Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

He's not useful in much, the problem is with only 5 health at the 6 mana stage a bunch of stuff can trade with him. The reason why Violet Teacher's good is because at the 4 mana stage, the only viable cards that can kill Violet teacher in 1 shot are Ancient Brewmaster, King Mukla, and Leeroy. If you wanted a 6 mana card, the slot is much better for Argent Commander, Sylvanas, Cairne, Sunwalker, Black Knight, Highmane if you're Hunter or Fire Elemental if you're Shaman. Any more cards at the 6 mana cost would make your deck heavy at the top.

tl;dr disenchant but only if you're using the 400 dust for something immediately otherwise save it for when you need it.
Yeah I'm saving up for a leeroy, so guess I'll just wait until I get the other 1k dust first...

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ah I need to track this thread more often, didn't realize so many smogonites play. I'm really trying to push for legendary this month, went 11-2 last night from 0 stars Rank 5 to 4 stars Rank 4 with a new Druid brew. Hopefully i'll get mid rank 3 tonight, wish me luck :toast:

my btag is JoeyboyGames#1920 btw, add me if you'd like

I played a bit of hearthstone, but never fully got into it. The cards take so long to get, and I don't use money on games normally.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what deck is everyone closing the season out with? The meta is so confusing that I don't think there is a "strongest" deck though Handlock would be my #1.

Been running the Violet Teacher Shaman deck and it's preforming well.

Also shamelessly tagging Mr.E

You know, another complaint I have is, if I'm doing the daily with the starter deck just to grind through it since I hate the class or don't want to waste time making anything for it, I expect to be paired against other starter deck users, not freaking custom shit from other people, makes winning anything a pain. I really don't get how the game pairs you at anyone within your level, it seems pretty damn completely random to me.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...:1;503:1;523:2;548:2;557:1;587:2;620:2;633:2;

This is the druid deck i've been running past few days, its a little weird but its 13-2 from rank 5 upwards (funnily enough both losses were to face hunters who I thought I'd have an easy time against, but both games I drew poorly and they drew double huffers and leeroy really quick). Squires are an interesting choice here(I have another version with squires replaced with SavR+FoN combo and the blood knight replaced with another BGH) but they always do so much work. The idea of the deck was to have a less clunky ramp deck that could still work well without the ramp. The Token aspects of the deck were added to make it a little faster plus imo Power of the Wild is in the Top 3 of two drops in the game (Also Violet Teacher pairs really well with a Turn 10+ Wild Growth). Always ramp if you can, an early Wild Growth can seal games if you curve out even decently.

You'll notice the deck has pretty much no draw in it, avoiding the usual auto-include Azure Drake. I find in this meta Azure Drake is slow and really easy to remove be it Soulfires or Eviserates. When I noticed the card draw I lacked I added Deathwing. He's won me 2 games I had no business winning) plus when I summon him I usually end up just discarding lower value cards like a squire or an innervate due to my hand size being so small by the endgame.

If there was a card I'd say I'm stilling looking to squeeze in it'd be Faceless.

Last edited:
I guess Bloodlust Shaman really IS a thing now. Seems like everyone I know is making the switch. I actually like Gaara's version the best so far because it doesn't run cards like Violet Teacher which are a dead giveaway that you're running Bloodlust. I'm still sticking with standard Midrange Shaman since I still hate that Bloodlust is a dead card unless you have a decent board when I played Shaman in the past (as in 4+ minions. Math says if you have less than 4, you might as well play Druid b/c Savage Roar is straight up better in those scenarios).

No one really plays it anymore, but Tempo Rogue has been my savior. I spent most of this season just learning new classes/archetypes, though. I didn't really grind at all.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually think burn Mage could make a comeback this meta. With so many combos doing so much damage you think Ice Block would actually be extremely useful. Also given they can stall turns easily, along with the fact they don't rely on minions to kill means that there's only the race against their clock, which can be done.

Might give it a try next season as it seems potent in this meta.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
burn mage isnt bad, i ran some burn mage and freeze mage pretty recently with good success. the only problem with mage is that control warrior is an auto loss, even with the dream opener the match up is still hard. also zoo can be troublesome depending on opening hands

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
what deck is everyone closing the season out with? The meta is so confusing that I don't think there is a "strongest" deck though Handlock would be my #1.
Been running the Violet Teacher Shaman deck and it's preforming well.
Also shamelessly tagging Mr.E
Annoyingly broke down and went back to ramp Druid to hit legend again. :[

how? the only card that can actually leave a dent in his armor is van cleef and he gets executed. the only other board threat is gadgetzan and azure drakes. that's 5 minions that need to be dealt with and then they get free armor and rogue can't otk

Matthew

Daggers, deadly poison, SI7: Agents, Van Cleef, Gadget + Conceal + Cold Blood, Eviscerate, Shiv.

It's easier than you'd honestly expect to deal with their armor. Control Warrior actually doesn't even have a favorable matchup vs Miracle.

EDIT:

Because there is nothing to "control" you're just watching him ping your armor down while he looks for his Gadgetsan

EDIT 2:

Miracle is actually why you don't see KitKatz Breserker anymore except in lower ranks. Top is dominated by Hand, Zoo, Token & Ramp Druid (some Gaara Dream Hack too), and Miracle. Oh and Shockadin is doing pretty well too.

UsernameSayWha

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
So I tried that Token Druid deck that was on Reddit a few weeks ago (the one with Faerie Dragons, 2x Savage Roar + FoN) and I proceeded to go 3-5. At rank 19. That deck blows.

Forever sticking with my Watchers <3

So, would it be worth DEing every non-rogue rare/epic/Illidan to get a Leeroy for my rogue deck? I literally play no other class besides rogue, so they're just sitting there...thoughts?

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, would it be worth DEing every non-rogue rare/epic/Illidan to get a Leeroy for my rogue deck? I literally play no other class besides rogue, so they're just sitting there...thoughts?
I think it depends if you're a fan of collection or not. Its probably worth it for strength, but I personally am a hoarder and would hurt me to disenchant a massive portion for one card.

The biggest thing you'll have to consider is if you won't mind playing Rogue for awhile, because that's exactly what will happen if you DE all the other class cards. You have to hope that you will never get bored of playing Rogue. That or by the time you do get bored, you'll have more cards.

And now this:

FINALLY got my first 12 win Arena run very late last night (wanted to sleep so bad, but I pushed through). Bang!

EDIT: The 3 missing cards are Boulderfist Ogre, Sunwalker and Stormwind Champion for those that care about the deck.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
Damnnnnn triple truesilver huh, yeah that'll get you there :) seriously nice work dude. Congrats

Anyone running anything crazy this season?

Matthew

Nah my Shaman deck currently is bad and Zoo is bad now and I've lost my touch with Handlock. God damn Druids becoming the dominant deck(s). Specifically the Strifeco deck that thing is just fucking brutal to face.

Gonna try to tweak the Violet Teacher Shaman deck and remove the Doomhammer in place of Al'Akir. Though I think the Farsight deck might work this metagame since it's more pace than burst.

Why is aggro the only good deck I can afford to make ;_;
*fixed

It's the rarity system that makes it that way IMO. The more powerful cards in any given TCG/CCG are almost always a higher rarity and have a higher resource (mana, energy, etc) cost to play them. Having a "legendary" rarity only amplifies this. It also has to do with just the nature of archetypes. Aggro wants to end the game early so they will use cards that cost less to play and, naturally, those cards are also commons/uncommons/rares since their effects aren't as strong as the more powerful rares/legendaries/etc. Control has the opposite strategy, so it naturally will cost more to build out of pocket.

But, midrange decks aren't that much more expensive to make in this game. You can craft Midrange Shaman for less dust than a legendary :) . Tempo Rogue is in a similar boat, though you will have to cut a few corners and the deck isn't popular right now.

Damnnnnn triple truesilver huh, yeah that'll get you there :) seriously nice work dude. Congrats

Anyone running anything crazy this season?
Thanks. Thinking about trying Midrange Pally (something close to Reynad's variant) and this "Zeus" Shaman (the no Maly version).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)