HailNoFail team!

Team HailNoFail:

This is the team so far. The type coverage is good enough for me, and 2 pokemons have a SR weakness, pretty nice for a Hail Team right? Abomasnow is a great lead though Gyarados might be a problem for him. Well Here's some more In Depth info about Team HailNoFail:

In Depth:

LetItSnow! (Abomasnow) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP/96 SAtk/160 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Leech Seed
---My Hail starter. The first thing i should note is Gyarados, which completly owns this. Besides him, it makes a good lead. Substitute first, as most are just stupid Suicide Leads. Hail cripples them and i destroy them with Blizzard or Focus Punch. Blizzard is just crazy with Hail, does alot of damage and lets garchomp think twice before switching in. Focus Punch is for steel types that thinks they can switch in, and it does good damage to blissey. Leech Seed is good to recover damage Sub did.

-------------------------------------------------------

WALLrein (Walrein) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Protect
- Surf
---This thing is Crazy in Hail Teams, it walls metagross easily, and kills him with STAB surf. Substitute is nice, because Ice Body and Leftovers restores the sub damage anyways. Protect is for 3 things, Recovery for Ice Body and Lefties, for toxic Spikes and to scout what my opponent is going to do. Overall a nice pokemon in Hail. As toxic is not needed thanks to Toxic Spikes, i chose for Blizzard because otherwise Celebi walls me and he'll Grass Knot me. This thing is just insanly hard to beat.

Dracula (Gliscor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Fang
- Earthquake
- Roost
---This is the perfect Fight move absorber for me. It's my favourite pokemon actually. Thisis apretty standard Gliscor with the exception of Thunder Fang. I used that instead of Ice Fang because i already got enough ice moves, and it's for suprise. Everything else is standard here. I replaced Gliscor with Spiritomb because it survived better.

OwnSwine (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/208 Spd/48 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
---This pokemon is capable of killing an entire team, as it did lotsa times for me. Blizzard kills gliscors and Skarmory. For that reason alone it should carry Blizzard. Ice Shard for faster pokemon, Earthquake for good STAB an Stone Edge for gyarados. Overall a nice pokemon and with Snow Cloak it's really good in this team although it isn't used that much.

TentaScrew (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 204 HP/36 Spd/96 SAtk/172 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes
---I finally found out why this is usefull in Hail. Rapid Spin is the answer here. It's a good pokemon that absorbs Toxic Spikes. Blizzard with Hail is pwnage, Surf for Stab. Toxic Spikes is 2 set up. I also found out this is usefull against Mixapes and it switches in against Fire Moves. Overall a nice pokemon. Earthquake is a problem here, but i got Abmomasnow for that as he can take it. Also Walrein can come in EQ.

Fatman (Hariyama) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP/180 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Force Palm
- Thunder Punch
---This is my some sort of Gyarados ''Counter''. I switch it into Gyarados, which will Taunt, DD or Stone Edge. I'll just do Thunder Punch in return and damage it alot. This is also somewhat of my Status Absorber and he does a good job at it aswell. I chose Force Palm for the PP, as Revenge didnt worked out and Cross Shop is just 8 PP. I might consider Vital Throw as it never misses.

Pokemon i ditched out:

ImDaGhost (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Cresselia (F) @ Chesto Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/108 Def/148 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- SleepTalk
- Rest
- Psychic
- Charge Beam

Garydos (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Im2Uber4U! (Garchomp) (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

SpiritBomb (Spiritomb) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def/252 HP
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fight]
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Threat List:

Gyarados: Kills everything on my team with Stone Edge and Waterfall. Though Chomp and MAYBE Gliscor can take care of him. And if he does have a big amount of damage, Ice Shard from mamoswine should do the job.

Bronzong: Walls my entire team and Gyro Balls me 2 doom. Good that it doesnt have a reliable recovery move. Chomp should take care of this guy.

Gengar: Let me tell you, the broken Chomp takes care of him. And as frail as he is, Tentacruel can take 1 T-bolt, while i kill him with surf. Abomasnow can take care of him IF Focus Blast misses :P Mamoswine kills it off with Ice Shard aswell.

Weavile: I got Tentacruel to take care of him, as his puny attacks wont hurt Tenta much. I think gliscor can survive 1 ice punch, and kill it back with Stone Edge. I also got Chomp for him.

Magnezone: When it Magnet Rises, i have a problem, usually got chomp to take care of him, or else Abomasnow does. IF they both are out im screwed.

Any Suggestions and/or fixes are appreciated!

Yes Cresselia is a great idea, thnx alot for telling me. Is there any other suggestions, thnx for all those replies i appreciate it alot :D

Tentacruel is there for Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin. He and Gengar work great together.

EDIT: Electivire can sort of ruin your team unless you get lucky with Snow Cloak or he misses And Electivire with Crosschop, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Earthquake can walk through this team if your Garchomp is down. That's where Cresselia comes in and walls it, although it's attacks don't do much against Electivire, so I'd consider Psychic for STAB.

Cresselia @ Chesto Berry
Rest
Sleep Talk/Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunder Wave

You don't need Ice Beam since you have 4 Pokemon with Ice-type moves. Chesto Berry gives you a chance to wake up and not rely on Sleep Talk to pick the wrong move. I reccomend it over Lum Berry, in case you get Poisoned/Burned and you waste the berry. You can then Rest of the status. Sleep Talk is reccomended if you want to survive longer and Calm Mind is good if you want Cresselia to get some kills. Slow them down, raise your SpA and go for a STAB'd Psychic. Or you can just switch to something else.

As for Abomasnow, you might want Substitute over Protect since Leech Seed restores your health.

Now Walrein. When you check the IVs at lv 1 or when it's UT, tell me the HP Stat. Then find the closest number divisible by 8 or 16 and give it enough EVs to get to that for max Ice Body Healing. For example. My Breloom has 256 HP, and when it recovers from poison heal, it gains 16 health wrather than 5 or 10. You can then put the extra EVs into SpDef or SpA.

Hope these suggestions help/give you ideas!

I would recommend also not using names that give away your strategy, even if they are often limited to one moveset (WALLrein and particularly IEatSwords).

Lol i wish i could change WALLrein, i dont like it xD. The chomp's name is the 1 i can change though, as it is mines :P any other suggestions thnx alot Ashenlock ;)

Pretty solid. I would recommend Regice over Tentacruel, or over Walrien, as it can pretty much run their sets but with better defense. :/

Mind rating my team?
Not at all. Not only can Tentacruel set up Toxic Spikes, but it absorbs them and spins away other entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock, making him a vital part of this team. Walrein stalls with Ice Body, and Regice can't do that at all.

If you're gonna use Cress, use Lefties and not Chesto Berry. You can't afford to lose 1/16 your HP every turn even if you got rest.

On your garchomp set does the hail get rid of yache berry when it gets hit by it?
No it doesnt, the Yache Berry is still in effect which is awesome afcourse :D. You got a point there Bogmire, i'l use Lefties then. I got 2 pokes that are weak to SR, i dont mind at all though.

I am concerned about Cresselia, Gyarados can Taunt ResTalk, and set up, while Heracross can Megahorn Cresselia (especially with Guts active because of your Toxic Spikes).

I suggest replacing it with the standard Counter-Mespirit (smogon analysis)

Mespirit: @ Chesto Berry / Leftovers

252 HP / 68 Def / 92 SpA / 96 SpD
Bold (+Def, -Atk)

Thunderbolt
Rest / U- Turn
Psychic
Sleep Talk / Thunder Wave / U-Turn

Mespirit is great because its faster, and has better Special Attack, as well as U-turn (take that Weavile switch-ins!), three things over Cresselia.

Handles your Gyarados problem, as well as Infernape. Thunderwave can be used over Rest, since it can stop Flying, Levitating, and Steel pokemon who are Immune to Toxic Spikes.

Rest kind of is there to let it survive (and to better replace Cresselia by being similar), but you could even use U-turn. I suggested Rest even though its not in the analysis because it lets it live longer, and it works well if you use Chesto, otherwise.

Thunderwave is for faster threats like CB Aerodactyl (which hits many of your Pokemon for Super Effective damage: Stone Edge on Abamasnow/Walrein, Ice Fang on Garchomp, etc.)

uh, he means that gyara can taunt cress' resttalk set and dd up
Why would he dd up with no attacks... speedy taunt?

Anyway cress will stall itself with no lefties. Switch it back to tenta, and make garchomp a gliscor. Toxic spikes are needed on hail teams. You could also change gengar to resTalkTomb.

I am concerned about Cresselia, Gyarados can Taunt ResTalk, and set up, while Heracross can Megahorn Cresselia (especially with Guts active because of your Toxic Spikes).

I suggest replacing it with the standard Counter-Mespirit (smogon analysis)

Mespirit: @ Chesto Berry / Leftovers

252 HP / 68 Def / 92 SpA / 96 SpD
Bold (+Def, -Atk)

Thunderbolt
Rest / U- Turn
Psychic
Sleep Talk / Thunder Wave / U-Turn

Mespirit is great because its faster, and has better Special Attack, as well as U-turn (take that Weavile switch-ins!), three things over Cresselia.

Handles your Gyarados problem, as well as Infernape. Thunderwave can be used over Rest, since it can stop Flying, Levitating, and Steel pokemon who are Immune to Toxic Spikes.

Rest kind of is there to let it survive (and to better replace Cresselia by being similar), but you could even use U-turn. I suggested Rest even though its not in the analysis because it lets it live longer, and it works well if you use Chesto, otherwise.

Thunderwave is for faster threats like CB Aerodactyl (which hits many of your Pokemon for Super Effective damage: Stone Edge on Abamasnow/Walrein, Ice Fang on Garchomp, etc.)
I'm not sure about this, i need more of an Special Wall that also can take some Special attacks. I'm still playtesting the team with Tentacruel, maybe i find him usefull in some way. I'll consider this if he and cress wont work. i'ts a great idea though. Thnx for your help :D

Why would he dd up with no attacks... speedy taunt?

Anyway cress will stall itself with no lefties. Switch it back to tenta, and make garchomp a gliscor. Toxic spikes are needed on hail teams. You could also change gengar to resTalkTomb.
The RestTalkTomb is a good idea, but i wont replace it with gar since gengar is a gr8 revenge killer. Then i would replace it with Cresselia. Lucky for me i have a RestTalkTomb so i can try it out, and i also got shoddy to test my team. Again thnx for your help.

If you're gonna use Cress, use Lefties and not Chesto Berry. You can't afford to lose 1/16 your HP every turn even if you got rest.
Cress can take lots of hits and hail won't matter >_> She'd do great on this team because of her Fighting and Ground resistance. She gets 3HKOd by an Infernape with Flamethrower. You can just Rest that off, and still the Hail won't kill you.

Cress can take lots of hits and hail won't matter >_> She'd do great on this team because of her Fighting and Ground resistance. She gets 3HKOd by an Infernape with Flamethrower. You can just Rest that off, and still the Hail won't kill you.
why wouldn't hail matter? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, you can't afford to rest every time hail steals have your hp from just sitting there.

It doesn't steal half your HP and I've had my Cress in a Sandstorm and nothing happened. Also the Chesto Berry helps >_>

Guys stop it i font us that stupid Cresselia anymore its useless for me. i'd rather use Tentacruel than Cress. I used Lefties becuase its better and balance the Hail damage. Chesto is jsut for once, and i got sleepttalk anyway so it doesnt really matter.

I'm a bit concerned about my Stone Weakness. I mean, 3 pokemons are weak to it and i got no resister at all. I was considering Gallade, as it takes Fight and Stone moves, but his defense is frail. What should i do i need help with this it just doesnt feel right, i never had problems with it though.

I'm a bit concerned about my Stone Weakness. I mean, 3 pokemons are weak to it and i got no resister at all. I was considering Gallade, as it takes Fight and Stone moves, but his defense is frail. What should i do i need help with this it just doesnt feel right, i never had problems with it though.
You could opt for a Bulky Ground Pokemon like Donphan, Rhyperior, or Swampert maybe. I use Rhyperior for my Rock Weakness and it takes only 10-25% from Stone Edges. It can also set up Stealth Rock and hit back hard. Donphan is useful as a Rapid Spinner, too.

i tried both swampert and donphan instead for Gyarados. But both fails to ''wall'' SDluke as gyarados does a great job at it. I could replace Gengar with Dusknoir or Spritomb, as it gives me some more Bulkiness.

Really good team man. I would make gengar the starter, because if he comes out on hail, it might hurt its sweeping abiliby. However, since you have choice scarf, it might not be that big of a problem. Well, anyway good team, see you on the chat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)