Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you !
Hum... you are talking about Kalos but maybe you mean ORAS's Hoenn ? Because Raikou is not catchable in XY versions, as far as I know...
But yes I would like to play with it in games/tournaments allowing only Pokémon from XY or ORAS.
About RNG manipulation I know that I can have 50% chances to get the right nature with my leader with the same one and the "Synchronize" talent, but for IVs it's a lot more randomized I think... isn't it ?
General rule; when we talk about "Kalos-Native", it basically means the blue pentagon exclusive to Pokémon caught, bred or otherwise obtained in Gen 6 - that a lot of the time are the only ones allowed in tournaments, yeah.
RNG Manipulation was a thing that existed in Gen 4 and 5 and was generally the only feasible way to get competitive Pokémon back then. But yeah, in that case you're gonna have to hunt around the wi-fi forum a bit. Orange Islands is more for discussion rather than actual trading and such.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK I understand... Well thank you anyway for your advices :)
1) Don't even bother. No one is going to "hack" / cheat you the Raikou you need because those methods are banned here and discussing them is not allowed. There isn't a legit HP Fire Raikou on here either so asking won't help. You're going to have to soft reset for your own one, you should check out the Soft Resetting Guide to speed it up.

2) Using a hack on Battle Spot will get you banned from playing it.

3) you shouldn't use 252 EVs in a stat with a 30 IV at level 50 since 248 gives the same value.

4) what does HP Fire even hit? HP Ice is far superior and there are a bunch of those available in the Wi-Fi forum for trade.

Battlespot allows hacked Pokémon as long as all their informations (including the "secret" ones) are correct... If there are bans, I didn't notice it yet although I played a lot one year ago with my own legit hacks...
Anyway if it is forbidden to ask here please accept my apologizes, I just didn't know.
By the way, you surely know what hits HP fire... Scizor(-Mega), Ferrothorn and Forretress, and Excadrill not choice scarf, Magnezone, plus Breloom same as hp ice, plus Bisharp and Weavile if Raikou is blocked by choice specs.
Yep I'm not going to win alone against Dragonite, Garchomp, Landorus, Gliscor, Sceptile-Mega and a bit too against Thundurus and Zapdos, but I have other Pokemon in my team to balance it...
Finally, OK and thank you for your EV advices.

Last edited:
This may sound like a dumb question, but I've done some Google-Fu on the subject and still came up with mixed answers. Some say it's possible, some say you can't. Question: can eggs be cloned?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Is there any difference between Soft Sand and the Earth Plate when using it for a non-Arceus Pokemon?
If something steals it then uses Fling, then yes. If there's an item cause, then also yes. If you want something that existed before Gen IV, then still yes. If you're worried about the item id in the game for some reason, then you probably have issues, but yes. In some other obscure reason I can't think of where the answer is yes, then I think you know the answer.

I just gave you four reason, so I'm going to say there are differences. :P

If something steals it then uses Fling, then yes. If there's an item cause, then also yes. If you want something that existed before Gen IV, then still yes. If you're worried about the item id in the game for some reason, then you probably have issues, but yes. In some other obscure reason I can't think of where the answer is yes, then I think you know the answer.

I just gave you four reason, so I'm going to say there are differences. :P
Thanks! I needed Soft Sand's item ID for it's effect to trigger a glitch, but I thought Earth Plate might activate the same ID if it didn't tick the Arceus check. I got Soft Sand's ID but I don't have it, so I thought if I used Earth Plate it might work (I can't find Earth Plate's ID). Now I got a soft sand off the GTS, thanks!

I've just finished triggering the glitch to alter my SID on command through arbitrary hex values, and now all my eggs will be shiny!

/s

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Isn't it impossible to have a shiny Ho-Oh with Regenerator? Because I just saw one on PS!, and I thought PS! only allowed Pokémon that were legal in-game.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Isn't it impossible to have a shiny Ho-Oh with Regenerator? Because I just saw one on PS!, and I thought PS! only allowed Pokémon that were legal in-game.
I believe that PS doesn't care if the Pokemon is available as a Shiny or not, but other that it has to be legal.

Hi guys, does anyone know if there's a template or an instruction on how to create nice looking posts where you have team pictures ect.?
I want to be able to contribute to the battle maison thread but I don't want to be out of form.

Hi guys, does anyone know if there's a template or an instruction on how to create nice looking posts where you have team pictures ect.?
I want to be able to contribute to the battle maison thread but I don't want to be out of form.
While you can certainly follow Sobi's advice, feel free to contribute to the Battle Maison thread with or without images.

They are more concerned with your Pokemon's stats, moves, Nature/IV/EV spreads, and items than anything else (well, other than a picture of your current highest streak).

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
To add on to that, you can always input your Pokémon into Pokémon Showdown and then export the details so the format is consistent.

So, after missing the last 2 Newsletters for Trainer Club, I want to confirm I'm receiving these things right. I checked my profile, have the box checked and everything, so there's one other thing I want to figure out.

Could anyone share the e-mail address these are sent from so I can add it to my address book/contact and ensure it's not ending up in my spam?

Does this DV calc account for the Badges boosting your stats? I want to know what exactly my DVs are for the starters in Yellow, but I'm not sure if it accounts for the Badges. If not, how would I tell what the DVs really are? http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/dv.php

Edit: Actually someone answered my question elsewhere, so I'm good.

Last edited:
I'm breeding a standard Curselax (STAB, EQ, Curse, Rest) for the Battle Tower in Crystal, to run each level from 10 to 100. Will begin with Headbutt, but use Body Slam for level 50 onward.

What are some good companions that:

1: Cover the stuff against which Snorlax has problems?
2: Are generally strong and possibly fully evolved already at level 10?
3: Do not need any non-renewable TMs (breeding moves is all right, though)?

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm breeding a standard Curselax (STAB, EQ, Curse, Rest) for the Battle Tower in Crystal, to run each level from 10 to 100. Will begin with Headbutt, but use Body Slam for level 50 onward.

What are some good companions that:

1: Cover the stuff against which Snorlax has problems?
2: Are generally strong and possibly fully evolved already at level 10?
3: Do not need any non-renewable TMs (breeding moves is all right, though)?
Being fully evolved at level 10 and not needing any non-renewable TMs is a bit tough. Starmie stands out to me since you can lean heavily on the move tutor. Skarmory also seems like a good fit, but for Tower play both Rest and Toxic are really good, so you might be forced to burn TMs or do some big breeding chains (or both; I'm not sure if it's possible to breed both moves onto Skarmory without using a TM for one of them somewhere in the chain, as Skarmory is sadly not in the Field egg group with Smeargle).

And of course, at level 10, anything with Dragon Rage is golden, though it will require breeding to learn the move at that low of a level, you'll be stuck with a not fully evolved Pokemon, and will eventually need to replace it with a better move as you fight at higher levels.

Being fully evolved at level 10 and not needing any non-renewable TMs is a bit tough. Starmie stands out to me since you can lean heavily on the move tutor. Skarmory also seems like a good fit, but for Tower play both Rest and Toxic are really good, so you might be forced to burn TMs or do some big breeding chains (or both; I'm not sure if it's possible to breed both moves onto Skarmory without using a TM for one of them somewhere in the chain, as Skarmory is sadly not in the Field egg group with Smeargle).

And of course, at level 10, anything with Dragon Rage is golden, though it will require breeding to learn the move at that low of a level, you'll be stuck with a not fully evolved Pokemon, and will eventually need to replace it with a better move as you fight at higher levels.
Yes, Starmie seems to fit all three requirements. It deals with Skarmory and Fighting-types that trouble Snorlax, it evolves as early as you desire, and has a very good selection of moves. I'm guessing a set of Surf/Psychic/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam would work wonders, as Staryu learns Recover only at level 19.

Dragon Rage is an interesting possibility that I didn't think of, but I don't think there's anything that learns it in Crystal that will actually be useful at higher levels. Breeding chains are not a problem at all, that's how I got a Curselax without using TMs (apart from Headbutt, which is renewable, like Psychic).

Rest Snorlax (M) + Slowpoke (F) = Rest Slowpoke (M), learns Curse by level-up
Curse/Rest Slowpoke (M) + Rhyhorn (F) = Curse/Rest Rhyhorn (M), learns Earthquake by level-up
15/15 Ditto + Snorlax (M) = 15/15 Snorlax (F)
EQ/Curse/Rest Rhyhorn (M) + 15/15 Snorlax (F) = 15/15/15/15 EQ/Curse/Rest Snorlax (M), learns STAB by renewable TM/level-up.

I think Charm Umbreon and similar stalling concepts might still stop Snorlax and Starmie, though. Something with Toxic seems like a good idea at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)