Pokémon Gogoat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I've been trying to do a good gogoat set. I've found with its respectable bulk and good attack you could do a all out physical attacker. I present to you Suicide Goat

Suicide Goat
Life Orb, 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
- jolly nature

-Double Edge
-Horn leech
-Earthqauke
-Bulk up

Earthqauke provides type coverage and a great move while Horn leech can keep gogoat alive as long as possible. Double edge is good for suicide runs on tough enemy's while bulk up could be used for setting up but I havnt seen a decent move to replace it besides milk drink. But gogoat isn't fast enough to pull off a milk drink. Maybe with a scarf set. I appreciate you reading this tell me what you think

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
As a mountain fellow myself I immediately fell in love with this 'mon but can't help but feel he's spited by his lack of Megahorn. Good bulk and Sap Sipper make him a great switch in to a whole host of Grass-types but then what? Horn Leech? Earthquake? Rock Slide? Hopefully he can pick it up from Bouffalant or something. I'm banking on some niche egg moves because I'm struggling to make an effective set with what he has available to him.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
As a mountain fellow myself I immediately fell in love with this 'mon but can't help but feel he's spited by his lack of Megahorn. Good bulk and Sap Sipper make him a great switch in to a whole host of Grass-types but then what? Horn Leech? Earthquake? Rock Slide? Hopefully he can pick it up from Bouffalant or something. I'm banking on some niche egg moves because I'm struggling to make an effective set with what he has available to him.
Sadly, it's already been tested in the research thread and Gogoat does not learn Megahorn via Egg moves either. I don't really get that, but Gamefreak knows all... anyway, Gogoat can still start Bulk Up boosting on a free switch-in, it's even better if you grabbed a Sap Sipper boost too.

I was very skeptical of Gogoat, but after using it I'm really liking its potential as a physically bulky pivot. The ability to suck up grass type moves means that even with a mono attacking sub seed set you can still muscle past Grasses as few can hit you.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ok so I decided that I wanted a good specs Grass-Type Pokemon to complete my FWG core to see how it turns out and actually specs Gogoat has really surprised me:

Gogoat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball (It doesn't learn Giga Drain unfortunately, or at least not yet)
- Nature Power
- Toxic

So unfortunately Gogoat doesn't actually have the greatest special movepool leaving me running Toxic in the final slot, but in all honesty with its huge HP stat and Nature Power now turning into Tri Attack for a reliable secondary STAB (I know, so great) Gogoat has all the makings to be a powerful special attacker. The best thing about it is... well Gogoat has 97 Special Attack compared to 100 Attack meaning that everyone assumes a physical set and BOOM you've smashed their physical wall with a special attack and taking it down. Obviously this only works once so next time they'll send their special wall in, if you predict this correctly you can even Toxic it! Yeah this set has worked so well so I'd like you all to try it out since Gogoat has such fantastic potential specially.

Shroomisaur

Ok so I decided that I wanted a good specs Grass-Type Pokemon to complete my FWG core to see how it turns out and actually specs Gogoat has really surprised me:

Gogoat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball (It doesn't learn Giga Drain unfortunately, or at least not yet)
- Nature Power
- Toxic

So unfortunately Gogoat doesn't actually have the greatest special movepool leaving me running Toxic in the final slot, but in all honesty with its huge HP stat and Nature Power now turning into Tri Attack for a reliable secondary STAB (I know, so great) Gogoat has all the makings to be a powerful special attacker. The best thing about it is... well Gogoat has 97 Special Attack compared to 100 Attack meaning that everyone assumes a physical set and BOOM you've smashed their physical wall with a special attack and taking it down. Obviously this only works once so next time they'll send their special wall in, if you predict this correctly you can even Toxic it! Yeah this set has worked so well so I'd like you all to try it out since Gogoat has such fantastic potential specially.
I'm glad someone else out there is experimenting with special Gogoat! Even I haven't been crazy enough to try Specs yet, but a special Gogoat with no Hidden Power!? You're missing out on the best part! Slap HP Fire over Nature Power and you'll never worry about Ferrothorn again.

I am *extremely* interested to try this out for myself now, though... I still like my mixed LO set but I've got to test this.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
He's potentially a good user of Assault Vest - that massive HP stat makes good use of the +1 and Horn Leech mitigates the loss of Milk Drink somewhat while Gogoat has enough offensive options to get away with a tank set. Something like Horn Leech/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Hidden Power Fire - Max Attack and SpD. Choice Specs Latios deals about 50% with Draco Meteor and Greninja's Protean Ice Beam is a 3HKO.

Grass/Ground/Rock gives good coverage and 300~ Atk is okay for something with this level of bulk.
Not sure about HP Fire but it 2HKO's Scizor and Forry which is arguably more useful than what any other HP brings to the table.

C'mon egg moves, give us something to work with.

With that bulk and 3 wonderful recovery options I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Assault Vest.

Making him so much tankier you can run bulk up set with horn leech or milk drink for recovery, or both honestly.

A sub seed set with those boosted defenses? This is one sturdy goat, especially with an Assault Vest.
Assault Vest is still an option, but you must run Horn Leech for recovery. Actually it still sounds totally fine. With 123/81 special bulk you are slightly bulkier than Full HP/Full SpD Positive Celebi without Vest, which is something great to see. With Assault Vest your special defense reaches 430, while base HP 450. If we look for something with similar special bulk, we need to look for Max HP/Max SpD Ho-Oh, which reaches 417 HP and 447 SpD when fully invested. So yep, your special bulk is even slightly... higher thanks to higher base HP. While Grass typing is far worse then Fire/Flying when it goes to resistances, with that special bulk you should be able to tank some SE hits as well easily. While Assault Vest TTar gives you heavy competition here, you have different type of resistances so you have easier time handling for example water types and you actually can handle those Focus blasts more then once, so it's cool. Also Leaf Storms are not a problem for you. And 100 base attack is good enough to hurt stuff back. So in other words I would go with...

Gogoat @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def (EVs are possible to change)
~ Horn Leech
~ Earthquake
~ Payback
~ Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice

Technically this looks like a special tank. Tank hit and hit one back. Horn Leech is your recovery move, which should allow you to stay in longer. Although I would still recommend Wish Support for this guy, it should be fine as defensive pivot for bulky offense or some other things. Some random calcs (I included nerf/buffs to moves). I count Assault Vest like +1 Boost (similar to Light Screen).

Max SpA Modest Nature Specs Heatran Fire Blast vs Max HP/Max SpD Positive Nature Assault Vest Gogoat
72.00%-85.33%

With Timid:
65.78%-77.78%

Offensive Max SpA Fire Blast Timid Heatran
44.44%-52.44%

Max SpA Mild Nature Life Orb Draco Meteor Hydreigon
36.00%-42.67%

This time Fire Blast
40.89%-48.44%

Modest Choice Specs Draco Meteor
41.33%-48.89%

Choice Specs Modest HP Fire Magnezone
26.67%-31.56%

Choice Specs Modest Thunderbolt
14.67%-17.33%

Choice Specs Modest Water Spout Jellicent
18.44%-21.78%

Choice Specs Modest Ice Beam Jellicent
29.78%-35.11%

Choice Specs Timid Draco Meteor Latios
38.89%-46.00%

Choice Specs Timid Hidden Power Fire Latios
24.44%-28.89%

+1 Life Orb Timid Dragon Pulse Latios
33.33%-39.33%

Modest Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor
46.67%-55.11% (Unfortunately the same problem as with Fairies - You don't like Poison Adaptability STAB)

Modest Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Sludge Wave
68.44%-80.89%

Why not some Uber calcs for fun.

Choice Specs Modest Full HP Water Spout Kyogre Under Rain
40.89%-48.22%
(As Long SR is not on field, you avoid 2HKO)

Choice Specs Modest Ice Beam Kyogre
44.00%-52.00% (Risky, but without SR 2% chance to 2HKO back)

Choice Specs Modest Surf Under Rain Kyogre
24.44%-28.89%

Choice Specs Modest Thunder Kyogre
20.00%-23.56%

Max SpA Lustrous Orb Hasty Surf Palkia Under Rain
18.00%-21.33%

Max SpA Lustrous Orb Hasty Spacial Rend Palkia
33.33%-39.33%

Choice Specs Timid Palkia Draco Meteor
43.33%-50.89%

Choice Specs Timid Palkia Spacial Rend
33.33%-39.33%

Modest Choice Specs Kyurem-W Draco Meteor
47.56%-56.22%

Well, I checked each calc two times just to be sure, as they look impressive. Just in case - someone check those out if I didn't made any mistakes. I don't think I did though, but please, as in some cases I still can't believe and in some of them my jaw dropped down... 123/81 bulk with assault vest is just good. As I said - even without Assault Vest special bulk is comparable to SpD Jirachi or Celebi. With it... well, yeah.

Last edited:
Bulk Up Gogoat seems pretty good with that fantastic special bulk, decent offenses, and Milk Drink, but there is one huge issue with it: its 4 moveslot syndrome.

Lets break it down: you need Bulk Up and a Grass-type STAB, which takes up 2 moveslots. Grass has pretty awful neutral coverage, so you will probably want another coverage move -- the problem is no coverage move synergizes perfectly with just the Grass-type STAB. Using Earthquake as coverage leaves you very open to Flying- and Bug-types, while Rock Slide is a pretty weak coverage move and fails to hit Steel-types. You could use 2 coverage moves, but then you are missing out on recovery (even though Horn Leech heals you, it's not enough at times), as well as the ability to block status. A bulky set-up sweeper vulnerable to status is a poor attribute to have.

With that said, I feel the first slashes in the Bulk Up sets in the OP are right on the money, but they still leave much to be desired. How much will this 4 moveslot syndrome affect Gogoat's viability? Also, will bulky Gogoat need to have cleric support if it does not use Substitute?

Shroomisaur

Bulk Up Gogoat seems pretty good with that fantastic special bulk, decent offenses, and Milk Drink, but there is one huge issue with it: its 4 moveslot syndrome.

Lets break it down: you need Bulk Up and a Grass-type STAB, which takes up 2 moveslots. Grass has pretty awful neutral coverage, so you will probably want another coverage move -- the problem is no coverage move synergizes perfectly with just the Grass-type STAB. Using Earthquake as coverage leaves you very open to Flying- and Bug-types, while Rock Slide is a pretty weak coverage move and fails to hit Steel-types. You could use 2 coverage moves, but then you are missing out on recovery (even though Horn Leech heals you, it's not enough at times), as well as the ability to block status. A bulky set-up sweeper vulnerable to status is a poor attribute to have.

With that said, I feel the first slashes in the Bulk Up sets in the OP are right on the money, but they still leave much to be desired. How much will this 4 moveslot syndrome affect Gogoat's viability? Also, will bulky Gogoat need to have cleric support if it does not use Substitute?
It sure seems like everything has 4MSS these days, but you're right. Actually Gogoat's 4MSS is what inspired the offensive Bulk Up set, which allows Gogoat to run both Rock Slide and Earthquake alongside his STAB for great coverage.

I'm glad you like the sets though! I think Gogoat is one of those overlooked Pokemon that can be very effective with the right support. Status is a big problem especially for the defensive BU set, which is why I made Substitute the first slash there. Relying on Cleric support with Milk Drink can work, but it causes Gogoat to be forced out and lose his boosts. I think the more offensive BU or LO sets might actually be more effective in OU. The power level is so high that Gogoat can't be guaranteed many boosts before something threatening switches in, and Gogoat can use the higher attack and coverage to hit back.

Last edited:
I'm relatively new to competitive battling (a few months now), but I use a mixed offensive stall set:

Gogoat
Item : Big Root / Leftovers

Earthquake
Leech seed
Horn leech
Protect / Milk Drink

It seems to work. If you can set up leech seed, you begin on a spiral of horn leech and protect until they have to switch to a counter. If you're still doubting this set,
I used it in a battle the other day and with the correct prediction and use, used it to take out a venasaur, a scolipede and a speed boosted mega blaziken (in a row). Even simple sets can work wonders when used well. Earthquake has good coverage (except flying and bug types) and hits fire types very hard. Horn leech is a go-to STAB move and fits into the stalling nature of the set. Leech seed is good for setting up on a switch (using leech seed onto an incoming pokemon, then switching into a counter next turn, or using protect to scout the counter's set) and works very well with protect for stalling. For an even more defensive version, Protect could be replaced with Milk Drink, but you run the risk of having to take an attack that milk drink can't heal up fast enough. Gogoat also makes a great switch in thanks to its mountainous bulk and Sap Sipper. The nature would depend on weather you want gogoat to take special or physical hits and I think EVs in HP, attack and speed would be essential.

Hey everyone. I've been LOVING Gogoat so far. Originally I just threw it on my team to cover the weakness I had to Grass types, but since I did that it's the only Pokemon on my team that I haven't replaced yet lol. It's been consistently good, but never exceptionally great (though never a handicap either).

I'm trying to alter it's set atm to try and increase it's usability. Here's what I have right now:

Great Scot! (Gogoat) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Earthquake/Rock Slide/???
- Horn Leech
- Protect
- Leech Seed

I used to be running Milk Drink, but I found that I never really needed it because Leech Seed + Horn Leech was providing enough recovery that it was very rarely used. I also found that I couldn't do anything to other Grass types, as well as Steel, Fire and Flying types. Because of this, I was forced to switch out whenever one of those showed up, usually giving them free turns to setup (especially in the case of Talonflame and Aegislash). To try and limit this, I'm debating between Rock Slide and Earthquake to be able to do SOMETHING to these huge threats. Which do you guys think I should go with? I'm leaning towards Rock Slide, but idk. Should I go with something completely different?

Hey everyone. I've been LOVING Gogoat so far. Originally I just threw it on my team to cover the weakness I had to Grass types, but since I did that it's the only Pokemon on my team that I haven't replaced yet lol. It's been consistently good, but never exceptionally great (though never a handicap either).

I'm trying to alter it's set atm to try and increase it's usability. Here's what I have right now:

Great Scot! (Gogoat) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Earthquake/Rock Slide/???
- Horn Leech
- Protect
- Leech Seed

I used to be running Milk Drink, but I found that I never really needed it because Leech Seed + Horn Leech was providing enough recovery that it was very rarely used. I also found that I couldn't do anything to other Grass types, as well as Steel, Fire and Flying types. Because of this, I was forced to switch out whenever one of those showed up, usually giving them free turns to setup (especially in the case of Talonflame and Aegislash). To try and limit this, I'm debating between Rock Slide and Earthquake to be able to do SOMETHING to these huge threats. Which do you guys think I should go with? I'm leaning towards Rock Slide, but idk. Should I go with something completely different?
I'd go with Earthquake since you're may be more willing to stay in on steel types than any flying/dragon type pokemon after a bulk up. Without attack investment, he doesn't really do enough damage with super-effective rock-slide, even against switch ins not named Talonflame and his physical defense is not very good despite his HP without having at least one bulk up.

I might have to give leech seed a try over milk drink, at the very least it doesn't make him completely useless if he ends up getting will-o-wisped, poisoned, or walled by dragons. The bulk up set in particular really needs to find an opportunity to set up in order to be doing any significant damage or be a threat (as well as having his counters be dealt with) and leech seed gives him some way to harass throughout the game if setting up is not very possible due to the fear of dealing with burn or toxic.

Last edited:
I use a similar set set and honestly earthquake seems to hamper me a lot and if may suggest an attack in place of that it would be payback since flyings wall you completely especially talonflame then you aren't completely walled by anything since the steel type doesnt resist dark i would also change the ev's and nature but i use the same attacks
I've been trying to get a Set-up of my own and i thought this would be good!

Gogoat @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap sipper
Careful nature
EV's: Sp.Def 254/HP 254/Speed 6/Defense 4

Moveset:
Horn Leech
Milk Drink
Bulk Up
Earthquake

I've been actually trying to get this Gogoat to be good, and i wanna know what to change and what not.

I like the offensive bulk up set in the op, but I feel like the speed investment is unnecessary because many Heatrans run ballon nowadays and if they don't, you can predict it to switch in and earthquake it on the switch. Switching into it isn't a very safe option either due to fire weakness. I think he would just be better off having a team mate to rely on to take care of Heatrans.

I like the moves you've chosen on it though as it gives him perfect coverage over the milk drink set. However, I feel like the EV spreads have been a little odd for the bulk up sets so far because why invest in HP when you can invest in its attack? Or maybe even defense? I made this point a while back in the Klefki thread, but not investing into HP means that it will recover more damage from horn leech because its hp is lower and it will become physically stronger from investment to attack. Investing into attack also means that Horn Leech will be stronger, and in turn, you will heal more from it.

Bulk Up Gogoat

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap-Sipper
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Bulk Up

Its basically the same set as in the OP, but slightly altered. I prefer Rock Slide over Milk Drink as you already heal from a bulk up boosted Horn Leech and leftovers, and you would otherwise struggle to hit flying types (Especially the now very common Talonflames) and would be forced to switch.

I've been running the Fortified Milk set using as teammate a cleric Vaporeon with Rocky Helmet (don't judge me, it works to rack residual damage) and boy, does is work. Their weakness complement each others' strength and they're both so damn bulky. Bulky water types are Gogoat's best friends when it comes to team building. If Gogoat is stuck against a strong special revenge killer (who can easily pick off a weakened Goat), just switch to Vaporeon and WishScald the hell out of him.

I'm just wondering who else would benefit from this duo. Any suggestions or viable teammates for this badass goat?

Where do you think Gogoat will be placed, tiers wise? My bet's not quite in overused as there are many good grasses there already to take all the possible positons, but he could possibly land himself in UU or RU, Especially with his diverse movepool.
Probably UU or RU like you said; realistically, RU. I think he'd be a little much for NU. He's not as speedy as Sawsbuck, a premier low-tier physical grass type, but Gogoat is far more versatile, durable, and has a lot of other advantages (reliable recovery, arguably wider movepool, possibility to go mixed, no Fighting weakness in a tier where Fighting types dominate, etc.) over the deer.

Either way, I'm a low-tier player so I can't wait to use badass goat in a metagame he'll thrive in.

Bad stats, no great moves, bad typing. Tbh this thing is like on par with swalot.
Solid defenses, access to Milk Drink and Horn Leech, huge HP, definitely not a shitmon. Statwise it's not uber material but as a pure Grass-type it's much different your standard pure-Grass peers. The mere fact that Spore and Leech Seed activate Sap Sipper, allied to a HUGE movepool should not be overlooked. The logic that Grass in itself isn't a good defensive type doesn't even apply to Gogoat.

I doubt it'll be OU material due to his subpar speed, but I can picture some niche uses as teammate to Pokémon with 4x weakness to Grass, countering other Grass types with Aerial Ace, stalling the hell out of other Pokes with Leech Seed/Leftovers/Milk Drink... If it had access to Heal Bell, it would be a beast.

WHAT is this huge movepool you keep talking about also. It gets milk drink, horn leech, rock slide, earthquake, and bulk up.
And Wild Charge. And Aerial Ace. And Payback. And Surf (!). And Return. And Brick Break. And Roar. Seriously what can't it hit? After only two Bulk Ups he's sturdy enough not to be OHKOed by anything that's not Uber or top OU. After a third Bulk Up, it's ready to OHKO or dent pretty much anything alive.

The only issue is the reliance of BUing in order to win. Hazing, phazing, Psych Up, burn, paralysis, taunt - all can stop Gogoat's rampage. But predicting correctly and timing your BUs and MDs is of essence and will keep Gogoat going.

And Wild Charge. And Aerial Ace. And Payback. And Surf (!). And Return. And Brick Break. And Roar. Seriously what can't it hit? After only two Bulk Ups he's sturdy enough not to be OHKOed by anything that's not Uber or top OU. After a third Bulk Up, it's ready to OHKO or dent pretty much anything alive.

The only issue is the reliance of BUing in order to win. Hazing, phazing, Psych Up, burn, paralysis, taunt - all can stop Gogoat's rampage. But predicting correctly and timing your BUs and MDs is of essence and will keep Gogoat going.
I don't see the need to sweep with Gogoat. It's going to be one of the best defensive Grass-types in lower tiers. Why waste all that potential and bulk trying to create a sweeper of Gogoat? Lilligant and Sawsbuck are already pretty good in RU as their respective sweeping types, why not just let Gogoat go where it will go?

Sure it's physical bulk is meh but it's special bulk is almost on the level of Sylveon/Florges if invested (Sylveon and Florges usually don't invest Special Defense). And Bulk Up helps with the physical defense.

Well it can only really run two attacking moves and be remotely threatening, so grass types and steel types and dragons. You have no idea what you're talking about I'm going to stop wasting my time here ok.
You're kind of a dick. Unfortunately, you're right.

Gogoat looks good on paper, it can boost reliably and it has an excellent recovery move, but it's not built to wall or sweep or anything, and its got a merely adequate movepool that gets shit on by 4MSS. And Grass is a terrible offensive/defensive typing alone. He'll probably do alright in UU, though, you've got to give him a little credit.

Gogoat looks good on paper, it can boost reliably and it has an excellent recovery move, but it's not built to wall or sweep or anything, and its got a merely adequate movepool that gets shit on by 4MSS. And Grass is a terrible offensive/defensive typing alone. He'll probably do alright in UU, though, you've got to give him a little credit.
I was thinking about this the other day, too. Gogoat is (not really the term I'm looking for but it'll have to do for now) a jack-of-all trades, master of none, in that he can run relatively effective offensive, defensive, and support sets. However, he seems to be outclassed by other Pokemon if he tries to specialize in any one of these three areas. Sawsbuck outclasses him as a sweeper (that low speed really kills Gogoat more than his Grass monotyping, IMO), and the bevy of Grass/Poison clerics outclass him as a supporter.

Still, I love his versatility and I'm going to put him on my first NU/RU team as a mixed attacker once the tiers are finalized. Going mixed - either mixed special/physical or mixed physical/support - is Gogoat's best chance at distinguishing himself from other Pokemon in the lower tiers.

Not sure why, but this guy reminds me a lot of Miltank despite having a few (albeit important) differences.

182 HP EVs results in 432 HP which is a leftovers number and allows you to dump a few EVs to boost Defense a bit. Not sure if it'll matter or make it worse in the long, so any math techies might wanna confirm or disprove?

Shroomisaur

It's defenses are not "solid" they are on par with gengar's.
Just to respond to this:

Gengar: 60/60/75
Gogoat: 123/62/81
Vaporeon: 130/60/95

It's one thing to say Gogoat isn't going to be appearing in OU, but it's another to make such a absurdly incorrect statement. Gogoat has very solid bulk, and is much more similar to Vaporeon.

At any rate, the rest of your post is right. Gogoat actually has solid base stats overall, but they are poorly distributed. It has points tied up in mixed offenses instead of speed, which greatly holds it back... it's pretty much the Luxray of XY. I still can't wait for the lower tiers to be set up, where Gogoat will be a solid choice in RU/NU.

Not sure why, but this guy reminds me a lot of Miltank despite having a few (albeit important) differences.

182 HP EVs results in 432 HP which is a leftovers number and allows you to dump a few EVs to boost Defense a bit. Not sure if it'll matter or make it worse in the long, so any math techies might wanna confirm or disprove?
You're right, Gogoat is one of those Pokemon with a much higher HP stat than defenses. Investing some HP EVs into Defense will give a much more noticable boost. However on a defensive Bulk Up set, it will be boosting Defense anyway so it's best to maximize Gogoat's Special Defense. If you want better Defense immediately though, your spread is much better.

No Speed Goat yet?
Motorbike (Gogoat) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 40 Atk / 216 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Energy Ball
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Nature Power
This set is pretty odd, but it hits pretty hard. With maximum investment backed by a Choice Scarf, Gogoat hits 387 Speed, outspeeding Talonflame and below. Energy Ball hits really hard and gets pretty good coverage with Surf as well. Earthquake is to muscle through Steel-Types, as well as hitting Electric-Type Pokemon pretty hard. Nature Power rounds off coverage and hits hard, while also having those decent chances of an effect happening. This set is a great revenge killer in its own right and patches up Gogoat's Speed issue. This set does have issues, as its only redeeming quality in the bulk department is the HP. However, it does provide a solid option against Smeargle and completely counters it without the unattainable Dark Void, but Smeargle is just so easy to counter nowadays. Feel free to tweak this set, this is just what I've been using to a good success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)