Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen the black box mentioned, but I always thought that related to language, not geographical area? I have never seen a USA box, for example?
IF that's the case your best bet is looking at the the OT's profile, if you get a vivillion from said OT you can get an idea of where they are as well based off of the pattern

I'm assuming this is the right place since it's technically an in-game question.
Egg moves can now be remembered via move relearner, and so can event-only moves (like Happy Hour Inkay) according to Serebii.
Has anyone tested if this is the case for egg and tutor moves of Pokémon transferred via Pokébank?

Regarding the language/region difference, does anyone actually know what triggers as 'different enough' for Masuda method? If I have a North American 3DS and set my language to something like German, will it come up as foreign? What if I live in America but change my region settings to Mexico and start the game in Spanish?

Regarding the language/region difference, does anyone actually know what triggers as 'different enough' for Masuda method? If I have a North American 3DS and set my language to something like German, will it come up as foreign? What if I live in America but change my region settings to Mexico and start the game in Spanish?
it has to have the little black box with 'jpn, kor, spa' etc. its based on what language the game is in, my 3ds is set to australia but i played one copy in japanese. so when i trade between them i get a jpn/eng mark.

I have seen the black box mentioned, but I always thought that related to language, not geographical area? I have never seen a USA box, for example?
it doesn't display a usa box because you game is in English, in other languages pokemon from English games have a 'eng' box

I've hatched a large number of eggs (over 2-300) trying to get a shiny Honedge via MM. How long does it take on average to hatch one blasted shiny? Please don't hate on me if there's some of you who have gone through loads more than that for a shiny...

I've hatched a large number of eggs (over 2-300) trying to get a shiny Honedge via MM. How long does it take on average to hatch one blasted shiny? Please don't hate on me if there's some of you who have gone through loads more than that for a shiny...
Masuda Method, in previous gens, multiplied the odds of shininess by 4. In Gen 6, this means 1 in 1024. However, I don't think anyone has confirmation of this number, and it is quite hard to confirm since it's so high. It probably got changed to something lower than that though, since I don't think anyone here as gone through 1000 eggs.

TL;DR: It takes a while.

Actually, gen 5 started the game having 6 calls instead of 4. If XY follows that, the odds would be closer to 1 in ~680. Still hard to pin down, though. I got 1 shiny at egg 95, but my next target's on egg 900 or so and no shiny yet.

Actually, gen 5 started the game having 6 calls instead of 4. If XY follows that, the odds would be closer to 1 in ~680. Still hard to pin down, though. I got 1 shiny at egg 95, but my next target's on egg 900 or so and no shiny yet.
I heard similar things, but I can't confirm it either. Shiny charm is also available now which will help.

I heard similar things, but I can't confirm it either. Shiny charm is also available now which will help.
The Shiny Charm's in-game description reads: "A shiny charm said to increase the chance of finding a Shiny Pokemon in the wild." It may not help with breeding.

The Shiny Charm's in-game description reads: "A shiny charm said to increase the chance of finding a Shiny Pokemon in the wild." It may not help with breeding.
Shiny Charm helped with breeding last gen, so it should help with breeding this gen too.

It's really hard to confirm though.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shiny Charm helped with breeding last gen, so it should help with breeding this gen too.

It's really hard to confirm though.
It doesn't change anything other than the chances of shininess (it rerolls for a shiny PID either 2 or 3 times, I don't remember which).

Hey I'm kinda new to the competitive scene as far as playing offical systems goes and I'm looking to get through pokemon black 2 really quickly so i'm looking for a few lv 100 pokemon that can help me finish the game quickly, I don't care what pokemon they are just need to beat the game so i can use it for the pokebank...when ever it gets back up lol. If any one is generous enough to trade me some good ev/iv dittos that would be great too. I'm willing to give up my all my pokemon x legendaries (Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Charizard X, and Articuno) for them. Friend codes in sig.

Is there a list somewhere of all the event exclusive moves?

by this I mean pokemon/move combinations that are normally impossible like Blissey/Wish, not moves that can only be obtained from events and nowhere else like Hold Back.

How many EVs does Xerneas get during the forced battle after capture? I switched mine out as soon as I could so I was just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)