Gods and Followers

Primals do make sense though because their evolution is instantaneous. That didn't cross my mind at the time I was coding this. I can change that if really necessary, or you can stick to consistency.

Edit: I agree it makes more sense to check none, and is less confusing

Last edited:
Very excited for this month! I'm glad to see PDon teams nerfed to monoground, because I feared they would become the standard team, but it hurts other Megas which is sad. I'm skeptical of MegaRay being legal (whyyy) since its been banned in every singles tier except AG, which, by name, has to allow anything. I guess we will have to see how big of a problem it really becomes.

I think the best gods are those with durable sets, like a subCM MMY as opposed to an all out attacking set, or perhaps AV dialga opposed to specs or LO. Thoughts?

Primals do make sense though because their evolution is instantaneous. That didn't cross my mind at the time I was coding this. I can change that if really necessary, or you can stick to consistency.
Honestly it makes more sense for the code to check all altered forms or none of them: Groudon's typing does matter in some capacity, as I think it takes less Stealth Rock damage on the first switch (don't quote me on that one) and it's kind of confusing to players to have Primal Groudon teams be dual typed and MMX ones not be. Plus as Manchamp said, it might be a healthy nerf. Keep as is for now, I'll let you know if the council decides otherwise.
Very excited for this month! I'm glad to see PDon teams nerfed to monoground, because I feared they would become the standard team, but it hurts other Megas which is sad. I'm skeptical of MegaRay being legal (whyyy) since its been banned in every singles tier except AG, which, by name, has to allow anything. I guess we will have to see how big of a problem it really becomes.

I think the best gods are those with durable sets, like a subCM MMY as opposed to an all out attacking set, or perhaps AV dialga opposed to specs or LO. Thoughts?
I put M-ray in as a test. My reasoning is a few pages back, but I think it's more balanced when a) it's not allowed to die without hurting its team, and b) by necessity its team can have no Ice resists. If it proves too much the council will re-suspect it.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ya the primals should be included, as you cannot decide whether or no to evolve them, as you claimed with mega evolutions (which makes sense).

I found a use for Golurk.
STALL GOD (Golurk) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 20 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Taunt

Man, I am just the worst.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

Edit: I agree it makes more sense to check none, and is less confusing
I don't really agree with only checking Primals if it does happen. I see it as either check both or don't even bother, because that just makes teams with PDon overpowered and all of the other teams lacking. Plus it ruined my MMX team :<

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't really agree with only checking Primals if it does happen. I see it as either check both or don't even bother, because that just makes teams with PDon overpowered and all of the other teams lacking. Plus it ruined my MMX team :<
Groudon is just going to be instantly primal anyways if you sent it out in battle so it would be like if that was the main form. I don't know if this supports my argument but the Pokemon's primal form is their original form according to the Pokemon legend so primal Groudon with fire and ground followers does make sense because of that.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Groudon is just going to be instantly primal anyways if you sent it out in battle so it would be like if that was the main form. I don't know if this supports my argument but the Pokemon's primal form is their original form according to the Pokemon legend so primal Groudon with fire and ground followers does make sense because of that.
I meant it would make Pdon teams OP in the way that it could have more than one type for an already outrageously strong mon, not that it's technically the original form

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I meant it would make Pdon teams OP in the way that it could have more than one type for an already outrageously strong mon, not that it's technically the original form
This is the same for Mega Rayquaza and there are no problems dealt with that. If anything, the mono Fairy team with Xerneas as the god are already dominating the ladder. Other than that, Ground and Fire has a huge weakness of water and has not much to stop it. Water teams with gods like Palkia and Kyogre would almost if not counter team and if Primal Groudon really is that big of a threat, Golducks would start being packed in teams as well.

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
This is the same for Mega Rayquaza and there are no problems dealt with that. If anything, the mono Fairy team with Xerneas as the god are already dominating the ladder.
What? That wasn't what I was saying. I was saying that PDon teams would be overpowered if it were the only Primal/Mega given the ability to have the team types of its "final forme" because it would be able to get Fire-type megas (and other Pokemon like Heatran) on its team. I don't care about Mega Rayquaza on the ladder or anywhere because literally even just mixed scarf ice beam kyub OHKOes it.

E:

Other than that, Ground and Fire has a huge weakness of water and has not much to stop it. Water teams with gods like Palkia and Kyogre would almost if not counter team and if Primal Groudon really is that big of a threat, Golducks would start being packed in teams as well.
He edited his post and I just want to reply to this. The one thing that you're missing is that Water-type moves cannot hit Primal Groudon, and Cloud Nine doesn't clear extreme weather, only Delta Stream, which makes it extremely hard to hit PDon unless you have Mega Rayquaza or a Ground-type.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Sorry for the double post, but he edited his post and I just want to reply to this. The one thing that you're missing is that Water-type moves cannot hit Primal Groudon, and Cloud Nine doesn't clear extreme weather, only Delta Stream, which makes it extremely hard to hit PDon unless you have Mega Rayquaza or a Ground-type.
Sorry just to correct this but abilities like Air Lock and Cloud Nine do cancel out secondary effects of even the primal abilities. So Golduck would be able to hit P-Don with a water move.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Sorry just to correct this but abilities like Air Lock and Cloud Nine do cancel out secondary effects of even the primal abilities.
oh my bad

but even then, i dont see anyone running a Golduck anytime soon to cancel out a Groudon's ability. Golduck isn't even barely viable in standard competitive play and using it in this circumstance doesn't make it even better.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
oh my bad

but even then, i dont see anyone running a Golduck anytime soon to cancel out a Groudon's ability. Golduck isn't even barely viable in standard competitive play and using it in this circumstance doesn't make it even better.
I agree, just wanted to give an example though. I've seen ray with surf used quite effectively as a lure in ubers, may be viable here.

Why is mray still a thing? Not only is it unbelievably strong, but it's typing grants it teammates that can provide unprecedented support. Plenty of hazard removers, rock setters, and even a healing wish for it. Completely unfair right now, doesn't deserve to be in the meta

When somebody crits my god and it dies, I get so irritated. I can bear with crits in all the other metas that I've played, but just not in Gods and Followers.

I don't know where this "Mega Ray is unfair" argument come from. As a Mega Ray user, I feel like it's kind of overrated. Just because it's better than everything else in ubers, doesn't mean it's broken in here.

In fact, I'd say Mega Salamence is a better god than Mega Ray because it's bulkier (especially with Intimidate), get Roost and Refresh to heal itself from damages and status. Because of this, it doesn't really need Healing Wish Latias support, which is very important because you can fill that slot with a good poke that covers more threats.

As for sweeping, Xerneas is harder to stop than Mega Ray because of how easy it is to 6-0 things with Geomancy and team support.

Mega Ray IS good though, just not as "unfair" as people making out to be.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I don't know where this "Mega Ray is unfair" argument come from. As a Mega Ray user, I feel like it's kind of overrated. Just because it's better than everything else in ubers, doesn't mean it's broken in here.

In fact, I'd say Mega Salamence is a better god than Mega Ray because it's bulkier (especially with Intimidate), get Roost and Refresh to heal itself from damages and status. Because of this, it doesn't really need Healing Wish Latias support, which is very important because you can fill that slot with a good poke that covers more threats.

As for sweeping, Xerneas is harder to stop than Mega Ray because of how easy it is to 6-0 things with Geomancy and team support.

Mega Ray IS good though, just not as "unfair" as people making out to be.
xern can be checked, incapable of going mixed, unable to hold an item, and lacks a "reliable" typing. lets not forget, mega rayquaza has 115 speed, 180 offenses, 120 stab with negligable recoil, capability of holding an item, reliable and strong priority, AND an ability to help deal with specific pokemon who would otherwise revenge kill. for example of its attacking power:
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 469-554 (116 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 328-387 (81.1 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery(take note the modest)
115 is a speed tier that both ubers AND OU covet to outspeed, and on top of that, ray gets 2x priority, and neutrality to ALL priority but ice shard, which is only 2x effective.
what makes ray scary is that it's stats are complimented with the fact that its speed tier lets it outspeed EVERY relivant mon, and the ones that do outspeed die to espeed. and ray also has the bulk+typing(delta stream) to set up on almost every pokemon in the tier.

the main difference between mence and ray, is ray gets swords dance, and the ability to have a "fools aerialate" with life orb. ray is still stronger by a massive 40 base points and has priority to back it up alongside running DD if it was crazy enough to do so( with more resists and lacking a 4x weakness to ice because of delta stream allowing it more setup opportunities to top it off) not much of a "better" case (as mence gets 95/130 bulk with intimidate!) buuut, id still take 180 attack over 145 anyday, especially when that "30% boost" is on ALL of your moves, rather then just your flying type moves securing more ko's.

and also, if ray gets a swords dance, your team probably loses. if you predict the SD and phase it away...it just comes back in and swords dances again. xern cannot do that. that's another difference between xern and ray.

and lastly, lets not forget both dragon and flying are FILLED with amazing revenge killers, sweepers, and wallbreakers as is.

i think its unfairness is pretty justified. as both offense and stall would be hard pressed to fight this thing, and unlike xern, its not a case of "oh man i have to defeat that aegis and win" its literally "oh, my opponent locked himself into CC, time to come in and get a kill" xern is good because if given the opportunity, it can completely wipe a team clean. ray can do that without having to prepare so cautiously for such a chance, while still lacking reliable revenge killers like scizor and aegislash to combat it. seriously, it uses PRIMAL GROUDON as setup fodder. and ohkos max def at +2!
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Primal Groudon: 374-442 (92.8 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
Aron @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
Bold Nature
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Sandstorm

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Diancie @ Light Clay
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Moonblast

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- U-turn
- Psychic

So this teams God is Aron, and is built around supporting Aron and letting it pick up a few K.Oes I currently have a 50/50 W/L ratio after 8 battles, unfortunately I lost one of my winning replays, but here are the others.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-godsandfollowers-312398713

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/godsandfollowers-312404843

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/godsandfollowers-312404843

This final battle is a loss, but shows how this team can work quite well, against a really good team by Chopin Alkaninoff around arguably the best God, Mega Rayquaza.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/godsandfollowers-312409670

EDIT: I originally had stallbreaker heatran instead of jirachi, but in trying jirachi out as if Aron takes damage without healing it off with shell bell, he's screwed, this is used to fix that

Last edited:

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
I kinda like Kyu-W as the god, Ice destroys a lot of flying/dragon based teams like Yveltal or Rayquaza, even with bad plays
No rayquaza replays, but beating them isnt too hard when there's the team is filled with Ice weaknesses and has no resists at all.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/godsandfollowers-312420321
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/godsandfollowers-312418431
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/godsandfollowers-312417349
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/godsandfollowers-312331454

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Guys i have been using my MMX team and upgrading it and practicing the whole month of december but never expected that change....
So is that change for this month or a permanent change?

Just because it's better than everything else in ubers, doesn't mean it's broken in here.
LOL

Why don't you think a little bit what you just posted. It was banned because it was too powerful for Ubers. A tier with Uber walls, get it? How is it OK on a sorta dual mono OU meta? Explain please.

Saying things like "I've beaten MRay teams" is a moot point, I've faced baddies too, big deal. Maybe I should just make a fresh alt and rape the meta to show having that thing unbanned is dumb

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
LOL

Why don't you think a little bit what you just posted. It was banned because it was too powerful for Ubers. A tier with Uber walls, get it? How is it OK on a sorta dual mono OU meta? Explain please.

Saying things like "I've beaten MRay teams" is a moot point, I've faced baddies too, big deal. Maybe I should just make a fresh alt and rape the meta to show having that thing unbanned is dumb
It is mediocre because literally mixed Choice Scarf Kyurem-B's Ice Beam OHKOes it (which, mind you, is weakened under the effects of Delta Stream), and Kyurem-B is common on every team with a Dragon (or Ice, which is uncommon)-type god. And no, saying that you've beaten Mega Rayquaza is not moot at all, it just shows that you can beat the Pokemon.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Its not broken as M ray doesnt get "team support" which it got in ubers and made it op but its fine in G&F because it is restricted to use dragon or flyimg in is team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)