Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just note everyone, Pokénchi (and its predecessors) in the past have heavily disappointed with the new footage shtick, showing stuff we've already seen, so its possible they'll just show some of the Pokemon that were revealed last week, or more of Salandit.
Yes I know, but also can show what we will see on Coro Coro this week...

So I just noticed something during Shofu's video. Look closely at the Litten evo section where they are heating a kettle on its stomach. that girl with a flower on its head is actually Poplio's supposed middle form.

(Also sorry, Idk how to spoiler things on this sight)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
... So why does a circus seal/sea lion become a mermaid siren? Popplio already has a theme to it that this final evo sort of goes against. Sure, it's still an entertainer, but it's a different kind of entertainer.

I don't understand the starter leaks... They don't add up with the coding of the Japanese website... Several weeks ago there were types found hidden in the site for later use: flying, ground and fighting.

... So why does a circus seal/sea lion become a mermaid siren? Popplio already has a theme to it that this final evo sort of goes against. Sure, it's still an entertainer, but it's a different kind of entertainer.
Selkies.

Im not really fond of sea lions after finding out some species actually rape penguins and the fact that this behavior was learned between males.

I prefer badass seals, at least seals have the whole language and ritualistic battle plus learning curve behavior ingrained in them while sea lions or eared seals are too vicious to survive their own mating seasons enough times to actually perfect a battle style outside of rush bite and overpower.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wouldn't really guess their themes based off their first stage either. For example, no one really guessed that Fennekin would be based off of a mage till Braixen was revealed. I'm also getting flashbacks to the whole "wottergate" situation. For those of you who weren't around for that, in Gen 5, a concept sheet of the starters and their evos were leaked, and a lot of people assumed it was fake because Dewott became quadruped when it evolved (at the time we also knew about Servine and Oshawott because of an anime reference sheet leak).

Turned out, Pignite was revealed in a corocoro, and to the shock of most people, Samurott was real!

Now I'm not saying that these concept images are real, its just that I don't see anything in their design that suggests that they're fake either. If they're fake, I imagine we'll find out in a different way, such as say, getting a gym leader reveal.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Selkies.

Im not really fond of sea lions after finding out some species actually rape penguins and the fact that this behavior was learned between males.

I prefer badass seals, at least seals have the whole language and ritualistic battle plus learning curve behavior ingrained in them while sea lions or eared seals are too vicious to survive their own mating seasons enough times to actually perfect a battle style outside of rush bite and overpower.
Still doesn't add up.

Actually its fur seals (which are related to sea lions) that are sexually assaulting penguins. The sea lion Popplio is based on are the California Sea Lion which are very intelligent having been trained to both perform in circuses & zoos and also trained by the military and scientists to help in rescues and research.

I wouldn't really guess their themes based off their first stage either. For example, no one really guessed that Fennekin would be based off of a mage till Braixen was revealed. I'm also getting flashbacks to the whole "wottergate" situation. For those of you who weren't around for that, in Gen 5, a concept sheet of the starters and their evos were leaked, and a lot of people assumed it was fake because Dewott became quadruped when it evolved (at the time we also knew about Servine and Oshawott because of an anime reference sheet leak).

Turned out, Pignite was revealed in a corocoro, and to the shock of most people, Samurott was real!

Now I'm not saying that these concept images are real, its just that I don't see anything in their design that suggests that they're fake either. If they're fake, I imagine we'll find out in a different way, such as say, getting a gym leader reveal.
But Fennekin was just a (fennec) fox, Oshawott was just a sea otter, but Popplio isn't just a sea lion but its design and characteristic also links it to circus seals which is a more definite theme.

Are there anyone that can link me the original Chinese leak? So far all the news I've seen did not link to the original list of features in Chinese despite claiming it to be the source, which makes the news less credible.

The cat being a bipedal wrestler would be a first because all the other cat pokemon still walk on all 4's like normal cats.

Persian, Delcatty, Purugly, Purlloin, etc. This would be the first cat pokemon walking about on two legs (besides Meowth I guess), in its final stage. Reminds me of all those walking cat cartoon characters from the 90's. So I can believe it.

Still doesn't add up.

Actually its fur seals (which are related to sea lions) that are sexually assaulting penguins. The sea lion Popplio is based on are the California Sea Lion which are very intelligent having been trained to both perform in circuses & zoos and also trained by the military and scientists to help in rescues and research.

But Fennekin was just a (fennec) fox, Oshawott was just a sea otter, but Popplio isn't just a sea lion but its design and characteristic also links it to circus seals which is a more definite theme.
And here I thought Popplio was based on the galápagos sea lion, now I know and knowing is half the battle.

The cat being a bipedal wrestler would be a first because all the other cat pokemon still walk on all 4's like normal cats.

Persian, Delcatty, Purugly, Purlloin, etc. This would be the first cat pokemon walking about on two legs (besides Meowth I guess), in its final stage. Reminds me of all those walking cat cartoon characters from the 90's. So I can believe it.
i hate to be the one to break it to you, but you must never have seen the abomination that is purrloin's gen 6 model :'(

I would say even if we get a dolphin Pokemon or some other piece of evidence, it won't support the leak. Someone can get their hands on information and use that to get everyone's trust to believe their "leaks". Remember when the Tower of Smash "leaker" found sound files and built their rumor around them? Later when those sound files were found, I, along with many others, saw that as concrete proof. If I'm remembering this correctly, PokeBeach's leaker completely made up a second set of information that was fortunately quickly proven false.
I'm guessing that these leaks came from someone who new about Salandit and built a leak around it. My point isn't that we should just ignore all leaks but that we should take everything with a grain of salt. As time goes on it gets much easier to make convincing fakes since leakers have become craftier.
Look closer: You can see she has a poplio lie snout complete with ball nose.
That's actually her hair.
EDIT: Greninja'd

Oh Well. Yeah I can see that now.

But wait.... Isn't that the Alola Lass trainer, then? We didnt see her till e3? and this image was around months before that. That said, hawaiian girl with flower in hair is a pretty easy design to make, but hey, its something

Oh Well. Yeah I can see that now.

But wait.... Isn't that the Alola Lass trainer, then? We didnt see her till e3? and this image was around months before that. That said, hawaiian girl with flower in hair is a pretty easy design to make, but hey, its something
Yes, this make sense

breh

強いだね
I'm calling Fake. Frenzy Plant can only be learned by Grass Starters and none of those learn Cotton Spore. Rowlet could learn both, but I think that it's unlikely.
featherdance == cotton spore for a grass bird

but idk if that's real yet til mroe info comes out

Reactions: JES
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)