Gravity Monkey's greek pasta restaurant but instead of food or a building its just art on a smogon thread

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
here's the Fire-type Glameow I made for the Your Not My Type thread. I decided to make it's tail a fuse and to create the rest of the design from there.

A banner I made for RottenInfernape's RMT

Quick drawing I made of Izaya Orihara, the antagonist of my favorite anime serie (Durarara).

Suichi Saihara from Danganronpa V3. This drawing took a lot of time to make, but I'm really proud of the final product.

Since the compression didn't make those two artworks justice, here are links to the full images:
https://www.pixenli.com/image/j-Ouoyve
https://www.pixenli.com/image/Yk0EPvQp

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist

technically they're not supposed to have static but shhhh

Pip made this contest where you had to draw a fakemon according to a random typing, random stats and random abilities. We got Electric/Psychic, 78/129/70/71/108/107 and Tangled Feet, Simple and Power of Alchemy (we could chose to not use all 3 abilities.)

That's what I came up with! I wanted to draw everything with my usual cell-shading, but because of how these pokemons are made with really basic shapes, this sort of shading really didn't work. So, I tried rendering it differently, and I'm really proud of this result! They have a lot more texture than in my usual drawings, which is something that I really like.

Anyway, here's a little more stuff:

Kanna from Your Turn To Die, a visual novel. If you like stuff like Zero Escape or Danganronpa, I really encourage you to go play the fan translation, especially since it's free and in-browser!

Some character I made for an eventual card game

I lied, there's pokemon stuff >:)
Here's my WIP sub for CAP27's art.

I've decided to redraw a Maka drawing I did a while ago. Here's where I am rn!

WIP of best girl Chiaki Nanami from danganronpa 2

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
18EC1412-1CD0-44E9-8A25-D1754359C001.png

Finished at least one WIP lol

8EF720ED-F074-42E5-BD8E-FD3B8C34CDBF.jpeg

Attempt at digital painting (cropped down so i can upload it)

C8BC77DB-4997-4DE4-B803-3D6C633A9449.png

Commission (well not really cuz im not paid bu whatevs) for the youtube channel BrawlBarian, check them out if you like Brawl Stars ig

A186CEC0-4CBB-46A7-A3E0-6874E4461B02.png

Ugly drawing of Crona ugh why am I even posting this

890303EE-2175-4D59-AF62-B35E052F6D06.jpeg

April 16th was apparently the national horny day so I drew the most horny character in all of fiction, Miu Iruma from Danganronpa V3. Yes I had to crop this one as well.

That's it for now, and to whoever is reading this, have a nice day and lots of stock exchange money

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Update!!

Workshop banner request! I had a great time making it and I really like the result.

My submission for CAP 27. I honestly did not expect to make it literally to finals, that blew my mind a bit haha. Huge accomplishment, I'm really happy about the progress that I've made since my last subs.

A sub I've made for another contest in a french community. Tbh I did plagiarize my own plasma ball designs lol.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist

Gigantamax Voodoom (for a contest on the cap discord, in the end didnt have time to sub a final version f)

Astrolitl (not the actual name)! Won the pre-evo art poll for cap27. Looking back, there's a bunch of stuff I'd like to adjust on it, but I still think it came out really well. I'm especially proud of how i did the shading on the body/tail.

My winning design for the first flashcap of gen8! (yeah i know i made a lot of cap stuff lol). Still sad it didn't get the name Hootankhamun. Oh well.

Montage pick of the beginning of my hourly dex! Basically, on a discord, we challenged ourselves to come up with the most mon designs in a small time, which was in that case 3 hours (separated in two sessions). Was a pretty fun experience. It's starting again this sunday on the cap discord, so be sure to join if you're interested!

Water/Fairy Dewgong for the you're not my type thread. Was a fun time!

Hey! You've been helping out with workshop requests for a while and your banners are great, so I'm just stopping by to let you know that you're an approved artist now. All this really changes is that you'll be able to contribute to places like articles and social media art regularly, you can find some info on it here.

If you're unsure about anything or have some questions, feel free to throw me a PM on the forums or over at discord. Welcome to the team!

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
first update as an approved artist time to legally flex >:D

Here's the grass starter line for my fakedex! Say hello to Maskoth, Warloth and Hoogloom! Maskoth starts as a pure grass type and becomes part-dark type as he evolves. Im eager to draw the rest of the starters, but honestly i dont really have ideas right now.

Not my own fakemon there, but the pre-evo to the cap mon Kitsunoh! The original sprite was made by Wyverii, and this piece was made for the art update poll.

Part two of the speed dex thing! A shame we didnt continue :(

Both those characters were made for a rp server. Also the first one is the only char ive posted on artfight lol

My masterpiece ;; This took me basically two days straight with practically no breaks lol. Infinitely proud of how this turned out. She's a character from a tabletop game im planning out, I hope to post more stuff about it in this thread in the future!

The cap discord organized another art comp, where we had to make gijinkas based on cap mons! Here are my takes on (in order) Mollux, Krilowatt, Jumbao and Revenankh. Were a ton of fun to make!
I only have one thing in here, but hey its still important! It's a banner for the inverse thread i made in the workshop.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Update---

My sub for CAP 28! I ended up like 6th or something.
Not gonna be posting all 31 design, mostly because some of them sucks lol, but here are some highlights!
Only made one this time around, but here it is!
Some Ultra-Beasts

A fake pokémon card!! Proud of this

Here's some art I made for Sunfished's game Love Tic for a game jam! Was a ton of fun to work on this and the game, and will continue to be. Cause yeah, since we finished tied for first place, we got the prize which is a full release published by Medibang in one year!!!

If you want to play the current version, you can download it here! https://sunfished.itch.io/love-tic

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
This year has been pretty productive for my art and I like how much I've improved. I've discovered many things I can do with procreate, I've worked a ton on different render styles and I've even became and approved artist :D. I hope that I can do even more in 2021!

Nat Dex VR's banner! Took me a hell of a long time to get done, but it finally is.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
February update! I haven't done that much pokemon stuff recently, but I still wanted to show a bit what Ive been working on.

lilie.PNG
qino.png
kio.png

some characters for a board game im working on! I've found a way to draw them fairly quickly without too much effort and so i hope to continue this series a bit.

sunny.png

Sunny from the game Omori, my latest obsession. This drawing depicts him moving out which can happen in some of the endings.

The one exception hehe. Ghost/Normal Audino for the you're not my type thread, based on the phantom of the opera

I did this under an hour :sunglasses:.

...Ok yh i think it shows looking at how messy this art is lool. But i like it! Its Rio Ranger, one of my fav chars from your turn to die (i swear im not an edgelord sob).

Self portrait!!! Basically copied everything from the art for "Goodbye declaration" from Chinozo lool. Using it as my pfp for rn since i felt like the raboot was starting to get old. Not sure how long im going to keep it up, eh ill see later.

Also, looked at the smog nominations for this year and I'm there? In like, 4 categories???? Huge thank you for everyone who has nomed me oml, it means so much! I dont think Im gonna win any categories against like ausma, brumi or any of the smeargle studio mods who all are so much better lolol, but still I'm really grateful that my work is getting a bit of recognition :)

Last edited:
Also, looked at the smog nominations for this year and I'm there? In like, 4 categories???? Huge thank you for everyone who has nomed me oml, it means so much! I dont think Im gonna win any categories against like ausma, brumi or any of the smeargle studio mods who all are so much better lolol, but still I'm really grateful that my work is getting a bit of recognition :)
congrats on getting four categories!! it was very well earned, i already loved your art before, but you improved even more this year! and you've made some lowkey amazing pieces, like the nat dex one and the inverse one, major kudos to you, thanks for bringing such awesome art to our community :D

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
update weee
im really tired so enjoy braindead descriptions

You're not my type part 2! Tbh im exponentially more proud of this design/render, was super fun to work on

Icon I made for the french CAP discord server (btw if u speak french and are interested dm me :) )

Icon I made for the server/team of a friend

Maka Albarn!! Again!!!!! I really like her. I almost did not complete this drawing but i decided to come back and shade it in two hours on a whim and iss cool i did

Toilet-bound Hanako-kun ft tryhard shading. Did this piece while not listening to physics class which is not cool but whatev

Banner I made for the NU circuit! Based on that one Fight Club poster with Brad Pitt holding the soap. Also is now my pfp B]. Be sure to check out the thread here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/2021-neverused-tournament-circuit.3675686/

doodle i made on my notes application but i rly like it and i think its gonna become my twitter profile picture so why not post here you know

Banner I made for a friend's RMT, go check it out here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/riders-on-the-storm-rain-hyper-offense-h-o.3679322/

...It's the winning sub for CAP29!!!!! Made by yours truly :DDD
Kind of a dream of mine come true, im so happy that my design was chosen by the community this time (if a little surprising considering the pretty strong competition). This doesnt mean i'm retiring tho >:) (yes im looking at u pip)

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
good morning usa i got the feeling that this is gonna be a wonderful day

6D097FCE-745D-475C-9AF1-CB58F54F66AB.png

Zephyri's Kite!

2FE7F501-D043-4521-A5BE-F9297DE0A54C.jpeg

Magmajudis' Apomage!

17869C10-6CEB-41E1-BA33-A9BDEF4F2B69.png

Reiga's Mochi!

A3D8CA61-2420-447E-837E-7ECF46982377.png

Sunfished's Mai Waifoo (ft Phosphophyllite from Houseki no Kuni)

32D8C10E-624F-461B-AE1A-E77AAA845D60.png

Orbelune's Byron and his hat Darwin (@orbechan on instagram)

EE7E19CD-BDFE-47CC-AB5A-3C04D2238D17.png

Xotovski's Hana! (@Xotovski on twitter)

This edition was a ton of fun! Looking forward to the next!
370C3B24-2384-497B-BCEE-B9D4A6175636.jpeg
made this art for an article about hackmons

FDEF781E-DED1-43B0-BF7C-FBC50D97BBEF.png

this was for you're not my type! Ground/Rock Slurpuff!

7E121D37-5002-4C51-B811-E7A1783A67DD.png

Cool OC

EFB3EA34-366D-4B35-98F3-40C9BBD7DEE0.png

Senjougahara from Monogatari

oh boy its swell to say good morning usa

comedy

see you all for the next update!! might be in a while since school is starting kinda soon haha sob

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
hoiiiiiiî

haven't drawn much since college started but i still got a few things to show! check it out!!

763465F4-60AA-4222-AC6B-531E913EF9AB.jpeg

cronaaaa

C31B40BA-877A-4D43-B79F-9A0F477B772B.jpeg

undertaker lucha for ynmt

87E01290-6197-4C6E-9F4D-6BD3D7D0CF16.jpeg

for the draw this in your style thread. this rendition was based on a fusion flare drawing!

083B3581-490A-4AFB-8D14-CEB81D8991DF.jpeg

a sona pfp

11ED6708-2272-4D09-868F-52D4D605F6AF.jpeg

808218DE-25FA-4EAD-B5EC-F797D5E5F740.jpeg

my life is making like 10 pokemon designs and redrawing them over and over and over again

….i think thats it….

see you in half a year lol!

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
Gravitational Monkey, I came here expecting Greek Pasta and a Greek Pasta restaurant Building but instead of these things I'm only seeing some incredibly swag art. Care to explain yourself?

Also nice drawings nerd, you're an excellent artist and I think your fakemon designs are amazing. Looking forward to the next update on precisely the 17th of March, 2022, and not a day sooner

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
yohoho hum yeah remember this lol anyway check out my new stuff

For the art fight thing last year. This drawing was an attack vs meanie cityscapes!! I really wouldve wanted to make more attacks but i had legit 0 time it was so sad

a banner ft libra

ocs for my eventual card game

santa claus from chainsaw man (merry christmas)

yotsugi ononononononononononononononononoki

tooth fairy

he mightve slept with ur mom last night

illustration for my school journal :)

Aw shit its cap again

Aw shit its... uh... reverse cap again? fakemon project meta? pip whats the name of the thingy again i forgot

Also talking about fakemons go check https://www.instagram.com/belzet_region_fakedex/ its my fakemon's region instagram :))) you should totally sub n like all the posts

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
sup

redraw. og design by samtendo

redraw. og design by bloopy ghost

for orbelune

for magmajudis

for umbra

for sunfished

for ausma

for pupugugu

for noah iotj

for sun dew

og design from some random guy on insta, me n friends all took a shot at redesigning him

Caspture.PNG

Capturee.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)