Generation 6 IV Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sorry for the double post, but this is relevant: I calculated my Venomoth's Defense IV to be 0-3, but when I took my Venomoth to the IV man he didn't say it was bad.

Have been using this to calculate the best for my x/x/x/31/31/31 Xerneas, and it does work. Thank you very much for this! It helps us all out very much.

Sorry for the double post, but this is relevant: I calculated my Venomoth's Defense IV to be 0-3, but when I took my Venomoth to the IV man he didn't say it was bad.
Hmm, could you give me the stats/EVs? I'll look into it. However, you should also try using a Reset Bag first and see what happens.

Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
MetalKid, using your calculator:

Untrained Venomoth - Timid female, HP Dark, Takes plenty of siestas, relatively superior with perfect HP / Atk / SpA:
level 30 - 91 / 47 / 41 / 68 / 54 / 70
IVs given: 31 / 31 / 1, 3 / 31 / 15 / 17, 19

I used a Rare Candy to get it to level 31.
94 / 48 / 43 / 70 / 56 / 72
IVs now given: 31 / 31 / 3 / 31 / 15 / 17, 19

So it appears that the negative judge comments could possibly be 0-2. I don't really have any other UT Pokemon to test it on that aren't hilariously low leveled though :\

lol Venomoth is learning Gust at level 31

Thanks MetalKid. Nice to see the support for your IV Calculator still going after all these years.
Gonna be huge help instead of using that irritating IV judge.
Sure I understand him...now, but Nintendo are tedious about being direct at times(no bad pun intended).

MetalKid, using your calculator:

Untrained Venomoth - Timid female, HP Dark, Takes plenty of siestas, relatively superior with perfect HP / Atk / SpA:
level 30 - 91 / 47 / 41 / 68 / 54 / 70
IVs given: 31 / 31 / 1, 3 / 31 / 15 / 17, 19

I used a Rare Candy to get it to level 31.
94 / 48 / 43 / 70 / 56 / 72
IVs now given: 31 / 31 / 3 / 31 / 15 / 17, 19

So it appears that the negative judge comments could possibly be 0-2. I don't really have any other UT Pokemon to test it on that aren't hilariously low leveled though :\

lol Venomoth is learning Gust at level 31

So, does that mean it is fine? Or is it still messed up?

Arcticblast

You didn't add the negative blurb to the calculator yet so I assume that still works fine - I'm just narrowing down the range of IVs possible for the negative blurb.

Thanks ! Now I finally have something to know an about estimation of my IV's on my pokemon !
I've just been going off what the one guy in Kiloude City says, but now, I don't completely need him anymore.
Thanks again MetalKid ! :D

Not sure if you've updated Pancham/Pangoro yet but when I check with the IV man I'm getting the following:

Outstanding potential with it's greatest IVs being: HP / Atk / Def / X / SpD / Spe and they Simply Can't be beat. Which SHOULD be netting me IVs of: 31 / 31 / 31 / X / 31 / 31 but when I put the basic info in the calculator I'm getting:

Pancham - #674 (Adamant) Female (♀) : 29 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 29 - 31 / 14 - 15 / 31 / 4 - 6

Everything checks out but the speed. So just wondering if it has yet to be updated. Thanks again for an awesome calculator :)

Not sure if you've updated Pancham/Pangoro yet but when I check with the IV man I'm getting the following:

Outstanding potential with it's greatest IVs being: HP / Atk / Def / X / SpD / Spe and they Simply Can't be beat. Which SHOULD be netting me IVs of: 31 / 31 / 31 / X / 31 / 31 but when I put the basic info in the calculator I'm getting:

Pancham - #674 (Adamant) Female (♀) : 29 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 29 - 31 / 14 - 15 / 31 / 4 - 6

Everything checks out but the speed. So just wondering if it has yet to be updated. Thanks again for an awesome calculator :)
Looking at the base stats, I have it entered correctly (per Serebii's stats). Are you sure you didn't forget to assign your EVs? Use a Reset Bag first, and enter the stat and see what happens!

Did it again and it checked out. Seems their was an error on my part (might have been from a previous IV calc) sorry for the bother.

Sorry if this post ended up being a little longwinded. TL;DR: Hey Metalkid! Butterfree is broken on your IV calculator. Just thought you aught to know.

Hey MetalKid. Lemme just say that I love your tools! I used the catch rate calculator on conjuntion with a pokemon tabletop rpg that I ran last year, it was great. And now with gen VI I decided to get into IV breeding and low and behold another fantastic tool to use!

Though I do have a bug to report involving Butterfree. (pun intended) Earlier you mentioned using Serebii's Updaded Stats as a reference guide for your calc. It would Seem that Butterfree's stats are reflecting gens II-V still.
Here is what your calc is giving me for my Impish lvl 11 Butterfree With this Statline: 34/16/18/22/24/22 (yes I did use a reset bag)
Butterfree - #012 (Impish) Female (♀) : 0 - 7 / 10 - 19 / 10 - 18 / Impossible / 19 / 15 - 19
Having Checked the site it would seem that Butterfree has gotten a special attack boost of 10 this generation. That would explain why it is impossible.

And for those of you who are wondering why the heck I care about the IV's of a Butterfree especially when they are so obviously terrible, allow me to explain myself: I'm setting myself up do use the Recently Discovered IV Breeding Method and Butterfree is the perfect candidate for many reasons, some of them being as follows.
  • He is catchable early in the game, quite common, with a very low catch rate, meaning you probably have a few leftover from WonderTrading
  • The Egg Cycles for both breeding and hatching are quite small, making it easy to get and hatch the caterpie eggs.
  • It levels quickly making it easy to check his stats before the reset.
So yeah, sorry to get a tad off topic, but your tool is fantastic MetalKid! I hope my Butterfree Breeding rant ends up being useful to somebody.

Thanks again!

Sorry if this post ended up being a little longwinded. TL;DR: Hey Metalkid! Butterfree is broken on your IV calculator. Just thought you aught to know.

Hey MetalKid. Lemme just say that I love your tools! I used the catch rate calculator on conjuntion with a pokemon tabletop rpg that I ran last year, it was great. And now with gen VI I decided to get into IV breeding and low and behold another fantastic tool to use!

Though I do have a bug to report involving Butterfree. (pun intended) Earlier you mentioned using Serebii's Updaded Stats as a reference guide for your calc. It would Seem that Butterfree's stats are reflecting gens II-V still.
Here is what your calc is giving me for my Impish lvl 11 Butterfree With this Statline: 34/16/18/22/24/22 (yes I did use a reset bag)
Butterfree - #012 (Impish) Female (♀) : 0 - 7 / 10 - 19 / 10 - 18 / Impossible / 19 / 15 - 19
Having Checked the site it would seem that Butterfree has gotten a special attack boost of 10 this generation. That would explain why it is impossible.

And for those of you who are wondering why the heck I care about the IV's of a Butterfree especially when they are so obviously terrible, allow me to explain myself: I'm setting myself up do use the Recently Discovered IV Breeding Method and Butterfree is the perfect candidate for many reasons, some of them being as follows.
  • He is catchable early in the game, quite common, with a very low catch rate, meaning you probably have a few leftover from WonderTrading
  • The Egg Cycles for both breeding and hatching are quite small, making it easy to get and hatch the caterpie eggs.
  • It levels quickly making it easy to check his stats before the reset.
So yeah, sorry to get a tad off topic, but your tool is fantastic MetalKid! I hope my Butterfree Breeding rant ends up being useful to somebody.

Thanks again!
Not quite... If you read the notes at the top of the page, you would have realizes there are Pokemon in the dropdown with (X/Y) after their name. Butterfree is one of those Pokemon, so you have to switch to the one with (X/Y) at the end. In the next version of the site, I will have a Generation dropdown so you can choose Generation VI instead of doing it this way.

Is Honedge fixed? I was using your site before and it would say invalid Pokemon.

Anyways good job updating the calculator. Very useful for future breeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)