GSC In-Game Tier List Mark V

Teaching Butterfree Flash...idk about that. It's a trash move that needs to be spammed for it to take full effect, generally, and is too risky against the likes of Whitney. Better to just try and put them to sleep honestly. The Harden strats on the other hand are good enough for the job.

Teaching Butterfree Flash...idk about that. It's a trash move that needs to be spammed for it to take full effect, generally, and is too risky against the likes of Whitney. Better to just try and put them to sleep honestly. The Harden strats on the other hand are good enough for the job.
The idea is to use sleep though, just if you don't want to try to win with Butterfree you could instead spam Flash while Miltank is asleep so it struggles to build up Rollout's power due to misses.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
so decided to do a new run now that it looks a bit more lively. Team originally was Kadabra / Flareon / Jolteon / Slowbro, but also added Seaking to control my exp. Seaking was caught directly and with Surf, meaning it was obtained after Morty. Do note that Goldeen wouldn't be better, because it evolves later. Slowbro, likewise, was caught directly as a Slowbro, as early Slowpoke is terrible and doesn't evolve until Clair.

Had to grind before Clair and used some candies on Slowbro to not grind it against VR trainers.

Whitney(21): Psybeam 2HKOes Clefairy and 3HKOes Miltank. Mltank goes for Rollout, which also 3HKOes, but you are faster. Great matchup

Silver(22): smashes everything with appropriate elemental punch and Psybeam

Morty(25): outspeeds and OHKOes everything with Psybeam. Gengar has a chance of living it, but it seems to be small, not to mention that a level above can probably secure the KO, if you are desperate enough. Great matchup regardless

Chuck(30): Psybeam OHKOes Primeape and 2HKOes Poliwrath. Avoid a Dynamic Punch and you have a flawless sweep.

Jasmine(30): Charcoal Fire Punch OHKOes Magnemite and 2HKOes Steelix. Steelix OHKOes with Iron Tail if it hits.

Pryce(30): Magnet Thunder Punch OHKOes Seel and 2HKOes Dewgong. Fire Punch 2HKOes Piloswine. Great matchup

Silver(33): smashes everything with appropriate elemental punch and Psybeam

Clair(38): outspeeds and OHKOes Dragonair with NMI Ice Punch. Kingdra OHKOes with Hyper Beam while being 3HKOed by Psychic, unfortunately. Great matchup, nevertheless

Silver(40): same as always, hit with strongest move and watch everything die

Will(41): NMI Ice Punch OHKOes Xatu and puts Exeggutor in red. Thunder Punch 2HKOes Slowbro and Fire Punch 2HKOes Jynx. You can take out three of his Pokemon for sure, the rest depends a bit on rolls / AI behavior / etc.

Koga(41): Fire Punch OHKOes Forry and Psychic OHKOes the rest but Muk, which is 2HKOed. Avoid Muk and you beat 4/5 of his team with little hassle.

Bruno(41): outspeeds everything and OHKOes all but Machamp with Psychic. Machamp lives one and OHKOes with Rock Slide after Kadabra has taken a Mach Punch from Hitmonchan.

Karen(42): beats Murkrow, Gengar, and Vileplume

Lance(42): at level 42, Thunder Punch doesn't OHKO Gyarados and NMI Ice Punch is a roll on Lv. 47 DNite alone. However, at level 43, Gyarados becomes a roll for an OHKO, lv. 47 DNites are OHKOed for sure, and lv. 50 Dragonite is OHKOed on rolls. Kind of worse than I expected, but if you are desperate, this can work, ig

Silver(22/23): Headbutt spam beats Zubat and Bayleef

Morty(25): Mud-slap can let it claim a KO or two, but don't expect more than that

Chuck(30): Charcoal Fire Blast into QA KO Primeape. Poliwrath is 4HKOed by Headbutt and can be beaten if you get lucky with flinches / misses

Jasmine(30): Charcoal Fire Blast OHKOes everything

Pryce(31): Headbutt 2HKOes Seel and 3HKOes Dewgong while outspeed even at -1. Charcoal Fire Blast outspeeds and OHKOes Piloswine

Silver(32): Charcoal Fire Blast OHKOes everything but Golbat, which is put in range for QA.

Clair(38): outspeeds and 2HKOes Dragonair with Headbutt. Surf 3HKOes you. You can take out two at best before needing to heal.

Silver(40): Charcoal Fire Blast OHKOes everything, with Headbutt also OHKOing Kadabra. If you want a sweep, you pretty much can't afford to miss.

Will(41): Fire Blast OHKOes Exeggutor. Spell Tag Shadow Ball 2HKOes Slowbro and OHKOes the rest. You are slower than the main haxers (Xatu and Jynx) so watch out there.

Koga(41): Charcoal Fire Blast OHKOes the Bugs 2HKOes Crobat, and 3HKOes Muk.

Bruno(41): Charcoal Fire Blast 2HKOes Hitmons and Onix. Don't expect take out a lot of them, especially due to Fire Blast's faulty inaccuracy.

Karen(41): beats Vileplume and Murkrow, can probably take on Gengar too

Silver(22): beats only Zubat reliably. Bayleef takes a lot of time with Headbutt and the rest resist it / are immune to it.

Morty(25): Mud-slap can let it claim a KO or two, but don't expect more than that

Chuck(30): Magnet Thunder in rain OHKOes everything

Jasmine(30): DKick 2HKOes Magnemite. Steelix is a no.

Pryce(31): Magnet Thunder in rain OHKOes the Waters. Piloswine is 3HKOed by DKick. Whenever Blizzard hits can decide the outcome of a sweep

Silver(32): Magnet Thunderdance OHKOes everything but Meganium.

Clair(38): Magnet Thunderdance 2HKOes Kingdra, which is outsped, but 2HKOes with Surf, so you need it to Smokescreen turn one.

Silver(40): Magnet Thunderdance OHKOes Haunter, Golbat, and Kadabra, with DKick OHKOing Sneasel and 2HKOing Magneton

Will(41): Magnet Thunderdance 2HKOes Jynx and OHKOes Xatu/Slowbro.

Koga(41): Magnet ThunderDance OHKOes Ariados, Forry, and Crobat, and 2HKOes the rest.

Bruno(42): Magnet ThunderDance 2HKOes everything but Onix. You are unlikely to beat Machamp unless you are healthy and have two turns of rain prepared. You can probably take out two Hitmons before having to heal.

Karen(42): Magnet Thunderdance 3HKOes Umbreon, OHKOes Murkrow, and 2HKOes Gengar and Houndoom. You aren't going to take out a lot of things here

Lance(42): Magnet Thunderdance OHKOes all the non-Dragons. Gyarados wastes one turn setting up rain for you (if you miss, that is). You outspeed even Aerodactyl and can set up rain yourself. Lv. 47 is also a roll for a 2HKO and Jolteon can live one Hyper Beam.

Chuck(30): Confusion 2HKOes Primeape and 2HKOes Wrath on rolls. Poliwrath is faster and can hax you to death.

Jasmine(30): MW Surf OHKOes everything. However, Magnemite is faster and 2HKOes with Thunderbolt.

Pryce(31): MW Surf OHKOes Piloswine and Confusion 3HKOes Seel and 4HKOes Dewgong. Dewgong may take some time due to Rest and can Headbutt flinch you to death.

Silver(33): Confusion 2HKOes Golbat and OHKOes Haunter. MW Surf OHKOes Magnemite and 2HKOes Sneasel

Clair(38): Blizzard OHKOes Dragonair if it hits.

Silver(40): MW Surf OHKOes Haunter, Sneasel, Magneton, and Kadabra, and 2HKOes Golbat.

Will(40): MW Surf 2HKOes Xatu and Jynx. They can hax you, but they don't deal much damage. Xatu and Eggy are also OHKOed by Blizzard

Koga(41): Confusion 2HKOes Ariados and Venomoth and MW Surf 2HKOes Forry. The rest avoid a 2HKO. Okay matchup, I guess? I can't really call it great, especially since Forry tends to explode on you.

Bruno(41): Confusion 2HKOes the Hitmons (some of them might be rolls for a 3HKO, though) and 3HKOes Machamp. Onix is OHKOed by Surf. Machamp 5HKOes with Rock Slide, but has a Max Option, so even if you heal, you are most likely losing due to Rock Slide flinches.

Karen(41): cannot beat Houndoom, unfortunately, I guess you can try it on Murkrow and Gengar, but ehhh

Lance(41): Blizzard OHKOes Dragonite. The Thunder one is the most dangerous. Outrage is a 3HKO on you and the other lv. 47 DNite doesn't seem like it can do much, given it spammed Blizzard and Twister on me.

Chuck(30): Surf 2HKOes Primeape. Poliwrath is likely to beat you

Jasmine(30): beats Steelix with little hassle. Magnemite is annoying, though.

Pryce(31): MW Surf 2HKOes Piloswine. Horn Attack 3HKOes Seel and 4HKOes Dewgong. Dewgong may take some time due to Rest spam

Silver(32): MW Surf in rain OHKOes Magnemite and 2HKOes Golbat and Sneasel. Haunter Curses on you and dies to Surf

Clair(38): not sure if there's anything to be done here, at most try to hit them with Blizzard if you are that desperate, though Blizzard on Seaking seems like a waste

Silver(40): MW Surf in rain OHKOes everything but Golbat (2HKO) and Meganium.

Will(40): MW Surf 2HKOes Xatu, but Seaking is outsped and 3HKOed at worst by most attacks. Don't expect to take out more than two Pokemon

Koga(40): MW Surf in rain 2HKOes the Bugs and 3HKOes the rest.

Bruno(40): MW Surf in rain 2HKOes Hitmons and OHKOes Onix. Like many other Pokemon, you will struggle taking out more than two of his stuff without healing.

Karen(40): welp, doesn't even beat Houndoom. I didn't bother trying it on the rest

thoughts:

Kadabra
Yeah, this is definitely S-tier. It's not as powerful as Alakazam, but it still overwhelms most of the game effortlessly and is easy to train as a whole. It may struggle a bit to beat some aces (loses to Steelix, relies on rolls on Gengar unless one level above it and Dragonite too) and won't sweep the entire E4, but it still performs there, for most parts. Zam is better for sure, since it can net some KOs that Kadabra can't, but honestly, Kadabra is still better than pretty much everything and there's no reason not to use it.

Flareon
Leaning towards D-tier, though I could see C-tier. Flareon is more usable than most Eeveelutions due to its good Attack, meaning it can at least use Headbutt to KO some opponents more easily. With that said, it requires a fairly annoying backtrack for the DST trick (though bicycle + repels kind of fix the issue? Still fairly annoying, though) and needs the Fire Blast TM relatively early on to perform better for Gyms 5-7. Its E4 performance wasn't outright bad, but it relied a lot on Fire Blast (bar Will, who was a pleasantly nice matchup) and its inaccuracy and low PP make Flareon somewhat inconsistent. So I think it should be D-tier for now, could maybe revisit it at a later point for C-tier once the list settles a bit more

Jolteon
This one, on the other hand, is an easy D-tier, just like Espeon. Not having Electric STAB that isn't Thunder sucks a lot. Other than the backtrack for DST trick, you also need to backtrack for Rain Dance and you need to buy the Thunder TM early on just so it can do anything in Gyms 5-7. Thunder is useful for Clair's Kingdra and the E4, but Jolteon certainly requires an enormous amount of investment to perform acceptably and even its E4 performance isn't flawless due to Bruno being a bad matchup for it. So yeah, this one is an easy D-tier, in my opinion.

Slowbro
Kind of leaning towards D-tier, but like Flareon, could maybe see C-tier. Backtrack for it is very annoying and Slowbro is incredibly slow, so it's very easy to hax and wear down. With that said, it wasn't exactly bad or anything, but it certainly wasn't a game destroyer and the hax thing above applies here as well. Going with D-tier for now, but could revisit for C-tier at later point once we establish the ranks a bit more. By the way, I think Slowking should just be automatically put in the same tier as Slowbro, as they basically have the same offenses and Speed and the bulk difference doesn't seem like it'd matter in the slightest.

Seaking
D-tier. Not per se outright bad, but I fail to recall any moment where it was notable or anything. It's not particularly great for Gyms 5-7 and its E4 performance wasn't commendable either. Logs pretty much speak for themselves, I don't think Seaking is worth using, not so much because it's bad, but because there's nothing about it that makes it good.

also, I want to revisit a few of my previous nominations:

Machamp -> B
Tentacruel -> C
Lapras -> B
Chinchou -> C

(those can always be revisited later once tiers are more established)

Basically, I feel more confident about those ranks now and I don't think they should be ranked higher.

Planning on using Psyduck / Nidoqueen / Girafarig / Starmie next run. After this, I may start running with less-than-stellar Pokemon (like Cubone and Dratini), then do some of the post-Gym 7 Pokemon. After this, I may draft a list of Pokemon that, based on theorymon, should just be put in E-tier without needing a test.

e: using Crystal Psyduck, for clarification, though I doubt I am gonna find anything different

Last edited:
I forgot to mention it in my post but I think if Exeggutor ends up in C-tier, it shouldbe split. You can't proceed to DST Trick to get Leaf Stone in GS and Exeggcute is obviously way less good than Exeggutor. While Chuck should still be a win, outstalling Jasmine's Steelix seems impossible. Koga, Bruno and Karen should probably be far worse too, just like Lance's Gyarados.

Now onto the run :

I used Rattata, Caterpie, Magmar and Jynx. But, I added Lapras. Between Rattata and Caterpie, leveling up was incredibly easy to the point I could add another team member. Retrospectively, I shouldn't have taken Lapras because it takes away lots of exp point. Still, it was really fun to use.

Falkner (11) : Set up 2 Harden on Pidgey, 2HKO it with Confusion. Pidgeotto is range for the 3HKO but it only 5HKOes so after 2 Harden, Butterfree wins even without a Berry. Pretty solid. 1 Harden can win but 2 guarantees the win.
Bugsy (17) : 2HKO Metapod and OHKO Kakuna with Confusion. Scyther is 6HKOed but you can put it asleep and it doesn't do much back (Fury Cutter only did 2 lol).
Silver 2 (18) : Gastly is OHKOed by Confusion and Zubat 2HKOed. Macronium can only poison which is annoying but Razor Leaf does nothing. Putting it to sleep is better due to Poison but still that's an easy win.
Whitney (21) : Clefairy is put to sleep and 4HKOed by Confusion and you can set up Harden on it. Then Miltank is 6HKOed by Confusion and you can take 2 Rollout. Really luck reliant because it depends of Sleep Powder hitting but that's winnable.
Silver 3 (22) : Haunter outspeeds and uses Curse and gets koed by Confusion. Avoid Magnemite. It's not hard to beat Macronium with Sleep + Nightmare especially as it does nothing and Zubat gets OHKOed by Confusion.
Morty (25) : Gastly is outsped and OHKOed by Confusion. Haunter is outsped and 2HKOed (it's better to put it asleep). Gengar outspeeds and is only 3HKoed but as long as you don't get hit by Hypnosis it should be a win and yoou can put it asleep. Haunter 2 is 2HKoed outsped and does nothing back. Not the most consistent strategy but Butterfree should win most of the time.
Chuck (31) : Primeape is outsped and 2HKoed by Confusion. Poliwrath is 4HKOed by Confusion and Surf is range for the 3HKO. But thanks to it atttacking randomly and Sleep Powder, it's pretty easy to win.
Jasmine (31) : Avoid Magnemite because they are going to para. Steelix is beatable with sleep luck as Iron Tail only 2HKOes. That's pretty unreliable tho.
Pryce (31) : getting past Seel is possible but Dewgong and Piloswine are way too much.
Silver 4 (32) : Golbat is 3HKOed by Confusion and Haunter is 2HKOed. Meganium takes too few damages and Body Slam does quite a lot. Sneasel is immune to Confusion and it will be hard to take down Magnemite.
Clair (38) : It can put to sleep Kingdra (it was a speed tie) and use Nightmare, seeing that Clair only used her Full Heal after 3 turns of sleep. Psybeam does paltry damages. Really luck reliant too take down the Kingdra.
Silver 5 (40) : Avoid Sneasel, Kadabra and Magneton. 2HKO Golbat, Haunter is a range. Meganium gets beaten by Nightmare+Psybeam.
Will (40) : Nop
Koga (40) : Psybeam 2HKOes Ariados and Venomoth. Crobat is 3HKOed and tricky between Double Team and Wing Attack 2HKOing. Muk is 4HKOed but mostly go for Acid Armor.
Bruno (40) : Psybeam 3HKOes everything but Machamp that gets 4HKOed. Hitmontop does few damages with Quick Attack. Onix OHKOes with Rock Slide. Hitmonlee really does nothing except for Swagger. Really luck reliant but easily takes down Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and possibly another mon.
Karen (40) : Beats Vileplume and Gengar. Can potentially beat Umbreon but it's hard to hit Sleep Powder assuming Sand Attack.
Lance (41) : Nop

Falkner (11) : 2HKO Pidgey and 4HKO Pidgeotto with Quick Attack, living at 2 HP. Short but clear win.
Bugsy (18) : Metapod is 2HKOed by Hyper Fang+ Quick Attack (even through Harden). Scyther is close to 3HKOing with Fury Cutter sadly and outspeeds. If you don't get it by the first 2 mons you win. But still beating Scyther 1v1 is great. I tried this at elvel 17 and it can't take 3 Fury Cutte so level 18 felt better.
Silver 2 (18) : Avoid Gastly, 3HKO Macronium with Hyper Fang while it can't 2HKO with Razor Leaf and beat Zubat that gets 2HKOed. Pretty good.
Whitney (21) : Clefairy is 2HKOed by Headbutt. Miltank is RNG reliant because if it uses Stomp too much that's a lose. Most of the time it won't tho so just use Headbutt and Dig when it uses Rollout and that should be good. Not 100% consistent but it wins most of the time.
Silver 3 (22) : Haunter is 2HKOed by Dig and uses Curse. Magnemite is OHKOed. Zubat is OHKOed by Headbutt. Macronium is 3HKOed by Headbutt, can get flinched and does nothing back anyway. Except for Curse, that's an amazing matchup.
Morty (25) : Outspeed and OHKO everything but Gengar (which gets 2HKOed) with Dig. Just equip a Berry to avoid sleep and that's a clean sweep.
Chuck (31) : Primeape is 2HKOed by Return and Poliwrath is barely 3HKOed (might be a range). Poliwrath OHKOes with Dynamic Punch, so sadly it's not as reliable as Tauros.
Jasmine (31) : Dig OHKOes both Magnemite.But Steelix just takes no damages and 2HKOes with Iron Tail.
Pryce (31) : Seel is OHKOed and Dewgong 2HKOed. The problem is that Raticate can't take Aurora Beam + 2 Blizzard. Because Piloswine is only 3HKOed by Return and Pryce has a Super Potion, the win isn't guaranteed.
Silver 4 (32) : Golbat is 2HKOed by Return, Magnemite is OHKOed by Dig, Haunter is 2HKOed by Dig, Meganium is only 3HKOed and ill do lot of damages and Sneasel outspeeds and can use Screech. Still, pretty good as it can take down either 4 mons or Meganium + Magnemite + Haunter.
Clair (38) : Beats the three Dragonair with Return + Quick Attack. Kingdra is 3HKOed and uses Smokescreen+ another move most of the time. That's not guaranteed but it's possible to win 1v1 against it.
Silver 5 (40) : outspeed and OHKO Sneasel. Golbat is 2HKOed by Return. Magneton is OHKOed by Dig.
Will (40) : 2HKO Xatu which can't OHKO, so it can take down either Exeggutor + Jynx or both Xatu + Jynx. Alright matchup
Koga (40) : Return 2HKOes Ariados and Venomoth. Avoid Foretress. Crobat gets 2HKOed and Muk 3HKOed. Can put work but according to RNK, it won't take out more than Ariados+Venomoth and either Crobat or Muk most of the time.
Bruno (41) : Return 2HKOes Hitmonchan, that does nothing back with Dig. Mach Punch 2HKOes so it can't beat Hitmonchan. It outspeeds and OHKOes Hitmonlee. Machamp OHKOes and Raticate doesn't even do half.
Karen (41) : 3HKO Umbreon with Return. Vileplume is 2HKOed but it's better to avoid it as it goes for Stun Spore. Gengar is 2HKOed by Dig (OHKO most of the time as it goes for Curse). Murkrow is outsped but only 2HKOed somehow.
Lance (41) : 2HKO Gyarados as it goes for Rain Dance. Can't beat Dragonite as Twister + Hyper Beam koes and you only 3HKO.

Morty (25) : Outspeed and OHKO everything with Charcoal Fire Punch, except Gengar that gets 2HKOed and Haunter 2 that does nothing lol. Just like Raticate, as long as you don't get hit by Hypnosis, that's a solid win.
Chuck (31) : 2HKO Primeape with Fire Punch and Poliwrath with Thunder Punch. No problem here.
Jasmine (31) : Magnemite are OHKOed by Fire Punch. Steelix isn't but gets 2HKOed and Rock Throw only des half so that's an easy win still.
Pryce (32) : Seel is possibly a range and gets 2HKOed, just like Dewgong and Piloswine is OHKOed by Fire Punch. Easy win here as you outspeed in spite of speed drop from Icy Wind lol.
Silver 4 (33) : 2HKO Golbat with ThunderPunch, set up Sunny Day and OHKO everything with Fire Punch. Pretty easy win.
Clair (38) : Can only beat a Dragonair as it 3HKOes with Fire Punch. Kingdra is way too much.
Silver 5 (40) : Set up Sunny Day on Sneasel and OHKO everything with Fire Punch (Golbat is a range). Pretty clear win.
Will (41) : Gave Magmar Bitter Berry because Confuse Ray is the worst move. Set up Sunny Day and OHKO everything but Slobro that gets 2HKOed by Thunder Punch. Seeins as how Xatu uses Confuse Ray Turn 1 and that Magmar can take 2 Psychic from Xatu, that's an easy win.
Koga (41) : OHKO Ariados, Venomoth and Foretress. Muk is 3HKOed and Crobat is 2HKOed by Charcoal Flamethrower. Depends of the moves of the 2 latter mons but it's winnable.
Bruno (41) : Hitmontop is 2HKOed by Flamethrower. I used Sunny Day on Dig so that Onix could get OHKOed. It could take 2 Mach Punch from Hitmonchan afterward and put a dent on either Machamp or Hitmonlee.
Karen (41) : 3HKO Umbreon. Outspeed and 2HKO Gengar. Murkrow and Vileplume are OHKOed. Houndoom is too much but taking down 4 mons is great.
Lance (42) : 2HKO Gyarados will always use Rain Dance and gets 2HKOed by Thunder Punch. Magmar takes Slash and Hyper Beam from CHarizard and 3HKOes with ThunderPunch (Magnet may allow the 2HKO but that changes nothing anyway).

Chuck (31) : Primeape is 2HKOed. Poliwrath is a 4HKO, Chuck has a Full Heal and you can put it to sleep with Sing or para with Body Slam. Better than expected, still not a 100% win.
Jasmine (31) : Magnemite are outsped and OHKOed by Surf, Steelix is a 2HKO (3 after the Sun) but it doesn't matter as Iron Tail doesn't even 2HKO.
Pryce (31) : Seel is 2HKOed by Body Slam, Dewgong is 3HKOed and Piloswine is OHKOed by Surf. Easy win.
Rival 4 (32) : 2HKO Golbat with Surf, OHKO Magnemite, OHKO Haunter that does nothing with Shadow Ball and 2HKO Sneasel. Only Meganium is a threat (Icy Wind might make this easier but still it's not going to do a lot).
Clair (38) : Outspeed and OHKO Dragonairs with Ice beam. Kingdra is 3HKOed by Ice Beam+Body Slam + Ice Beam (it's better to use Body Slam to avoid Hyper Potion). As long as you hit through Smokescreen that's a win.
Silver 5 (40) : Set up Rain Dance on Sneasel as it does nothing and the rest gets OHKOed by it or NeverMeltIce Ice Beam. Easy win without any trouble. Sneasel, Meganium (might be my IVs), Haunter, Golbat and Kadabra outspeed but they barely do damages. Lapras should confortably win here.
Will (40) : It OHKOes both Xatus and Eeggutor and Body Slam 2HKOes so Lapras can take down 4 mons. Slowbro is going to be too bulky tho.
Koga (40) : 2HKO Ariados, Venomoth and Foretress with Ice Beam/Surf. Crobat is OHKOed by Ice Beam and Muk is 3HKOed. Luck reliant because it's Koga but Lapras if not winning does a lot in this match.
Bruno (40) : Only beats Hitmontop and Onix.
Karen (40) : Umbreon is 4HKOed but not adviseable due to Sand Attack and Confuse Ray. Outspeed and OHKO Vileplume and can take Faint Attack + 2 Flamethrower from Murkrow. Otherwise, it can 2HKO Gengar with Ice Beam. Solid as it can take down Vileplume+Murkrow and either Gengar or Houndoom.
Lance (40) : 3HKO Gyarados with Ice Beam (weirdly it used several times Surf and Flail) and might use Hyper Beam that does 40%. Dragonite are all OHKOed by Ice Beam. Thunder is a 2HKO (but I haven't seen in several tries Gyarados using Rain Dance). Thus, most of the time it will require to heal. Charizard is beatable 1v1 as it doesn't 2HKO and gets 2HKOed. Aerodactyl 2HKOes and can take a hit. Pretty good as it's Lance, despite the need of Full Restore to get past Dragonite and Charizard.

Silver 4 (31) : Golbat is OHKOed by Ice Punch. Sneasel is 4HKOed by Ice Punch but gets put to sleep and only 4/5HKOes with Feint Attack/ Magnemite is a 2HKO. Haunter is 2HKOed but it's better to put it asleep due to Shadow Ball. Meganium is 2HKOed by Ice Punch. Meganium and Haunter might have been a range with NeverMeltIce. Strong performance as with a bit of luck, it's winnable.
Clair (38) : outspeed and OHKO the three Dragonair. Kingdra is 3HKoed by Ice Punch+Power Snow+Ice Punch and can't even OHKO with HyperBeam. Solid win
Silver 5 (40) : outspeed and 2HKO Sneasel with Ice Punch. Magneton is 2HKOed but should be put alseep to avoid paralysis. Haunter, Golbat, Kadabra and Meganium are all outsped and get OHKOed. As long as you don't get para'd by Magneton that's a win.
Will (40) : Outspeed and OHKO both Xatu and Exeggutor with Ice Punch. Jynx and Slowbro are 4HKOed by Ice Punch and you can put them to sleep. A bit reliant on sleep due to Slowbro's Amnesia but amazing matchup.
Koga (40) : Ariados and Venomoth are 2HKOed by Ice Punch. Foretress is a 3HKO which is great if it doesn't go for Explosion. Crobat outspeeds but is OHKOed by Ice Punch. Muk is a 3HKO so it depends what it does but Lovely Kiss helps in that regard. A bit reliant on sleep and luck but Jynx can definitely win by itself.
Bruno (41) : Hitmon are all 2HKOed by Ice Punch and Dig + 2 Mach Punch don't ko. So Jynx can take down at least Hitmontop +Hitmonchan + Onix. According to luck Hitmonlee is feasible. Machamp is harder tho as it OHKOes and is only 3HKOed by Ice Punch. Jynx is still really solid.
Karen (41) : Umbreon is 4HKOed by Ice Punch. Vileplume is 2HKOed. Gengar always uses Curse so it's getting koed with Ice Punch. Murkrow is outsped and OHKOed.
Lance (41) : Gyarados is 3HKOed by Ice Punch but goes for Hyper Beam so unless you feel lucky with Sleep, avoid it. The 3 Dragonite are outsped and OHKOed by Ice Punch. Charizard and Aero outspeed and OHKO.

It's tricky to rank but I would say Caterpie deserves C-tier (I wouldn't mind D-tier too I guess). While it wasn't reliable, it contributed a lot. Falkner, Bugsy and Chuck were easy wins. Whitney was a bit luck reliant but still in several tests she was beaten with ease. Morty was also RNG dependant but still OHKOing Gastly and 2HKOing Haunter was great, especially when Gengar was 3HKOed and could be put asleep. Taking down Steelix from Jasmine, albeit once again with luck was pretty cool too. Against the Elite 4, it clearly helped a lot for Koga and Bruno taking down respectively at least 3 and 2 mons. It's a bit hard to rank because it relies on sleep way more than other Pokemon but C-tier feels adequate due to winning matchup against 3 gym leaders, being an early encounter that levels up quickly and being able to either win with a bit of luck in some crucial battle or at least put something to sleep. More testing on Caterpie would be great.

Raticate is B-tier. Honestly, Raticate was a worse Tauros, found earlier and that beats Morty. Beating Falkner and sometimes Bugsy was great. Having a clear win against Morty helped a lot. Afterwards, it wasn't as good but still potent. Chuck was hard but it could at least take down Primeape and weaken Poliwrath. Against Jasmine, it takes down both Magnemite with ease. It can potentially win against Pryce (especially when you consider how bad the IA is). Against Clair, with Return and Quick Attack, Dragonair were taken down, which is pretty nice. The Elite 4 was a bit rough (and it was definitely wose than Tauros) but it could take down at least 2/3 mons by battle most of the time, except for Lance. Really Raticate was quite good and B-tier looks fine for it. It is found in really early game, does extremly well in the begening and even in late game always does something.

Magmar is a clear A-tier. Not much to say about it, it just easily wins against every gym leader except for Clair. The Elite 4 was great too as it could beat Will with ease, has strong chance of beating Koga and does quite well against Bruno and Karen, taking down 3 and 4 mons respectively. Lance was harder but beating 2 mons is more than alright. Really, one of the best mon in the game, only needing Thunder Punch and having Fire Punch right of the bat is amazing. It's found too late and struggles against Clair and Lance, otherwise it would be S-tier I think.

Lapras is B-tier. Lapras was really dominant when used. It easily won against Pryce, Jasmine, Clair, rival as well as Chuck most of the time. Even against the Elite 4, it was great except for Bruno. It did a lot against Koga and won against everything but Slowbro against Will. Karen was pretty nice as it could take down Vileplume+Murkrow+Houndoom (and take down Umbreon if you don't fear Sand Attack). Lance was quite great as it could defeat the Three Dragonite, Gyarados and Charizard with health support. Really an outstanding Pokemon to use. It definitely had an A-tier performance but due to coming late (and kinda hard to catch), needing a back-track and being in the slow leveling groupe, B-tier feels better for it. Still, it was really amazing and I recommend everyone to try it, you won't be deceived.

Jynx is also B-tier. While it comes late, Jynx was an absolute beast. Training it isn't hard because it's in the medium fast leveling group and you can easily grind against Rocket grunts in Radio Tower. Having something that easily beats Clair, without even ressorting on luck is amazing due to how hard she can be. The Elite 4 was really strong too, destroying Will (it requires luck for Slowbro and Jynx but they don't do much back anyway), Koga (with a bit of luck) and doing well against Bruno (at worst you take down 3 mons but with Lovely Kiss Hitmonlee is feasible too, Machamp is hard tho). Karen was a bit worse but still Jynx outspeeds and OHKOes Vileplume, Murkrow and 2HKOes Gengar that will most of the time go for Curse. Even Umbreon was possible to beat thanks to Lovely Kiss. Outspeeding and OHKOing the 3 Dragonite from Lance is really amazing. Despite coming late, Jynx was one of the best mon for the late game and didn't even require any tm. That's why I think it would fit B-tier perfectly, especially since it beats Clair easily and destroy Lance's Dragonites.

I'm going to try a Silver run with and Cynquadil, Ledyba, Vulpix, Stantler and Lugia. 5 mons seems alright in this case as Lugia comes in late game anyway.

=Falkner=
Growlithe L11
Ember 2HKOs Pidgey and 3HKOs Pidgeotto
=Bugsy=
Growlithe L15
Ember 1HKOs the cocoons and 3HKOs Scyther.
=Rival 2=
Growlithe L16
Bite 1HKOs Gastly
Ember 3HKOs Zubat and Bayleef
=Whitney=
Growlithe L20
Charcoal Ember 4HKOs Clefairy
Pink Bow Headbutt 3HKOs Clefairy and appears to be a 6HKO on Miltank

As Arcanine
Charcoal Ember 3HKOs Clefairy and 4HKOs Miltank
Pink Bow Headbutt 2HKOs Clefairy and 5HKOs Miltank. Arcanine outspeeds, but its reliant on Headbutt flinch to stop Miltank as Rollout 3HKOs total consecutively. I was gonna say its a good matchup, but the backtrack is so annoying before clearing Sudowoodo, even with Bicycle and Repel available
=Rival 3=
Growlithe L22-23
Bite KOs Haunter after it uses Curse
Headbutt 2HKOs Zubat
Ember 2HKOs Magnemite and 3HKOs Bayleef

As Arcanine
Bite 2HKOs Haunter(1HKOs after it uses Curse). Arcanine outspeeds
Headbutt 2HKOs Zubat
Charcoal Ember 1HKOs Magnemite and 2HKOs Bayleef
=Morty=
Growlithe L24
Bite 1HKOs Gastly, 2HKOs both Haunters(the first one is a 1HKO after it uses Curse) and 3HKOs Gengar

As Arcanine
Bite 1HKOs Gastly, 2HKOs both Haunters(the first one is close to 1HKOing) and 3HKOs Gengar(close to 2HKOing). Arcanine outspeeds both Haunter and Gengar
=Chuck=
Growlithe L30
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Primeape and 4HKOs Poliwrath. Poliwrath 1HKOs back.

As Arcanine
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Primeape and 3HKOs Poliwrath. Arcanine outspeeds Primeape. Poliwrath 2HKOs back.
=Jasmine=
Growlithe L30
Charcoal Ember 2HKOs Magnemite and 3HKOs Steelix. Magnemite and Steelix 2HKOs back

As Arcanine
Charcoal Ember 1HKOs Magnemite and 3HKOs Steelix(close to 2HKOing). Steelix 3HKOs back.
=Pryce=
Growlithe L31
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Seel and 4HKOs Dewgong(close to 3HKOing)
Ember 3HKOs Piloswine

As Arcanine
Return 2HKOs Seel and 3HKOs Dewgong
Charcoal Ember 2HKOs Piloswine(3HKO if no Charcoal)
=Rival 4=
Growlithe L33
Pink Bow Return 3HKOs Golbat, 2HKOs Sneasel
Bite 2HKOs Haunter
Ember 3HKOs Meganium and is so close at 1HKOing Magnemite, and so close at 2HKOing Sneasel

As L33 Arcanine
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Golbat and Sneasel
Bite 2HKOs Haunter.
Ember 1HKOs Magnemite, 2HKOs Sneasel, and 3HKOs Meganium
Arcanine outspeeds Golbat and Haunter

As L33 Arcanine with Fire Blast
Charcoal Fire Blast 2HKOs Golbat and 1HKOs Haunter, Magnemite, Sneasel, and Meganium.

As L34 Arcanine
Charcoal Flame Wheel 3HKOs Golbat(so close to 2HKOing), 1HKOs Magnemite, 2HKOs Haunter and Meganium, and is so close at 1HKOing Sneasel.
=Clair=
Arcanine L38
Return 2HKOs the Dragonairs and 3HKOs Kingdra. Arcanine has a chance to survived Kingdra's Surf
=Rival 5=
Arcanine L39
Return 2HKOs Sneasel(close to 1HKOing) Golbat, 1HKOs Kadabra, and 3HKOs Meganium
Bite 2HKOs Haunter
Ember 2HKOs Sneasel, Magneton and 3HKOs Meganium
Charcoal Flame Wheel 1HKOs Sneasel and Magneton, 3HKOs Golbat, and 2HKOs Haunter and Meganium
Charcoal Fire Blast 2HKOs Golbat(close to 1HKOing) and 1HKOs the rest
=Will=
Arcanine L40
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs the Xatus, 1HKOs Jynx, and 3HKOs Exeggutor and Slowbro(4HKOs total if it uses Curse turn 2)
Bite 2HKOs the Xatus and 3HKOs Exeggutor and Slowbro(5HKOs if it uses Amnesia turn 1)
Ember 3HKOs Exeggutor
Flame Wheel 3HKOs the Xatus, 2HKOs Jynx and Exeggutor
Charcoal Fire Blast 2HKOs the Xatus
Charcoal Sunny Day Fire Blast 1HKOs all bar Slowbro
=Koga=
Arcanine L40
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Ariados and Venomoth, and 3HKOs Muk and Crobat
Ember 1HKOs Forretress
Flame Wheel 2HKOs Ariados and Venomoth, 5HKOs Muk, and 4HKOs Crobat
Charcoal Sunny Day Fire Blast 2HKOs Muk and is close to 1HKOing Crobat
=Bruno=
Arcanine L41
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs the Hitmons(close to 1HKOing Hitmonlee) and 3HKOs Machamp. Machamp 2HKOs back.
Bite 3HKOs Onix. Onix 2HKOs back
Charcoal Sunny Day Fire Blast 1HKOs the Hitmons, Onix, and 2HKOs Machamp
=Karen=
Arcanine L41
Pink Bow Return 4HKOs Umbreon(close to 3HKOing), 3HKOs Vileplume, and 2HKOs Murkrow and Houndoom. Arcanine outspeeds Houndoom
Bite 3HKOs Gengar(2HKOs after it uses Curse)
Flame Wheel 2HKOs Vileplume
Charcoal Sunny Day Fire Blast 2HKO Umbreon, 3HKOs Houndoom, and 1HKOs the rest.
=Lance=
Arcanine L42
Pink Bow Return 3HKOs Gyarados and Charizard and 4HKOs Dragonite(close to 3HKOing)
Bite seems to be a 5HKO on Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl 2HKOs back
Bite is actually great in the early game prior to getting Ember, and its even good against Geodudes and some Waters at that point(L13 Growlithe 2HKOs L11 Geodude). Flame Wheel is so late at L34 and is further hurted by its Slow leveling rate, and considering Arcanine's Charcoal Ember is enough to 1HKO Jasmine's Magnemite, its best to just immediately evolved Growlithe instead of waiting to get it. Flame Wheel doesn't provide that much help anyway. Growlithe is more of a Normal-type attacker than a Fire-type attacker until Fire Blast, but its fine at using it. I'm actually impressed by Sunny Day + Fire Blast performance, but in practice, its only sweeping one of the Elite 4, and not all of them due to low PP, and the strat is also greatly reliant on item support, particularly a couple of Ethers and Elixers. Fire Blast alone is fine for certain targets. I'm going for B Tier on this one, C is fine i guess, but I don't see this being in A Tier honestly.
=Bugsy=
Krabby L15
Pink Bow Vice Grip 3HKOs Metapod(close to 2HKOing), 2HKOs Kakuna, and 4HKOs Scyther.
=Rival 2=
Krabby L16
Bubble 6HKOs Gastly. Mudslap 2HKOs Gastly
Pink Bow Vicegrip 2HKOs Zubat and appears to be a 4HKO on Bayleef. Bayleef outspeeds and 1HKOs back.
=Whitney=
Krabby L20
Pink Bow Vice Grip 2HKOs Clefairy and 5HKOs Miltank.
=Rival 3=
Surf 2HKOs Haunter after it uses Curse and Magnemite
Mud-Slap 2HKOs Magnemite
Pink Bow Vice Grip 2HKOs Zubat and 4HKOs Bayleef. Krabby outspeeds Bayleef but its still getting 1HKOed.

Grabbed the Strength TM.
Pink Bow Strength has a roll to 1HKO Zubat and it 3HKOs Bayleef
=Morty=
Krabby L24
Surf 2HKOs Gastly and Haunter and 4HKOs Gengar. Krabby speedties with Gastly
=Chuck=
Kingler L30
Pink Bow Strength 2HKOs Primeape(close to 1HKOing) and 3HKOs Poliwrath. Poliwrath 3HKOs back.
=Jasmine=
Kingler L30
Surf 2HKOs Magnemite and Steelix. Magnemite 1HKOs back.
=Pryce=
Kingler L31
Pink Bow Strength 2HKOs Seel and Dewgong
Surf 2HKOs Piloswine
=Rival 4=
Kingler L33
Pink Bow Strength 2HKOs Golbat and Sneasel, and 3HKOs Meganium(4HKOs after using Reflect turn 1). Meganium 2HKOs back
Surf 2HKOs Haunter and is so close at 1HKOing Magnemite
=Clair=
Kingler L38
Strength 2HKOs the Dragonair and 3HKOs Kingdra. Kingdra 3HKOs back
=Rival 5=
Kingler L39
Pink Bow Return 1HKOs Sneasel and Kadabra, 2HKOs Golbat, and 3HKOs Meganium. Meganium 2HKOs back
Surf 2HKOs Magneton and Haunter(1HKOs after it uses Curse)
=Will=
Kingler L40
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs the Xatus, 1HKOs Jynx and 3HKOs Exeggutor and Slowbro(4HKOs after it uses Curse turn 2). All 2HKOs back.
=Koga=
Kingler L40
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Ariados and Venomoth, and 3HKOs Muk(close to 2HKOing) and Crobat(close to 2HKOing)
Surf 3HKOs Forretress
=Bruno=
Kingler L41
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs the Hitmons(close to 1HKOing Hitmonlee) and 3HKOs Machamp. Machamp 2HKOs back
Surf 1HKOs Onix
=Karen=
Kingler L41
Pink Bow Return 3HKOs Umbreon, 2HKOs Vileplume, Murkrow and Houndoom.
Surf 3HKOs Gengar
=Lance=
Kingler L42
Pink Bow Return 3HKOs Gyarados, Charizard(super close to 2HKOing) and the Dragonites
Surf 2HKOs Aerodactyl
I was somehow fortunate enough to catch a Krabby with 15 Atk and 15 Special DVs?(It had 29 Atk and 13 SpA stat at Level 10). Anyway, early phase is weak until Level 12 due to 20 BP Bubble only 4HKOing on routes, but fortunately you'll encounter some Geodudes and Onix in Union Cave for easier grinding. Krabby is like Gyarados in that its more of a Normal-Type attacker than a Water-Type. It has access to a rare Guillotine, but X Items are banned in this tier list so i'm not gonna count that. C Tier seems fine for this pokemon
=Whitney=
Sunflora L20
Miracle Seed Mega Drain 3HKOs Clefairy and 4HKOs Miltank
+2 MiracleSeed Mega Drain 2HKOs Clefairy and Miltank. It needs 4 Growth boost to 1HKO Clefairy and 6 Growth boost to 1HKO Miltank. Watch out for Stomp flinch.
=Rival 3=
MiracleSeed Mega Drain 3HKOs Haunter after it uses Curse
+1 MiracleSeed Mega Drain 2HKOs Haunter after it uses Curse
Cut 3HKOs Zubat after Leech Life recovery.

Skipped Haunter and Set up 3 Growth against Magnemite
+3 MiracleSeed Mega Drain 2HKOs Magnemite, 4HKOs Zubat after Leech Life recovery, and Bayleef

Skipped 3, and set-up 6 Growth against Bayleef
+6 MiracleSeed Mega Drain 2HKOs Bayleef
=Morty=
Sunflora L24
Mega Drain 2HKOs Gastly after it uses Curse, 3HKOs Haunter after it uses Curse, and 9HKOs Gengar(so close to 8HKOing). Gengar almost 2HKOs back with Shadow Ball

Growth sweeping is hard due to Curse and Hypnosis.
=Chuck=
Sunflora L30
MiracleSeed Mega Drain 3HKOs Primeape and Poliwrath. Poliwrath 2HKOs back.
+1 MiracleSeed Mega Drain 2HKOs Primeape and Poliwrath.

I used a Rare Candy to see Petal Dance
Petal Dance 2HKOs Primeape and Poliwrath
+1 MiracleSeed Petal Dance 1HKOs Primeape and Poliwrath. This requires a bit of luck not getting chipped down in range of a DynamicPunch KO and not getting by that move or Hypnosis.
=Jasmine=
Sunflora L30
+1 MiracleSeed Mega Drain 3HKOs Magnemite and Steelix. Steelix almost 1HKOs back.

I used Rare Candy to test Petal Dance
Miracle Seed Petal Dance 3HKOs Magnemite and Steelix. Growth sweep is difficult because Steelix hits so hard, and its even worse if you got paralyzed by Magnemite
=Pryce=
Sunflora L31
Petal Dance 1HKOs Seel and 2HKOs Dewgong and Piloswine. Sunflora outspeeds Seel, but gets outsped by the rest. Dewgong 3HKOs back while Piloswine 2HKOs back. Dewgong chips you down in range of a Blizzard KO
=Rival 4=
Sunflora L33
Return 3HKOs Golbat. Golbat 2HKOs back
Petal Dance 2HKOs Haunter(after it uses Curse), Magnemite and Sneasel, and 6HKOs Meganium. Meganium 4HKOs back and Reflect makes Return deal even less damage.
=Clair=
Sunflora L38
Return 3HKOs the Dragonairs
Petal Dance 3HKOs Kingdra. Kingdra KOs back with Dragonbreath into Hyper Beam.
=Rival 5=
Sunflora L39
Petal Dance 2HKOs Sneasel and Haunter(after it uses Curse), and 3HKOs Magneton
Return 3HKOs Golbat and 1HKOs Kadabra. Golbat 2HKOs back
Meganium reflects and Return is barely doing anything against it. It 4HKOs back with Body Slam
=Will=
Sunflora L40
Return 3HKOs the Xatus and 2HKOs Jynx. Exeguttor outspeeds and Reflects.
Petal Dance 2HKOs Slowbro. Jynx 2HKOs back, and the rest almost 2HKOs back.
=Koga=
Sunflora L40
Return 3HKOs Ariados and Venomoth and 4HKOs Crobat. Crobat 2HKOs back.
Muk 1HKOs back with Sludge Bomb
Petal Dance is barely doing anything against Forretress. Forretress outspeeds almost 4HKOs back
=Bruno=
Sunflora L41
Petal Dance 3HKOs the Hitmons, 1HKOs Onix, and seems a 4HKO on Machamp. Machamp almost 1HKOs back
=Karen=
Sunflora L41
Petal Dance 5HKOs Umbreon(4HKOs if holding Miracle Seed), 3HKOs Gengar after it uses Curse
Return 4HKOs Vileplume and 3HKOs Murkrow
Houndoom 1HKOs with Flamethrower
=Lance=
Sunflora L42
Petal Dance 4HKOs Gyarados
Return 6HKOs the Dragonites. L47 ones almost 1HKOs back.
Aerodactyl and Charizard 1HKOs back
You have to actually win that Bug catching contest to grab the Sun Stone. While Petal Dance is a good STAB, it causes confusion and its still a Grass STAB, a lot of thing resist it, even the Elite 4(Lance included) has 3-5 Grass resist besides Bruno. Your coverage option is like Cut and Return, and that's it and its also slow, and this causes it to struggled against Pryce in particular. I was gonna go for C Tier, but D Tier seems to fit more.
=Chuck=
Slowbro L30
Confusion 2HKOs Primeape and has a roll to 2HKO Poliwrath
=Jasmine=
Slowbro L30
MysticWater Surf 1HKOs Magnemite and Steelix(2HKOs after Sunny Day). Magnemite outspeeds and 2HKOs back with Thunderbolt, it took me multiple attempts to get this because after Twave, the Magnemites are going for Supersonic instead of Thunderbolt for some reason...
=Pryce=
Slowbro L31
Confusion 3HKOs Seel and 4HKOs Dewgong
MysticWater Surf 1HKOs Piloswine
=Rival 4=
Slowbro L33
MysticWater Surf 2HKOs Golbat and Sneasel, 1HKOs Magnemite and Haunter
Ice Punch 2HKOs Meganium. Meganium 3HKOs back
=Clair=
Slowbro L38
Nevermeltice Ice Punch 2HKOs the Dragonairs and 4HKOs Kingdra.
=Rival 5=
Slowbro L39
MysticWater Surf 1HKOs Sneasel, Haunter and Kadabra and is so close at 1HKOing Magneton
Ice Punch 2HKOs Golbat and Meganium
=Will=
Slowbro L40
Nevermeltice 2HKOs the Xatus and Exeggutor
Shadow Ball 2HKOs Jynx and 3HKOs Slowbro. Slowbro speedties with Slowbro.
=Koga=
Slowbro L40
Mystic Water Surf 2HKOs Ariados, Venomoth and Forretress, and 3HKOs Muk and Crobat.
=Bruno=
Slowbro L41
MysticWater Surf 2HKOs the Hitmons, 1HKOs Onix, and 3HKOs Machamp
=Karen=
Slowbro L41
MysticWater Surf 3HKOs Umbreon, and 2HKOs Gengar, Murkrow and Houndoom(close to 1HKOing). Umbreon 3HKOs back while Houndoom 2HKOs back
Ice Punch 1HKOs Murkrow and 2HKOs Vileplume. Both 2HKOs back
=Lance=
Slowbro L42
NMI Ice Punch 5HKOs Gyarados and 2HKOs the Dragonites,
Surf 1HKOs Aerodactyl and Charizard
Slowpoke is weak and evolves late at Level 37, so its best to catch a wild Slowbro. Its fine, but the problems are the backtrack and its so slow.
I'm mixed between C or D Tier on this one.

I assumed Slowking will be ranked the same too? You still need to backtrack to the same place where Slowbro is for King's Rock and its stats are same but with swapped Def and SpDef.

tl;dr
Growlithe(Crystal) - B
Krabby - C
Sunkern - D
Slowbro - C/D

I'm gonna do a Silver run using Weedle, Dunsparce, Scyther(no trade), and Remoraid next.

Hello

I decided to take a page out of Zebes' book on the FRLG tiers and share an image of my thoughts on everyone through an image. It can be found on the folder below. Keep in mind that these are for the original GS, I will discuss what I think of Pokemon that functions differently in Crystal as and when they're in focus. If there's anyone in particular you want me to elaborate on, please let me know. Lugia and Ho-Oh are placed here based solely on their performance in the version where they're caught before the Elite 4. Generally, if you disregard the post-game for this list, then ignore any Pokemon which are only caught or evolved there.

Oh, and consider D and E as one tier called D here.

my-image.png

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"noooo, you can't just speed through the game with an emulator, noooo"
"hahaha, speed up feature on VBA go brrr"

had to grind Starmie before Clair.

For Psyduck, I started with the Crystal version, then realized that it will be a Psyduck for Gyms 5-7, so decided to hack and make it a Golduck. I think post-Morty Golduck should be used over early Psyduck due to that.

Whitney(21): DKick 2HKOes Clefairy and 4HKOes Miltank. Miltank outspeeds and 3HKOes with Stomp

Silver(22): DKick 2HKOes Magnemite and Headbutt 3HKOes Zubat. It can muscle through Bayleef, though Growl + Reflect can slow you down

Morty(25): lol no, at best if you have Mud-slap, you may be able to do something

Chuck(30): Headbutt spam beats Primeape. Magnet Thunder Punch 3HKOes Poliwrath, which 2HKOes with Surf.

Jasmine(30): Charcoal Fire Punch OHKOes Magnemite and 3HKOes Steelix. Steelix loses as soon as it misses an Iron Tail, otherwise, it can outlive Nidoqueen enough thanks to healing.

Pryce(31): Thunder Punch 2HKOes Seel and 3HKOes Dewgong. Fire Punch 2HKOes Piloswine. Dewgong beats you, as it outspeeds and 3HKOes with Aurora Beam due to Icy Wind from Seel, so avoid it.

Silver(33): Shadow Ball OHKOes Haunter, Fire Punch 3HKOes Meganium and OHKOes Magnemite and the rest are 2HKOed by appropriate move.

Clair(38): NMI Ice Punch 2HKOes Dragonair. Super effective coverage from them 3HKOes. You are beating two without healing

Silver(40): Shadow Ball OHKOes Haunter and Kadabra. Ice Punch 3HKOes Meganium and 2HKOes Golbat. Fire Punch 2HKOes Sneasel and EQ handles Magneton

Will(41): nope, you get hit hard and you cannot OHKO a lot of things here.

Koga(41): Fire Punch OHKOes Forry and 2HKOes the other Bugs, though Moth is a roll for a 3HKO... Crobat is 3HKOed by Ice Punch, but spams evasion. Muk is handled by EQ

Bruno(41): EQ OHKOes a digging Hitmontop and 2HKOes the other Hitmons (3HKOes Machamp, which tends to win). Ice Punch OHKOes Onix

Karen(42): beats Vileplume, Murkrow, and Gengar. Houndoom generaly finishes it off if it took on Murkrow and Vileplume

Lance(42): can't OHKO anything, gets 2HKOed often

Whitney(21): Ice Punch 3HKOes Clefairy. Avoid Miltank

Silver(22): beats Haunter and Magnemite with Dig and Zubat with Ice Punch

Morty(25): Surf OHKOes Gastly and 2HKOes Haunter. Haunter #1 Curses and you switch out against Gengar. Haunter #2 seems to spam Night Shade, which cannot 2HKO you.

Chuck(30): (hacked as a Golduck) Surf 2HKOes Primeape and Confusion 4HKOes Poliwrath. Poliwrath 2HKOes with Dynamic Punch

Jasmine(30): Outspeeds and OHKOes everything with MW Surf

Pryce(31): MW Surf in rain 2HKOes Seel and 3HKOes Dewgong. Piloswine is OHKOed by MW Surf alone.

Silver(32): MW Surf in rain puts Golbat in red. Ice Punch 2HKOes Meganium on rolls. Sneasel is 2HKOed by Surf and the rest are OHKOed

Clair(38): NMI Ice Punch puts Dragonair in red, coming close to an OHKO sometimes. Paralysis makes this fight harder, though

Golduck(40): outspeeds everything and OHKOes them with Surf in rain, bar Meganium, which is 2HKOed by NMI Ice Punch. You need to set up rain two times, though.

Will(41): MW Surf in rain OHKOes Xatu and 2HKOes Jynx. Exeggutor is 2HKOed by Ice Punch. Watch out for hax while setting up rain

Koga(41): MW Surf in rain OHKOes Ariados and 2HKOes the rest, though Forry and Moth are rolls for OHKO. Watch out for evasion

Bruno(41): MW Surf in rain OHKOes Onix and 2HKOes Hitmons.

Karen(41): set up rain on Murkrow and OHKO it and Houndoom with Surf (Plume comes after Murkrow, OHKO it with something). Gengar is 2HKOed if you are willing to take on it as well

Lance(42): NMI Ice Punch puts Dragonite in red, which 2HKOes with Thunder / Hyper Beam while paralyzing. You can probably have Golduck take on Charizard / Aerodactyl, though

Silver(22): Surf spam beats everything but Bayleef

Morty(25): outspeeds everything. Surf 2HKOes Gengar and OHKOes the rest. Great matchup

Chuck(30): set up rain and OHKO Primeape with MW Surf and 2HKO Poliwrath with Thunder. Hax is your biggest issue here, but otherwise, everything's good.

Jasmine(30): MW Surf OHKOes everything.

Pryce(31): Thunder OHKOes Seel and 2HKOes Dewgong. MW Surf OHKOes Piloswine

Silver(33): MW Surf 2HKOes Golbat and Sneasel and OHKOes Magnemite and Haunter.

Clair(38): Blizzard OHKOes Dragonair. Kingdra is 3HKOd by Thunder and generally 1v1s youdue to Hyper Beam finishing you off before you can finish it off yourself

Silver(40): MW Surf in rain OHKOes Sneasel and Magneton. Blizzard puts Meganium in red. MW Surf outside of rain OHKOes Kadabra and Haunter and Thunder in rain OHKOes Golbat.

Will(41): MW Surf in rain 2HKOes Jynx. Thunder in rain OHKOes Xatu and 2HKOes Slowbro. Blizzard OHKOes Exeggutor. Only watch out for hax while setting up rain and you are mostly good.

Koga(41): MW Surf in rain OHKOes the bugs and Thunder 2HKOes Crobat. Muk is 2HKOed by rain Surf, but tends to finish you off

Bruno(42): MW Surf in rain 2HKOes everything (bar lol Onix). It is possible to sweep, but you need to heal against Machamp, which 3HKOes with Rock Slide (Surf, then heal, then rain, then KO with Surf. Lee shouldn't be able to finish you off without crits)

Karen(42): set up rain on Murkrow and OHKO it and Houndoom with Surf (Plume comes after Murkrow, OHKO it with something). Gengar is 2HKOed if you are willing to take on it as well

Lance(42): Thunder OHKOes Gyarados, Blizzard OHKOes Dragonite, and MW Surf OHKOes the rest. If you get lucky, you can sweep here

Silver(22): Confusion beats Zubat and Haunter and PB Return 3HKOes Bayleef.

Morty(25): outspeeds everything but Gengar. Confusion 2HKOes Gengar and OHKOes the rest. Gengar 4HKOes with Dream Eater. Great matchup

Chuck(30): PB Return OHKOes Primeape and 2HKOes Poliwrath. Outspeeds both. Dynamic Punch is also a 2HKO, if it hits.

Jasmine(30): lol no

Pryce(31): PB Return OHKOes Seel and 2HKOes the rest. Takes hits from Dewgong and Piloswine comfortably

Silver(33): PB Return OHKOes Sneasel, Meganium on rolls, and 2HKOes Golbat. Confusion OHKOes Haunter.

Clair(38): PB Return 3HKOes Kingdra and 2HKOes the rest. Due to paralysis, you are more likely to take out two Dragonair, though healing allows for a third KO

Silver(40): PB Return OHKOes Sneasel and Kadabra and 2HKOes Golbat and Meganium (assuming no Reflect). Shadow Ball OHKOes Haunter (and Psybeam, since you level up if you take on eveyrthing until that moment) and EQ OHKOes Magneton

Will(41): Spell Tag Shadow Ball OHKOes Jynx, 3HKOes Slowbro, and 2HKOes the rest, outspeeding all. Hax is your only issue, along with Reflect, but they don't really hit you hard, like 5-6HKO with Psychic, in most cases.

Koga(42): Psybeam OHKOes Ariados and 2HKOes the other Poison-types. You outspeed all bar Crobat, which 3HKOes with Wing Attack. Also watch out for evasion.

Bruno(42): PB Return 2HKOes everything but Onix, which is 2HKOed by Psybeam. Onix sets up Sandstorm, which proves vital, as it cheapens Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee on the switch and puts them in range for an OHKO.

Karen(42): beats Murkrow and Vileplume. Can beat Gengar if you don't mind Curse

thought:

Nidoqueen
Very disappointed. It was not hitting really hard and its power was comparable to Hypno, which is currently in C-tier. It doesn't help that Nidorina isn't very helpful till you evolve it either. Med Slow is good for training it. Overall, I rarely OHKOed with super effective moves and this had some toll on its performance. Want to say C-tier, but B-tier might be possible. Wouldn't hurt for someone else to test it.

Psyduck
So basically, there are two problems. The first one is that Psyduck has no STAB moves until Surf if you catch it early in Crystal. On the other hand, though, it's pretty good for Morty. However, after that, you are stuck as Psyduck for Gyms 5-7, which makes them worse matchups. The other problem is that catching it as a Golduck has the issue of it being rather underleveled, being around 15-19 iirc. Generally speaking, it's an alright Water-type, it hits hard with MW Surf in rain, though that means you have to backtrack for it (however, you can always save it for post-Chuck, since you don't need it there and can use Fly). All in all, I'd probably place it in B-tier for performance, but the issues outlined above can knock it down to C-tier.

Starmie
I am not sure if I am missing something, but I don't see Starmie in S or A. The problem comes from the fact that you have backtrack for it twice; first one is to DST trick Water Stone and second one is for Rain Dance (which you need to sweep Chuck). Not to mention that you need to buy Thunder early on to sweep Chuck and Pryce. Then, you have the issue of Slow growth rate. Its E4 performance was mostly okay, it sweeping Lance if lucky felt awesome, though I am not factoring that too much in. I think B-tier might be more appropriate due to the investment required to make it great, though A *could* work. It's certainly one tier above Chinchou and certainly not lower than B.

Girafarig
Honestly, I kind of want to say A-tier on this, though I could live with B. PB Return with Friend Ball is incredibly good and it's basically Miltank and Tauros without the leveling issues. Confusion means that it can deal with Ghosts and Rock-types much better than them, in fact. It sucks against Jasmine, though almost every other matchup tends to be good for it, though it won't sweep most of the E4 members. All in all, I think a case for A can be made here (rather than in HGSS, where Normal-types aren't as strong). It being good for Silver also helps, since it only struggles with Magnemite pre-VR (at which point you can teach EQ if you don't have anything else that wants it).

major edits: turns out that I forgot that Surf was required to reach the Green Apricorn (thought that you can also access it through Mt .Mortar normally) since I had to hack in my Girafarig. However, you can TM it Strength early on and teach Return for the end-game, though you can probably do fine with Strength as well. Not sure if this will affect its final ranking.

My next plans are to do a bunch of runs with stone evos that you cannot evolve in GS, like Weepinbell, Staryu, etc. I will post all of them in bulk, but I don't expect any of them to make it to higher than D-tier.

e: turns out I was reading the Ilex Forest one for Golduck, the Route 35 one actually appears at levels 20-24. Still requires small grinding, though not as much. B seems more plausible now, but will let other people decide.

Last edited:
I’m posting the logs that I had. I am still having technical issues with my computer so I’ll be doing VC runs till I get it resolved. Had to do this all on mobile which is a pretty big chore.

I did level grind around Pryce as my levels would be just entering 30’s at Clair. The fourth member will have its logs posted at a much later date.

Rocky (9): Unfortunately, unlike it's HGSS counterpart, it takes a big fat L here. You are at the mercy of Mud Slaps and a single use Screech isn't enough to turn a Tackle into a 2HKO on Pidgey. You can take down Pidgey but you'll be at a -3 Accuracy by then, meaning you won't hit Otto at all. Bad MU

Poliwag (10): First off, it's a Poliwag. Does squat with Bubble. It 3-4HKOs Pidgey (make sure to sleep it first) and 7HKOs Otto (Never saw this so I am making an assumption based off the 5th Bubble). Bad MU

Bugsy:
Onix (15): Rock Throw is a 2HKO on both Cocoon mons. Under a Screech, Scyther is an OHKO. Amazing MU. Note: Rocky cannot do this. It will disobey you, it is advised to catch a high level Onix in Union Cave and train it to level 14.

Poilwag (15): Water Gun is a 3HKO on each Cocoon. Hard L on Scyhter as Hypnosis is very unreilable here and Water Gun was at 5 uses and Scyther was still in the Green.

Silver:

Onix (15): OHKOs Gastly and Zubat with Rock Throw. Croc is a lol.

Poliwag (15): Water Gun is a 3HKO on Gastly and Zubat. Croc is lol.

Celf Metronome shenanigans here:
Test 1: Perish Song
Test 2: Mach Punch
Test 3: Fire Blast
Test 4: Hi Jump Kick
Test 5: Icy Wind
Test 6: Synthesis
Test 7: Poison Gas
Test 8: Aeroblast
Whitney:

Pinsir (18): It can sweep, but you have to bank on Rollout to miss you once. I would have liked to have Pinsir at 19 to have Harden to lessen the damage but ran out of trainers (I used Lucky Egg for the first few levels to about 16). Moving on. Fury Cutter is a 3HKO on Clefairy which allows you to put Miltank in killing range on the 5th hit. It might be advisable to be abit lower leveled than me to enable the 5th Fury Cutter to hit Miltank and possible OHKO. Good MU

Onix (20): You have to Screech obviously. Screech x1 on Clefairy turns it into a 2HKO with Rock Throw. I decided to go and Screech x2 on Miltank which turned Rock Throw into a 3HKO. Whitney cannot do anything to you outside of Metronome. Note: Screech 3 times to put Rock Throw down to a 2HKO. Good MU.

Poliwag (19): Pretty terrible. The Wag phase is horrifically bad and worse than a Gastly one. Water Gun is a 5HKO on Clefairy while an estimated 8-10HKO on Tank, I say estimated by just looking at the damage it did. Abysmal MU

Morty:
Steelix (25 w/ Mint Berry): Dig OHKOs all the Haunters and Gastly. It is a 2HKO on Gengar. Mint Berry is there for Gengar's Hypnosis as the others tend to go for Lick (pray you don't get paralyzed) or Mean Look + Curse. It sweeps but it's shaky. Good.

Poliwrath (25 w/Mint Berry): Easily the best sweeper here. Surf is an OHKO on Gastly, 2HKO on Haunters (OHKO under Rain), and is an amazing 2HKO on Gengar (Under Rain). You don't outspeed Gengar but you do on all the others. You will absolutely need to set up Rain and the best option is on Gastly. You'll also need to preserve the Mint Berry for Gengar. Good.

Pinsir (21): Lol

Chuck:
Pinsir (27 w/Mint Berry): He sweep, he scores. It is an incredibly easy Sweep too. Originally I tried to use PB Strength (this is a 2HKO on Ape and a 3HKO on Wrath) but you flat out lose to Wrath's Surf. Fury Cutter KOs Ape on the 4th usage and put Wrath to a 2HKO with 5th (If you miss the second one, just use Strength to clean up. Will KO.) Mint Berry was used for Hypnosis. Amazing MU.

Poliwrath (28 w/Mint Berry): Originally tried with PB Return (It hits about as hard as Strength. 6 Power less at the current time). It sweeps albeit a bit shaky. Use Rain Dance to put Ape into a 2HKO with Surf. Ape will mostly likely go for a Leer but I have seen it go for Chop or Swipes. Leer was more common though. Poliwrath is pretty much the definition of a Mirror Match. Spam Hypnosis till it lands. Chuck will use a Full Heal allowing you to smack with a Return. Spam Hypnosis and Return to win. It's pretty long unfortunately but it works. Good MU.

Steelix (27 w/ Soft Sand). Abysmal. You can lost to Ape's Karate Chop. Screech + Dig is a 2HKO. Wrath just OHKOs with Surf. Bad MU.

Jasmine:

Poliwrath (28 w/PRZCureberry(29 with 1 Candy)): The PRZCure is there for TWave or Tbolt Paralysis. At 28, under Rain, Surf OHKOs Mags, however it is a range on Steelix. If you do not kill, she will set up Sunny Day and then Hyper Potion. Just reset the Rain and use 2 Surfs. You are 2HKO'd by Tbolt. At 29, the range on Steelix is gone.

Pinsir: Hard L. You really can't do anything here. Magnemite pretty much beats you.

Steelix (27 w/ Soft Sand): Steelix redeems itself. Dig is an OHKO on Mags (be careful of Supersonic). For Jasmine's Steelix, Screech twice and hit it with Dig for a 2HKO. She doesn't threaten you at all but be careful of the Iron Tail defense drops

Pryce:
Pinsir (32 w/Pink Bow): Sweeps. Spam Fury Cutter. Cutter is a 3HKO on Seel, while Dewgong takes the remaining 2. Once Pilo comes out, it is OHKO'd by Fury Cutter 5. Optionally, Strength is a 2HKO on Seel and Dewgong, while a 3HKO on Pilo. Be wary as you will need to heal if you go this route. Amazing MU

Wrath (32 w/Pink Bow): Return is a 2HKO on Seel, 3HKO on Dewgong, and Surf is an OHKO On Pilo from Rain Boosted Surf (it will go for Mist turn 1). Amazing MU

Steelix (32 w/Soft Sand): Sweeps as well. You may need to heal. Dig is a 2HKO on Seel. Screech + Iron Tail is an OHKO on Dewgong. Iron Tail by itself is an OHKO on Pilo.

Clair:

Poliwrath (36 w/PRZCureberry) Can Sweep. You need to use PRZCureBerry and Hypnosis. If you can sleep the Nairs Turn 1, they are 2HKO's by Ice Punch. Kingdra is a 4HKO on Return but Clair like to use Hyper Potion and Full Heal so really an 8HKO. While I wouldn't say this is a great MU, it did sweep her once so it has the capabilities.

Pinsir (37 w/PRZCureberry): Also has the potential to sweep surprisingly. You have to bank on Clair using TWave once and Surf twice on her first Nair. If she does this, Nair 1 is a 4HKO from Fury Cutter, while everything is, including Kingdra, is an OHKO at Fury Cutter 5. You outspeed all of them if not paralyzed.

Steelix (36 w/Soft Sand): Surf just OHKOs you.

My current thoughts are:

Pinsir to B. It could have a case for C but I’ll need to get this run done if I can.

Wrath to C/B. Honestly, once I got Wrath it just started dominating with Rain boosted Surf. But getting there was horrid. The Morty MU helps it achieve C at the very worst. If you decide to skip Wag and get Whirl, you miss out on Morty and have to level up to 27 to get Rain Dance (which is absolutely necessary. The Rain Dance TM is a backtrack and shouldn’t really be given to a mom who gets the move naturally well within the actual main game). I hoping for B if I can get the run back.

Steelix to C/B. Steelix has been a bit rough. Onix in this game is worse than its HGSS counterpart and you are better off getting a Union Cave one. Rocky disobeys starting at 11 meaning you can lose to Bugsy (Poison Sting and Fury Cutter). It’s Falkner MU is also terrible.

Finished my run. Probably shound't have used both Vulpix and Stantler because grinding is painfull as they are found on the same route but they were pretty interesting to test especially Stantler.

Falkner (12) : 2HKO Pidgey and 3/4HKO Pidgeotto. Mud Slap is a bit annoying but that should be a win.
Bugsy (17/18) : OHKO cocoons and Scyther does paltry damagew hile getting 3HKOed. Easy win.
Silver 2 (19) : Easily beats Gastly and Zubat. Croconaw is impossible to get through.
Whitney (21) : Clefairy is 4HKOed and doesn't do much back. Miltank takes too few damages and will just outspeed and destroy Quilava with Rollout or Stomp.
Silver 3 (22) : Outspeed and 2HKO Haunter with Ember. Flee Croconaw. 2HKO Magnemite (might OHKO with Charcoal) and 2HKO Zubat. Pretty nice as it easily wins agains everything but starter.
Morty (25) : Outspeed and OHKO Gastly and Haunter. Gengar outspeeds but gets 2HKOed by Dig so it's a win most of the time with a Mint Berry. Haunter 2 is 2HKOed. Pretty nice with Dig.
Chuck (31) : Flame Wheel 2HKOes Primeape but you do nothing to Poliwrath.
Jasmine (31) : OHKO Magnemite with Flame Wheel and 2HKO Steelix while taking half from Rock Throw. A clear and easy win.
Pryce (31) : Seel is a 4HKO and will outstall with Rest and same for Dewgong. Piloswine is 2HKOed and doesn't do anything back.
Silver 4 (33) : 3HKO Golbat. Flee Ferraligatr. OHKO Magnemite. 2HKO Haunter and Sneasel. Alright but it's clearly too weak.
Clair (38) : Can only beat a non-Surf Dragonair if lucky as it 4HKOes.
Silver 5 (40) : Outspeed and OHKO Sneasel. Feraligatr is 2HKOed by Thunder Punch and does a third with Water Gun. Magneton and Haunter are OHKOed by Fire Punch and Kadabra 2HKOed but uses Future Sight anyway. Amazing match.
Will (40) : 2HKO Xatu with Fire/Thunder Punch. Slowbro is 2HKOed but will usually gets 3HKOed as it goes for Amnesia. Exeggutor and Jynx are a range with Fire Punch. Pretty good as it can hope taking down 4 mons (it can't take 3 Psychic).
Koga (40) : OHKO the bugs. Crobat is 2HKOed and Muk is 3HKOed. That's a solid win.
Bruno (41) : Fire Punch doesn't 2HKO Hitmontop so I used Fire Punch and Sunny Day on Dig. Then Onix got 2HKOed and set up Sandstorm. Sadly, Typhlosion was unable to take 2 Mach Punch afterwards and was koed. Otherwise, it can't take down both Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee.
Karen (41) : 4HKO Umbreon. 2HKO Vileplume and Murkrow. Outspeed and OHKO Gengar if it uses Curse. Does nothing to Houndoom. Sadly, it can't set up Sunny Day to help as Umbreon is going to hax and Houndoom is the next switch in. Still pretty good as like Stantler, it can take down up to 4 mons.
Lance (41) : Outspeed and 2HKO Gyarados and Charizard.

Falkner (12) : Wins against Pidgey by 7HKOing with Tackle. But, it does nothing to Pidgeotto that 3HKOes with Gust.
Bugsy (18) : Can rarely beat Scyther 1v1 if Comet Punch has lots of hits but Scyther 5HKOes with Fury Attack and Quick Attack. And, if it takes 2 attacks from Metapod or Kakuna, Scyther will 4HKO. Quite bad seeing the type advantage and evolution.
Silver 2 (18) : Only beats Zubat. It can't hit Gastly and Crocronaw barely takes damages.
Whitney (21) : Even Clefairy is hard to get past lol.
Silver 3 (22) : I tried giving it Dig just for this battle it 3HKOes Haunter. I forgot to try Magnemite. It can beat both Croconaw and Zubat, 3HKOing and 2HKOing respectively with Thunder Punch. Not that bad.
Morty (25) : 2HKO Gastly and Haunter with Dig. If equiped with a Mint Berry, it can beat Gengar and Haunter 2 64% of the time. Alright as it can take down either the signature mon and Haunter.
Chuck (30) : It struggles to get past Primeape that does a lot with Fury Swipes. Poliwrath is 3HKOed by Thunder Punch so it should be beaten. Worse than expected due to the type advantage.
Pryce (32) : Can take down Seel and Dewgong (outsped despite the speed drop) with a 2HKO and 3HKO respectively.
Silver 4 (34) : Golbat isn't 2HKOed and 2HKO with Wing Attack. 3HKO Ferraligatr. 2HKO Haunter thanks to Curse. Range to 4HKO Sneasel.
Clair (38) : Can beat Dragonair 1 and Dragonair 3 easily. Thunderbolt and para will be too much tho and Kingdra is unkillable.
Silver 5(40) : Outspeed and 4HKO Sneasel. Feraligatr is a 3HKO and uses Slash. Sadly, it can't 2HKO Haunter and gets 2HKOed by SHadow Ball as a result if it uses. Curse is free tho. Kadabra is 3HKOed by Ice/Thunder Punch and goes for Future Sight. Alright as it can beat Sneasel+Rival but still not too good.
Will (40) : 2HKO Xatu and Exeggutor with NVI Ice Punch. But, as it can't take 3 Psychic, it can only beat either the two Xatu or Xatu +Exeggutor. It can beat Slowbro 1v1 as it 3HKOes while Body Slam 3HKOes.
Koga (40) : 3HKO Ariados and 4HKO Venomoth that do nothing back. 4HKO Foretress but it's going to explode. Muk is too much and Crobat OHKOes with Wing Attack.
Koga (40) : Only beats Hitmonlee (Even Quick Attack from Hitmontop is too much).
Karen (40) : Umbreon is going to hax to death. Beats confortably Vileplume and Gengar.
Lance (40) : Everything OHKO with Hyper Beam.

Whitney (21) : Can sometimes get past Clefairy according to what it uses as it 4HKOes with Ember. Miltank is obviously too much.
Silver 3(22) : 2HKO Haunter as it uses Curse. Flee Croconaw. 2HKO Magnemite. Only beats Haunter and either Magnemite or Zubat due to Sonic Boom doing actually a lot.
Morty (25) : Outspeed and 2HKO Gastly. Outspeed and 2HKO Haunter. Gengar is impossible to get through as it 2HKOes with Shadow Ball. Haunter 2 is a speed tie but it only gets 4HKOed and 3HKOes.
Chuck (31) : Outspeed and 2HKO Primeape with Flamethrower. Poliwrath OHKOes with Surf.
Jasmine (31) : OHKO Magnemite and 2HKO Steelix while taking a Rock Throw. Clear win.
Pryce (31) : Just like Quilava, it only beats Piloswine.
Silver 4 (33) : Can't beat Golbat as it 3HKOes and gets 2HKOed back. Avoid Ferraligatr. OHKO Magnemite. 2HKO Haunter (that uses Curse) and Sneasel.
Clair (38) : Nop, it just loses to everything.
Silver 5 (40) : Outspeed and OHKO Sneasel and Magneton. Avoid Ferraligatr. 3HKO Golbat as it can't 2HKO back. Kadabra is a 2HKO and only uses Future Sight. It 2HKOes Haunter that mostly goes for Curse. Sadly, it can only beat Sneasel, Magneton, Golbat and Haunter as Curse wll be too much for Kadabra, still great.
Will (40) : Only beats Exeggutor, 2HKOing it wile barely taking a Psychic.
Koga (40) : 2HKO Ariados and Venomoth and OHKO Foretress. Muk OHKOes with Sludge Bomb and Crobat is only 5HKOed by Flamethrower and 2HKO with Wing Attack (and is going to hax anyway). Alright as it can take down with ease the 3 bug-types.
Bruno (40) : Nop.
Karen (40) : Umbreon is going to hax and 4HKOes with Faint Attack. It can take down both Vileplume and Gengar (both 2HKOed, Gengar after Curse).
Lance (40) : Nop

Whitney (21) : Clefairy is 2HKoed by Headbutt and can get flinched. Stantler 3HKOes Miltank and can take 4 Rollout +4 Doubleslap. Amazing considering it's Whitney and you can always put Miltank to sleep if needed.
Silver 3 (22) : Flee Gastly. 3HKO Croconaw that does a lot. Magnemite is nearly 2HKOed by Headbutt (might have been a 2HKO with Pink Bow but it doesn't matter anyway). OHKO Zubat.
Chuck (31) : Stomp 2HKOes and 3HKOes Poliwrath with Pink Bow (might be a range on both and Return is less powerful than Stomp otherwise it would probably OHKO and 2HKO). It can flinch and take a DynamicPunch so it's slighty better than Raticate.
Jasmine (31) : Range to 2HKO Mangemite with Return. Only 3HKOed by Thunderbolt so can sometimes take down both Magnemite.
Pryce (31) : OHKO Seel and 2HKO Dewgong. Range to 2HKO Piloswine but it easily takes Aurora Beam+ Fury Attack+ Blizard so you're favored and Piloswine attacks randomly. Pretty nice and better than Raticate.
Silver 4 (33) : 2HKO Golbat. Ferraligatr is 3HKOed and can't do much back.Avoid Magnemite and Haunter.
Clair (38) : Dragonair uses Thunder Wave and aren't OHKOed so it sucks. It beats Kingdra 1v1 as it 2HKOes with Return so that's really strong.
Silver 5 (40) : Outspeed and OHKO Sneasel. Magneton and Haunter are OHKOed by Earthquake. Golbat and Feraligatr are 2HKOed and do nothing back. Kadabra is OHKOed. Clear win
Will (40) : Outspeed and 2HKO Xatus. OHKO Jynx. Exeggutor is 2HKOed and can get beaten 1v1 but Stantler can't take a Psyhic from Xatu and one from Exeggutor.
Koga (41) : 2HKO Ariados, flee Foretress, 2HKO Venomoth and Crobat with Return. Muk is 2HKOed by Return (or 2 Earthquake if it uses Acid Armor).
Bruno (41) : 2HKO Hitmontop with Return + Earthquake, OHKO Hitmonlee and 2HKO Hitmonchan as it can't 2HKO with Mach Punch. Onix will then OHKO with Earthquake, being only 2HKOed by your own but still taking down 3 mons considering the type disadvantage is great. Machamp isn't 2HKOed and OHKOes with Cross Chop.
Karen (41) : 3HKO Umbreon, 2HKO Vileplume, OHKO Gengar with Earthquake and Murkrow with Return. It can take a Flamethrower from Houndoom but can't OHKO back. Pretty nice as if lucky enough, it can take down four mons living Faint Attack+Petal Dance+ Faint Attack.
Lance (41) : Outspeed and 2HKO Gyarados with Return. Sadly, Dragonite are 3HKOed and 2HKO with Twister+Hyper Beam or 2 THunder/Blizzard. You can only ko Gyara and put a dent on a mon (you can take a Flamethrower from CHarizard for instance).

Clair (40) : Dragonair were close to OHKOed by Sharp Beak Aeroblast (I had 8 DVs so I guess with at least 10 the OHKO was guaranteed). Kingdra is 2HKOed. Seeing as how bulky Lugia is, it's an easy win (Thunderbolt from Dragonair only 5HKOed lol) thanks to Recover.
Silver 5 (40) : Outspeed and OHKO Sneasel, Magneton (with Earthquake), Haunter and Kadabra. Golbat and Feraligatr are 2HKOed by Aeroblast and do nothing back. Clean sweep.
Will (40) : Gave Lugia Shadow Ball and that's a clean sweep. Xatu are outsped 2HKOed and do nothing. Jynx is outsped and OHKOed. Slowbro is 3HKOed but only uses Amnesia. Exeggutor is 2HKOed by Shadow Ball and OHKOed by Aeroblast. Clean win.
Koga (40) : Aeroblast OHKOes Ariados and Venomoth. Against Foretress, I used Aeroblast and then 4 Earthquake while using Recover to avoid Explosion. Muk is 2HKOed by Earthquake and Crobat by Aeroblast. It's Koga so there is the luck factor but still Lugia will be able to win without an item most of the time.
Bruno (41) : Aeroblast OHKO every fight type even Machamp. Onix is 2HKOed by Earthquake and does nothing with Rock Slide. Easy win.
Karen (42) : Umbreon is 3HKOed by AeroBlast. Murkrow, Vileplume get OHKOed. Gengar is OHKOed by Earthquake. Needs a bit of luck but another nice win.
Lance (42) : 3HKO Gyarados and Charizard with Fly. Dragonite are 2HKOed by NVI Icy Wind. Aero too. It needs a Full Restore to heal paralysis and beat Aerodactyl by outspeeding after Icy Wind but wow impressive match. Aeroadactyl doesn't even 2HKO with Rock Slide and Dragonite 1 and 2 do around 35-40% with Thunder/Blizzard while lvl 50 Dragonite's Outrage is easy to heal on. Aerodactyl is near impossible without healing but even then beating 5 mons as healing with Recover is easy is amazing especially considering how hard Lance can be.

Now onto the ranks :

Cyndaquil is B-tier. Typhlosion was pretty good but can't be in the same tier as Magmar. It has a great early game until Whitney. It was fairly long as a Quilava until it got Flame Wheel (and still it had the same power as Flamethrower from Vulpix). It had losing matchup to Whitney, Chuck and somewhat Pryce (it at least won against Piloswine so that's alright). Clair was obviously hard but it's the case most of the time. The Elite 4 was good, as it put a lot of work against Will, wins against Koga most of the time, kills 2 mons against Bruno and 3/4 against Karen. Despite the type disadvantage, it could take down both Gyarados and Charizard against Lance, which is nice. Overall, Cyndaquil was a solid pick but had too many bad gym performance to warrant A-tier and fits perfectly in B-tier.

Ledyba is D-tier (although I'm on the fence with E-tier). This thing was extremly bad and quite hard to train. However, it reminds me Paras in Leaf Green in the sense it had some good match. If given Dig, it could take down Gengar most of the time and the second Haunter against Morty. It could also take down Chuck's Poliwrath which is pretty cool. Against Pryce and Clair, it could take down 2 mons helping a lot and sometimes win against Bugsy's Scyther. The Elite 4 was pretty bad but it could beat 1 or 2 mons per game which is always a plus. I think that between being an early encounter that levels up really quickly and doing well in certain battles, this could be D-tier, even though I wouldn't mind E-tier because i was quite frankly bad. This will probably need more tests but it had its uses.

Vulpix is D-tier (but like Ledyba I could also see it in E-tier). Using a pre-evo the whole game is obviously bad but it learnt Flamethrower rather quickly. Outright winning against Jasmine by itself without neeeding any TM could make it D-tier by itself. But, adding to that, it could take down Gastly and Haunter 1 from Morty and Piloswine from Chuck. Koga was also alright as it easily killed the bug-types and it could deal with both Vileplume and Gengar from Karen. That's why I think it would be alright in D-tier.

Stantler was really fun to use and deserves B-tier. In spite of its hard loss against Morty, Stntler felt like a better Raticate, outspeeding the same stuff while being slightly more powerfull (and that mattered sometimes). Beating Whitney was probably his main selling point but it still puts a lot of work afterwards. While Jasmine was bad, the other gyms were pretty good. Chuck was beatable between potentially OHKOing Primeape and 2HKOing Poliwrath and the ability to flinch. The ability to win 1v1 against Kingdra from Clair is amazing. The Elite 4 was quite good as it could take down at least 3 mons in each battle. Lance was harder but that's Lance and beating Gyarados without losing health is good. All in all, Stantler was a great Normal-types that should be in the same tier as Raticate.

Lugia was truly amazing and despite coming late, I think it deserves A-tier. Lugia just easily won each battle without too much troubles. Clair was a solid win (which is fantastic due to how hard she can be). The Elite 4 outside of Koga that can hax was really easy, especially Will and Bruno. Lance was a bit harder but being able to beat reliably 5 mons without healing and the whole team if given a Full Restore is incredible. It's true Lugia required several TMs but few things use Icy Wind anyway. It's a bit more annoying for Earthquake because some Normal-types like Tauros or Stantler may use it but Lugia was a great user of it and except for Karen's Gengar and Bruno's Onix, Normal-types are just as good without Earthquake. It also ned 2 Elixir (I guess it may be possible with one with better PP Management I guess as Fly should do well for Bruno). However, I think the ability to clearly win in each battle reliably is enough to push it to A-tier despite being only available in late-game. Really Lugia has the right combination of movepool, power, bulk and ability to outstall Lance and it's possibly the best ending-game mon outside of Kadabra/Alakazam. Jynx was excellent but Lugia just takes things to a whole new level.

Going to use Chikorita, Spinarak, Teddiursa, Magnemite and Suicune next.

Turdterra It might be better to get a Poliwhirl or Poliwag at L20 using the Good Rod. By doing so, you avoid a lot of time as Poliwag and a lot of matchups where they'd be little help. The same is true for Wooper incidentally, something I know first hand from my test.

Zebes Cyndaquil can nuke Pryce if you have Fury Cutter or Rollout on them, and I notice you didn't teach them Fire Blast or Sunny Day. If you used both, you'd be OHKOing all of Will's Pokemon minus Slowbro (actually, you don't need Sunny Day here, Fire Blast one-shots alone), OHKOing all of Bruno's Pokemon (yes, even Machamp!), OHKOing all of KOga's Pokemon minus Muk (Crobat can be annoying though), and 2HKOing Karen's Umbreon. If you're not teaching them Sunny Day + Fire Blast, you're really not using them at their best.

Last edited:
Turdterra It might be better to get a Poliwhirl or Poliwag at L20 using the Good Rod.

By doing so, you avoid a lot of time as Poliwag and a lot of matchups where they'd be little help.
You can’t get a Poliwhirl by fishing to my knowledge. Only Poliwag at 20. Even then, you’ll pretty much be at that level too. You also wanna use Return eventually as it enables some sweeping. Surf and Strength is way to cloggy on a Pokemon that does need Ice Punch for Clair at least.

You can’t get a Poliwhirl by fishing to my knowledge. Only Poliwag at 20. Even then, you’ll pretty much be at that level too. You also wanna use Return eventually as it enables some sweeping. Surf and Strength is way to cloggy on a Pokemon that does need Ice Punch for Clair at least.
Whoops, my bad, you're right (you can get Poliwhirl by Surfing, though that's too late for the Mort).

Getting Return is gonna be a chore if you get a fresh Poliwhirl, though in my playthroughs Surf + Rain Dance + Hypnosis + Strength is more than good enough to cover you till you get Submission as Wrath. No boss you encounter in Johto appreciates being hit by these, in spite of 70 Sp. Atk. Beating Pryce earlier can further help you boost that Sp. Atk and Rain-boosted Surfs, and you can remove Strength upon getting to Blackthorn.

Edit: You don't need Ice Punch before that, truthfully - Jasmine, Pryce, and Chuck don't care for it, and Surf in all cases is far better. Only the Rival's Meganium is hit much harder by it than anything else you've got, and I'd consider that a bad matchup at any rate. If you're using Cyndaquil or Totodile for some reason, that also happens to be a non-issue.

Turdterra It might be better to get a Poliwhirl or Poliwag at L20 using the Good Rod. By doing so, you avoid a lot of time as Poliwag and a lot of matchups where they'd be little help. The same is true for Wooper incidentally, something I know first hand from my test.

Zebes Cyndaquil can nuke Pryce if you have Fury Cutter or Rollout on them, and I notice you didn't teach them Fire Blast or Sunny Day. If you used both, you'd be OHKOing all of Will's Pokemon minus Slowbro (actually, you don't need Sunny Day here, Fire Blast one-shots alone), OHKOing all of Bruno's Pokemon (yes, even Machamp!), OHKOing all of KOga's Pokemon minus Muk (Crobat can be annoying though), and 2HKOing Karen's Umbreon. If you're not teaching them Sunny Day + Fire Blast, you're really not using them at their best.
Thanks for the input. I tried both Rollout and Sunny Day+Fire Blast.

Rollout definitely made Pryce better. However, it was still not a clear win. Seel used Icy Wind to cause a speed drop then used Headbutt while getting 3HKOed by Rollout. Sadly, afterwards Dewgong outsped and could flinch with Heabutt (I tried multiples times and it happened a lot) or Rollout could miss. It was most of the time a death sentence as Quilava ned to hit 3 times through Headbutt to ko Dewgong. Piloswine was still outsped tho and easily beaten by the 5th Rollout. Seel always used Icy Wind turn one and that made things way harder. I guess it's a 70% win rate as Icy Wind can not cause a speed drop and Dewgong may go for Rest the third time. Still, it's not a 100% reliable win like Magmar.

I was thinking of Fire Blast (and even Solar Beam but that's just bad outside of hitting Slowbro) for the elite 4 but ultimately didn't use it. Fire Blast made Will easier. First Xatu was OHKOed and second one was a range. I tried this at level 42 and Exeggutor and Jynx were always OHKOed by FIre Punch which was great. Will was definitely improved but between Fire Blast missing and second Xatu being a range and potentially using COnfuse Ray, it wasn't a guaranteed win sadly as Psyhic from Slowbro+confusion+another Psychic koes.

Koga was the same tbh and it didn't need Fire Blast because even with Fire Punch it's a solid win.

Bruno, while better still wasn't perfect. I used Fire Punch, Sunny Day on Dig and then killed Hitmontop. Onix was OHKOed by Fire Blast. Sadly, at level 43 Machamp wasn't OHKOed by Fire Blast and Dig+Rock Slide was close to OHKOing. Then the Sun faded and Hitmonlee which could take a Fire Blast koed Typhlosion. Still it was pretty good to take down 3 things, including the signature mon but sadly it wasn't a win and Fire Blast could miss.

Lance was the same and except for OHKOing Karen's Vileplume, there weren't any differences.

I still think Cyndaquil deserves B-tier (but I'm going to edit my post as Pryce and Elite 4 were better thanks again for the advices). It's obviously strong and a good mon to use but not as consistent as something like Spearow or Totodile. Comparing it to Magmar would make sense as they are both strong fire-types. They have the same good matchup against Jasmine, Will and Koga. However, Magmar is way easier to train thanks to having Fire Punch right of the bat as well as ThunderPunch. This makes Morty, Chuck and Pryce free unlike Quilava. Magmar has no troubles whatsoever against them, outspeeding and 2HKOing Morty's Gengar, 2HKOing both Primeape and Poliwrath, actually outspeeding Dewgong in spite of speed drop and OHKOing Piloswine. Rival was also way better as Magmar can bypass Croconaw/Feraligatr easily with ThunderPunch. It's harder for Quilava as it had a 64% chance to win against Morty, can't hope to defeat Poliwrath, doesn't always win against Pryce and hardly loses to Croconaw/Feraligatr (well except the last battle). This is a problem I had with Cyndaquil, wich is consistency, it wasn't a 100% win against Morty and Pryce and it had to rely on Fire Blast for the Elite 4. Missing is pretty bad against Will due to Confuse Ray and means you only take down 2 mons instead of 3 against Bruno. Adding to that, it ned several contested TMs. Rollout is alright as only Geodude (possible Miltank I guess) would use it but Dig has many users, especially Normal-types like Raticate that has better odds of defeating Morty. Fire Blast was pretty expensive and you can only get it in late-game. Coming earlier than Magmar didn't matter too much because Falkner isn't the most important and while beating Bugsy was nice, consistency against Morty, Pryce and a clear win against Chuck more than make up for it. Overall, Cyndaquil was obviously good and a great starter to pick but between needing several tms, average mid-game performance outside of Jasmine and actually being a bit hard to train before getting Flame Wheel, B-tier is more fitting for it. Performance wise I see it as closer to Tauros than Totodile or Spearow.

MasterLemon : Really nice work, was cool to see. I haven't used some mons like Snorlax in ages but it was cool that you view it as something strong. Really looking forward to using all these things and compare !

Onto my run, pre-assumption is that Chikorita is C-tier, Spinarak D-tier, Teddiursa A/B-tier (really want to test this as it's possibly the best normal-type), Magnemite C-tier and Suicune B-tier (Aurora Beam is great but unlike Lugia it doesn't have Recover).

Whoops, my bad, you're right (you can get Poliwhirl by Surfing, though that's too late for the Mort).

Getting Return is gonna be a chore if you get a fresh Poliwhirl, though in my playthroughs Surf + Rain Dance + Hypnosis + Strength is more than good enough to cover you till you get Submission as Wrath. No boss you encounter in Johto appreciates being hit by these, in spite of 70 Sp. Atk. Beating Pryce earlier can further help you boost that Sp. Atk and Rain-boosted Surfs, and you can remove Strength upon getting to Blackthorn.

Edit: You don't need Ice Punch before that, truthfully - Jasmine, Pryce, and Chuck don't care for it, and Surf in all cases is far better. Only the Rival's Meganium is hit much harder by it than anything else you've got, and I'd consider that a bad matchup at any rate. If you're using Cyndaquil or Totodile for some reason, that also happens to be a non-issue.
Return started beating out Strength around Jasmine. So ideally you’d only be using Strength for one MU if you went the Poliwag route (which I heavily recommend if you want to sweep Morty as Rain Dance is a necessity, otherwise you have to wait 7 levels for Rain Dance in Whirl) Ice Punch is only ever used on Clair and Lance so you are right and not needing it till that point. I also forgot the move deleter was in Blackthorn.

This run had many unexpected factors. I was going to use the 5 mons I mentionned but then I somehow encountered Raikou, while trying to find a Miltank/Tauros for HM Slave and caught it (the emulator helped in that regard). Not much of a problem as it doesn't require any training. But then, when I tried to get the Rain Dance tm, I encountered Entei lol. Just like Raikou, it wasn't a big deal as it comes at level 40. Still, pretty funny to find both Raikou and Entei in the same run when i was planning to use Suicune. I played once the Elite 4 quickly with Ariados, then loaded the previous save file to use the team of Meganium, Ursaring, Magneton and the legendaries dogs. I had to use cheats to get Sunny Day/Rain Dance and Fire Blast/Thunder on them because I didn't plan to use either. In my next run, I'll try both Entei and Raikou in Morty gym and Chuck/Jasmine/Pryce/Clair for Entei to give an appropriate rank.

Anyway, here are the logs :

Falkner (12) : Easily beats Pidgey but despite Reflect, it can't hope to beat Pidgeotto as it outspeeds and is only 6HKOed by Razor Leaf.

Bugsy (17) : Only beat Metapod and Kakuna.

Rival (17) : 3HKO Gastly with Razor Leaf and 4HKO Zubat due to Leech Seed. Quilava is obviously too much, it nearly 3HKOes and only gets 5HKOed back while outspeeding.

Whitney (21) : This fight was really weird. Clefairy is 3HKOed and Miltank is 4HKOed. Considering Bayleef can set up Reflect on Clefairy and Razor Leaf has a high crit rate, it's winnable even though if Miltank starts using Rollout without missing it wins. Depends on Clefairy too (and Metronome picked moves like Sacred Fire and Aeroblast lol). Pretty good as you beat Clefairy and can weaken heavily Miltank and sometimes win with luck.

Rival (23) : Haunter uses Curse and still take 3 Razor Leaf. Quilava 3HKOes with Ember and Headbutt is only a 4HKO (might be my speed here as my Bayleef seems pretty slow). Outspeed and 4HKO Magnemite. Range to 2HKO Zubat. Can at least beat Magnemite+Zubat+Haunter most of the time if it doesn't take damages from confusion.

Morty (25) : Gastly and Haunter are 2HKOed by Razor Leaf after Curse. Gengar is too much and Haunter 2 wins if it attacks.

Chuck (33) : Outspeed and 3HKO Primeape. 2HKO Poliwrath. Solid win (unless real unluck like Hypnosis and confusion hitting too much but that's unlikely) as you outspeed and barely take damages.

Jasmine (33) : Magnemite are killable but too annoying with para. Steelix is 3HKOed by Razor Leaf and you can always use Reflect. Alright as you can take down the main mon.

Pryce (33) : OHKO Seel, 2HKO Dewgong and Piloswine with Miracle Seed Razor Leaf while being able to take Aurora Beam + Blizzard. Solid win (it can even take Aurora Beam from Seel+Dewgong+Blizzard).

Rival (34) : Beats either Golbat or Quilava if needed. Magnemite is 4HKOed but para is annoying. Haunter is 2HKOed after Curse. Sneasel is 3HKOed by Razor Leaf.

Clair (38) : Clair is really messy as Kingdra is a range for the 4HKO with Razor Leaf and only 6HKOes itself. The problem is between Smokescreen and Dragon Breath paralysing, hitting isn't too easy. Meganium can win most of the time if Kingdra uses Hyper Beam because Clair won't be able to use Hyper Potion. Pretty hasardous fight that is winnable around 40% of the time.

Rival (41) : Outspeed and 2HKO Sneasel. Can beat one of Typhlosion or Golbat by outspeeding and 3HKOing with Body Slam. 2HKO Haunter with Razor Leaf as it uses Curse. Outspeed and OHKO Kadabra with Body Slam. Magneton is 5HKOed and para is annoying as usual.

Will (42) : It can only reliably beat Slowbro which is 2HKOed by Razor Leaf as it can't take 3 Psyhic from Exeggutor and only 4/5HKO it.

Koga (42) : Body Slam 3HKOes Ariados and Venomoth so you can beat both.

Bruno (42) : Pink Bow Body Slam 3HKOes Hitmontop which does nothing with Quick Attack, Body Slam 3HKOes Hitmonchan and 2HKOes Hitmonlee. Surprisingly, it can take the 3 mons as it takes 4 Quick Attack + 2 Fire Punch + High Jump Kick and then beat Onix or set up Reflect against Machamp. Better than expected and quite good.

Karen (42) : Umbreon is going to cheese, Houndoom nearly OHKOes. It beats Vileplume 1v1 4HKOing with Body Slam. Murkro is 2HKOed by Body Slam. With a bit of luck, it can actually take down both. Alternatively, setting up Light Screen helps tremendously against Houndoom.

Lance (42) : Outspeed and 4HKO Gyarados. Easily takes a hit elsewhere so it can always set up Reflect or Light Screen.

Falkner (11) : Easily beat Pidgey but can't hope to defeat Pidgeotto.

Bugsy (17) : 3HKO everything with Night Shade. Amazing seeing as how few damages Fury Cutter does.

Rival (18) : 2HKO Gastly with Night Shade and 3HKO Zubat with it. Only beats both as Quilava 2HKOes with Ember.

Whitney (21) : Even getting past Clefairy is hard...

Rival (22) : OHKO Haunter with Dig but Curse is annoying. Otherwise it outspeeds and OHKOes Magnemite and it 2HKOes Quilava while not getting 2HKOed. Zubat outspeed and is annoying as usual. Pretty nice to beat both Quilava and Magnemite.

Morty (25) : OHKO Gastly and Haunter with Dig and 2HKO Gengar. The problem is that everything outspeeds. At least, it can take down both Gengar and Haunter 2 64% of the time with BitterBerry or Gastly+Haunter so that's alright.

Chuck (30) : Primeape is 2HKOed by Sludge Bomb and Poliwrath is 3HKOed. Sadly, it can't take both Fuy Swipes and 2 Surf. It's possible to win because the AI makes strange choices but still deceiving considering the type advantage.

Jasmine (31) : Only beats Magnemite, Steelix takes nothing from Dig.

Pryce (32) : 2HKO Seel, Dewgong is a range but sometimes use Rest for some reasons. Piloswine will be too much tho and will 2HKO Blizzard while taking paltry damages.

Rival (33) : Avoid Golbat and Quilava even though you can take down one of them by outspeeding and 3HKOing while not getting 3HKOed. Outspeed and OHKO Magnemite with Dig. OHKO Haunter with Dig. 2HKO Sneasel with Sludge Bomb.

Clair (38) : 4HKOed by Dragonair so can only at most take 2. Kingdra is 3HKOed and 2HKOes with Surf.

Rival (41) : Range to OHKO Sneasel. Magneton outspeeds and para so can be tricky to beat. OHKO Haunter and Kadabra always uses Future Sight and gets koed.

Will (41) : Everything OHKOes with Psychic

Koga (41) : Outspeed and 3HKO Ariados with Night Shade. 4HKO Muk with it. Can't beat more, Venomoth 2HKOes with Psychic, Foretress is too bulky and Crobat 2HKOes.

Bruno (41) : 2HKO Hitmontop with Sludge Bomb and can take Dig+ 2 Fire Punch. As such, it can beat Hitmontop+Hitmonchan. Flee Onix. Then Hitmonlee uses Swagger so with Mint Berry you can hope to take down the 3 Hitmontop. Pretty cool.

Karen (42) : Umbreon is going to cheese especially when it outspeeds and Houndoom obviously OHKOes. It 2HKOes Gengar with Dig and 3HKO Vileplume with Sludge Bomb, while taking nothing from Petal Dance. Murkrow doesn't do much with Faint Attack and can be beaten. Surprisingly decent as it can take down 3 mons.

Lance (42) : Nop.

Falkner (11) : Outspeed and 2HKO Pidgey, 3HKO Pidgeotto while taking hits well. Easy win with half health remaining.

Bugsy (17) : Easily beats cocoons but sadly Scyther outspeeds, is only 4HKOed and beats it with Fury Cutter.

Rival (17) : 2HKO Gastly with Lick (it can't do anything back), outspeed and 2HKO Zubat with Scratch. Quilava is 4HKOed and only 5HKOes with Ember (and attacks randomly). Clear win (except for like Smokescreen).

Whitney (21) : 3HKO Clefairy. You can disrupt Rollout with Dig but it's not doing enough and it's going to use Milk Drink anyway.

Rival (22) : Haunter is OHKOed by Dig after Curse but you can't win due to this move. Otherwise, Quilava is 2HKOed by Dig and doesn't even do half with 2 Ember (and mostly goes for Smokescreen). Magnemite and Zubat are outsped and OHKOed by Dig/Headbutt. Pretty solid even though Curse sucks.

Morty (25) : OHKO Gastly with Faint Attack as it uses Curse, flee Haunter, 2HKO Gengar with Dig. Haunter 2 can't touch it. Pretty good as it can beat Gastly+Haunter1/Gengar+Haunter 2.

Chuck (30) : Primeape is OHKOed and Poliwrath 2HKOed. Considering the AI is totally random and doesn't always use Dynamic Punch, it's a win most of the time. Poliwrath seemingly only uses Dynamic Punch if Leer was used before. At least you can take Poliwrath seeing that you take a Dynamic Punch but that's pretty solid considering the type advantage.

Jasmine (31) : Magnemite are OHKOed by Charcoal Fire Punch. Steelix is a range for the 2HKO but considering Iron Tail doesn't 2HKO and the burn chance it's highly favorable and one more level should be enough to guarantee the 2HKO. Amazing nevertheless.

Pryce (31) : OHKO Seel and 2HKO Dewgong and Piloswine. Easy win.

Rival (33) : OHKO Golbat, Quilava and Sneasel with Return. Magnemite is OHKOed by Fire Punch just like Haunter after Curse. Pretty easy win as long as you don't get hit too much by paralysis because Ursaring can take easily Flame Wheel+Faint Attack without any trouble and even if it gets hit by Confusion.

Clair (38/39) : Outspeed and OHKO Dragonairs. Kingdra can't 2HKO and gets 2HKOed back. Really impressive win here.

Rival (41/42) : OHKO everything with Return or Earthquake and outspeed Magneton. Ursaring takes hit really well (I even won despite getting confused twice by Golbat lol). Great performance.

Will (42) : Gave it Bitter Berry. Xatu 1 mostly goes for Confuse Ray and gets OHKOed. You take confortably Psyhic from Jynx. Exeggutor is outsped and 2HKOed through Reflect. Have to switch out due to Reflect and Slowbro being bulky. OHKO Xatu 2. Pretty solid as it can take out 4 mons most of the time. It's only 4HKOed by Psychic (except if Exeggutor attacks) so it's pretty nice.

Koga (42) : Outspeed and OHKO Ariados. OHKO Venomoth with Return and Foretress with Fire Punch. 2HKO Muk and Crobat (use Fire Punch+Return to avoid Full Restore). Should be a clean sweep without hax.

Bruno (42) : 2HKO Hitmontop with Return + Earthquake. Surprisingly, Ursaring can take a High Jump Kick/Double from Hitmonlee + Mach Punch from Hitmonchan so that's 3 guaranteed kills. Then, it can either dent Machamp or Onix doing around 2/3. Otherwise, Ursaring can sometimes take down Machamp 1v1 as it's a range but it's better to kill the 3 Hitmon. Great considering the type disadvantage.

Karen (42) : 2HKO Umbreon. Outspeed and 2HKO Vileplume. OHKO Gengar with Earthquake. Houndoom is OHKOed by Earthquake and Ursaring takes well a Flamethrower. Murkrow is OHKOed. Sadly, Ursaring can't take a Faint Attack+Flamethrower but still, taking down Umbreon easily and then Gengar and Houndoom is great. Alternatively, it can take down Umbreon, Vileplume, Murkrow and Gengar if lucky. Pretty good as it beats easily the most annoying and the best mon.

Lance (42) : 2HKO Gyarados as it uses Rain Dance + Hyper Beam and survive Hyper Beam from Gyarados + Dragonite while 2HKOing. Ursaring also beats Charizard 1v1 as Flamethrower doesn't 2HKO. Not the best matchup but except for Aero, Ursaring beats everyting 1v1, including lvl 50 Dragonite.

Rival (22) : 2HKO Haunter with Thundershock after Curse. OHKO Zubat. Sonic Boom 3HKOes opposite Magnemite. Quilava is oly 4HKOed but nearly OHKOes with Ember anyway.

Morty (25) : Gastly outspeeds and uses Curse, getting koed in the process. Haunter is 2HKOed by Thundershock despite using Curse. Gengar is too much. Haunter 3 is 4HKOed and wins thanks to Night Shade.

Chuck (30) : Primeape attacks weirdly so you might beat it. Poliwrath is outsped and 2HKOed by Magnet Thundershock and you live a Dynamic Punch. Pretty weird battle but winnable sometimes and at least you take Poliwrath 1v1 most of the time.

Jasmine (31) : Weirdly enough, Magneton can defeat Steelix 1v1 by using Sonic Boom 8 times. Iron Tail is only a 9HKO and can miss. Magnemite are a bit harder due to paralysis and Thunderbolt doing decent damages.

Pryce (31) : 2HKO Seel and Dewgong. Piloswine will do too much with Blizzard to consider beating it.

Rival (33) : Wins against Golbat, Haunter (OHKOed after Curse) and Sneasel. Para from Magnemite is too annoying and Quilava beats it.

Clair (38) : Kingdra outspeeds and 2HKOes with Surf. Actually can take down possibly 2 Dragonair if it doesn't get para'd as it 3HKOes with Tri Attack.

Rival (41) : Set up Rain Dance on Sneasel, then OHKO it with Thunder. 2HKO Typhlosion with Thunder as it can't 2HKO with Flame Wheel. 2HKO opposite Magneton (and don't get paralysed thanks to Berry) and hope you hit Thunder. Set up another Rain Dance on Haunter and OHKO it, Kadabra (it outspeeds but uses Future Sight) and Golbat.

Will (41) : Rain Dance on Xatu, OHKO it, 2HKO Exeggutor with Magnet Thunder, OHKO Slowbro. Jynx is 2HKOed by Thunder and Xatu2 is OHKOed too. The problem is that between Confuse Ray and not taking well Psychic, the sweep is far from guaranteed.

Koga (42) : Set up Rain Dance on Ariados. OHKO it, Foretress and Venomoth with Thunder. Set up Rain Dance on Muk and 2HKO it and OHKO Crobat. Solid win, Thunder+Rain Dance bypassing evasion is really clutch.

Bruno (42) : Nop

Karen (42) : Rain Dance and then Thunder is a range to 2HKO Umbreon (and bypasses evasion). While it can take a Flamethrower from Houndoom afterwards, it can't OHKO back so it's pointless. Confortably beats Murkrow and Gengar. Good as you beat Umbreon without any trouble.

Lance (42) : Gyara always uses Rain Dance so Thunder is safe, then lvl 50 Dragonite comes and uses Safeguard and Fire Blast, which doesn't kill while getting 2HKOed. Sometimes, it went for Outrage so Magneton doesn't take much damages. Magneton can even take Rain Fire Blast + Rock Slide from Aero so there is a chance to ko 3 mons. Lvl 47 Dragonite don't do too much but para is annoying. Amazing matchup as Magneton can take 3 things and potentially 5 with 1 or 2 Full Restore.

Chuck (41) : Spark OHKOed both Primeape and Poliwrath.

Jasmine (41) : Only beats Magnemite, 2HKOing with Spark.

Pryce (41) : OHKO Seel and Dewgong with Spark. 3HKO Piloswine with Strength and it does nothing back. Clear win.

Rival (41) : OHKO Golbat and Haunter and 2HKO the rest. Avoid Magnemite as it can para (I guess it's an easy win with a PRZureBerry). Solid here.

Clair (41) : Dragonair are 3HKOed by Strength so you can take all the three if lucky enough with para. Kingdra is easily beaten 1v1 being 3HKOed while not 2HKOing back.

Rival (41) : Set up Rain Dance on Sneasel then OHKO it with Thunder. Magneton is 2HKOed by Thunder and can't para thanks to PRZCureBerry. Haunter is OHKOed and then Rain stopped. Kadabra is 2HKOed by Strength. Typhlosion is 3HKOed by Spark and can't do much back. Golbat is OHKOed by Spark. Clean sweep.

Will (41) : I equiped Mint Berry Set up Rain Dance on Xatu, OHKO it, 2HKO Jynx. Flee Exeggutor. Set up Rain Dance on Slowbro and OHKO it and Xatu. Pretty cool outside of Exeggutor.

Koga (41) : Set up Rain Dance on Ariados, OHKO it and Foretress with Thunder.

Bruno (41) : Spark + Rain Dance + Thunder OHKOes Hitmontop but then Onix comes. It can also beat Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan 1v1. Not really as it can only beat one thing.

Karen (42) : Thunder 3HKOes Umbron (still good). Avoid Vileplume and if you set up on Gengar, you OHKO it, Murkrow and 2HKO Houndoom while outspeeding and taking a Crunch. Really amazing as if you have something for Vileplume, it beats 4 mons.

Lance (42) : Spark OHKOes Gyara. Dragonite are annoying because Hyper beam does 60% and it's hard to hit 3 moves consecutively though para. Lvl 50 Dragonite is a range. Outspeed Charizard and OHKO it and Aero with Thunder or 2HKO with Spark so that's alright as Aero mostly goes for Hyper Beam.

Clair (41) : Dragonair are 2HKOed by Aurora Beam but don't do too mcu damages to the point Suicune can beat the three if it doens't get lucky with para. Suicune has the same problem as Meganium with Kingdra though. It takes hit well but only 5HKOes and between Smokescreen and Dragon Breath paralysing, the win isn't guaranteed.

Rival (41) : Rain Dance Mystic Water Surf OHKOes everything it needs (Sneasel, Magneton and Haunter). Kadabra was a 2HKO when Rain faded but that's not a problem as it goes for Future Sight+ Recover and still aint. No troubles winning here.

Will (42) : Outspeed and 2HKO Xatu and Exeggutor with Aurora Beam. 2HKO Jynx with Mystic Water Surf. Avoid Slowbro and 2HKO the second Xatu that outspeeds. Good matchup except for Slowbro.

Koga (42) : Rain Dance Mystic Water Surf OHKOes Ariados and Foretress. Venomoth is 2HKOed but doesn't much back. Muk and Crobat are 2HKOed too. Evasion can be annoying but between Suicune's bulk and ability to 2HKO everything, it should be a win.

Bruno (42) : 2HKO Hitmontop with Surf + Rain boosted Surf, 2HKO Hitmontop and Hitmonlee. Sadly, rain goes away and despite taking a Cross Chop, Machamp is a 3HKO. Still good as it can take the 3 Hitmon and Onix and win with a Full Restore.

Karen (42) : Aurora Beam + Rain Boosted Surf twice 3HKOes Umbreon. Vileplume is 2HKOed by NVI Aurora Beam but it's not advisable due to Stun Spore. It can take down Houndoom 2HKOing while being 3HKOed. Something cool to do is koing Umbreon, then switching out for Vileplume, setting up Rain Dance on Gengar and then OHKOing it, Murkrow and Houndoom. Pretty good matchup but once again requires a Full Restore to fully sweep.

Lance (42) : Avoid Gyara and first Dragonite. Dragonite 2 and 3 are beatable by 2HKOing them with Aurora Beam. Suicune can also take down both Aerodactyl and Charizard at once. Once again, to achieve 4 kills, it will need a Full Restore.

Rival (41) : Sunny Day on Sneasel, then OHKO it, Golbat, Haunter and OHKO Kadabra with Stomp. Typhlosion is 3HKOed by Stomp and Magneton OHKOed by Fire Blast (and 2HKOed by Ember if needed). Clear win here, even misses aen't going to matter because Entei is so bulky and can still use Stomp to win.

Will (41) : Sunny Day on Xatu, OHKO it with Fire Blast, 2HKO Slowbro with SolarBeam through Amnesia and OHKO Xatu with Fire Blast. Then OHKO Exeggutor and Jynx with Fire Blast. Pretty solid win as Entei can afford taking 2 Psychic.

Koga (41) : OHKO Ariados with Fire Blast and setup Sunny Day on Foretress. 2HKO Muk and avoid Crobat (Double Team is really bad with Fire Blast and it's only 2HKOed). OHKO Venomoth. Pretty good.

Bruno (41) : Stomp + Sun Boosted Fire Blast 2HKO Hitmontop, then Onix gets OHKoed by SolarBeam and Machamp 2HKOed by Fire Blast, while Entei takes a Rock Slide. Hitmonlee is 2HKOed by Stomp and Hitmonchan 3HKOed. Pretty good as Entei can take down 3 mons, including the strogest and win with a Full Restore.

Karen (42) : Umbreon will cheese. Outspeed and OHKO Vileplume and Murkrow. 2HKO Gengar (OHKO if Curse). Houndoom outspeed and 2/3HKO with Crunch.

Lance (42) : Nop.

Nw, onto the ranks :

Chikorita is C-tier. This s without a doubt the worst starter as it clearly had the worst matchup. But, some gyms like Chuck and Pryce were good and Bruno was surprisingly great. A good aspect about Chikorita and its evolution is that it helps in most important matchs, either by weakening, trying to paralyse with Body Slam or with Reflect/Light Screen. It could also hope to take down the most important mon against some gym leaders like Whintey's Miltank (this wasn't 100% reliable but between Rollout misses and Razor Leaf critting, it's reasonnably possible) and Jasmine's Steelix (this is way easier and it will be able to get past it rather frequently). The luck factor was pretty important when using Meganium because Razor Leaf crits a lot and this makes some matchs way better and paralysing a key threat against a champion with Body Slam is amazing, especially when cnsidering that Meganium is pretty fast. All in all, Chikorita is well-known for having bad matchup but between beating some gyms and Bruno, providing support with screens or decently fast paralysis with Body Slam and the ability to sometimes beat the signature mon, C-tier is definitely deserved.

Spinarak is D-tier. It was passable most of the time and wasn't as bad as Ledian. Sadly, except for the amazing Bugsy match and doing well against Morty, it wasn't particularly helpful. Training was also kinda painfull because it's extremly slow and struggled to OHKO things against Rocket Grunt (it once got OHKOed by a faster Weezing using Self-Destruct lol). Not much to add here, it's usable and put work but there are many better things to consider using. I don't really see it being C-tier because between being so slow and hard to train and having no exceptionnal battle except for Bugsy and Bruno, it asn't sufficient enough.

Teddiursa is definitively A-tier. This is easily the best Normal-types (still need to test others especially Girafarig but I don't see it being better). It's really tailored for the game, coming early, strong even as a Teddiursa, learning the right moves (Fire Punch, Dig and Earthquake), being extremly strong and just bulky enough for what it wants to accomplish. Bugsy was an easy win and while Bugsy and Whitney were pretty bad, it could still weaken Scyther and Miltank (disrupting Rollout was important for the teammate). Morty was alright thanks to Dig, taking down 3 mons most of the time. Gym 5/6/7 were wins most of the time (it had strangely favorable odds against Chuck) and thanks to Dig the rival was always easy. Most importantly, Ursaring beats Clair by itself which is incredible, due to how hard she is. This was definitively its selling point. Against the Elite 4, it maintained its strength, beating Koga with ease and doing extremly well against the rest. Lance was a bit harder (but that's the case for every normal-type really) but still it's able to 1v1 everything but Aerodactyl, which is good. Really Teddiursa was great and I recommend everyone to try it. Its power coupled with good bulk and ability to outspeed the right things was clutch.

By the way, Teddiursa will need to be split between Crystal and Gold/Silver, it had many uses and can't be in the same tier in the latter versions in which it's found way later.

Magneton is C-tier. It was pretty bad before getting Thunder (which by the way is incredibly expensive in this game) but makes up for by having a strong Elite 4 and Lance. Beforehand, it had its uses, taking down Jasmine's Steelix and Pryce's water-types as well as Chuck's Poliwrath 1 vs 1 most of the time. The Elite 4 outside Bruno was great, Will was severely dent, it was an automatic win against Koga (amazing feeling as evasion can be really that annoying) and decent Karen. Lance was pretty good thanks to its typing, abusing the AI and taking down 3 mons and potentially more with healing. Magneton was matchup dependent but had a strong Elite 4 and deserves C-tier.

Suicune is B-tier. Suicune was obviously great, having a somewhat good Clair's battle, amazing rival fight and strong performance against the Elite 4 and Lance. But, unlike Lugia, it wasn't dominant enough to make up for coming late. Clair wasn't that easy, required to heal the paralysis and Kingdra was a mess due to Smokescreen. Suicune encountered some problems as it couldn't beat Will's Slowbro and ned a Full Restore to beat the rest by itself. That's why I find it closer to Jynx than Lugia, it was definitevely strong and great in most matchs but not dominant like Lugia is.

I still need to test but I think Entei and Raikou deserve C-tier. They are tricky to rank due to how they are encountered but still were great when used. Raikou felt better mostly for Clair's Kingdra, Lance and Karen (and slightly Koga) but both deserve the same tier as Entei had better performance against Will (and Jasmine I guess). The Elite 4 was great with both and they could easily dispatch most of the mon. Encountering them isn't easy (it seems feasible with RNG manipulation tho) so in spite of their strength, C-tier looks alright.

Next run is going to be Sentret, Hoppip, Growlithe and Vaporeon (and I'll edit about Entei and Raikou).

Pre-assumption is that Sentret is B-tier (honestly this is a slighty weaker, slightly slower Rattata that learns Surf), Hoppip is D-tier (seems really bad but it's fast and could outstall with Leech Seed), Growlithe is C-tier (seems like a worse Typhlosion that evolves earlier and has a terrible movepool) and Vaporeon B-tier (Ryota tested it and it looks good).

Chikorita is definitely C-Tier.

Yes, it is a good defensive bulwark. Yes, it works well in a team.

But in the world of in-game, it is about hitting hard and fast. Chikorita doesn't do that.
Yeah I don’t think anybody will argue Chikorita is above C, don’t worry. It’s so well-known it sucks at this point that I think even casual players probably wouldn’t defend it.

I might start up a new run in a few days. I’m definitely gonna give Wooper and probably Girafarig a shot. Dunno about the other two. If you guys want a second opinion on a mon or two, speak up and I’ll run with it (I originally was gonna use Gengar but it seems unfeasible unless I hack the game to start with Gengar as the Curse matchups seem fairly straightforward).

Zebes: Thank you. For a second, I was worried that the post would be removed for not complying with the standards of the thread. Then again, this is probably a more liberal board than something say like the competitive discussion. In all seriousness, I was probably pushing it bringing up Snorlax here as a couple of people take issue with bringing up Kanto. When it is available in Kanto though, I believe that it doesn't really have a moment where it struggles. It comes at a good level and there are a good handful of gyms which it can use to get a sort of snowball effect rolling. If the Kanto journey was any more substantial, I may have put it in A.

Last edited:
=Falkner=
Dunsparce L9
Rage sweep is S Tier, but it looks more of a D Tier MU for Dunsparce because of that painful 1% encounter
=Bugsy=
Dunsparce L15
S Tier Rage sweep go brrr...
=Rival 2=
Dunsparce L16
Mud-Slap 2HKOs Gastly
Rage beats Zubat, but watch out for confusion and Bite flinch
Attempt #2: 1v1 starter with a full health Dunsparce
Rage 4HKOs Croconaw. Water Gun deals around 9 damage, its a 7HKO total. Rage sweep is possible against Quilava and Croconaw, but Bayleef seems shaky to set-up a Rage sweep due to Razor Leaf crit, Reflect and Poisonpowder.
=Whitney=
Dunsparce L19
Rage sweep is highly possible, but watch out for Stomp flinch or Attract.
=Rival 3=
Dunsparce L22
Dig 1HKOs Haunter(after a Curse) and Magnemite
Headbutt 2HKOs Zubat and 3HKOs Croconaw.
=Morty=
Dunsparce L24
Dig 1HKOs Gastly and Haunter and is so close to 2HKOing Gengar. A shaky matchup, Dunsparce is too slow to prevent getting chipped down by Curse.
=Chuck=
Dunsparce L30
Pink Bow Headbutt 2HKOs Primeape and 3HKOs Poliwrath. Poliwrath outspeeds and 2HKOs back.
=Jasmine=
Dunsparce L31
Dig 1HKOs Magnemite and 4HKOs Steelix after one Screech. Steelix almost 2HKOs back.
=Pryce=
Dunsparce L32
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Seel(close to 1HKOing) and Dewgong and 3HKOs Piloswine
=Rival 4=
Dunsparce L34
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Golbat and Sneasel, and 3HKOs Feraligatr
Dig 1HKOs Magnemite and KOs Haunter after it uses Curse
=Clair=
Dunsparce L38
Return 2HKOs the Dragonairs and 3HKOs Kingdra.
=Rival 5=
Dunsparce L39
Pink Bow Return 1HKOs Sneasel and Kadabra, 2HKOs Golbat, and 3HKOs Feraligatr.
Dig 1HKOs Magneton and KOs Haunter after it uses Curse
=Will=
Dunsparce L40
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs the Xatus, 1HKOs Jynx, and 3HKOs Exeggutor and Slowbro. All outspeeds except Slowbro
=Koga=
Dunsparce L40
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Ariados, Venomoth, and Forretress(Needs 3 Screech) and 3HKOs Muk and Crobat(close to 2HKOing)
=Bruno=
Dunsparce L41
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs the Hitmons. All outspeeds, Machamp 1HKOs back and Onix Earthquakes you while digging.
=Karen=
Dunsparce L42
Pink Bow Return 3HKOs Umbreon and Vileplume(close to 2HKOing), 2HKOs Houndoom and is so close to 1HKOing Murkrow.
Dig 2HKOs Gengar after it uses Curse.
=Lance=
Dunsparce L42
Pink Bow Return 3HKOs Gyarados and the Dragonites, and 2HKOs Charizard.
your best move to hit Aerodactyl is Iron Tail, which is a 2HKO.
I've decided to catch a Dunsparce before Falkner before swarm and man, it was so painful to do because it has that horrible 1% encounter and the way to increased its encounter rate through swarm call is near Azalea, and at that point, you have to backtrack to DST Trick and it joins quite underleveled. It only has Rage as its attacking move until Headbutt TM, while its the same move that made Totodile look like a S Tier mon against Bugsy(and to some extent Falkner), its bad when it comes to grinding, and its also slow(though it didn't matter when Rage sweeping against the first 3 gym) and has same base Attack as Persian. I'm going for D tier on this one, i think a few of its positive traits were enough to not be in the E Tier
=Falkner=
Beedrill L10
Set-up Harden
Fury Attack 3HKOs Pidgey(2 hits each), 2HKOs Pidgey(3 hits each)
Poison Sting 3HKOs Pidgey after getting poisoned on first hit and 4HKOs Pidgeotto after getting poisoned on first hit
Not a good MU, its reliant on Poison Sting poison and Fury Attack is inconsistent
=Bugsy=
Beedrill L15
Swift 3HKOs the cocoon and 5HKOs Scyther(could be a 4HKO if using Pink Bow). Scyther almost 1HKOs back with 4 consecutive Fury Cutter
=Rival 2=
Beedrill L15
Poison Sting does 1 damage to Gastly
Swift 2HKOs Zubat and 5HKOs Croconaw.
I forgot Beedrill learns Fury Cutter until around Whitney, whoops. But it still seems barely doing something against Gastly due to Hypnosis or Lick paralysis
=Whitney=
Beedrill L20
Twineedle 2HKOs Clefairy and 3HKOs Miltank(after getting poisoned on first hit). Miltank outspeeds.
=Rival 3=
Beedrill L22
Twineedle appears to be a 5HKO on Haunter after it uses Curse
Twineedle 3HKOs Magnemite and Croconaw
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Zubat and 4HKOs Croconaw
=Morty=
Beedrill L24
Nope, Fury Cutter and Twineedle are barely doing anything in this match.
=Chuck=
Beedrill L30
Sludge Bomb 2HKOs Primeape(1HKOs if poisoned) and 3HKOs Poliwrath(2HKOs if poisoned on first hit). Poliwrath 3HKOs back
=Jasmine=
Beedrill L31
Twineedle 4HKOs Magnemite
Nope, its bad
=Pryce=
Beedrill L32
Sludge Bomb has a roll to 1HKO Seel(guaranteed if poisoned) and 2HKO Dewgong(guaranteed if poisoned)
Twineedle 4HKOs Piloswine(3HKOs if poisoned)
=Rival 4=
Beedrill L34
Return 2HKOs Golbat. Golbat 2HKOs back
Twineedle 3HKOs Magnemite and 1HKOs Sneasel
Pursuit 3HKOs Haunter
Sludge Bomb 3HKOs Feraligatr
=Clair=
Beedrill L38
Sludge Bomb 2HKOs the Dragonairs and 3HKOs Kingdra.
=Rival 5=
Beedrill L41
Sludge Bomb 2HKOs Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, 3HKOs Machamp, and is close to 2HKOing Hitmontop(though its guaranteed 2HKO if poisoned)
Twineedle 3HKOs Onix after getting poisoned on first hit
=Will=
Beedrill L40
Sludge Bomb 2HKOs the Xatus.
Twineedle 1HKOs Exeggutor and 3HKOs Slowbro. All 1HKOs back, both Xatus and Jynx outspeeds
=Koga=
Beedrill L40
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs Ariados and Venomoth and 4HKOs Muk and Crobat. Crobat 1HKOs back
Forretress is a no.
=Bruno=
Beedrill L41
Sludge Bomb 2HKOs Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, 3HKOs Machamp, and is close to 2HKOing Hitmontop(though its guaranteed 2HKO if poisoned)
Twineedle 3HKOs Onix after getting poisoned on first hit
=Karen=
Beedrill L42
Twineedle 3HKOs Umbreon
Sludge Bomb 3HKOs Vileplume and 2HKOs Murkrow
Pursuit 3HKOs Gengar after it uses Curse
Houndoom outspeeds and 1HKOs back
=Lance=
Sludge Bomb 3HKOs Gyarados and 4HKOs the Dragonites(3HKOs if poisoned on first hit against L47 ones). Gyarados almost 1HKOs back, but Dragonite 1HKOs back. Aerodactyl and Charizard outspeeds and 1HKOs back.
Early Phase is horrible until Swift TM because its STAB Poison Sting is weaker than Caterpie's unSTAB Tackle and its only 6HKOing L3 Bellsprouts and 7HKOing a L6 Bellsprout. After that, its between decent or middling. I'm going for D Tier on this one and also, this makes me thinking if its better to catch a Beedrill in Bug-catching contest?
=Whitney=
Scyther L19
Headbutt 2HKOs Clefairy and 5HKOs Miltank. Scyther outspeeds but Miltank 2HKOs back.
Fury Cutter 3HKOs Clefairy and the 4th + 5th hit 2HKOs Miltank. A single miss can ruin the strat.
=Rival 3=
Scyther L22
Pursuit 2HKOs Haunter after it uses Curse
Rock Smash 3HKOs Magnemite
Pink Bow Headbutt 2HKOs Zubat and 3HKOs Croconaw
=Morty=
Scyther L24
Pursuit 2HKOs Gastly, 3HKOs Haunter and 5HKOs Gengar. Scyther outspeeds Gengar.
=Chuck=
Scyther L30
Wing Attack 1HKOs Primeape and 2HKOs Poliwrath
=Jasmine=
Scyther L31
Rock Smash 3HKOs Magnemite. Nope, Magnemite Tbolts it to oblivion and Steelix is ridiculously bulky
=Pryce=
Scyther L32
Sharp Beak Wing Attack 2HKOs Seel(close to 1HKOing) and Dewgong, and 3HKOs Piloswine. Dewgong puts it in range of a Blizzard KO
=Rival 4=
Scyther L34
Sharp Beak Wing Attack 2HKOs Golbat and Sneasel, 1HKOs Haunter, and 3HKOs Feraligatr.
Rock Smash 3HKOs Magnemite(2HKOs if you got the Defense drop on first hit)
=Clair=
Scyther L38
Wing Attack 2HKOs the Dragonairs and 3HKOs Kingdra. Kingdra 2HKOs back with Surf.
=Rival 5=
Scyther L39
Wing Attack 2HKOs Golbat, 1HKOs Kadabra, and 3HKOs Feraligatr
Rock Smash 4HKOs Magneton without Defense drop. Magneton 3HKOs back
=Will=
Scyther L40
Pink Bow Return 2HKOs the Xatus and Jynx, and 4HKOs Slowbro total after it uses Curse turn 1.
Wing Attack 2HKOs Exeggutor

I used 2 Rare Candy to get to Level 42 and see Sword Dance
Set-up 1 Sword Dance and used a held Bitter Berry to deal with Confuse Ray

+2 Wing Attack 1HKOs Exeggutor
+2 Return 1HKOs both Xatus and Jynx and 2HKOs Slowbro after using Curse turn 1. Slowbro is more likely going for Curse and occasionally Amnesia than attacking, and Scyther can tank a hit when considering the first Xatu is more likely going for Confuse Ray. Amazing matchup overall for L42 Scyther
=Koga=
Scyther L40
Wing Attack 1HKOs Ariados and Venomoth, and 4HKOs Forretress
Pink Bow Return 3HKOs Muk and Crobat. Crobat 2HKOs back

I used 2 Rare Candy to get to Level 42 and see Sword Dance
Set up 2 Sword Dance
+4 Sharp Beak Wing Attack 2HKOs Forretress and 1HKOs Muk and Crobat. Forretress almost always go for Spike turn 1, so don't worry about not one shotting it. Crobat almost always go for Double Team turn 1, then followed by Toxic sometimes, it needs 2 Sword Dance boost as 1 boost is not enough to 1HKO it. Barring a few Double Team shenanigans, its another amazing matchup overall for L42 Scyther.
=Bruno=
Scyther L41
Wing Attack 1HKOs Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, 2HKOs Machamp and is close to 1HKOing Hitmontop. Machamp 1HKOs back. Onix is a no.

I used 1 Rare Candy to get to Level 42 and see Sword Dance
+2 Wing Attack 1HKOs Machamp
+6 Return 2HKOs Onix. Hitmontop chips you in range of a Rock Slide KO
Scyther can reliably set-up against Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee after someone beat Onix if you want to 1HKO Machamp.
=Karen=
Scyther L42
Set-up 2 Swords Dance and used a held Bitter Berry to deal with Confuse Ray.
+4 Wing Attack/Return 2HKOs Umbreon and 1HKOs the rest. Scyther outspeeds Houndoom, but it needs 2 Sword Dance boost to 1HKO, because 1 boost is so close at 1HKOing while Houndoom 1HKOs back( Level 43 allows you to reliably 1HKO Houndoom with +2 Return however and +2 Return is also enough to 2HKO Umbreon). Little bit unreliable due to Sand-Attack + Confuse Ray, but its still a great matchup overall.
=Lance=
Scyther L42
Set-up Sword Dance 2 times
+4 Sharp Beak Wing Attack 1HKOs Gyarados and L47 Dragonites. Lance goes for the L47 Dragonite first before Aerodactyl, which allowed Scyther to beat those two, otherwise, Aerodactyl outspeeds and ends your sweep.

Without a boost against the rest...
Sharp Beak Wing Attack 3HKOs Charizard and 4HKOs L50 Dragonite

+6 Sharp Beak Wing Attack into Quick Attack KOs Aerodactyl.
Sweeping with +6 Attack is possible, but it requires extreme amount of luck involving Gyarados not going for Surf turn 2(2 Rain Dance Surfs KOs Scyther) and most important of all, heavily relying on Aerodactyl missing a Rock Slide.
This is actually good, although the Elite 4 matchup can depend on Scyther getting Swords Dance in time. Its rather average without it, but it become even better when it get the move. Also, you don't need to set-up up 3 times against each Elite 4 bar Lance because its way too overkill, lol. You don't need to boost 3 times just to attempt to 1HKO Slowbro, Forretress and Umbreon, because Slowbro is often going for Curse/Amnesia than attacking, Forretress almost always go for Spike turn 1 and its Swift is barely doing anything to Scyther, and it lessens getting RNG'd by Umbreon. I'm going for C Tier on this one, but i would like to say its feels almost like a B Tier. But C is fine.
=Rival 4=
Octillery L32
MysticWater Surf 2HKOs Golbat and Sneasel , 1HKOs Magnemite and Haunter
Psybeam 5HKOs Feraligatr
=Clair=
Octillery L38
Nevermeltice Aurora Beam 2HKOs the Dragonairs and 4HKOs Kingdra. The Dragonairs outspeeds.
=Rival 5=
Octillery L39
MysticWater Surf 1HKOs Magneton, Haunter and Kadabra, 2HKOs Golbat and is so close at 1HKOing Sneasel
Psybeam 4HKOs Feraligatr
=Will=
Octillery L40
MysticWater Surf 2HKOs both Xatus and Jynx
Aurora Beam 2HKOs Exeggutor. Exeggutor outspeeds
Slowbro is a no
=Koga=
Octillery L40
MysticWater Surf 2HKOs both Xatus and Jynx
Aurora Beam 2HKOs Exeggutor. Exeggutor outspeeds
Slowbro is a no
=Bruno=
Octillery L41
MysticWater Surf 2HKOs the Hitmons, 1HKOs Onix, and 3HKOs Machamp(close to 2HKOing)
=Karen=
Octillery L42
MysticWater Surf 3HKOs Umbreon, 1HKOs Gengar(after it uses Curse) and Houndoom and is so close at 1HKOing Murkrow
=Lance=
Octillery L42
Return 4HKOs Gyarados. Gyarados 2HKOs back with Hyper Beam
Nevermeltice Aurora Beam 2HKOs the Dragonites.
MysticWater Surf 1HKOs Aerodactyl and Charizard
The backtrack to DST Trick the swarm call is rather minor because you have Fly at this point but, this is among the worst Good Rod Pokemon simply because it comes so late (it misses out Gym 5-7 point of the game) and its still Level 20, the roughly same level other Waters had that enjoyed being obtainable earlier. It performs alright, but its slow. I was initially thought it could have a shot at being D Tier, but i was mistaken a bit, I'm going for E Tier on this one. The combination of low speed, being underleveled, and most importantly, late availability outweight its positive traits.

tl;dr:
Dunsparce - D
Weedle - D
Scyther - C
Remoraid(GS) - E

Going on a Silver run with Cyndaquil, Geodude(No Trade), Mareep, and Magmar next. I want to see their performance myself

Zebes: Thank you. For a second, I was worried that the post would be removed for not complying with the standards of the thread. Then again, this is probably a more liberal board than something say like the competitive discussion. In all seriousness, I was probably pushing it bringing up Snorlax here as a couple of people take issue with bringing up Kanto. When it is available in Kanto though, I believe that it doesn't really have a moment where it struggles. It comes at a good level and there are a good handful of gyms which it can use to get a sort of snowball effect rolling. If the Kanto journey was any more substantial, I may have put it in A.
I have no issues with people posting that kind of stuff personally. As for Snorlax, I also don’t mind discussion on it as it’s considered Untiered so it wouldn’t move anywhere anyways.

Due to Kanto just having an obscene level spike and the gyms can just be done in any order, I personally view it as a chore for the testers to get through. There really isn’t enough XP even to close the gaps between Gym MUs as well.

Slowbro
Kind of leaning towards D-tier, but like Flareon, could maybe see C-tier. Backtrack for it is very annoying and Slowbro is incredibly slow, so it's very easy to hax and wear down. With that said, it wasn't exactly bad or anything, but it certainly wasn't a game destroyer and the hax thing above applies here as well. Going with D-tier for now, but could revisit for C-tier at later point once we establish the ranks a bit more. By the way, I think Slowking should just be automatically put in the same tier as Slowbro, as they basically have the same offenses and Speed and the bulk difference doesn't seem like it'd matter in the slightest.
Just want to go on record as being against this line of thinking for one big reason: you can evolve like 10 levels earlier into Slowking with some minor backtracking and trade access than Slowbro. Having to deal with Slowpoke until level 33 vs being able to evolve as soon as you can Surf and Strength is potentially worth a tier of difference. Worth discussing at least, and not worth lumping together automatically without doing so imo

I used Slowking and found him a fair bit better than you seem to have found Slowbro, and I suspect that's why.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
Just want to go on record as being against this line of thinking for one big reason: you can evolve like 10 levels earlier into Slowking with some minor backtracking and trade access than Slowbro. Having to deal with Slowpoke until level 33 vs being able to evolve as soon as you can Surf and Strength is potentially worth a tier of difference. Worth discussing at least, and not worth lumping together automatically without doing so imo

I used Slowking and found him a fair bit better than you seem to have found Slowbro, and I suspect that's why.
I am not sure if I was clear enough, but my nomination assumes you catch it as a wild Slowbro. You can do that by repel tricking with a level 25 Pokemon while Surfing on the lower floors of Slowpoke Well, so no one's forcing you to use Slowpoke in either case. Realistically, no matter which one you use, you are better off catching Slowpoke at Slowpoke Well anyways, because Slowpoke is terrible early-game and won't be doing much to warrant catching it (for Slowking, you also get the King's Rock there, so might as well catch it there at a higher level). And the reason I am suggesting for them to be the same tier is because their only stat difference is inversed Def / SpD and I never had any moment where I felt like I'd be better off using Slowking. Their movepool, likewise, is basically the same for tiering purposes, as both will be equipped with Surf and Confusion when you obtain them and can be taught Blizzard (and Fire Blast if you really like Fire coverage), so I am not sure what is there to differentiate them enough for a tier difference, so I'd need more clarification on what makes either one better than the other, given that you can obtain both of them at the same time and have the same moveset / offensive stats (other than the fact you have to Repel trick for Slowbro, which is very trivial at best).

(also, you are stuck with a Slowpoke until level 37, not 33. Irrelevant since, as I've said, you should just repel trick a Slowbro, but wanted to mention it anyways)

(would have responded earlier, but wanted to combine this with my logs)

===

So, I did two runs to try out the stone evolutions in GS (since them being unevolved may cause for ranks to be split). In those two runs, I tested Weepinbell, Exeggcute, Vulpix, Staryu, Growlithe, Poliwhirl, and Shellder. I wanted to test Gloom, but I felt it wouldn't be too different from Vileplume or Weepinbell, so I decided to go insane and try out Wobbuffet. I had to grind sometimes for the first run due to poor team selection. For Wobbuffet, I had it at level 34 after beating Silver at the VR and gave it as many candies as I could, resulting in a level 39 Wobbuffet for Will. It subsequently became my main Pokemon for those fights, allowing it to get a few more levels. Wobbuffet had to be hacked in, as I wanted to try out the Crystal one, the Dark Cave one is actually worse (and you will see why)

For logs, I kind of stopped testing extensively their E4 performance, as most things there were pretty bad due to hitting like wet noodles and being 2HKOed constantly, so in case you are wondering why the E4 logs look so low-effort, that's cause, well, they are low-effort. Likewise, you may see logs missing for Karen on the first run, as nothing felt good from that point onwards (Staryu can OHKO the two Dragonite if it gets lucky with Blizzard)

Weepinbell

Bugsy: lol no

Silver(17/18): unless you picked Cyndaquil, Bellsprout isn't doing anything

Whitney(21): +6 Vine Whip with Miracle Seed OHKOes Clefairy and 2HKOes Miltank. Miltank is faster and can KO with Stomp if you are weakened by Clefairy, though you can put the former to sleep to set up more safely

Silver(21): still nope

Morty(25): even more nope

Chuck(30): PBarb Sludge Bomb puts Primeape in red and 3HKOes Poliwrath. Poliwrath can be put to sleep to avoid hax

Jasmine(30): lol no

Pryce(31): PBarb Sludge Bomb OHKOes Seel nd 2HKOes Dewgong. Vine Whip 3HKOes Piloswine. Piloswine can be beaten only with sleep

Silver(33): PBarb SBomb 2HKOes Sneasel and Meganium, the latter of which 4HKOes with Body Slam

Clair(38): PBarb Bomb 2HKOes Dragonair. You are taking out two at best without healing

Silver(40): same as always, but add in Dewgong

Will(41): nah

Koga(41): nah again

Bruno(41): PBarb Bomb 2HKOes the Hitmons, though you are unlikely to beat all of them without healing or Sleep Powder

Exeggcute

Whitney(19): you can try stalling with Leech Seed, Reflect, and Hypnosis, while weakening it with Confusion, but that takes a lot of time, especially if you get afflicted with Attract.

Silver(21); Confusion 2HKOes the Poisons

Morty(25): Confusion OHKOes only Gastly. You are outsped by everything and thus are very likely to be haxed. Not a great matchup

Chuck(30): Confusion 2HKOes Primeape and 3HKOes Poliwrath. Poliwrath continuously haxes you and seems to 4-5HKO with Surf, so Reflect here isn't useful. Leech Seed + Hypnosis could help, though

Jasmine(30): bunch of eggs got smashed by 100 megatons of metal and steel. Unfortunately, I couldn't eat the omelette.

Pryce(31): nope. You get barraged by Icy Wind and then other Ice moves. Needs Sleep Powder to even stand a chance.

Silver(32): beats only Haunter reliably. The rest either just laugh at it or are Golbat.

Clair(38): nope, struggles against everything, don't bother here. At best you could try SleepSeed + Reflect, but ehhh

Silver(40): same as always

Will(40): Unless you love SleepSeed on everything, just skip this matchup

Koga(40): Confusion 2HKOes only Ariados, the rest avoiding a 2HKO and potentially haxing / htiting you hard

Bruno(41): Confusion doesn't 2HKO anything (beyond maybe Onix?) and you rely on SleepSeed + Reflect to sweep

Vulpix

Whitney(19): Charcoal Ember *6HKOes* Clefairy. Yeah...

Silver(21): Charcoal Ember 2HKOes Magnemite and 3/4HKOes Bayleef. Can also muscle through the rest if you want to.

Morty(25): Dig OHKOes Gastly and 2HKOes Haunter. Reasonably okay matchup, though hax is still possible

Chuck(31): Charcoal Flamethrower 2HKOes Primeape

Jasmine(31): Charcoal Flamethrower 2HKOes Steelix and OHKOes the rest. Outspeeds all. Steelix fails to OHKO unless it crits.

Pryce(31): Charcoal Flamethrower 4HKOes Dewgong and 2HKOes Piloswine. You can take on only one reliably

Silver(32): Charcoal Flamethrower OHKOes Magnemite and 2HKOes Sneasel and Meganium, the latter of which 3HKOes with Body Slam

Clair(38): What does the fox say? "I lose I lose I lose I lose I lose I lose I lose I lose, I lose I lose I lose I lose"

Silver(40): Charcoal Flamethrower OHKOes Sneasel and Magneton and 2HKOes the rest bar Golbat (3HKO). Avoid Golbat and Haunter.

Will(41): can beat Exeggutor and Jynx

Koga(41): kills the Bugs

Bruno(41): nope, everything lives hits and hits back with lots of power

Staryu

Silver(22): Surf beats everything but Bayleef

Morty(25): Surf OHKOes Gastly and 2HKOes the rest, with Haunter #1 being close to an OHKO. Hax can get in your way, but matchup is mostly okay.

Chuck(30): set up rain and OHKO Primeape with MW Surf. Poliwrath is 2HKOed by Thunder, but OHKOes in return with Dynamic Punch

Jasmine(30): can't OHKO Magnemite, which proceeds to OHKO with Thunderbolt. You can 1v1 Steelix, though

Pryce(31): MW Surf in rain OHKOes Piloswine and Thunder OHKOes Seel and 2HKOes Dewgong

Silver(33): MW Surf in rain 2HKOes Golbat and Sneasel and OHKOes Haunter and Magnemite. Thunder also 2HKOes Golbat. Golbat can be annoying with hax, though.

Clair(38): Blizzard OHKOes Dragonair

Silver(40): MW Surf in rain OHKOes Magneton, Haunter, and Kadabra and 2HKOes Sneasel(?) and Golbat.

Will(41): you get 2HKOed by all Psychic at worst and you don't OHKO anything

Koga(41): similar deal to the above, you get hit pretty hard and you cannot really OHKO anything, so you cannot take out too many

Bruno(41): nope, has to set rain to deal any damage and it's hit too hard to do that safely.

Poliwhirl

Bugsy(19): cannot beat Scyther, which overpowers with Fury Cutter, as Water Gun deals too little

Silver(20): overleveled but w/e, cannot get past Bayleef anyways, Water Gun can cover the rest, though

Whitney(21): can't get past Miltank without using Hypnosis

Silver(22): beats Zubat and Haunter reliably and Magnemite if yo uget lucky with Supersonic

Morty(25): Surf in rain OHKOes everything but Gengar (2HKO). Gengar is speedtied and the rest are outsped

Chuck(30): Surf in rain 2HKOes Primeape

Jasmine(30): can 1v1 Steelix

Pryce(31): PB Strength 2HKOes Seel and 4HKOes Dewgong. Surf 2HKOes Piloswine

Silver(33): MW Surf in rain 2HKOes Sneasel and Golbat and OHKOes Magnemite and Haunter. You outspeed everything but Sneasel

Clair(38): NMI Ice Punch 2HKOes Dragonair, but with paralysis and taking lots of damag from Dragonbreath (like a 4HKO, I think), you can't get past more than two

Silver(40): MW Surf in rain 2HKOes Golbat and Sneasel and OHKOes Haunter and Kadabra. Don't recall what Magneton was like, but you probably should avoid it anyways

Will(41): Psychic is a 2HKO on it, so nope

Koga(41): MW Surf in rain 2HKOes Ariados and Moth, though the latter may be rolls, as it's flat and Forry itself managed to avoid a 2HKO

Bruno(41): no, stats are too low, so it doesn't hit hard and they hit it hard in return.

Karen(41): I kind of stopped bothering at this point

Whitney(19): Counter spam on Rollout beats Miltank. Better if female to avoid potential Attract

Silver(21): Counter 2HKOes Magnemite after Sonic Boom and Mirror Coat 2HKOes Bayleef after Razor Leaf and Zubat after Bite.

Morty(21): lol no, how are you gonna hit again?

Chuck(27): Counter 2HKOes Primeape via KChop after Leer. Poliwrath is put in red by Mirror Coat through Surf. Safeguard can be used to block Hypnosis. Poliwrath 4HKOes with Surf. You can alternatively use Destiny Bond on the second-to-last Surf and take it down with you. This approach allows you to win without healing whatsoeve

Jasmine(27): Mirror Coat through TBolt OHKOes Magnemite (TBolt is a 3HKO, they will TWave you first, though). Counter through Iron Tail (3HKO) OHKOes Steelix. You cannot sweep without healing, but you can take out anything here 1v1, I guess.

Pryce(27): Mirror Coat after Aurora Beam 2HKOes Dewgong. Blizzard off Piloswine trigger an OHKO for Mirror Coat as well. You can beat those two without healing, depending on AI behavior (and even then, you may be better off spamming DBond on Piloswine)

Silver(27): Mirror Coat 2HKOes Golbat after Bite and Meganium after Razor Leaf. Don't bother with Magnemite due to Thunder Wave. Haunter and Sneasel are de facto immune to Wobbuffet|

Clair(31): Mirror Coat 2HKOes Dragonair after special coverage. Kingdra is OHKOed after Surf (Surf is a 2HKO). Obviously, you need to heal to beat three Dragonair and you cannot sweep due to the 2HKO

Silver(32): Mirror Coat 2HKOes Meganium, Magneton, and, if using Bite, Golbat. Haunter and Sneasel are immune, I'd not bother with Kadabra

Will(39): Mirror Coat OHKOes Jynx after Ice Punch and 2HKOes Xatu after Psychic. Counter 2HKOes Exeggutor after Egg Bomb. If trying to sweep, you need to heal after Jynx, assuming no hax whatsoever, and you can Destiny Bond on Slowbro, though you have to predict Curse / Amnesia correctly

Koga(40): Counter 2HKOes Muk and Crobat, Mirror Coat 3HKOes Ariados. Moth likes to Toxic it and Forry isn't worth bothering with. Note that Muk will likely force you to heal.

Bruno(41): Counter spam on Hitmons and Machamp generally works. Mirror Coat is needed on Hitmonchan, though. In my case, I managed to beat all of them with just one healing, though you want Machamp to not flinch you with Rock Slide

Karen(42): can only really damage Vileplume, the rest are just bad

Lance(42): Counter and Mirror Coat OHKO everything but Aerodactyl assuming you predict correctly. You will need to spam tons of items to sweep, but it's doable.

Growlithe

Whitney(20): Rollout builds up easily here, so nope

Silver(22): Dig OHKOes Magnemite, Bite KOes Haunter after Curse, Headbutt 2HKOes Zubat, and Charcoal Ember 3HKOes Bayleef

Morty(25): Dig OHKOes Gastly and Haunter #1 and 2HKOes the rest. Only Gastly is outsped, though Haunter #1 is speedtied

Chuck(30): Headbutt 3HKOes Primeape

Jasmine(30): Dig OHKOes Magnemite. Charcoal Ember 3HKOes Steelix. Fire Blast is needed to win, as Rock Throw is a 2HKO

Pryce(31): Charcoal Fire Blast OHKOes Piloswine and 3HKOes Dewgong. Headbutt 3HKOes Seel

Silver(33): Charcoal Fire Blast OHKOes everything but Golbat, which is put in range for Headbutt. Haunter is faster and Curses, though.

Clair(38): lol no

Silver(40): same as before, Fire Blast kills everything but Golbat.

Will(41): Psychic is a 2HKO on it, so nope

Koga(41): kills the Bugs

Bruno(41): it can try Fire Blasting stuff here, but it will be quickly brought down

Shellder

Silver(22): beats Zubat and Haunter

Morty(25): Surf KOes Gastly then the rest are faster and can 3HKO you at worst and abuse Curse too, while you 2HKO at best. Bad matchup

Chuck(30): Surf 3HKOes Primeape

Jasmine(30): can 1v1 Steelix

Pryce(31): can 1v1 Piloswine

Silver(33): MW Surf in rain OHKOes Haunter and Magnemite and 2HKOes Golbat and Sneasel. However, special attacks 3HKO you at worst, so it won't be doing much here.

Clair(38): NMI Blizzard puts Dragonair in red. Yeah, you are screwed here

Silver(40): at best beats Sneasel and Haunter, because special attacks just nuke it

Will(41): remember, Special attack nuke the poor Shellder :((

Koga(41): nope, special attacks are everywhere and when they are not there, it's facing something bulky nough to not care about its attacks

Bruno(41): my Poliwhirl was bad here, imagine this being better

thoughts:

Bellsprout (GS)
gonna say D-tier on this. It's not per se useless, but I can hardly call it useful. Sludge Bomb is nice when you hit neutrally, but so many Gyms resist Grass / Poison. E4 performance was pretty bad, given it was hit incredibly hard and its typing wasn't useful at all. I think Victreebel is likely gonna be D-tier, so if it does get tiered that low as well, we can just merge them. Sleep Powder can also be helpful

Exeggcute (GS)
Yeah, this is an easy E-tier for me. Exeggcute is stuck with... Barrage until level 19 and Exeggcute entirely relies on SleepSeed + Reflect against anything that isn't super weak to Confusion. Exeggcute had almost no good matchups on its own and its Slow growth rate makes it even more of a leech for your team. Don't use this

Vulpix (S)
This looks like a D-tier to me. Like Weepinbell, it wasn't all that great, but I cannot call it useless either. Flamethrower helped against Jasmine and Koga's Bug-types and Dig can help against Morty. I wouldn't recommend using it, but it seems a bit better than the trash that I'd put in E-tier.

Staryu (GS)
D-tier. Staryu was initially my best Pokemon, as it hit harder than its other stone evolutions and was the only one whose power was comparable. Everything changed, however, when I reached the E4, where Staryu was just trashed and where it basically lost any usefulness. Couple it with its typical issues (slow growth rate, backtrack for Rain Dance, wanting Thunder early on), you should probably consider using some other post-Gym 3 Water-type. Even without those Water-types existing, Staryu is a Pokemon that really only works for a few Gyms and then has little usefulness elsewhere

Poliwag (GS) (No Trade)
D-tier on this. Like literally every other stone evolution, this thing loses most of its usefulness in the end-game. It was great for Morty thanks to natural Rain Dance and had some utility elsewhere, like against Pryce, but the Poliwag phase + uselessness for the end-game make it all-around a bad choice for GS.

Wobbuffet (C)
This one was interesting. On one hand, this thing is a high-maintenance Pokemon (and by high, I mean really really really high), because it has to be healed almost every fight if you aren't switch grinding it. On the other hand, though, it can be surprisingly useful, as it KOed a surprising amount of tough opponents that even high-tiers generally struggle against. Notable threats that Wobbuffet beat with little effort include Miltank and Kingdra. Ghosts and Darks are pretty bad for it, as they are immune to Wobbuffet's attacks. At the E4, it needed lots of healing to sweep, but it could do that. It even managed to sweep Lance in my case, after I threw in maybe 7 Hyper Potions at worst.

Realistically, it's hard to say anything but E-tier on this. Even if it beats some of the tougher opponents, one cannot deny how much investment it needs to be leveled enough to take on later opponents. It also needs lots of healing items just to sweep alone. However, if we decide to be *really* generous and lenient with E / D, D-tier could work on Wobbuffet, but I think it requires so much investment that you really shouldn't use it, in spite of its achievements.

If playing on GS, this is an easy E-tier. It's only at the Dark Cave with Surf, meaning it skips Whitney. This makes it worse, though it also comes as high as level 25, so it may require less investment to beat Kingdra.

Growlithe (G)
D-tier. It had some use against rival due to powerful Fire Blast and was relatively useful for Jasmine and Pryce (with Fire Blast again), but fopped at the E4. Needing Fire Blast early on is also a huge turn off. Not much to say, honestly, useful in a few fights and pretty bad elsewhere

Shellder (GS)
Easiest E-tier from the two runs. Shellder is absolute garbage and you should never use it in any serious run. It's got an non-existant Special Defense and its other stats aren't very impressive either. Slow growth makes this even worse to train than it already is. Its contributions are generally limited to 1v1ing some threat on the opponent's team, but it never sweeps any fight. Please keep this in E and not any higher.

I will make a new post with what I think should be automatically E-tier, mostly to make my life easier when selecting unimpressive Pokemon to tier. Once I test most of these, I will test some of the more viable post-Pryce Pokemon and pretty much be done with testing here.

e: forgot to mention: I will be testing Scizor, Voltorb (in-game trade), Pidgey, and Meowth.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to testing yet, my internship has been taking a lot of time and energy out of me.

I'm hoping to go with Totodile, Spearow, Abra (No Trade), and Flareon. This should be quick and fun.

Upon checking the tier lists, I feel C is too low for Growlithe (Crystal). Growlithe is about as good against Falkner as Cyndaquil, destroys Bugsy, can defeat Whitney handily as my log demonstrated, is good against Morty, decent against the Rival, great against Jasmine, good against Will, good against Koga, and okay against Karen. That's at least nine bosses Growlithe is at least above average against, ten out of fourteen. I think B-tier is perfectly fine for the pupper. I feel the same about Scyther (Crystal), who can destroy 4.5/5 of the Elite Four and Lance with SD setup while also being good against Whitney with Fury Cutter, great against Chuck, and okay against Pryce. The Clair, Jasmine, and Morty matchups are admittedly dodgy - and the Rival and Bruno can be a bit problematic - but otherwise Scyther comes across as a straight B-tier by this tier list's standards.

I was thinking of Fire Blast (and even Solar Beam but that's just bad outside of hitting Slowbro) for the elite 4 but ultimately didn't use it. Fire Blast made Will easier. First Xatu was OHKOed and second one was a range

Koga was the same tbh and it didn't need Fire Blast because even with Fire Punch it's a solid win.

and except for OHKOing Karen's Vileplume, there weren't any differences
Pretty sure Sunny Day + Fire Blast should be a straight KO on both Xatu. I suppose you mean not using Sunny Day? Btw Typhlosion can't learn Solar Beam unfortunately. I apologize for misleading you if that's the case (and for the Machamp situation), I used Calciums on my Typhlosion before the E4 to boost their Special Attack, in addition to vitamins for the others. I believe that played a role in OHKOing the Machamp lol.

Fire Blast should 2HKO Muk under Sun, I don't think Fire Punch can do that outside Sun at all.

What about Umbreon? I vividly remember Sunny Fire Blast 2HKOing.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
ok so I finished my run and made the list of stuff that I am not gonna use for now, because I think they can be safely put in E-tier unless someone wants to test them. You aren't obligated to accept any nomination there, it's just for my own personal reference, but I am sharing it just in case it helps someone else.

Automatic E-tiers
I think these Pokemon should just be put in E-tier pending future tests. I tried to be conservative here and give a chance to as many Pokemon as possible, but in some cases, it is very obvious that there are tons of issues that make them impossible to justify on any serious team.

Obviously, I am more than happy to see if anything could rise from there. I included the Odd Egg Pokemon that don't have a better alternative, although I am not actually sure if we are tiering them. I have also included short justifications on why I think those should be E-tier.

The purpose of this list is moreso personal use than to be accepted officially. I am gonna use it to see what I don't need to test currently, but I am sharing it since it could be useful here

Pichu - Odd Egg Pokemon
Cleffa - Odd Egg Pokemon
Unown - the reasons for using Unown are *unknown* (hahahaha, get it? Because "Unown" and "Unknown" are pronounced the same, hahahaha *drops mic*)
Ditto - this thing always gets tiered in the bottom tier no matter the game and for a good reason. It's frail and slow before transforming and relies on speedties to outspeed after that. Furthermore, it almost never reverse sweeps, as the lead Pokemon aren't that great, in general.
Yanma - look at its movepool and you will know why. I would say this is one of the worst movepools I've ever seen in my life. Makes you wonder why they even created it on first place.
Tyrogue - too late in GS (Mt. Mortar after beating Clair), Odd Egg Pokemon in Crystal. Hitmonlee (C) might have a shot at D, but I doubt that it will make it there
Elekid - Odd Egg Pokemon
Natu - this thing's best moves are Night Shade and Future Sight
Shuckle - it's literally worse than Wobbuffet and that is speaking something.
Umbreon - I have talked about this, but it's got a Dark typing that doesn't help it, is a happiness evolution, and has no offensive stats.
Gligar - post-Gym 5-7 Pokemon, terrible learnset. At least in HGSS, it gets SD, but they decided that Gligar should start out terribly here.
Delibird - it's on Santa's naughty children list
Skarmory - comes late and its movepool is pretty bad, typing doesn't help offensively
Doduo/Dodrio - Doduo is available only after beating Clair. Dodrio is an in-game trade in Crystal at Blackthorn for a female Dragonair, but Dratini can no longer be bought there, so yeah, hf training it.
Ponyta - available only after beating Clair
Rhyhorn/Rhydon - Rhyhorn comes at the *Victory Road*. Rhydon appears as an in-game trade at Blackthorn as an in-game trade for female Dragonair in GS, but I doubt that it helps by a lot, not to mention you have to train a Dratini, so...
Sneasel (C) - Ice Punch STAB would be incredibly cool... if Sneasel didn't have 35 Special Attack. Note that GS ones are post-game.
Dratini (C) - No longer at the Game Corner. Earliest location is now Route 45 with Good Rod, so yeah, no reason to actually use this.

e: add Smeargle too

Below are what I am gonna call "potential E-tiers". This means that I think there is a strong case to putting those in E-tier, but I am not calling for actually placing them that low (yet) either because someone nominated it to a higher tier or I feel like testing it at some point:

Ledyba - not convinced it should be higher than E. While I understand that Dig can help it against Morty, I struggle to imagine another matchup that is actually good for Ledian and Ledyba is also awful in general. Even with a Fast growth rate, it will be a leech for your exp. as it will require switch grinding quite often.
Spinarak - similarly to the above, I am not sure what you are doing with Ariados. Sludge Bomb can help for one or two fights, but Spinarak looks like garbage 90% of the time.
Swinub - I want to try it myself, but it simply doesn't look great for the rest of the game
Teddiursa (G) - Friend Ball can push it to D-tier, but nothing higher
Phanpy (S) - highly doubt I am gonna say higher than E, but wanted to give it a chance
Weedle - looks pretty weak as Beedrill, Sludge Bomb can help in one or two matchups, but this will probably require more testing (so far, only one test has been submitted for it) before settling this

I decided to also look up the Untiered stuff:

Untiered
Per my own definition, a Pokemon is Untiered if it meets one of the following criteria:

- It can only be obtained after beating Lance
- it can only be obtained through events
- it can only be obtained by transferring it from another game (referring to Kanto starters, Legendary Birds, and Mewtwo)

A Pokemon would be considered Untiered if it's available in none of the three games. This means that Vulpix (C) isn't Untiered, because Vulpix is obtainable in S. However, Grimer is Untiered, because it's not obtainble regardless of the game played.

Grimer
Diglett
Kangaskhan
Murkrow
Houndour
Mr. Mime
Slugma
Misdreavus
Porygon
Chansey
Omanyte
Kabuto
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Larvitar
Mewtwo
Mew
Celebi

now, onto my run with Pidgey / Scizor / Voltorb / Meowth. Meowth assumes that you skip Morty and catch it with a Friend Ball. Ranking doesn't take into account Pay Day, which may be able to push it up a tier due to potentially allowing you to buy things like GC TMs much earlier or buying them early on without becoming broke afterwards.

Pidgeot

Falkner(12): Gust 3HKOes Pidgey and 4HKOes Pidgeotto. After taking two attacks from Pidgey, Pidgeotto 4HKOes you with its own Gust, but you are faster.

Bugsy(18): Gust 2HKOes Scyther. Easy sweep

Silver(18): Gust spam wins here, Bayleef is 2-3HKOed and the rest don't do anything to you

Whitney(21): PB Retutrn 2HKOes Clefairy. Miltank is faster and crushes it with Rollout

Silver(21): handles everything but Magnemite.

Morty(25): Gust 2HKOes Gastly and Haunter #1 and 3HKOes Haunter #2. Provided you don't get haxed, you can do a fair amount of work here

Chuck(30): Sharp Beak Gust 2HKOes Primeape and 3HKOes Poliwrath. Needs to evade Dynamic Punch to win

Jasmine(31): nope

Pryce(31): beats only Seel

Silver(33): beats everything but Magnemite, watch out for Curse, though

Clair(38): takes out only one Dragonair due to Ice Beam / Thunderbolt 2HKOing it

Silver(40): PB Return OHKOes Sneasel and Kadabra and 2HKOes Golbat. Wing Attack 2HKOes Haunter and Meganium (Fly also 2HKOes Haunter).

Will(41): PB Return 2HKOes Xatu, OHKOes Jynx, and 3HKOes Slowbro. Fly 2HKOes Exeggutor Psychic is a 3HKO on Pidgeot, so don't expect to beat more than three without healing offscreen

Koga(41): Sharp Beak Wing Attack 2HKOes Venomoth and Ariados. The rest are not great matchups

Bruno(42): beats Hitmons with no problems. Machamp is 2HKOed by Wing Attack, but can KO you with Cross Chop

Karen(42): beats Gengar, Murkrow, and Vileplume

Scizor

Whitney(20): Fury Cutter spam wins; Clefairy is KOed with three hits and Miltank is KOed by hits #4 and #5. Miltank 2HKOes with Rollout, but is slower. Cannot miss here, otherwise, you lose

Silver(22): Fury Cutter and Headbutt can beat Bayleef and Zubat, respectively, don't bother with the others

Morty(25): Pursuit 2HKOes Gastly and Haunter #1 (might be rolls, though) and 3HKOes Haunter #2. Watch out for hax

Chuck(31): PB Headbutt 2HKOes Primeape and 3HKOes Poliwrath. Poliwrath 3HKOes with Dynamic Punch after Leer. Good matchup, for most parts, just watch out for hax.

Jasmine(31): nope

Pryce(32): Fury Cutter spam wins here, as you aren't threatened whatsoever

Silver(33): PB Headbutt 2HKOes Golbat. Metal Claw 2HKOes Haunter and OHKOes Sneasel. Fury Cutter spam beats Meganium

Clair(38): PB Headbutt 2HKOes Dragonair. Only the TBolt one can deal damage to you

Silver(40): Metal Claw OHKOes Haunter and Sneasel and PB Return (~78 BP) OHKOes Kadabra and 2HKOes Golbat. Meganium can be beaten wth Fury Cutter spam

Will(42): +2 PB Return OHKOes Xatu and Jynx and 2HKOes the rest (+4 would OHKO). However, the typical haxers are faster and can make your life a misery.

Koga(42): SD twice then spam PB Return for the win. Venomoth's confusion is about your only issue

Bruno(42): SD twice and OHKO everything with PB Return, bar Onix, which dies to Metal Claw

Karen(43): +2 PB Return 2HKOes Umbreon and Vileplume and OHKOes Murkrow. Gengar is almost OHKOed by +2 Metal Claw. Avoid Houndoom

Lance(43): +4 Return / Metal Claw OHKOes everything. However, everything is faster than you and Charizard / Lv. 50 Dragonite have Fire moves, so no sweep here. You will need to heal a bit to beat the rest.

Electrode

Silver(22): Hard Stone Rollout can't sweep, as it takes five hits to take out 3/4 of his team and that's if you don't take into account the fact that it will be haxed with Supersonic by Magnemite.

Morty(25): Hard Stone Rollout can take out Gastly, Haunter #1, and Gengar (outspeeding all), assuming that it's not interrupted in any way

Chuck(30): Magnet Thunder 2HKOes Primeape and OHKOes Poliwrath

Jasmine(30): Magnet Thunder 2HKOes Magnemite. I wouldn't bother here due to paralysis and there being dozens of better options for killing Magnemite

Pryce(31): Best way to sweep here is to Hard Stone Rollout on Seel and beat it and Piloswine. Then set up rain and OHKO Dewgong with Thunder

Silver(33): Magnet Thunder takes care of everything bar Meganium, though you may want to avoid Magnemite

Clair(38): nope, can't beat anything

Silver(40): Magnet Thunder in rain almost OHKOes Sneasel and OHKOe Kadabra, Haunter, and Golbat. Rollout can make it through Meganium if you feel ballsy.

Will(41): Magnet Thunder OHKOes Xatu and Slowbro, avoid the rest

Koga(42): Magnet Thunder OHKOes Crobat and 2HKOes the rest bar Muk. I managed to take out 4/5 of his team without healing whatsoever

Bruno(42): Thunder 2HKOes Hitmons, so don't expect to do much here, as it doesn't take their attacks well

Karen(42): beats Murkrow and Gengar

Lance(42): Magnet Thunder in rain OHKOes all the non-Dragons. Gyarados generally tends to set up rain for you, while Aero and Zard cannot 2HKO you and are slower, so taking them out should be fairly easy.

Persian

Chuck(30): PB Return 2HKOes Primeape and 3HKOes Poliwrath. Reliant on DPunch misses

Jasmine(30): you'd think it learns Dig, but it actually doesn't

Pryce(31): PB Return OHKOes Seel and 2HKOes the rest

Silver(33): beats Sneasel, Haunter, and Golbat

Clair(38): PB Return puts Dragonair in red, though you are 4HKOed by special coverage, so you are taking out two at best

Silver(40): PB Return beats Sneasel, Golbat, and Kadabra. Meganium can be defeted with little hassle if you are healthy enough and don't have a Curse. Haunter is 2HKOed by Bite.

Will(41): PB Return OHKOes Jynx and 2HKOes Xatu. You get 2HKOed by Psychic, so you aren't taking out more than two threats

Koga(41): PB Return 2HKOes Ariados, and Venomoth. Crobat and Muk spam evasion moves and Forry is a no.

Bruno(41): lol no

Karen(41): meh, at best beats Murkrow and Gengar

thoughts:

Pidgey
I think I am fine with C-tier, even though it's really mediocre at places and the E4 performance could have been better. In my case, it managed to sweep Falkner and Bugsy and was very useful for the Azalea rival fight (which can be vital if you picked Totodile, as the answers to Bayleef seem quite limited). In general, it's good for the rival, mostly struggling with Magnemite and most likely any non-Grass starter. Its E4 performance was meh, though it had some use against Bruno and Karen. Ultimately, C is fine for me, though I wouldn't rule out D as a possibility. What really helps as well is Med Slow growth rate, which makes it incredibly easy to grind.

Scyther (Trade)
yeah, just like in HGSS, I strongly advise AGAINST evolving Scyther. Scizor is just outright worse than Scyther and, beyond Pryce, I cannot think of any matchup where I'd want to use Scizor over Scyther. The higher Attack is nice, but Scizor is slower and that's incredibly relevant at the E4, where Attack difference basically vanishes due to Swords Dance (for example, Scyther can crush Lance much more easily since it outspeeds most of his things, whilst Scizor is outsped by everything there). Furthermore, Scyther is much better for Chuck, who I consider a more important matchup due to the hax involved . So in conclusion, Scyther is better than Scizor.

Now, what also makes Scizor worse is Metal Coat. And do you know how you can get it? You can item hunt it off Magnemite. Okay, nice. And do you know how rare Metal Coat is? That's right, 2%!!!! And consider the fact that you don't get the Thief TM until you raid the Rocket Hideout. Oh did I mention that Magnemite has a flee rate of 10%? Yeah, you really need Thief here.

In terms of rank, I'd put Scizor in D-tier (regardless of Scyther's final ranking and I think C-tier is fine, that thing is a chore to find and catch. Not to mention that Fury Cutter and Headbutt being your best moves for a while doesn't help much against major opponents). Honestly, I'd advocate for just outright not tiering Scizor, but instead just write up Scyther and say that Scizor is not worth using, as Scyther performs pretty much the same anyways without pouring in that much time and effort to get a Metal Coat.

Voltorb
Assuming in-game trade, since it's basically superior to the other variations. So the first problem is that this thing has like no good moves when you get it. It has only Tackle and Sonic Boom, along with Rollout through your own TMs. It also doesn't get an Electric STAB move whatsoever, beyond Thunder through TMs, meaning you have to get it as soon as possible and basically leave yourself broke. Oh and since you are using Thunder, you need to backtrack for Rain Dance, unless you feel like losing to Chuck to get Fly first to save time.

Performance-wise, Electrode isn't really impressive either. It can get past Chuck and most of Pryce with ThunderDance, but its E4 performance is limited to it taking out a few things per team (bar Bruno, where it's not really great). Its biggest contribution was that it singlehandedly beat Lance's non-Dragonites, as it outspeeds all of them and can set up Rain Dance safely on two of them (while Gyarados sets it up for you). It is also easy to grind because it's a traded Pokemon. Ultimately, though, I wouldn't place it higher than C, I'd even suggest D-tier, though I can't say I am fully decided on either tier, so more tests may be needed. Leaning towards D due to starting out with no good moves, requiring Thunder early on, and the backtrack for Rain Dance, all of which do not lead to a good amount of great matchups

Meowth
Assuming that you catch Meowth with Friend Ball (thus skipping Morty), I'd place Meowth in D-tier, not considering Pay Day. PB Return is nice in the beginning, but Persian kind of falls off in the end-game and often fails to get more than two KOs against end-game opponents. If you catch it as early as possible, you get to become rich with Pay Day, but you sacrifice some power and you are forced to rely on Headbutt for a while. D-tier for now, could be C-tier, someone needs to look into using Pay Day Meowth. I feel like I may be too harsh, though, so if you feel this way too, feel free to call me out

next team: Gastly (No Trade) / Togepi / Stantler (GS) / Koffing. Haunter will be interesting, since it doesn't learn the elemental punches.

e: Stantler (GS) to be more specific.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)