Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems I got late here, I will take the info with a grain of salt. From what I read It doesn't seem bad overall if that were to be true.

What got my interest is, no Gyms no League, lore wise it would be extremely interesting we always have everything set up for us to rampage but we don't know how it is made from scratch.

That means we have to pave the way, with our might for the future generations of trainers that will arrive once the official system is made.

I'm not sure if its fake or legit but I know that when the recent leaks a week ago I thought they were fake (Charjabug and Dranpa...) so I hope I'm wrong and they are legit.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm not sure if its fake or legit but I know that when the recent leaks a week ago I thought they were fake (Charjabug and Dranpa...).
But there was a major difference between the last leak and this one. The last leak would have had to been a pretty elaborate fake as it wasn't just text or a drawing but rather high quality 3d models (plus the creator would have had to recreate all the visuals & new Pokemon models) battling and interacting accordingly. If it was a hoax it would have had to be one that took months to do and I don't think someone would go that far for just a hoax.

But this? I could make a ton of stuff up and there's an entire thread dedicated to the skilled artists just on Smogon. The problem with leaks is that they usually are anonymous thus have no credibility, the only one getting any fun out of it is the one who made it up laughing at everyone for taking it seriously (be it those who believe it or those criticizing it).

Whelp..according to "Chinese" leak around 90 pokemon and according to this "European" leak, the same number...same source, perhaps? Or same person? Strange coincidence?? These supposedly leaks are exciting, tbh. Also, Mega Exeguttor FTW!!

So why exactly does the fire starters final form skecthes have a little image of Ash/Pikachu at the bottom? Why would the sketch feature an anime character?

Even if its about the anime, why would they show Ash with the final evolution of the fire cat when it obviously wouldn't evolve in the anime for a good 2 years into the series like most of his past evo's?

So why exactly does the fire starters final form skecthes have a little image of Ash/Pikachu at the bottom? Why would the sketch feature an anime character?

Even if its about the anime, why would they show Ash with the final evolution of the fire cat when it obviously wouldn't evolve in the anime for a good 2 years into the series like most of his past evo's?
It's probably there as just a size comparison, or to just show detail. Lots of concept artwork does this.

And speaking of that cartoon, take a look at the left side of Ash. That Pokemon looks like Popplio's alleged final evolution, but it looks to be much smaller and it doesn't have as many details. Could it be the middle stage form?

'Magearna is an artificial guardian'

I WAS RIGHT!

Unlike the others, I'm actually willing to believe this one about the guardians, however, I think it's a weird how three of the guardians make terrains and the other makes rain...
Wouldn't that be the four gods of Hawaii? Well, yeah, granted, Kanaloa is already tied to water, and making Aqua Terrain would be redundant when there's already rain, so....

Anyways, sweet. Fake until proven otherwise, but if it's true, I can now be proud of having loved Popplio since beginning.

Taking it with a grain of salt but if the 90 mon thing is true, that's a bit sad especially for an odd number gen but oh well I guess. Even with suppose 15 megas it barely beats out gen 2 in terms of mons introduced and just under gen 4.

It's probably there as just a size comparison, or to just show detail. Lots of concept artwork does this.

And speaking of that cartoon, take a look at the left side of Ash. That Pokemon looks like Popplio's alleged final evolution, but it looks to be much smaller and it doesn't have as many details. Could it be the middle stage form?
For one evolution, very unlikely. The change is drastic. Besides, isn't there already written アシカ3 ?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Ya... Ashika 3 means sea lion 3 in Japanese.

Whelp..according to "Chinese" leak around 90 pokemon and according to this "European" leak, the same number...same source, perhaps? Or same person? Strange coincidence?? These supposedly leaks are exciting, tbh. Also, Mega Exeguttor FTW!!
Excuse me. Chinese leak doesn't say anything about 90 Pokemon.

-------------

I just find it really strange why people can find my friend's facebook. Someone with no mutual friends!
I didn't link his facebook onto Smogon or twitter.
I made sure I upload the images on Smogon's server.

If this is fake, then it's very well planned. To actually have time to tell people to take it down?

Last edited:
It's a girl but she doesn't look like the S&M female character. :mad:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Excuse me. Chinese leak doesn't say anything about 90 Pokemon.

-------------

I just find it really strange why people can find my friend's facebook. Someone with no mutual friends!
I didn't link his facebook onto Smogon or twitter.
I made sure I upload the images on Smogon's server.

If this is fake, then it's very well planned. To actually have time to tell people to take it down?
The issue here is who exactly told you to take it down? It seems bizarre they told you to take down the images and not the translations associated with those images. The translations are all we are really interested in as not a huge amount of us can read Chinese (probably even less than can read Japanese). If anything this makes it a lot less credible, because they asked you to get rid of text only images, which you (and Level51) had translated immediately below regardless.

I haven't received any notification of taking anything down (which I would have expected as I am OI Leader), unless they have gone straight to an admin/SS of the site itself.

Cresselia~~

The issue here is who exactly told you to take it down? It seems bizarre they told you to take down the images and not the translations associated with those images. The translations are all we are really interested in as not a huge amount of us can read Chinese (probably even less than can read Japanese). If anything this makes it a lot less credible, because they asked you to get rid of text only images, which you (and Level51) had translated immediately below regardless.

I haven't received any notification of taking anything down (which I would have expected as I am OI Leader), unless they have gone straight to an admin/SS of the site itself.
They didn't contact me. They contacted my friend via facebook. That person has no mutual friends with him.
That person is from Sichuan, China, which shouldn't be allowed to use facebook.
(Facebook is banned in China, but not Hong Kong)

So in order to take down leaks... they didn't contact the source of the leaks, they didn't contact the owner of the forum or admin of the sub-forum on which they've been shared on; but they contacted a friend of someone who shared them first.

Sorry if I sound a little bit sceptical, but... the fuck?

Cresselia~~

So in order to take down leaks... they didn't contact the source of the leaks, they didn't contact the owner of the forum or admin of the sub-forum on which they've been shared on; but they contacted a friend of someone who shared them first.

Sorry if I sound a little bit sceptical, but... the fuck?
Maybe the rumors became really big in the Chinese community?
But it's not on any Chinese forums as far as I've searched.

I doubt the Chinese staff would come to Smogon anyway. They probably don't read much English neither.

Maybe the rumors became really big in the Chinese community?
But it's not on any Chinese forums as far as I've searched.
No but, why wouldn't they contact you directly? Why go to a friend?
That's the thing here. It's... it's certainly very strange and it's kind of why I'm being sceptical here. Has this sort of thing ever happened before with Pokémon? Do we know these takedown notices are from Nintendo or TPCi or anything like that?

Cresselia~~

No but, why wouldn't they contact you directly? Why go to a friend?
That's the thing here. It's... it's certainly very strange and it's kind of why I'm being sceptical here. Has this sort of thing ever happened before with Pokémon? Do we know these takedown notices are from Nintendo or TPCi or anything like that?
My friend was the one who posted the screenshots on facebook, claiming that he saw the text 2 weeks ago.
ie: He's the source of the screenshots. That's how I got the screenshots.

I doubt TPCi would directly contact people for that. Otherwise everyone knows it's real.
They probably would use proxy people.
Though that anonymous person could just be any random people trying to pull a prank on us.

Although I remember that PokeBeach was asked to take down stuff directly from TPCi, but those weren't "leaks", they were people who got the games early.

But look, I doubt I'd get into any trouble if the leaks are real-- I don't work for Pokemon or anything. I won't have any consequences.

However, I'd probably get into trouble if the leaks are fake -- my Smogon reputation. A lot of people may be angry at me, etc.

Last edited:
My friend was the one who posted the screenshots on facebook, claiming that he saw the text 2 weeks ago.
ie: He's the source of the screenshots. That's how I got the screenshots.

I doubt TPCi would directly contact people for that. Otherwise everyone knows it's real.
They probably would use proxy people.

Although I remember that PokeBeach was asked to take down stuff directly from TPCi, but those weren't "leaks", they were people who got the games early.

But look, I doubt I'd get into any trouble if the leaks are real-- I don't work for Pokemon or anything. I won't have any consequences.

However, I'd probably get into trouble if the leaks are fake -- my Smogon reputation. A lot of people may be angry at me, etc.
Only people that would get angry at you are dicks. You and others had reason to believe the leaks were real and posting them was approved by an admin - which in the case of leaks, rarely happens. You wouldn't have to worry about your reputation on this site (especially since OI in my experience seems to be one of the friendlier places on Smogon)

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If it means much, I remember when Gen 5 mons were leaking, the leakers actually had to draw fanart of stuff like Tympole because apparently, if they just dumped the official art, TPCI and Nintendo would have gone after them.

BTW while Gamefreak can be dumb with abilities with stuff like Rotom-S having levitate, I'm still skeptical of that leak with the other guardians, because the one with Misty Terrain is Fairy / Flying. With a Flying-type, it wouldn't be able to take advantage of its own Terrain, which is pretty strange to me!

Eeya... I meant to reply to Wachter, but I messed up and didn't see the Tiger3's sheet again and just realised the left of Ash is actually a human girl and there are only Popplio, not its alleged evolution. I meant the アシカ3 in separate sheet, my fault on confusing it.

Still, now that there are doubts... yet there are some credibility at least in those sheets. Intriguing....

I feel as though there are a bit too much coincidences for this leak to be fake, but then again I have very little experience with leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)