Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
When there's a genderless Pokemon and a Ditto, which one counts as the mother and which one counts as the father?
Technically the Genderless Pokémon is the father since it only has a 20% chance to pass down its Hidden Ability (Gen VI only); males have a 20% chance when paired with Ditto while females have a universal 80%. Otherwise, I don't think it matters since neither the Genderless Pokémon nor the Ditto can pass down their Poké Ball type to the offspring.

Last edited:
I do not know if it is appropriate to ask this here, but anyway, here is the question. I am currently breeding a 6 IV Timid Ditto with Limber holding an Everstone with a 5 IV Porygon having Download holding a Destiny Knot. I am trying to breed a 5/6IV Porygon that has Trace (eventually becoming Adaptability with Porygon-Z) but I seem to be getting only Download Porygons when breeding like this. Do I have any luck breeding a Porygon with Trace in this way? (by the way the game is ORAS).

I do not know if it is appropriate to ask this here, but anyway, here is the question. I am currently breeding a 6 IV Timid Ditto with Limber holding an Everstone with a 5 IV Porygon having Download holding a Destiny Knot. I am trying to breed a 5/6IV Porygon that has Trace (eventually becoming Adaptability with Porygon-Z) but I seem to be getting only Download Porygons when breeding like this. Do I have any luck breeding a Porygon with Trace in this way? (by the way the game is ORAS).
You can indeed get a Trace Porygon through this method, yes; just Download is much more likely. You're just having a bit of bad luck.

Hello, im new here and im just getting back into pokemon, im just trying to get orientated to smogon.

oh and I just started playing fire red again, do recommend any early game pokemon teams that work with squirtle?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use an ability capsule too, just focus on getting the IV spread you want.

Anyone know if any other megas besides Flygon didn't happen because of developers unable to settle on a design?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone know if any other megas besides Flygon didn't happen because of developers unable to settle on a design?
I don't believe there was ever an official comment about anything else.

The only "what could have been" I know of is that Mega Metagross was originally going to have higher Attack and the ability Levitate, but I don't remember the source for that.

No idea who that is but he couldn't really be worse than Verslify, can he?
Verlisify at least has a general idea of what he is talking about in his videos. I recently watched a few TyranitarTube videos, and the dude isn't all that... informed? Nothing against the effort he puts into his videos, but it just isn't that good.

subscribers can be like that, they want to viciously protect their beloved you tuber and gang up on anyone with different ideals or if they oppose them or their you tuber.

Okay, I am at the elite four and here is my team. Please keep in mind I am playing THE ORIGINAL RUBY, NOT OMEGA RUBY.

Blaziken(Chugga) Lv.41- If you get the reference, then you have my respect.
Quick Attack
Double Kick
Bulk Up
Blaze Kick

Hariyama Lv.39
Fake Out
Bulk Up
Earthquake
Brick Break

Gardevoir Lv.39
Calm Mind
Psychic
Flash
Thunderbolt

Camerupt Lv.43 (Holding Exp. Share)
Amnesia(Will replace with Eruption when it happens)
Rock Slide
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Sharpedo Lv. 47
Surf
Crunch
Ice Beam
Waterfall

Groudon Lv.51
Solarbeam
Bulk Up
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Sydney is pretty easy, although is Double Team/Sand Attack strategy can be VERY ANNOYING.

Pheobe is very easy, as Sharpedo and Groudon can handle her.

Glacia is where things get bumpy. For some reason, her Lv.50 Glalie is UNGODLY fast. Groudon can't one shot it because it uses hail so Fire Blast won't kill. Yet what really gets me is my Groudon can outspeed her other Glalie thats at Lv.52. Yah, try to wrap your head around that.

Solarbeam and Gardevoir's Thunderbolt are able to 2HKO both of her Sealeo, and then in comes Walrein, and boy that thing is a bulky *** mother****er. I can't OHKO it with anything, and can easily return with Blizzard, which OHKOs my Groudon, Body Slam hits Gardevoir hard, and so its hard to take out.

Drake I can get past his Shelgon and His Altaria. If I am lucky I can get past his first Flygon. Then his other Flygon and Salamence can easily take me down, using Flamethrower under Groudon's sun just too rub salt in the wound.

After doing some research I realized that Game Freak made some really bad choices. Gardevoir, Sharpedo and Groudon are in the "Slow" Exp. Group, meaning they take 1,250,000 exp. points to reach lv.100. I can see why Groudon is there, but WHY are Gardevoir and Sharpedo there?

They arn't really that good! Hariyama is even worse, which grows at a fluctuating rate, but requires a whopping 1,680,000 exp. points to reach lv.100.

Blaziken is medium slow, and Camerupt is medium fast. So really, Gen 3 already had the issue of not giving out much Prize Money after battles, the level scaling is still pretty bad, and I got the exp share as soon as I could and fought every god dang trainer.

I have played through Ruby in an emulator before and I just had to grind until I could finish Steven with my Lv.60 Camerupt, it took 3 weeks of on and off grinding.

But this is the part that I dread about almost every pokemon game I play. I have been playing Pokemon for 7 1/2 years, and this happens almost every time! Grinding against the elite four is soooooo boring, but what other choice do I have?

I use healing items when I know I can actually win. I can't start from scratch with another Water type. I can't raise an Alakasam instead of Gardevoir because I can't trade. Same with Machamp instead of Hariyama.

Also those of you who have played Omega Ruby, I hope you appreaciate the benefits of Super Training, the improved Exp Share, and the dumbed down movesets of the original Elite Four, and I don't mean to insult Gen 3, but I saw Chuggaaconroy's playthrough of Emerald, and his team was Level 45ish by the time he got too the Elite Four.

But is there any way I can maybe make this grueling process go just a bit faster maybe? I went through this in Soulsilver, Diamond(I think everyone did).
Heartgold, Black during the rematches. I get grinding has a reason to exist, but even the name sounds uncomfortable

So, if you made it too the end, thank you very much, even if you don't have an answer. By the way I am playing through on a Nintendo DS.

Okay, I am at the elite four and here is my team. Please keep in mind I am playing THE ORIGINAL RUBY, NOT OMEGA RUBY.

Blaziken(Chugga) Lv.41- If you get the reference, then you have my respect.
Quick Attack
Double Kick
Bulk Up
Blaze Kick

Hariyama Lv.39
Fake Out
Bulk Up
Earthquake
Brick Break

Gardevoir Lv.39
Calm Mind
Psychic
Flash
Thunderbolt

Camerupt Lv.43 (Holding Exp. Share)
Amnesia(Will replace with Eruption when it happens)
Rock Slide
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Sharpedo Lv. 47
Surf
Crunch
Ice Beam
Waterfall

Groudon Lv.51
Solarbeam
Bulk Up
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Sydney is pretty easy, although is Double Team/Sand Attack strategy can be VERY ANNOYING.

Pheobe is very easy, as Sharpedo and Groudon can handle her.

Glacia is where things get bumpy. For some reason, her Lv.50 Glalie is UNGODLY fast. Groudon can't one shot it because it uses hail so Fire Blast won't kill. Yet what really gets me is my Groudon can outspeed her other Glalie thats at Lv.52. Yah, try to wrap your head around that.

Solarbeam and Gardevoir's Thunderbolt are able to 2HKO both of her Sealeo, and then in comes Walrein, and boy that thing is a bulky *** mother****er. I can't OHKO it with anything, and can easily return with Blizzard, which OHKOs my Groudon, Body Slam hits Gardevoir hard, and so its hard to take out.

Drake I can get past his Shelgon and His Altaria. If I am lucky I can get past his first Flygon. Then his other Flygon and Salamence can easily take me down, using Flamethrower under Groudon's sun just too rub salt in the wound.

After doing some research I realized that Game Freak made some really bad choices. Gardevoir, Sharpedo and Groudon are in the "Slow" Exp. Group, meaning they take 1,250,000 exp. points to reach lv.100. I can see why Groudon is there, but WHY are Gardevoir and Sharpedo there?

They arn't really that good! Hariyama is even worse, which grows at a fluctuating rate, but requires a whopping 1,680,000 exp. points to reach lv.100.

Blaziken is medium slow, and Camerupt is medium fast. So really, Gen 3 already had the issue of not giving out much Prize Money after battles, the level scaling is still pretty bad, and I got the exp share as soon as I could and fought every god dang trainer.

I have played through Ruby in an emulator before and I just had to grind until I could finish Steven with my Lv.60 Camerupt, it took 3 weeks of on and off grinding.

But this is the part that I dread about almost every pokemon game I play. I have been playing Pokemon for 7 1/2 years, and this happens almost every time! Grinding against the elite four is soooooo boring, but what other choice do I have?

I use healing items when I know I can actually win. I can't start from scratch with another Water type. I can't raise an Alakasam instead of Gardevoir because I can't trade. Same with Machamp instead of Hariyama.

Also those of you who have played Omega Ruby, I hope you appreaciate the benefits of Super Training, the improved Exp Share, and the dumbed down movesets of the original Elite Four, and I don't mean to insult Gen 3, but I saw Chuggaaconroy's playthrough of Emerald, and his team was Level 45ish by the time he got too the Elite Four.

But is there any way I can maybe make this grueling process go just a bit faster maybe? I went through this in Soulsilver, Diamond(I think everyone did).
Heartgold, Black during the rematches. I get grinding has a reason to exist, but even the name sounds uncomfortable

So, if you made it too the end, thank you very much, even if you don't have an answer. By the way I am playing through on a Nintendo DS.
Okay, as an update: I looked for all the rare candies I could, got Camerupt to Lv.52, Sharpedo to Lv.49 and Groudon to Lv.53 then used all the rare candies on Sharpedo. Was able to sweep through Drake with Ice Beam one shotting everything. Feels soooo good. Then I was able to beat Steven, Although only Sharpedo remained to take out his Claydol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)