Tournament Gods Among Us 2, OU Edition - Discussion Thread (Round 4 - Groudon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
approved by bludz

Banner made by me :)
Co-hosted with AD impish john
Just like with the last Gods Among Us Tour, this thread will be used as a platform for discussion on the "Gods Among Us 2, OU Edition" tour that can be found in the OU Forum. The tournament can be found below.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gods-among-us-2-ou-edition-sign-ups.3561162/

Provide some meaning to the discussion or points you're trying to get across. It's a general discussion thread for each round with emphasis on the discussion point being the unbanned Pokemon for that round. Keep discussion civil and informed. You're free to talk about replays and matches while using examples of these to bring up relevant points and we encourage you to do so. If for whatever reason you didn't or couldn't join the tour at the sign up stage you're free to try out the idea of playing with the unbanned Pokemon with friends to get an idea as well. Also, refrain from talking about wanting to see things suspected, as in saying "ban Manaphy I got 6-0d by it!!!!".

Last edited:
One thing I noticed while trying teams against friends in prep for my first match, Zekrom isn't NEARLY as broken as I thought it was. It manages to get critical ko's, but it isn't THAT scary, and my friend who was using a regular team without Zekrom was able to easily and play around it and still do damage. Felt like I was using a regular OU dragon type, not an overpowered "uber".

I was using scarf Zekrom btw. Would love to hear other people's thoughts.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
One thing I noticed while trying teams against friends in prep for my first match, Zekrom isn't NEARLY as broken as I thought it was. It manages to get critical ko's, but it isn't THAT scary, and my friend who was using a regular team without Zekrom was able to easily and play around it and still do damage. Felt like I was using a regular OU dragon type, not an overpowered "uber".

I was using scarf Zekrom btw. Would love to hear other people's thoughts.
Why would you use the most boring as hell Zekrom set in existence and is prediction reliant as hell to begin with ._.

Band, Life Orb, mixed, SubHoneClaws, with maybe even Salac? I just can't stand reading the "not nearly broken" idea this kind of tour tends to bring because it's always based on like 2 matches with 0 legitimate information backing it. It's also like 1 round where you play 3 matches at most, where do people just out of the blue assume something isn't "broken" without a long period of metagame stability anyways? Sigh.

Why would you use the most boring as hell Zekrom set in existence and is prediction reliant as hell to begin with ._.

Band, Life Orb, mixed, SubHoneClaws, with maybe even Salac? I just can't stand reading the "not nearly broken" idea this kind of tour tends to bring because it's always based on like 2 matches with 0 legitimate information backing it. It's also like 1 round where you play 3 matches at most, where do people just out of the blue assume something isn't "broken" without a long period of metagame stability anyways? Sigh.
Your implying that I only did the 3 matches required for this round, not Any other matches using the format. That I didn't clearly state that I made different teams to test out the mentioned Pokémon. I mentioned the one that stood out the most to me, which is the scarf set. I literally could have mentioned any other set and you would have given the same response. If you don't like "after doing a bunch of matches, it's not nearly as broken as I thought", please leave this community entirely. Things are Going to be tested, and people WILL give their feedback. Let me guess, I should have said "damn Zekrom is broken!" ?

Nevermind honestly. I'm just gonna go back to lurking this site. Not nearly as inviting as advertised.

Edit : whoops! Didn't know I was replying to the almighty Lord AM. Let me not get banned :X
AM Edit: Lol.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Although nowhere near as broken as I initially thought, zekrom is clearly powerful. It has bulk, sky-high attack, great special attack, and access to strong STAB moves all sound great on paper. It is extremely versatile, (operating as a sweeper with hone claws, wall breaker with mixed LO, or a potent revenge killer/late game cleaner with choice scarf), and has access to volt switch to top it all off.

Zekrom's bulk and typing allow it to serve as an offensive check to most bird spam type mons, serperior (immunity to glare), and scizor

Zekrom's "Achille's heel" is its mediocre speed, however. OU has so many checks to zekrom that are already ubiquitous in the current meta game, such as lati@s, weavile, lando-t, and so on. Defensive Mega Alt counters and sets up on all variants of zekrom except for choice band. Common defensive OU cores with heatrans and ferrothorns can handle zekroms without focus blast.

In conclusion, I feel like that although zekrom isn't the monster many of us were expecting, it can be a huge threat if given the right support. Pursuit trapping, hazard stacking, lures, and suitable offensive partners will be necessary to wear down/remove zekroms checks and counters.
Although an amazing mon, I don't believe that it would be "broken" as Aldaron's tiering policy framework defines the term (so effective that it removes skilled gameplay)
I personally believe that any discussion of zekrom's tiering should fall under section IV of definitions tiering policy, "unhealthy".

Would love to read other opinions

Last edited:

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think Zekrom is one of those Pokemon that OU can find a way to adapt to if given the time, but the paradigm shift that would occur as a result of its presence would likely keep it where it is. Offense overwhelming defense even more is something I'm sure few of us are in a hurry to see, even if Zekrom isn't necessarily the main offender of that trend. I'm not expecting much worse than what we already have to deal with, just a darker shade of a known problem.

Zekrom is a pokemon I see as having a bit too much power that overstays its welcome in the tier. I was thinking before my tests with my zekrom team that maybe this mon is something that can actually be in the tier but not be broken, however, I realized how much utitlity and power it actually has. Having access to a really good mixed set can make it really hard to switch into to. As well as recovery and sky high attack stats make it a bit too powerful. I feel like it would also shift the metagame as it can limit team building.

I think I agree with all the above statements. I still stand by my statement that I don't think it's broken garbage, but it's still VERY powerful. I had a hard time finding something that could switch into it and it getting 2hko'd that wasn't called hippo or ferro (thought most of them still revenge kill but that's not here nor there. ) I think a good set would be like max attack and hp or max attack and some defensive stat. Base 90 is honestly not something worth investing in if you have the bulk that Zekrom does. I think I'm going to run that actually.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Zekrom is a pokemon I see as having a bit too much power that overstays its welcome in the tier. I was thinking before my tests with my zekrom team that maybe this mon is something that can actually be in the tier but not be broken, however, I realized how much utitlity and power it actually has. Having access to a really good mixed set can make it really hard to switch into to. As well as recovery and sky high attack stats make it a bit too powerful. I feel like it would also shift the metagame as it can limit team building.
Couldn't this same reasoning be used to justify hoopa-u being broken? It is also a powerful wallbreaker with powerful moves at is disposal, but Zekrom is actually easier to switch into as it doesn't really have many coverage options outside of its STAB moves, so a lot of OU mons like Ferrothorn, Excadrill, and MAlt can all switch into it fairly comfortably and threaten it with either the ability to set up hazards for free, spin, or just smash it with super effective STAB moves. Not only that, but Zekrom's speed stat makes it liable to being revenge killed by faster mons like garchomp, kyub, lati twins, etc. Additionally, Zekrom's only way of boosting its speed, i.e a choice scarf, limits its ability to wallbreak since it is locked into one move, and it allows certain pokemon, like defensive lando, switch in without having to fear too much from it. For these reasons, I don't really think that Zekrom is broken. Granted it will be a powerful wallbreaker that does well vs stall, but if that makes something broken, then why haven't we banned manaphy or hoopa yet then? However, I don't really see anything positive that Zekrom adds to the metagame that we needed, since doesn't really help out with how much better than stall offense is, so I think that keeping it banned is good for the metagame since it wouldn't make the metagame any healthier imo. Also, why is Aegi in this tour when we just suspected it lol?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Littlelucario zekrom gets tailwind. So yes it has other means of boosting its speed. Attack invested life orb or band sets with steel wing cut through mega altaria as well. Flegg, bludz, and myself were talking a bit about it yesterday and im looking forward to trying some really cool sets out.

The comparison between zekrom and those wallbreakers is beyond off but im not gonna open that can of worms and explain why that logic is faulty.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Littlelucario zekrom gets tailwind. So yes it has other means of boosting its speed. Attack invested life orb or band sets with steel wing cut through mega altaria as well. Flegg, bludz, and myself were talking a bit about it yesterday and im looking forward to trying some really cool sets out.

The comparison between zekrom and those wallbreakers is beyond off but im not gonna open that can of worms and explain why that logic is faulty.
For some reason, I didn't see steel wing or tailwind when i skimmed its movepool earlier lol, and that does change things quite a bit now that I think about it since TW lets it maintain its wallbreaking power, and steel wing is a really solid coverage move on it, but this proves my point of it being unhealthy for the metagame even further.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Personally Life Orb or Ebelt Zekrom just reck i mean their mixed offensive power is insane it basically allows it to decide what walls itself (Hp fire means lando and hippo etc/ Hp ice means ferro etc)

Couldn't this same reasoning be used to justify hoopa-u being broken? It is also a powerful wallbreaker with powerful moves at is disposal, but Zekrom is actually easier to switch into as it doesn't really have many coverage options outside of its STAB moves, so a lot of OU mons like Ferrothorn, Excadrill, and MAlt can all switch into it fairly comfortably and threaten it with either the ability to set up hazards for free, spin, or just smash it with super effective STAB moves. Not only that, but Zekrom's speed stat makes it liable to being revenge killed by faster mons like garchomp, kyub, lati twins, etc. Additionally, Zekrom's only way of boosting its speed, i.e a choice scarf, limits its ability to wallbreak since it is locked into one move, and it allows certain pokemon, like defensive lando, switch in without having to fear too much from it. For these reasons, I don't really think that Zekrom is broken. Granted it will be a powerful wallbreaker that does well vs stall, but if that makes something broken, then why haven't we banned manaphy or hoopa yet then? However, I don't really see anything positive that Zekrom adds to the metagame that we needed, since doesn't really help out with how much better than stall offense is, so I think that keeping it banned is good for the metagame since it wouldn't make the metagame any healthier imo. Also, why is Aegi in this tour when we just suspected it lol?
So your saying that it could be OU level but there simply isn't a reason to unban it at this time? I could go for that. Its the pokemon like Zekrom, Hoopa-U, and Manaphy that I always have a hard time debating. On the one hand, they are ridiculously overpowered and its hard to switch into said pokemon. On the other hand, they only get their strength under certain circumstances. Yeah, most things get 2hko'd by its stab, but its so slow it gets revenge killed by alot of things. And like you said, if its running scarf its gets horribly walled. When i first started testing Zekrom, i was expecting to sweep teams easily. I was in for a big surprise.

Hmm, I think its too much for the meta, but much less so then Aegislash, or Cancermin-Sky. Its a very debatable pokemon.

For some reason, I didn't see steel wing or tailwind when i skimmed its movepool earlier lol, and that does change things quite a bit now that I think about it since TW lets it maintain its wallbreaking power, and steel wing is a really solid coverage move on it, but this proves my point of it being unhealthy for the metagame even further.
In a 1v1 matchup, Life Orbed Steel Wing doesnt even KO and it gets one-shotted by Return. Tailwind is scary, but i think we can safely disregard steel wing lol.

Hell, even other fairies like Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon still take more damage from bolt strike.

Last edited by a moderator:

p2

Banned deucer.
zekrom has no coverage, it boils down to focus blast and steel wing. if you're going banded, you literally only have sw as your option. it's perfectly viable and just shreds mega altaria while cb fusion bolt just melts everything that isn't ground type. being easily revenge killed means jack shit when you are literally forced to revenge it with a faster fairy or something that can actually ohko it, which practically limits you to stuff like scarf lando/chomp, gardevoir, latis, and mega altaria i suppose. i don't see how thats a "lot of things" because clearly the vulnerability of zekrom is being hugely exaggerated. you can't even get enough damage with something like scarftar because stone edge does 50% at most and it just evaporates into thin air as soon as outrage hits it. this is actually talking from testing zekrom teams and not just theorymonning. this mon is not easy to switch into at all because even lo outrage rips apart lando-t too and mag exists for those mons that are walled by ferro.

on the other hand, steelix has a nice niche because it flat out walls zekrom that lack focus blast and is a great teammate too because it covers most of its threats effectively too. it's also undeniable that sand will be extremely common because excadrill is probably the best revenge killer for zekrom because its not very easy to take advantage of under sand unlike other stuff like fairies and latis.

zekrom has no coverage, it boils down to focus blast and steel wing. if you're going banded, you literally only have sw as your option. it's perfectly viable and just shreds mega altaria while cb fusion bolt just melts everything that isn't ground type. being easily revenge killed means jack shit when you are literally forced to revenge it with a faster fairy or something that can actually ohko it, which practically limits you to stuff like scarf lando/chomp, gardevoir, latis, and mega altaria i suppose. i don't see how thats a "lot of things" because clearly the vulnerability of zekrom is being hugely exaggerated. you can't even get enough damage with something like scarftar because stone edge does 50% at most and it just evaporates into thin air as soon as outrage hits it. this is actually talking from testing zekrom teams and not just theorymonning. this mon is not easy to switch into at all because even lo outrage rips apart lando-t too and mag exists for those mons that are walled by ferro.

on the other hand, steelix has a nice niche because it flat out walls zekrom that lack focus blast and is a great teammate too because it covers most of its threats effectively too. it's also undeniable that sand will be extremely common because excadrill is probably the best revenge killer for zekrom because its not very easy to take advantage of under sand unlike other stuff like fairies and latis.
Zekrom is bad you just refuse to adapt.

Lol what? You named Latios, Latias, scarf Lando, scarf chomp, and mega Altaria as Zekrom's revenge killers. You completely left out life orb chomp, Excadrill (any set you want m8), Mamoswine, Gliscor (2hkos), Hydreigon, hell, Kyurem-Black is faster and can revenge kill. I'm sure there's even more that could fulfil that role. Finding something that can take a hit from Zekrom is the hard part, finding revenge killers is way too easy. (and can get you with the calcs when I get home.)

As far as Steelix goes, I'll take your word for it. I don't really know much about that Pokémon.

From looking at replays Zekrom looks pretty stupid...Its pretty nice typing combined with great bulk and nice movepool make it to much for ou imo.... Axel Davis there's no comparing hoopa u manaphy and zekrom because for starters Zekrom has much better typing and provides much more capalities to a team then wallbreaker (AM broguht up tailwind)... Zekrom would be wayy to over centralizing for OU hard walling pretty much every electric type in the tier and many other things, from making it to the finals of the first gods among us tour I got out of it that while the tour is great to start discussion on certain mons you really dont know how a mon will do in a tier as AM says " It's also like 1 round where you play 3 matches at most, where do people just out of the blue assume something isn't "broken" without a long period of metagame stability anyways? Sigh." In this tour everyone is focused on the mon thats unbanned for the round so you cant judge much based off a over centralized beta...
Edit: Sorry if my grammar is screwed, wrote this on mobile.

I respect youre argument but the hoopa has a bit more problems going for it as to why its not banned. The fact that it is basically a sack against hyper offense and how many physcial hits just down right ohko it keep it from being banned. Ya hoopa can get a kill most of the time but its not guaranteed, also the fact that it can be easily pursuit trapped. While it can run a scarf to mitigate its speed that just leaves it susceptible to pursuit trappers like i said as well as not being able to switch up its wide array of moves. I just feel like there is more weaknesses to hoopa then there is for zekrom, which is why it is still in the ou tier.

I decided I'm just not going to run Zekrom in my match. It's wayyy to hard for me to build a team around, I was practically about our rip my hair out. I'm going to make a team for countering pokemon I know people like to run with it.

Zekrom is bad you just refuse to adapt.
Let us prepare for this exact statement to be repeated over, and over, and over, and over again throughout the thread.
99% sure it's sarcasm but still

In all seriousness, I don't believe Zekrom is exactly healthy. That movepool, although missing a couple pretty key moves (why does Zekrom not learn EQ Game Freak?!), is pretty god damn good. It has something to patch most of its few weaknesses. The problem with this tour, this happened in the last one too, is people just copy and paste the uber sets despite the fact that OU is COMPLETELY different, therefore those sets can be subpar. Not too often do you see people experimenting with sets that would actually work in OU. Sadly, it's really not enough time to tell whether it'd be fitting for a drop, and because of that we get these splits of "it's not broken, I beat it with my mDiancie" and "it has ways around its few switch ins, thus won't be healthy in an OU environment".

I personally feel like it'd be a pretty centralizing force, especially when you realize just how many sets it could run, meaning even more preparation is in order. Not only that, but because it would be one, it would STRONGLY hinder teambuilding, something we tend to avoid.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
(Zekrom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Bolt Strike
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

This is the set I used in the one game I used Zekrom, I figured it could be used kinda like a Kyurem-B, albeit with a better physical STAB and less shitty typing etc. LO invested Draco is absolutely monstrous, smacks Lando for like ~90% and standard Hippo for like 70, while Bolt Strike is still rly strong even w/out investment. For reference, it 2hkoes max/max Clef easily. HP Fire destroys the Ferro that I predict will be p. popular in this round and kinda makes balance cry cos they just start dropping mons. I paired this with a spikes Skarm cos spikes make zekky a ton more threatening as virtually nothing immune to them wants to take it on, and skarm handles things like some variants of m alt / grasses(spikes all over) / driller / which could be annoying.

EDIT: I didn't use it, but if you don't feel like Roost is needed you could go for Flash Cannon or Steel Wing in that last slot to bop Mega Alt and become rly hard to deal with in general.

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
hehe I got knocked out early unfortunately so I won't get the joy of playing the other rounds outside of testing with others that I probably won't do. Lesson of the day is to double check your teams before going in the match. Some ideas I was playing around with and felt like testing.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Healing Wish

Zekrom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Steel Wing
- Tailwind

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Magnet Rise
- Swords Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
Punch holes with Exca, Garde, and Zekrom. Tailwind for added speed control. Adamant and Jolly are both good options for SD Exca I figured I would use Jolly to beat Adamant Excas. Latios is kind of useless outside of being a Keldeo check on the team so that's interchangeable.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Zekrom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
- Hone Claws

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 244 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
Could just use another Zekrom set. Kind of wanted to test subhoneclaws but didnt end up using this one. Life Orb / Roost seems like it can work to. Basic Zard-Y shit, Dragon Pulse as the coverage seeing as how Zekrom sort of cockblocks Zard-Y without so easy to lure it out.

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 56 Def / 168 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Substitute
- Glare

Zekrom @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 72 SpD / 188 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
- Toxic
Flegg used M-Steelix against me in some test matches and when played well it's kind of stupid because it takes on Zekrom pretty well barring weird variants. I wanted to give Toxic Zekrom a shot considering most times the switchs in to it outside of Ferrothorn were all poison susceptible mons like Hippowdon. CM / Life Orb Clefable breaks down fatter teams prepped for the Twave / CM set. I liked this team in the second game barring the import mess up I put upon myself but that's what happens when you rush.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Agility

Zekrom @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Draco Meteor
- Bolt Strike
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Klefki @ Red Card
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 88 SpA /72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Endure
- Stealth Rock

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Tail Glow
The only thing I regret was not being able to try this team out hahaha. I thought Freeroamers set was pretty neat but I also wanted to see how HP Ice would fair. I think both are good kind of depends what you're going for. General idea is you set up hazards to a point where M-Altaria can click Agility and clean up late-game. That's the idea anyways but normally it's easier said than done.

So there's some ideas to try out if you haven't played your games yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)