Resource Guide to the ORAS OU metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also add the roll compendium

Edit: Probably should just add everything in my sig underneath Random Useful Stuff and Things that's not already here except the image showing the types.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd recommend linking the newer cores thread run by boltsandbombers rather than the old one. Maybe some of the other stuff in littlelucario's sig wouldn't hurt either.

Very useful thread for beginners and as a reference point for finding threads, nice job. :)

Removed: Old Viability Rankings, Ctc's Teambuilding Archive/workshop, (inactivity of thread) Metagrossite being suspected at top due to the votes passing as not ban, Henry's ORAS Good Cores.

Added:Old Viability Rankings, Team Magma Synergy Calculator, CTC Teambuilding Compendium, Normal Role Compendium, Terminology database, Guide To lures in ORAS OU, Pokemon Calculator.

Alright there we go for now more smaller updates soon just needed to get this stuff out of the way.

So one thread that I wanted to bring up was an old thread by Wiz T7, which can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/team-building-guide.3502654/

It's pretty old, as evident by the date of the first post, but I think it provides a really nice overview of how to structure teams, which I feel that a lot of the current active threads lack. I know Doughboy has a pretty good thread on how to build around a single mon, but this thread also talks about how to build HO teams, stall teams, and teams based on cores all in one article.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Shadow_Sneak, do u mind replacing the link of Tesung's PotW thread in the OP with this link? Its my archive and all my PotW threads are near the top. Thanks.

Also if doughboy continues his Teambuilding Project, then it should definitely be added.

Reactions: AM

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't see too much different about it from the previous calculator; and many important Pokémon like Serperior are still missing their actual sets.
Didn't realize that dude, thanks for he catch! It still is nice for quick calcs w/Pokemon that have the right stats if you wanna use /calc on showdown. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Serperior analysis is still being written for OU, so there probably won't be a contrary set for a while.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some people checking out this thread will probably wonder why their favorite op mon is banned so it could be helpful to have short descriptions about the more controversial stuff (basically everything that's been suspected I guess).

I agree with lemonades suggest ion. Even if its just for aegis, gren and genesect whom are the most divisive even months on they still attract debate.

Just lwt people know this is not the place to debate them

Surprised nobody posted but I would add Agent Gibbs OU Checks Compendium:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-checks-compendium-read-post-72.3532549/

This is a massive work, seriously there are like 400+ images there, and it shouldn't fade to oblivion; truthfully, I consider having a list of tried and true checks much more important than the Team magma synergy calculator, which only considers type, and not many more other things, like even coverage of threats.

Gonna update this soon sorry about my lack of editing the post but I did put the M-Meta pick in a hide tag due to multiple complaints of its size.

Can you add a link to the most recent usage statistics for OU, and for its separate elo cutoffs? (1400+, 1650+ etc)

I remember seeing it once but now I can't find the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)