Lower Tiers GSC UU

What are you even trying to say? Ebuzz checks slowbro just fine (but you won't be switching it in too often, except on a rest I guess), and just so happens to be able to 3hko nido. That's pretty nice because it forces nido to recover at some point if it doesn't want to die, giving you the advantage. Then you can switch to a nido check(/counter) like granbull/mr mime and then go on the offensive. It's also not true that lanturn and mr mime are the only counters. See:
What you are even try to say? I never said electa didnt counter bro... he counters, but he didnt counters nido! I mean, is that so difficult to understand? Bro + nido is good against electrics. Do you disagree? Do you really think that electabuzz or other electric is a good counter to a bro + nido? REALLY?

This literally makes no sense. Because electabuzz is better (or maybe it's not, whatever) doesn't mean raichu has to always click surf? You can also use tbolt? Not using surf doesn't mean you've ruined that teamslot, idgi.
I see no sense in dropping electabuzz for a raichu surfless... unless you wanna run both of them.

By this logic electabuzz is literally just as predictable, because like Enigami said surf and psychic to the same damage so uh...
No man, you dont want to switch your grass to electabuzz, since all the grass types are half poison and can be 2hko by psichyc, you want to switch to nido, see here:

Your electabuzz numbers just prove he is shut down by nido... is a 2 HKO vs a 3 HKO, do the math (also, where did i stated electaboobs didnt existed? lol). "Oh but if the player predicts correctly the switch", if a player predicts correctly every switch than he can win no matter what, thats not the point. Also, nido has LK and/or moonlight for you to take into account, nido can put electaboobs to sleep or just tank with moonlight and than earthquake it to oblivion.

Laveley instead of actually responding I'm just gonna recommend a book. You should really check it out

sorry for this post I think it's cringy too
English isnt my natural language. I'm sorry if i dont live to your standards of comprehension, however, i dont think theres a comprehension error of my part. All i said since my first comment is this topic is simple; there are few counters to bro+ nido combo in this tier. Electabuzz and raichu certainly aint one of them. My comment on raichu surf is that is predictable and electabuzz simply cant stand a 1X1 duel with nido, even if it hits a psichyc on the switch still is a though match.

English isnt my natural language. I'm sorry if i dont live to your standards of comprehension, however, i dont think theres a comprehension error of my part. All i said since my first comment is this topic is simple; there are few counters to bro+ nido combo in this tier. Electabuzz and raichu certainly aint one of them. My comment on raichu surf is that is predictable and electabuzz simply cant stand a 1X1 duel with nido, even if it hits a psichyc on the switch still is a though match.
No worries (it's not my first language either heh, sorry if that was just plain rude). Ebuzz/raichu definitely don't counter, and ampharos is a much better reliable switch-in to slowbro, but because electabuzz can hit nidoqueen for some damage it's better versus nido+bro, from an offensive standpoint, because you force nidoqueen to predict at some point. Raichu and electabuzz match up against nidoqueen about the same; they have to predict in the same ways (except electabuzz can hit a potential grass type, but electabuzz doesn't always have to psychic just as much as raichu doesn't always have to surf) against nidoqueen. They are equally predictable, and neither can 1v1 nido. It seemed to me (and the Enigami dude I think) like you were claiming that electrics were 100% invalidated because of nidoqueen which is definitely wrong, and we then tried to show you why that's the case. We never said that they counter nidoqueen, which you claimed we said.

fyi I got into this stupid argument because I wanted to comment on Fireburn's list, hoping to maybe spark some discussion on how slowbro can still annoy its checks/counters with twave, how you can deal with that in your team structure so you're not affected by it as much, how spikes factor in all of this, how to maintain offensive pressure with certain mons/ideas to prevent slowbro from being too effective, realise slowbro isn't really as insane as I once thought but still a royal pain to deal with, etc but whatever

Last edited:
No worries (it's not my first language either heh, sorry if that was just plain rude). Ebuzz/raichu definitely don't counter, and ampharos is a much better reliable switch-in to slowbro, but because electabuzz can hit nidoqueen for some damage it's better versus nido+bro, from an offensive standpoint, because you force nidoqueen to predict at some point. Raichu and electabuzz match up against nidoqueen about the same; they have to predict in the same ways (except electabuzz can hit a potential grass type, but electabuzz doesn't always have to psychic just as much as raichu doesn't always have to surf) against nidoqueen. They are equally predictable, and neither can 1v1 nido. It seemed to me (and the Enigami dude I think) like you were claiming that electrics were 100% invalidated because of nidoqueen which is definitely wrong, and we then tried to show you why that's the case. We never said that they counter nidoqueen, which you claimed we said.

fyi I got into this silly argument because I wanted to comment on Fireburn's list, hoping to maybe spark some discussion on how slowbro can still annoy its checks/counters with twave, how you can deal with that in your team structure so you're not affected by it as much, how spikes factor in all of this, how to maintain offensive pressure with certain mons/ideas to prevent slowbro from being too effective, realise slowbro isn't really as insane as I once thought but still a royal pain to deal with, etc but whatever
I was trying to say exactly this, i can agree they have to predict in the same ways, but raichu is worst IMO because the nido player can just switch in a grass type instead of nido. That aside, ofc isnt an 100% sure counter to all electrics. Very few things are 100% and rng always play its part. When i say "shut down" i mean it gets really difficult to counter that set. Being the few counters i mentioned in my first post.

Twave is good but i prefer to use it whenever i use just bro in the team. Status is always handy anyways in this tier, specially paralysis, sometimes it feels like i'm playing RBY OU where it frequently the outcome depends of that paralysis check.

p2

Banned deucer.
I like this tier a lot, and I don't find anything particularly broken, just that Nidoqueen is the single best mon in the tier, with Slowbro/King and Amphy just behind. Despite the tier revolving around the aforementioned mons, they all play a key part in keeping the tier stable and balanced, since they all keep each other in check, removing them would just cause unneeded instability in the tier. (removing all 3 would be interesting but they're too far from problematic to kick them out).

I really like Dodrio in this tier though, Polkadot Bow boosted Returns sting most of the tier with HP Ground to nail Magneton. It also sits at a solid speed tier, outrunning most stuff outside of Electabuzz/Scyther/Pluff. EndFlail is really strong too and provides some devastating wallbreaking and sweeping potential. Being Ground immune and by extension, Spikes immune is also very nice too given the ubiquity of Qwilfish as the main spiker.

Victreebel is really strong too, SD can power through a lot of things, makes for a solid breaker. Doesn't like fast Psychics much though and its lack of bulk and defensive typing can make it a bit of a liability at times.

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
- Lovely Kiss
- Thunder
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
- Thunder Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Psychic

Dodrio @ Polkadot Bow
Ability: Run Away
IVs: 24 Atk
- Return
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Endure
- Flail

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
- Spikes
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
IVs: 28 Atk / 28 Def
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Victreebel @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
IVs: 24 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-185298
I used this team against worms in DerDomme and unfortunately lost, that was mostly due to many slip ups on my part and being impatient, I tried to go for game with Victreebel and got it crit by his Slowbro when I could set up on other mons on EWs team. This was also the first team I made for GSC UU and it's done decently well. Shuckle was also extremely annoying to deal with since I dropped Surf for Twave on Slowking. I could take advantage of it for extra recovery on Queen/Bel but I ended up wasting PP and making the late game much more difficult for me.

Pursuit Electabuzz is very interesting. It helps a lot in teams with a mono-normal attacker (Curse Granbull, Drum + LK Politoed, etc.), as it can snipe Haunter as it flees from a 2HKO.

Pineco is surprisingly good for a UU Spiker and Explosion is very helpful. His Explosion is stronger than Electrode's.

I also find that Return is better than Double-edge on Drum Politoed, because the recoil reduces his ability to take hits and thus makes it harder to sweep. Keep in mind that Politoed doesn't get STAB physical moves and doesn't even reach 999 attack at +6.

I really like this tier. I hope that, after the RoA Spotlight is over, the ladder stays on the server. It's a good break from OU.

I also find that Return is better than Double-edge on Drum Politoed, because the recoil reduces his ability to take hits and thus makes it harder to sweep. Keep in mind that Politoed doesn't get STAB physical moves and doesn't even reach 999 attack at +6.

I really like this tier. I hope that, after the RoA Spotlight is over, the ladder stays on the server. It's a good break from OU.
Its nice to see a rise in popularity of the belly drum poliwrath/toed after i started to use it.
I tried one variation with ariados lock + baton pass. Ariados is surprisingly resistant in this tier, it can resist mostly 3 hits against non-weakness. Too bad it has poison type, which makes it weak against many things, if it at least had a sleep move, it would be very strong. Also, i though that mist blocked haze because bulbapedia information, but that doesnt seems to be the case, so in the end i have to still rely on that 70% lk against haze, too bad double-edge doesnt ohko crobat, hyper-beam does the job but than your opponent gets a free move against you, it can be better than lk depending on the situation.

Another thing: people need to start using phazers on their UU teams. Otherwise Baton Pass teams and certain Curse users can just run over your team. I find Blastoise to be really good at this role, due to his natural bulk and access to Reflect. Haze can also work, yes, but Roar/Whirlwind also gets rid of Substitute.

Another thing: people need to start using phazers on their UU teams. Otherwise Baton Pass teams and certain Curse users can just run over your team. I find Blastoise to be really good at this role, due to his natural bulk and access to Reflect. Haze can also work, yes, but Roar/Whirlwind also gets rid of Substitute.
Hehe, its funny because early month few people (almost no one really) were using baton pass centered teams. Thing is, if you use too much phazers/baton pass checkers you will risk make your team weaker against other non-baton teams.

Hehe, its funny because early month few people (almost no one really) were using baton pass centered teams. Thing is, if you use too much phazers/baton pass checkers you will risk make your team weaker against other non-baton teams.
One should be enough. Plus it also helps if your teams has spikes, for spikes-shuffling.

Hi guys!

What would be then the list of pokes that would be considered UU and then Banned for inferior tiers?
You mean for like GSC NU? The modern NU people played a version of GSC NU for a while some time ago. It was used in room tours and stuff. Here's their tierlist / viability rankings. Idk if there's anything else, but that's the most recent GSC NU variant I've seen.
If you want to look at the stats from last month and then draw a line like we do in modern gens, the stats aren't out yet from August, but they should be out any day now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)