Headbutting/Safari Zone/Great Marsh RNG Abuse Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Introduction
The Safari Zone, the Great Marsh, and Headbutt trees all hide Pokémon that are either rarely or never found anywhere else. Safari Zone and Great Marsh are also the only places to capture Pokemon in Safari Balls. Due to the fact that up until recently they've all lacked encounter slots, many people shy away from doing those types of RNGs. However, recently, Great Marsh slots have been mapped, but Safari Zone and headbutting trees have yet to get their encounter slots mapped. This guide will help to guide you through the steps to be able to perform these types of RNG abuse.

Safari Zone
Prerequisites:
RNG Reporter
Sweet Scenter
Synchronizer

Preparation:
Save in the steps before the entrance to the Safari Zone. Place a Synchronizer of the nature of the Pokémon that you want to catch in slot 1 of your party. This will help ensure that you get the right nature. Also have a Pokémon with Sweet Scent in your party somewhere. A Sweet Scenter will make sure that you don't accidentally advance your frame by running around looking for your target Pokémon.

Capturing Your Monster:
Open RNG Reporter and search for a spread using Method K/J. Encounter slots have been mapped, but there is no plans of adding them into RNG Reporter correctly, so they're not usable. Hit your seed like it's a normal capture, and then enter the Safari Zone. Since the Safari Zone doesn't have any NPCs, you won't have to worry about your frame jumping without notice. Go to the section where your wanted Pokémon resides, and place any items you need. Advance your frame however you want, and at your target frame, sweet scent. Since encounter slots are not useable, it will require a lot of trial-and-error to get it right. If you get a Pokémon with the right IVs, nature, shininess, etc., but the wrong Pokémon, try a new encounter slot. Keep trying new slots until you get the right Pokémon.

Great Marsh
Prerequisites:
RNG Reporter
Sweet Scenter
Synchronizer

Preparation:
Save in the steps before the entrance to the Great Marsh. Place a Synchronizer of the nature of the Pokémon that you want to catch in slot 1 of your party. This will help ensure that you get the right nature. Also have a Pokémon with Sweet Scent in your part somewhere. A Sweet Scenter will make sure that you don't accidentally advance your frame by running around looking for your target Pokémon.

Capturing Your Monster:
Open RNG Reporter and search for a spread using method K/J. Encounter slots are located here. Hit your seed like it's a normal capture, and then enter the Great Marsh. Since the Great Marsh has NPCs you must be mindful that you frame can be advanced without warning, so be on the lookout as soon as you enter. Go to the section where your wanted Pokémon resides and immediately and catch a Pokemon. Check the frame that Pokemon's occidentary frame, and add 6 frames to that that advanced during the battle. Then, calculate your target frame and advance your frame with turns and journal-flips. Advance until your target frame, and proceed to sweet scent. If you did it right, it should be your target Pokemon with the right IVs/nature/shininess/ability/etc.

Daily Binocular Pokémon:
Daily Binocular Pokémon are Pokémon that aren't normally found in the Great Marsh. Because of that, they don't have a designated encounter slot. Instead, encounter slots 6 and 7 are replaced by the Binocular Pokémon of the Day.

Headbutting
Prerequisites:
RNG Reporter
Headbutter

Preparation:
Before you do anything, find a tree the Pokémon that you want is in. Since it changes daily, you must check before attempting anything, or else you could end up with the right spread on the wrong Pokémon. Once you locate said tree, defeat all of the NPCs around the tree to help lessen the random frame advancements caused by them, and save. Look down at the chart below to see which encounter slot the Pokemon you found in your tree is. That is the encounter slot you will use to capture your Pokemon.
Code:
Slot		0		1	2		3	4		5
Ilex Forest	Hoothoot	Pineco	Pineco		Noctowl	Butterfree	Butterfree
Cherrygrove	Exeggcute 	Taillow	Exeggcute	Taillow	Taillow		Taillow
Capturing your Monster:
Open up RNG Reporter and search for a spread that you'd like using Method K (Wild). Use a seed with the encounter slot you found in step1. Hit and verify your seed. If it's the target seed, perform advancements. At two frames before your target frame, proceed to headbutt. It should be your wanted Pokemon with the right PID/IVs/Nature/Shininess/etc.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Overall, this article needs a lot of improvements. Recommendations underlined
Introduction
The Safari Zone, the Great Marsh, and Headbutt trees all hide Pokemon that are either rarely, or never found anywhere else. Due to the fact that up until recently, they've all lacked encounter slots however, many people shy away from doing those types of RNGs. Recently, Great Marsh slots have been mapped, but Safari Zone and headbutting trees have yet to get their encounter slots mapped. This guide will help to guide you through the steps to be able to preform these type of RNGs.

It's missing the main reason why one would even think about doing this in the first place (fancy pokeballs). The first sentence should be modified, as one could just breed any Pokemon that can be gotten through these methods. You're also making a lot of assumptions. Which group of people are you writing this for? Would they know what encounter slots are?
It would also be helpful to provide examples of Pokemon that don't benefit much from egg moves and thus getting them through this method could be worth the trouble. Maybe even a full list of Pokemon you can get through this.

Safari Zone
Prerequisites:
RNG Reporter/PPRNG Might want to include links as to where you can get these
Sweet Scenter
Synchronizer

Preparation:
Save in the steps before the entrance to the Safari Zone. Place a
Synchronizerof the nature of the Pokémon that you want to catch in slot 1 of your party. This will help ensure that you get the right nature. Also have a Pokémon with Sweet Scent in your part somewhere. A Sweet Scenter will make sure that you don't accidentally advance your frame by running around looking for your target Pokémon.

Capturing Your Monster:
Open RNG Reporter or PPRNG and search for a spread using method K/J. Encounter slots have been mapped, but there is no plans of adding them into RNG Reporter correctly, so they're not usable. Hit your seed like it's a normal capture, then enter the Safari Zone. Since the Safari Zone doesn't have any NPCs, you won't have to worry about your frame jumping without notice. Go to the section where your wanted Pokemon resides, and place any items you need. Advance your frame however you want, and at the right frame, sweet scent. Since encounter slots are not useable, it will require a lot of trial-and-error to get it right. If you get a Pokémon with the right IVs, nature, shininess, etc., but the wrong Pokemon. Try a new encounter slot. Keep trying new slots until you get the right Pokémon.

Again, consider your audience. Would they know what method J/K are for? Would they know how to search using those methods? How to "hit your seed"? How to "advance your frame"? How would you know when you're "at the right frame"? When would you use J or K? This applies for all 3 sections since it looks like most of it was just copy/pasted and slightly edited. Might want to elaborate more on NPCs in the other sections as well. As it is all your explanations are vague and will likely lead to a lot of ?s.
Also pictures will go a long way in getting your point across.

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey! Great article! I edited a couple things. I hope you don't mind. xD
Also, your formatting was all over the place so I edited it out from the paragraphs and made it a little cleaner.

Edited text

Introduction
The Safari Zone, the Great Marsh, and Headbutt trees all hide Pokémon that are either rarely or never found anywhere else. Due to the fact that up until recently they've all lacked encounter slots, many people shy away from doing those types of RNGs. Recently, Great Marsh slots have been mapped, but Safari Zone and headbutting trees have yet to get their encounter slots mapped. This guide will help to guide you through the steps to be able to perform these types of RNG abuse.

Safari Zone
Prerequisites:
RNG Reporter/PPRNG
Sweet Scenter
Synchronizer

Preparation:
Save in the steps before the entrance to the Safari Zone. Place a Synchronizer of the nature of the Pokémon that you want to catch in slot 1 of your party. This will help ensure that you get the right nature. Also have a Pokémon with Sweet Scent in your party somewhere. A Sweet Scenter will make sure that you don't accidentally advance your frame by running around looking for your target Pokémon.

Capturing Your Monster:
Open RNG Reporter or PPRNG and search for a spread using Method K/J. Encounter slots have been mapped, but there is no plans of adding them into RNG Reporter correctly, so they're not usable. Hit your seed like it's a normal capture, and then enter the Safari Zone. Since the Safari Zone doesn't have any NPCs, you won't have to worry about your frame jumping without notice. Go to the section where your wanted Pokémon resides, and place any items you need. Advance your frame however you want, and at the right frame, sweet scent. Since encounter slots are not useable, it will require a lot of trial-and-error to get it right. If you get a Pokémon with the right IVs, nature, shininess, etc., but the wrong Pokémon, try a new encounter slot. Keep trying new slots until you get the right Pokémon.

Great Marsh
Prerequisites:
RNG Reporter/PPRNG
Sweet Scenter
Synchronizer

Preparation:
Save in the steps before the entrance to the Great Marsh. Place a Synchronizer of the nature of the Pokémon that you want to catch in slot 1 of your party. This will help ensure that you get the right nature. Also have a Pokémon with Sweet Scent in your part somewhere. A Sweet Scenter will make sure that you don't accidentally advance your frame by running around looking for your target Pokémon.

Capturing Your Monster:
Open RNG Reporter or PPRNG and search for a spread using method K/J. Encounter slots are located here. Hit your seed like it's a normal capture, and then enter the Great Marsh. Since the Great Marsh has NPCs you must be mindful that you frame can be advanced without warning, so be on the lookout as soon as you enter. Go to the section where your wanted Pokémon resides. Advance your frame however you want. I suggest that you let the NPCs advance your frame for you. Keep track of their movements, and when they move the amount of times you need the frame to advance, sweet scent.

Daily Binocular Pokémon:
Daily Binocular Pokémon are Pokémon that aren't normally found in the Great Marsh. Because of that, they don't have a designated encounter slot. Instead, encounter slots 6 and 7 are replaced by the Binocular Pokémon of the Day.

Headbutting
Prerequisites:
RNG Reporter/PPRNG
Headbutter

Preparation:
Before you do anything, find a tree the Pokémon that you want is in. Since it changes daily, you must check before attempting anything, or else you could end up with the right spread on the wrong Pokémon. Once you locate said tree, defeat all of the NPCs around the tree to help lessen the random frame advancements caused by them, and save.

Capturing your Monster:
Open up RNG Reporter/PPRNG and search for a spread that you'd like using Method K (Wild). It doesn't matter the encounter slot you choose since they change from day to day, and no one has mapped them out yet. You might end up going through all of them before you finally get your target Pokémon. Hit and verify your seed. If it's the target seed, perform advancements. At your target frame, proceed to headbutt. If it's the right IVs/nature/shininess/gender/ability, but the wrong Pokémon, try a different encounter slot. Doing headbutt abuse will take a lot of patience and a lot of trial-and-error. If you mess up, keep trying. You'll get it right eventually.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You gotta use Headbutt 2 Frames before your target frame
The next RNG Reporter (9.94, due for release within the next few days) will have Headbutt encounters implemented. It calculates encounter slot correctly and takes care of the 2 extra frames for you.

p.s. but you're still going to have to figure out which Pokemon correspond to which slot for which tree. Here's a start:

Code:
Slot		0		1	2		3	4		5
Ilex Forest	Hoothoot	Pineco	Pineco		Noctowl	Butterfree	Butterfree
Cherrygrove	Exeggcute 	Taillow	Exeggcute	Taillow	Taillow		Taillow

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
for marsh:

Capturing Your Monster:
Open RNG Reporter and search for a spread using method K/J. Encounter slots are located here. Hit your seed like it's a normal capture, and then enter the Great Marsh. Since the Great Marsh has NPCs you must be mindful that you frame can be advanced without warning, so be on the lookout as soon as you enter. Go to the section where your wanted Pokémon resides. Advance your frame with turns and journal-flips. Advance until your target frame, and proceed to sweet scent. If you did it right, it should be your target Pokemon with the right IVs/nature/shininess/ability/etc.
idk how you missed this, but you need to enter the target area and sweet scent immediately. Catch that pokemon, check its actual (occidental? idk its been a while) frame. take that number, add 6 for the advancements that happened from the battle, then calculate target frame (journal flips, turning, and sweet scenting) and advance from there.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
idk how you missed this, but you need to enter the target area and sweet scent immediately. Catch that pokemon, check its actual (occidental? idk its been a while) frame. take that number, add 6 for the advancements that happened from the battle, then calculate target frame (journal flips, turning, and sweet scenting) and advance from there.
^

I don't think Headbutt really warrants a separate guide. It's simple if you select the Headbutt option in 9.94; the only thing we lack is the encounter slot data for each area. Maybe a footnote in the captures section.

Also, I'd like to see this expanded into a guide on using the sound of Chatot cries to verify your frame and determine how much the NPCs have messed you up. You have the 9.94 alpha, use it!

Wait, what's this about adding 6 for the advancements that happened from the battle? When I caught my Yanma from the great marsh in Pt, all I did was hit my seed, go in and sweet scent ASAP, check the frame to figure out how much the NPCs advanced by, and then hit my seed again and advance accordingly. I didn't add 6 to anything :P

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
What muffinhead was describing was a way to figure out what frame you're on after the NPCs have messed it up. If you encounter and capture a Pokemon, the frame you will be on after the battle is that Pokemon's occidentary + 6. So you figure out your current frame from the IVs\nature, then you do Chatot flips to hit your desired frame.

Hiya, I tried to RNG Cherubi in the special tree and in my HG EU Headbutt advances frame by one not two. I had that result a few times. I used Headbutt from menu not by clicking A on tree.

I can get Encounter slots for the special tree in National Park. I know that Cherubi is on slot 2,,5 and Exeggcute is on slot 0 and 1 by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)