General News Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
maybe if the news was presented in the format of children's fables you would have a larger grasp of these incidents

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
I have a question for all those still supporting the native american instigator and the Black Israelites. What should this kid have done? What we saw happen was him standing, saying nothing, with a slight smirk. Please enlighten us what he could have done differently. Should he have kneeled because he was in the presence of a native american? Should he have taken off his hat showing his support for the president because in 2019 that's not allowed? And would these count as guidelines? If I'm wearing my Trump hat and someone runs up to me banging a drum in my face, what should I do? Kiss his shoe? I'm genuinely interested.

maybe if the news was presented in the format of children's fables you would have a larger grasp of these incidents
Considering you can't comprehend the world in any way other than "white man bad" you should try going back and reading basic literature. This kid is getting death threats sent to his home, his school, and he probably won't be able to get a good job for the rest of his life. But because he's white that means that it doesn't matter what happens to him? That's called racism and it's fucking awful. I can't imagine what it's like to be so genuinely hateful and bitter towards the world and I hope I'll never experience it myself. Shame on you

Myzozoa

it's highly unlikely that he won't be able to get a job or that his life will be ruined, nonsense. when it happens come post about it here.

it's ironic that you're intent on manufacturing mole hills out of this while attempting to assert the dignity of institutions of ICE and Border Patrol, which ruin young ppl's lives everyday.

Last edited:

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
it's highly unlikely that he won't be able to get a job or that his life will be ruined, nonsense. when it happens come post about it here.
Even if that were true (lol) does that justify the extremely negative national attention amd multiple death threats sent to his home and school? Can you imagine having to live with yourself knowing that your fellow atudents are recieving threats because of you?

Absolutely no empathy whatsoever is the problem here. None. Back to r/cth with you please

Myzozoa

you know i dont think it's justified, but nice try putting those words in my mouth

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
you know i dont think it's justified, but nice try putting those words in my mouth
Than why is your response to "a minor recieving death threats and being portrayed as a monster on national tv for not doing anything at all" just "well hes white so its okay (im so edgy and different)"?

And Im sorry "dont put words in my mouth" haven't you called me a fascist and a white supremacist before? Really makes me think. Keep living in your spooky bizarro universe where every white guy (except you because you're a white saviour) is actually a secret evil spooky racist

Myzozoa

because he'll be fine lol what are u talking about?

ok ill leave u to ur victim complex, k bye

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ah damnit i was too late to the convo. Martin already shut it down.

I respect martin (outside of being a mod), so i wont push much. But in my prepared argument i actually had 40% of it in the defense of the white kids.

Ah oh well what do i care. As a black man i am still getting over kanye and his stupid MAGA hat

Myzozoa

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...o-rally-fbi-kkk-domestic-terrorism-california

"Shanta Driver, Bamn’s national chair, criticized the investigation in a statement to the Guardian, saying, “The FBI’s interest in BAMN is part of a long-standing policy … Starting with their campaign to persecute and slander Dr. Martin Luther King, they have a racist history of targeting peaceful civil rights and anti-racist organizations, while doing nothing to prosecute the racists and fascists who attacked Dr. King and the movement he built.”

"The FBI launched its terrorism investigation and surveillance of Bamn after white supremacists armed with knives faced off with hundreds of counter-protesters, including Bamn activists, at a June 2016 neo-Nazi rally in Sacramento. Although numerous neo-Nazis were suspected of stabbing at least seven anti-fascists in the melee, leaving some with life-threatening injuries, the FBI chose to launch a inquiry into the activities of the leftwing protesters."

“A bunch of anti-fascists showed up at a Nazi rally and were attacked by Nazis, and the response from the bureau was to launch a domestic terrorism investigation into the anti-fascists,” he said. “At its core, the FBI is, as it has always been, a political police force that primarily targets the left.”

AmeriKKKa yo.

. i just got done watching fox news and they confirmed this polar vortex real so im now going to do everything i can to help you guys trapped; my thoughts and prayers are going out to everyone stuck in this horrible weather in the north

good night and god bless

Ninahaza

It's over, but thank you.
You know i am really glad to hear this. I guess we can move on

Back to myzozoa's post then. Happy Black History Month.

I want to do something special for the month, and i got behind Disney's idea of showing the Black Panther movie for free in theaters for a limited time (just do a google search and pretend i provided a link).

Anyway, long story short, i was going to change my gimmick for a month by switching my avatar and signature from Game of Thrones to t'challa gifs, but thats not good enough.

I shall continue brainstorming ideas. In the meantime, off to see Black Panther for free this month, for the 4th time in total.

Last edited:

Myzozoa

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/arti...W9HtljJevoMte59ahMdvOyHYmG1GBLj5slX_a6xtZFQnc
"To seek redress and inclusion, the first step is to identify the barriers to entry: an array of laws and informal rules to proscribe, diminish, and isolate the marginalized. The specific methods by which the United States has excluded women, Native Americans, African Americans, immigrants, and the LGBTQ community from property ownership, educational achievement, and political enfranchisement have differed; so, too, have the most successful methods of fighting for inclusion—hence the need for a politics that respects and reflects the complicated nature of these identities and the ways in which they intersect. The basis for sustainable progress is legal protections grounded in an awareness of how identity has been used to deny opportunity. The LGBTQ community is not included in civil rights protections, which means members may lose their jobs or their right to housing or adoption. Antiabortion rules disproportionately harm women of color and low-income women of every ethnicity, affecting their economic capacity and threatening their very lives. Voter suppression, the most insidious tool to thwart the effectiveness of identity politics, demands the renewal of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and massive reforms at the state and local levels."

if anyone is curious abt stacey abrams she has a piece in foreign affairs this month

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/deadly-cold-moves-northeast-breaking-records-midwest/story?id=60746643

I am not the biggest fan of citing abc news as a source, but i have now gotten a Facebook PM from a resident of the midwest that the freeze was real. According to him the death toll is higher than 15

Looks like winter came early for the midwest. Be safe
#HouseStark

View attachment 158135
ninahaza someones fucking grandma died in that arctic freeze have some respect dude

I cant believe this

Ninahaza

You know what, TIK, you're right. I apologize

To make up for this transgression, i shall put my buff, strong, tightly built body to great use by helping grandmas cross the street and carry stuff.

Much like my good pal and soccer star Mario Balotelli can be seen doing below

I shall commit myself to this task for the remainder of 2019.

Myzozoa

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...J1mhcmQ0f5DZODXTD_wnP06jy2XwEUKARISw2oz83xUw8
key steps in getting America to full handmaid's tale are goin down

"
The holding in Whole Woman’s Health was unequivocal: A TRAP law will be struck down if it “provides few, if any, health benefits for women, poses a substantial obstacle to women seeking abortions, and constitutes an ‘undue burden’ on their constitutional right to do so.” Justice Stephen Breyer, writing for the majority, pointed to the “virtual absence of any health benefit” conferred by the Texas law. The Louisiana law confers no benefit either. The majority in Whole Woman’s Health was perfectly clear on this point: When there are no “medical benefits sufficient to justify the burdens upon access,” the law is unconstitutional. The 5th Circuit’s determination that the burdens on women aren’t crippling doesn’t change the fact that the law doesn’t protect any woman from any real thing.

In the absence of a ruling from SCOTUS, the Louisiana law would have gone into effect Monday. Late Friday, Justice Samuel Alito, who handles appeals out of this circuit, issued a brief order barring the state from implementation until Thursday. This isn’t a signal of any conclusions on the merits. As Alito said, the justices—among them Trump’s nominees, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh—just need more time to consider the emergency appeal.

TRAP laws are rooted in the willingness to go along with a fiction that something “protects maternal health” even when science and data show that it does not. Confirmation hearings are rooted in the fiction that a judicial nominee who pledges fealty to precedent cannot stand aside and allow a precedent to die. Women will be the victims of both such fictions. Perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised. It bears saying again that Donald Trump’s federal judicial nominees have been 76 percent male and 91 percent white. A review done by Bloomberg Law last week showed that female advocates made up only 17 of the 112 appearances before the Supreme Court so far this term.

The author of the 5th Circuit’s majority opinion invalidating the injunction in Louisiana ended his opinion with this piece of mathematical wizardry: “The denominator of women actually burdened is limited to those 3,000 women who seek abortions annually at Hope Clinic. The numerator is limited to those women substantially burdened. Since we have already concluded that Act 620 effects no constitutional deprivation, the numerator encompasses no one. In other words, the statute imposes an undue burden on 0% of women. By definition, zero percent is not large.”

It’s a fitting bit of word salad that perfectly encapsulates the current moment.
We are watching the zeroing out of women’s interests alongside the zeroing out of women’s representation, all of it done via sly acts of omission. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court is still deciding whether it wants to get involved. You can be certain that what John Roberts is currently grappling with comes down to this: whether the silent benefits of being done with Roe outweigh the costs of being overruled from below.
"
rip

Myzozoa

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-comm...ildren-missing-under-family-separation-policy
"NEW YORK — In court documents filed tonight, the Trump administration did not dispute a recent Office of Inspector General report that concluded there may have been thousands more children torn from parents under the administration’s family separation policy. The government also argued that it would take too long to figure out where those children currently are because it had no tracking system. The American Civil Liberties Union successfully sued the Trump administration to halt the policy and reunite the families.

Lee Gelernt, lead attorney in this lawsuit and deputy director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project, had this reaction:
The Trump administration’s response is a shocking concession that it can’t easily find thousands of children it ripped from parents, and doesn’t even think it’s worth the time to locate each of them. The administration also doesn’t dispute that separations are ongoing in significant numbers. We will be back in court on February 21.

btw one of the best (worst) items in the legal docs is the trump admin's social worker asserting that it would be traumatic to reunite children with their families after being separated by the government. https://www.aclu.org/legal-document/govt-response-declaration

at least no one's culture is being erased tho right?

Reactions: gum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)