moves, and that seems the typing most likely to get a lot more offensive diversity. It;s looking more like XY and ORAS were a field test for a lot of these concepts, and we'll get the full loadouts in Sun/Moon.

The hype is real people. The hype is real!
The thing about Rock-type moves is that many evolve the user picking up a rock and using it, thus why most don't make contact. I imagine Rock-type contact moves would involve the user covering a certain part of it body in rock like "Rock Punch", "Rock Claw", "Rock Tackle", etc..

Yeah, while Fairy's only Physical does a nice amount of damage (even though there are certain Pokemon that should really learn it but don't, like Xerneas), they can do more. Actually they can probably turn a few Normal-type moves into Fairy (I'd say Dizzy Punch, Covet, and Double Slap).

And of course there are types which need some more gaps filled:

• Special for Fighting, Ground, Rock, & Dark
  • Physical for Ghost, Psychic, & Fairy
  • Stronger Dark- & Ghost-type moves
  • If their making Leafage, I'd want a Vine Whip copy for Fire & Water-types.
It does bring up a weird thought as if Zygarde-100 only comes from Zygarde-10, then where does that leave Zygarde-50 (the snake)?

If there was no way Zygarde-50 could become Zygarde-100, then with Aura Break as the ability it would almost be like the two forms are completely different species since there would be no way to connect the two together. Despite the fact that they are the same specie.
Maybe an alternate Ability? Or maybe that's where core comes in. Any Zygarde can be reverted to its core form and you have two choices: turn it into its default form (50% with Aura Break) or have it turn into 10% with the Ability to go Complete. Why would you use 50%? Well we saw its pretty risky turning 10% into complete so its a risk-reward thing, either use 50% which is tried and true or risk using the weaker form in hope of activating its stronger form. Also, I'd say that if you want to use 50% but also Complete than make Zygarde's "Mega" its complete form so that way you have a reliable way to get to Complete form but at the cost of an item slot.

Also, what's this stuff about synchro evolution?
Someone posted an apparent "leak" confirming Synchro evolution. It was deleted for lack of evidence but it's circulating internet and people are taking it as gospel. *sigh*

I don't see why people have a problem with it - it seems to be identical to Mega Evolution outside of the Pokemon looking a bit like its Trainer.
This is my problem with it: it actually removed potential. For one thing if its the same as Mega Evolution, why bother? There's so much you can do with Mega Evolution that, if this Synchro thing is true, either means they're gonna stop and be splitting their focus. Also you don't gotta stick with the same name. Primal Reversion is just Mega Evolution of another name but it follows the same concept: an aspect about the Pokemon is taken and amped up. Once I made a joke about how for the robotic Pokemon like Magnezone, Porygon-Z, and Genesect instead of Mega Stones (Magnezonite, Porygonzite, Genesectite) they'd get something like Mega Drives (Magnezone.exe, Porygon_Z.exe, Genesect.exe), however after seeing Primal Reversion honestly that idea now seems plausible. Same idea, but different execution.

But that's not what Synchro is, Synchro is your Pokemon slightly changing its appearance which has aspects of it change depending on what its trainer is wearing. Yawn. I look at Ash-Greninja and honestly it looks boring, they just slapped stuff on it to make it look like Ash. When I think of a powered-up Pokemon I think of it drastically changing its appearance depending on one of its defining trait, showing it has unlocked its hidden potential. Not my Pokemon cosplaying as me.

Speaking of which, this also removes the chance of Pokemon actually getting customization. Think back to Gen V's Pokemon musicals. THAT is the type of customization I want if I were to dress up my Pokemon. But guess what, if Synchro evolution is true you can kiss goodbye to any complex customization like that since they'd just have your Pokemon go Synchro. What you get is what you have, either choose a Pokemon that matches the style you want or too bad.

I want my Pokemon's power to come from within, I just helping to unlock it. I don't want my Pokemon using the power of my bond as its power-up as that's it wearing a mask, further hiding itself and thus its true potential.

So the Sun & Moon presentation will be on the 14th starting at 9 am. I'll be at work *sigh*. Hopefully they'll livestream it on Youtube and save it on their or later viewing.

What if Zygarde-C has a BST higher than Arceus'?
Then my point is moot, lol. I'm assuming that this Zygarde form will have a BST of 680 like most Ubers.

For starters, Zygarde does have Rest. It probably won't transform back if it heals up. Also, the high HP stat might be to compensate for the potential low HP requirement for transformation.
I never suggested that restoring its health would revert the transformation. I doubt Zygarde-C will like having to give up one of its move slots for Rest and I doubt further that it would like to spend two turn's sleeping (especially in VGC).

You also missed the point I was making concerning the high HP stat: that means that less BST will be dedicated to other stats. In short, giving it an absurdly high base HP is almost a waste when it won't always be able to take advantage of having maximum HP.

Then my point is moot, lol. I'm assuming that this Zygarde form will have a BST of 680 like most Ubers.

I never suggested that restoring its health would revert the transformation. I doubt Zygarde-C will like having to give up one of its move slots for Rest and I doubt further that it would like to spend two turn's sleeping (especially in VGC).

You also missed the point I was making concerning the high HP stat: that means that less BST will be dedicated to other stats. In short, giving it an absurdly high base HP is almost a waste when it won't always be able to take advantage of having maximum HP.
I was never saying that you thought it, I was just throwing that out there in case someone did.
Also, that HP stat might be an exception or they might just make it have a high BST total. The Kyurem fusions have 700 BST, the Primals 770, and Mega 'Quaza has 780.
We simply don't know.
Also, it's very likely that Zygarde-C might not get to be in VGC. This year's format is a rare breed, having only been seen once before, all the way back in 2010. If VGC '17 follows past patterns, we will likely be locked into the Alola Dex with VGC '18 allowing us to use anything that is allowed in the Maison (or its successor), which Zygarde is not.

What i think is that Synchro evolution will be only for starters so that will make it a thing that is different from the megaevolution. I also think the pokemon-amie thing can be the method for bonding with your pokemon to make it synch-evolve

The thing i remember from the anime is that Synchro evolution works different than megaevolution. One main difference is that all damage recived by the pokemon is felt by the trainer and if the pokemon faints the trainer also faints. Imagine if this is implemented in the game as in the Anime. Syncrho evolution could be a double edge sword, can make the pokemon powerfull but also if the pokemon fails the match is ended.
An interesting concept, but it's worth noting that Gamefreak has competitive play in mind when designing Pokemon/moves/mechanics, so this is unlikely. Consider losing immediately if you lead a synchro-mon against a sashed explosion-user in competitive- it's just cancer. The only way this would be worth using is if synchro is so busted that it requires a teamslot, which seems unlike Gamefreak's intents. Regardless, I think it's best to stay clear of baseless speculation.

Speaking of baseless speculation, I'd prefer that we ignore ideas of synchro unless it's ever confirmed. In my opinion, reading too much into the anime is like doing the same for pokedex entries: sure, Skarmory can "fly at 190 mph", but that base 70 speed says otherwise. Similarly, Bonnie doesn't even exist in Pokemon XY (the game), but the anime would lead us to believe otherwise. Much of the synchro speculation has come from unofficial sources with low credibility, and I think they should be treated as such.

Should something like this make its way into SM, I'm fine with mild customization for mons, but playing with mechanics too heavily will undoubtedly turn old fans away while confusing newcomers (as well as introducing heavy power-creep with both megas and synchros usable/making megas obsolete).

I am very curious about the feature with the starters and Iwanko; perhaps they are part of a certain group of Pokemon that will be allowed to follow you, akin to HGSS, but I don't want to discuss this as it has no foundation.

Tl;dr enough with the synchro theories, we have enough confirmed content to speculate about anyways. Close thread until Tuesday with E3, maybe?

hypno28 Yes, I agree that most of the post was to explain synchro's known mechanics. However, I disagree with both mentioning the mechanic in general as well as how it could work in-game. Not a big deal really.

Karxrida This is true, and I'll admit that I was unaware of her presence. Call me Yung Quagsire. Bonnie isn't a notable NPC outside of they gym, though. She is no more to the game than Brock was in Kanto, while he was very important to the anime. My point stands that the anime and games have their differences; it seems unwise to take the anime as the gospel when dicussing in-game content.

Last edited:
An interesting concept, but it's worth noting that Gamefreak has competitive play in mind when designing Pokemon/moves/mechanics, so this is unlikely. Consider losing immediately if you lead a synchro-mon against a sashed explosion-user in competitive- it's just cancer. The only way this would be worth using is if synchro is so busted that it requires a teamslot, which seems unlike Gamefreak's intents. Regardless, I think it's best to stay clear of baseless speculation.
Did you read the post you quoted? The person didn't really speculate anything; they just noted the facts of how the stupid thing works in the show and then said "imagine if" it's implemented in the games.

Speaking of baseless speculation, I'd prefer that we ignore ideas of synchro unless it's ever confirmed. In my opinion, reading too much into the anime is like doing the same for pokedex entries: sure, Skarmory can "fly at 190 mph", but that base 70 speed says otherwise. Similarly, Bonnie doesn't even exist in Pokemon XY (the game), but the anime would lead us to believe otherwise. Much of the synchro speculation has come from unofficial sources with low credibility, and I think they should be treated as such.

Well with things in the pokedex i rationalize this way: Skarmory can fly at 190 mph but the 70 speed stat is a reference of the velocity in which the pokemon makes an attack not the max velocity it can reach as it moves when is not in battle. but wahtever

They are not baseless speculation because some times the things in the anime can be translated in the game and viceversa. Maybe it can be an in game battle only thing but not a competititve thing like the effects of the pokemon-amie. And besides i just said imagine if so i am not realy saying that it must surely be true

Last edited:
Fair enough, I think your logic is sound. I do like the rationalization of amie-style mechanics vs competitive, it makes the concept much more understandable to skeptics like me :)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
If they make Perfect's BST 700 is would be on par with Kyurem's Forms. Also, if they do what I suggest about making Zygarde 50% able to Mega Evolve into Complete, that's also a 100 point increase like all Mega Evolutions.

What i think is that Synchro evolution will be only for starters so that will make it a thing that is different from the megaevolution. I also think the pokemon-amie thing can be the method for bonding with your pokemon to make it synch-evolve

The thing i remember from the anime is that Synchro evolution works different than megaevolution. One main difference is that all damage recived by the pokemon is felt by the trainer and if the pokemon faints the trainer also faints. Imagine if this is implemented in the game as in the Anime. Syncrho evolution could be a double edge sword, can make the pokemon powerfull but also if the pokemon fails the match is ended.
*Look at the Mega Evos for the Kanto and Hoenn starters* I think its a bit too late for that. Had they not done a Mega Evolution for any of the starters I might have agreed to the idea, but that's not the case which thank Arceus isn't because otherwise we wouldn't have gotten the Mega Charizards (oh, and the others too).

So if that Pokemon faints you lose? Let's list the problems with that:

1a. In order for a Pokemon to have that sort of requirement it would need a very huge BST boost to justify it, way over 100. At min be between 150 to 200 boost. And at that point the Pokemon is broken, it'll sweep through teams without batting an eye. It'll make Mega Rayquaza blush.
1b. Or if it doesn't have that huge of an increase and is just essentially Mega Evolving, why in the world would I use a Synchro when a Mega Evolution is just as good and I won't faint if it gets knocked out?
2a. Also, this would mean this Pokemon would probably go very last or be switched out often if anything that poses a threat comes in. At that point the outcome of the battle isn't who used their whole team successfully, it's who had their Synchro Pokemon better prepared.
2b. If they lock you into using only your Synchro, like you need to have your whole party ready for battle, then what's the point of having a team? It would either be a sweep if the Synchro Pokemon is too strong or it'll be a 1 vs 1 battle against player's Synchro. And once again they'd have to be overpowered to justify this otherwise why shouldn't I just use a normal Mega Pokemon?

To make this work it would probably require so many rules and variables that it's just not worth it. But this is of course if Synchro plays the same as it does in the anime, for all we know Ash just fainted because he's not used to the shared experience yet but over time he'll be able to overcome it; he'll know how Greninja feels during battle but won't actually feel the pain or be knocked unconscious if Greninja faints. Which at that point its just a Mega Evolution (with a dull design).

I agree with JTD783, no more Synchro talk until we get any confirmation.

So new discussion, hmm, well the Playhouse demo is the 14th, what do you think they'll show off in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)