Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about mystery gifts- I have the event munchlax waiting for me as a mystery gift, but I'd like to restart my save because I'd like to change starters because it's typing overlaps with other pokemon I want to use, but I hate abandoning my starter.

I have a question about mystery gifts- I have the event munchlax waiting for me as a mystery gift, but I'd like to restart my save because I'd like to change starters because it's typing overlaps with other pokemon I want to use, but I hate abandoning my starter.
You will lose your Munchlax Mystery Gift if you restart the game, but you should be able to download the Mystery Gift again since it's still running.

Not sure whether this has been asked or not, but is there a thread somewhere on Smogon that addresses all the changes and additions (Pokémon, moves, abilities) that happened inbetween Generation VI and VII? If yes, would anyone be so kind to pass me a link? Thanks in advance.

Is it okay too talk about S&M (were all just going to have too get used to calling it S&M now) here now??

Loving the game so far, im on the 2nd island, about 3 hours in (you know i had to inspect every inch and cranny) ...

Is it too early too start begging? Anyone find an extra vulpix with snow warning yet?..

Is it okay too talk about S&M (were all just going to have too get used to calling it S&M now) here now??

Loving the game so far, im on the 2nd island, about 3 hours in (you know i had to inspect every inch and cranny) ...

Is it too early too start begging? Anyone find an extra vulpix with snow warning yet?..
I'd wait until after Wednesday, or whenever the games are released in Europe. Even then, it might be courteous to use hide tags for any potential spoilers for the first couple days to a week. (I admit, I can't remember how the site proceeded when OR/AS just released)

Was Shiny Yveltal ever released legitimately? I ran into a Secret Base trainer last night that had one.
Yes, along with shiny Xerneas... and a seemingly completely normal Zygarde with no event-exclusive moves or anything. Why shiny Zygarde has yet to be released, we don't know.
Will the rest ever be available? Or is it like the gems in ORAS.
We don't know yet. The remaining Mega Stones are in the game's code, naturally, and will likely be available again at some point, but we don't know when or how they'll be brought back in.

About motivations....
Recently after everytime I go through a pokemon game and finish the post game, I tend to stop playing it. Maybe its because of going through so many versions, but especially for those of you who complete the pokedex, why do you do it? I can't really find motivation because since the main game is over, theres nowhere to explore, no one to battle, nothing really to get. Sometimes I wish pokemon could just be a platform and they release expansions of regions so maybe you didn't have to start from scratch every time you have a new version? Maybe I just have some burnout, but I am going through sun right now and I am really REALLY enjoying it. Maybe I should try another monster catching rpg like Puzzle & Dragons Z or Monster Hunter. Besides that does anyone have any recomendations? Congratz if you read all of this

About motivations....
Recently after everytime I go through a pokemon game and finish the post game, I tend to stop playing it. Maybe its because of going through so many versions, but especially for those of you who complete the pokedex, why do you do it? I can't really find motivation because since the main game is over, theres nowhere to explore, no one to battle, nothing really to get. Sometimes I wish pokemon could just be a platform and they release expansions of regions so maybe you didn't have to start from scratch every time you have a new version? Maybe I just have some burnout, but I am going through sun right now and I am really REALLY enjoying it. Maybe I should try another monster catching rpg like Puzzle & Dragons Z or Monster Hunter. Besides that does anyone have any recomendations? Congratz if you read all of this

I used too be just like you, or I would frequently restart my games to play through again.

But i think it's fair too say for the most of us, we feel the game really begins when you beat the story. The story is more like a training mode designed to expose you too the new areas and give some pokemon lore..

First of all lets address this statement:

since the main game is over, theres nowhere to explore, no one to battle, nothing really to get.
First of all most if not all pokemon games have new areas that open up after the main story.. and in all of the most recent games, post game, you get access too the pokemon appraiser, who tells you your pokemons IVs. Now you can start breeding your pokemon to have the strongest stats, moves, abilities, etc. With all the different options out there, you can make endless really cool custom teams too play with, all kinds of different winning strategies...

And you said there's no one left to battle??? Battle other players!! This is the real endgame for pokemon, using your own custom bred pokemon teams in battle against other players, there is no challenge the game will give you than another skilled player, it's the whole point!! To me anyhow...

I used too be just like you, or I would frequently restart my games to play through again.

But i think it's fair too say for the most of us, we feel the game really begins when you beat the story. The story is more like a training mode designed to expose you too the new areas and give some pokemon lore..

First of all lets address this statement:

First of all most if not all pokemon games have new areas that open up after the main story.. and in all of the most recent games, post game, you get access too the pokemon appraiser, who tells you your pokemons IVs. Now you can start breeding your pokemon to have the strongest stats, moves, abilities, etc. With all the different options out there, you can make endless really cool custom teams too play with, all kinds of different winning strategies...

And you said there's no one left to battle??? Battle other players!! This is the real endgame for pokemon, using your own custom bred pokemon teams in battle against other players, there is no challenge the game will give you than another skilled player, it's the whole point!! To me anyhow...
While I do see your point, and I do like to go onto Battle Spot every once in a while, but just with Pokemon that I either used in the story or ones I just like. I may or may not ev train them, But I can see what you mean, maybe I shouldn't just get too serious into the post game and if I want to go competetive I can just use the pokemon I want to use and with whatever moves I want. Pokemon wouldn't be as much of a success if GF didn't design the game to allow pretty much anyone to use any pokemon they want through the main story and aftergame.

Is there any better place to breed in Sun/Moon? The Nursery is an absolute joke and I'm surprised they managed to make a breeding place worse than FRLG

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Is there any better place to breed in Sun/Moon? The Nursery is an absolute joke and I'm surprised they managed to make a breeding place worse than FRLG
No, there isn't another place to breed but if you enter the fenced area in front of the daycare and select Tauros on the Ride Pager you can run around in circles fairly easily until eggs are discovered or hatched.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snugs315.

Banned deucer.
Hello, my intention in this Orange Island thread is to start a Let's Play. I would like to know if this is okay, as I am sure there are other threads with this same purpose, and I know you can't have a thread with another one existing with the same topic. It's a Let's Play of Pokemon Yellow okay?

Just curious, what's the probability of passing down a 0 IV in a stat that neither parent had while using the Knot?

The reason I ask is because I bred a Deino with a 0 IV in Speed despite neither the parent Deino nor my male Gible having a 0 IV (and the Gible being perfect in fact). Was I just really unlucky?

Just curious, what's the probability of passing down a 0 IV in a stat that neither parent had while using the Knot?

The reason I ask is because I bred a Deino with a 0 IV in Speed despite neither the parent Deino nor my male Gible having a 0 IV (and the Gible being perfect in fact). Was I just really unlucky?
The Destiny Knot passes down 5 random stats from the parents and the sixth will be a random value between 0 and 31. So there's a 1/32 chance of getting a 0IV in the 6th stat. Even if both parents are perfect you will always get one completely randomised IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)