Tournament Girafarig if instead of a line it split off in a triangular formation Cup II - "Won" by Los Umbrellos

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1592710225114.png

Girafarig if instead of a line it split off in a triangular formation Cup II Pre-Round One intricately detailed Team Spotlights

1592700912899.png
With the timing of this tour, the ones who will get the most mileage out of their signup posts are those who will most efficiently adapt to and engineer the new metagame. On that note, the white and nerdys are a promising combination helmed by strong SS player Paraplegic. Known far and wide for his unprecedented, cruel abuse of Weezing right out of the gates of gen 8, he is a player who can undoubtedly adapt to the new Isle of Armor metagame with ease. Looking at the rest of the team, we see longtime doubles titan Yoda2798 running in. Steam hissing off his body, he crushes the stadium floor beneath his feet proceeding his victory against the legendary emforbes in DPL. In the last slot, we have Z Strats. Still riding the high of his immense Drop An Uber Tour victory, it seems like he's looking for more tours to add to his collection.

1592703322699.png
While not having as many tier leaders as Two Ms and a Tree, Thundurus Applause's own Memoric pressures the bracket with his unabated doubles prowess. With a seasonal and a DPL under his belt, we shall see how he fares in the hallowed grounds of the girafarig if instead of a line it split off in a triangular formation cup two. n10siT is another strong contender, known mostly for his work bringing a semblance of order to the otherwise chaotic Doubles UU. His quick thinking and smarts which lead into his ability to excavate and cultivate an unexplored metagame should prove valuable in this tournament. SingleThunder beat me in a game once.

That's all for now! Signups are still open! I'll see you later for Round One!

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1592783358495.png

:marshadow:Free Marsh vs Luisin y sus perras:rillaboom:
Nido-Rus vs Luisin
Yellow Paint vs m rodrigues
AuraRayquaza vs papiloco

:nihilego:Sludge Wave Surfers vs congragation of the eht fo noitagargnoc
Fuladono vs stax
Pataozinho vs snaga
Alpino 2.0 vs Amaranth

:metagross-mega:Team Tough Claws vs Free Agent Team
AceTycoon vs Rchie Lmerose
DukeOfKings vs pulsar512b
GoomyFanCluv
vs mc56556

:weezing-galar:the white and nerdys vs The Hydro Homies:vaporeon:
Paraplegic vs Sunrose
Yoda2798 vs KennyJ
Z strats vs YoBuddy

:tauros:Armada Española vs Los Umbrellos:litwick:
tenzai vs Qwello Lee
DLT JRL BELL
vs umbreon098
voltix31 vs qsns

:bulbasaur:Black Swannas vs Dewgong Memes:dewgong:
n1n1 vs LLiama
Homosexual Mother
vs sawamura
Hashtag vs Mishimono

:golbat:Pogchamps vs Kingdra to 1:kingdra:
xzern vs Ezrael
Everything Is Something vs Nails
Hamlette vs Spurrific

:yamper:Yamsing Yampers vs Two Ms and a Tree:maractus:
tennisace vs talkingtree
GenOne
vs Mizuhime
Lord Death Man vs MajorBowman

Notes:
  • Format is SS Doubles OU + Isle of Armor DLC
  • Battles are best of three
  • This tournament is single elimination
  • There is no restriction against sharing teams with your group or changing teams in a set
  • Post replays
  • Girafarig is legal
  • Round 1 ends Sunday, June 28th, midnight gmt-4 or when all the matches are completed.
  • In order to avoid round robin finals, this tournament will have four randomized byes in the first round and another four byes in the second round which will be seeded based off of the doubles circuit as a whole. I used this challonge bracket to generate byes and matchups for the first round. Teams will not get a bye twice.
Round 1 byes:
  • :trapinch:Thundurus Applause
  • :darmanitan-galar-zen:Frostblitzers
  • checkmater75
  • Team I have no idea what im doing or what this metagame is

1592783757412.png

Last edited:
Just so I don't make any mistakes, could you explain exactly how we're supposed to go about challenging our opponents?

My opponent mc56556 and i scheduled for 7pm est. Its now 7:20pm est and there’s no sign of them

EDIT
We made a timezone mistake and are in the process of rescheduling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)