Glimmer: An Overview of Reflective Barriers and Usage

What do you think?

• A nice idea, I'll be sure to try it out soon.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I enjoyed the idea, but I dislike the concept of the moves.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • I still think you're crazy.

Votes: 36 45.6%

• Total voters
For those wondering what stat would be lowered, Special Defense seems like an obvious candidate since he's going to use Light Screen anyways...

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You don't get what I meant. TWaving a Yache-Garchomp could effectively mean gg, since no matter what you do, it's going to SD that that turn. Mamoswine cannot use that free turn to set up anythng. It won't obliterate teams, and random Pokemon can come in and kick it out next turn. I guess SR is an option, but that isn't really something that will worry the opponent enough to stop him running TWave, not in the same league as a Chomp SDing.

Setting up 8 turns of LS is completely different from setting up SR, and this is a good way to neutralise the threat of TWaving Blissey and get some Screens up.

p.s. i would definitely switch rhyperior into electivire while you guys were having that misunderstanding. why wouldn't you? hpgrass is the only threat which is rare, whereas rhyperior's massive hp/def and solid rock makes ita bel to go into icepunch/cc/eq but more importantly, probably on the most likely used tbolt.

also if you twave the garchomp, just ib to get rid of yache and go on with your life. not that crucial guys..although one would wonder why no one ever ran any LS teams for yache garchomp to survive 2 ice attacks...intriguing..

Mamoswine cannot use that free turn to set up anythng.
Come again? Stealth Rock, Reflect, Light Screen, Hail, Sandstorm and Rain Dance. What team support options does Electivire have? Light Screen, Rain Dance and....well, that's about it. Clearly Mamoswine has more versatility in the support department as it can do everything Electivire can and more, except perhaps Brick Break but that is rather situational. It's bulkier too with the massive HP, and is stronger physically with superior STABs, although Electivire runs mix sets a lot better.

p.s. i would definitely switch rhyperior into electivire while you guys were having that misunderstanding. why wouldn't you? hpgrass is the only threat which is rare, whereas rhyperior's massive hp/def and solid rock makes ita bel to go into icepunch/cc/eq but more importantly, probably on the most likely used tbolt.

also if you twave the garchomp, just ib to get rid of yache and go on with your life. not that crucial guys..although one would wonder why no one ever ran any LS teams for yache garchomp to survive 2 ice attacks...intriguing..
Actually, Reflect would probably be better than Light Screen because after a Garchomp sets up (which is what it would have done if its Yache Berry was broken), the only Ice attack it's likely to need to dodge is Ice Shard. On top of that, most priority attacks are Physical.

If this is supposed to act as just a T-Wave immunity, why would I use this over Specs Jolteon? Hell, why would I use Electivire over any Jolteon?

which is a poor reason, since Jolteon can just as easily Baton Pass immediately allowing you to set up your Lucario / Scizor / Machamp / Tar / Physical sweeper of choice. Electivire sucks, and this set is no different. Not to sound like a dick, but this thing is just outclassed in pretty much everything that it does. It doesn't sweep very well, it can't use both screens, meaning other screeners do better, and its frail as all hell. I'm still apalled that Electivire was ever OU to begin with.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's not a sweeper, it's not a screen set-upper, it's not a wall breaker, it's not a Twave absorber/electric immunity. It's a super flexible hybrid of all these things at once.
Time has learnt us that things who are not balanced all around but not good at anything either tend to fail

Use Sweepers for sweeping and supporters for supporting, don't try to mix things cause they won't work

Electivire doesnt have the Defenses to pull these kinds of stunts at all, It was Designed to be a Sweeper, With the Base stats, Ability..

Maybe Put in Tangrowth..

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe Put in Tangrowth..
truer words have never been spoken. Light, Yagami= im a gay light.

That has nothing to do with anything though, Electivre isn't what I would consider a "good" pokemon any way since he really can't OHKO anything besides some sweepers, even then it's something risky to do. Getting an Electvire in only to make him set up reflect seems like a waste. Without Expert belt some of those OHKO's he's going for to don't happen. It just seems to gimmicky for my taste though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)