Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Emotes are fine anyway. I never squelch because if someone is BMing me all game it makes the last play, when I win, followed by the "Well Played" emote all the sweeter.

I squelch as soon as they do a second "well met!" or whatever. No point in enduring it when I can just turn it off, and I personally find more amusement in the idea that they're putting effort into trying to annoy me when its quite within my power to just silence them.

The exception is if they're Jaraxxus, because I approve of roleplay. Nothing like an OBLIVION!!! to declare checkmate on your opponent. Always finish with maniacal laughter.

I squelch as soon as they do a second "well met!" or whatever. No point in enduring it when I can just turn it off, and I personally find more amusement in the idea that they're putting effort into trying to annoy me when its quite within my power to just silence them.

The exception is if they're Jaraxxus, because I approve of roleplay. Nothing like an OBLIVION!!! to declare checkmate on your opponent. Always finish with maniacal laughter.
Maybe it's different on the PC (assuming you play the PC version?). On the iPad, the emotes still come through even after I've squelched then, maybe it's a glitch on it or something.

Also agreeing with vonFielder, we need a "you're a dick" emote or something. That or implement chat so I can tell them to fuck off properly, it's too much of a pain (and doesn't always work) to "friend" them on bnet to sufficiently express your opinion of them.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ANYWAY I'm glad the meta has stabilized and the new Zoo is a bit more about board control than face. Also glad people realize the new miracle (with drakes and farseers) is just as bad as the old miracle was so it stopped getting attention. Kitkatz Breserker should get more play now, though I don't know if the Deathwing version will be more dominant with all these Druids around.

Harrison is going to be useless again now that Shaman and Warrior have been trumped by Druid and Warlock, best get him out of the decks, and I still have high hopes for Burn Mage this meta, just need the Druids to stop running Healing Touch.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You think modern miracle rogue is bad??? How can you think that, its the driving force of the meta for a reason. Its still easily getting the most tournament wins atm too (also #1 NA ran miracle exclusively and I'm watching Lifecoach play it right now, currently #8 EU). Also I havent seen any druids running Healing Touch, maybe heavy ramp but almost no ones running it. Its hard to utilize healing in a meta where a lot of the strongest decks just kill you from 25 health late in the game.

I've been testing curi's semi-miracle deck when I've had the time to play the last couple days and I really like it. I lost my Top 8 NESL match because I played miracle and my hand was full of all the dead situational cards.

Burn Mage is pretty sweet right now, I've been running a version like Strife's newest list minus the water elementals for a long time and I'm always pleased with the results.

Also I think Deathwing needs more love. I play it in my version of the charge druid over cenarius since your hand tends to be pretty empty by turn ten, limting Deathwing's drawback, plus he can totally win games by himself. He's the opposite of a win-more card so its always nice to dedicate a single slot for the comeback win.

Also has anyone had much success with Shockadin(rush paladin) I can never get it to work consistently. For me against any kind of midrange deck it comes down to if i draw Divine favor or not.

Last edited:

Matthew

I think modern miracle is bad because of it's (continued) less than 50% win rate. It's a bad deck and should be trumped by tempo but it won't because people still thinks it's an amazing deck (only because it hard counters Kitkatz). You want a good solid rush deck? Go Zoo or Strifeco. Don't rely on draws.

EDIT:

Like you said, Miracle has too many situational draws to be a good deck

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Okay getting into this game, what deck using only generic cards (at level 10) will at least get me somewhere in casual play mode. Or am I just better off losing a few games before making a decent deck?

Any good guides I can read or the like? I really cba to look these things up since I've noticed that there's a decent number of hardcore Hearthstone players here that know what they're doing, so I'd rather ask instead of look (also cba to read all the pages itt atm lol)

Matthew

Okay getting into this game, what deck using only generic cards (at level 10) will at least get me somewhere in casual play mode. Or am I just better off losing a few games before making a decent deck?

Any good guides I can read or the like? I really cba to look these things up since I've noticed that there's a decent number of hardcore Hearthstone players here that know what they're doing, so I'd rather ask instead of look (also cba to read all the pages itt atm lol)
http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/arena-strategy/457523-trumps-arena-tier-list-neutral-commons

good guide to how to draft in arena and what cards you should prioritize over other cards. This helped me get to 12 wins in arena and 7+ wins consistently.

As far as f2p decks these are decent starts:
https://sites.google.com/site/trumpdecks/freetoplay

though there are cards that require a little bit of dust (or pack) investment to make complete. Though each of those decks did make it to Legend status.

If you want a cheap, and good, deck then I suggest Zoo. It's based around early game aggro and board control while hitting the opponents face.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/35326-budget-reynads-zoo-v2-warlock-aggro

once you get more of a budget you can try the heavier dust cost decks like Druid and stuff but this is good for beginners.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think modern miracle is bad because of it's (continued) less than 50% win rate. It's a bad deck and should be trumped by tempo but it won't because people still thinks it's an amazing deck (only because it hard counters Kitkatz). You want a good solid rush deck? Go Zoo or Strifeco. Don't rely on draws.

EDIT:

Like you said, Miracle has too many situational draws to be a good deck
50% win rate? Dude how can you say that when its the number one tournament deck and most top players still use it exclusively to ladder competitively. Miracle is not a rush deck so I don't know why you bring up Zoo or strifecro charge druid. If your playing miracle like either of those decks of course your going to think its bad. Sorry I see your talking about rush pally here :)

Since you mentioned strifecro, he recently said on stream that miracle is probably the single strongest deck atm

Last edited:

Matthew

Nah Rouge still has a win rate of less than 50% on hearthstats. Strongest deck will never be Miracle mostly due to it not being the strongest deck. Strifeco deserves his picture in the druid box instead of Malfurion but I wouldn't call him an authority on Rogue.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
New Priest Card reveal. For the Mana cost, this is fucking broken LMFAO.

Edit: Ninja'd but whutevs.. I have pictures.

Matthew

if you think this card is 'broken' you're an idiot. It's a solid drop but the deathrattle can be played around, consider it a reverse taunt if you will. Regardless it's the card that priest really needed in this metagame. This + Watcher is going to be a really solid combo as far as I can tell.

if you think this card is 'broken' you're an idiot. It's a solid drop but the deathrattle can be played around, consider it a reverse taunt if you will. Regardless it's the card that priest really needed in this metagame. This + Watcher is going to be a really solid combo as far as I can tell.
Agreed. Too many people looking at this card and thinking Priest can play like Zoo now.
I don't know if this is the card Priest needed though. I would have preferred something to play on turn four that isn't a neutral minion.

Matthew

Considering how many people would probably play a vanilla 3/4 and this has huge upside potential...
Right but I could also say, "consider how many people want to play... (a 6/5 that does 3 damage to anything on the board) (a 3/2 weapon on turn 2) (a 4/3 that gives +2/2 and taunt to a minion) (a 3/2 on for 1) (a 4 mana 6 damage card that can targets anything) (a 0 mana 2 damage to undamaged minion) (a turn three +5/5 that gets spread out over 5 turns) (a 0 Mana +2 mana crystals this turn)"

Class cards are meant to be stronger than regular cards, This is strong but it isn't too strong.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
? 3/4 trades 2 for 1 with every single 2 drop or below except Watcher, Millhouse, and Succubus and the only one that's common is Watcher. There's a handful of other 3 drops that'll trade 1 for 1 with it like Arcane Golem, Blademaster, Mukla, and BGH (which people won't do against Priest due to risk of Rag). It still trades 2 for 1 with a lot of good 3 drops also, like Acolyte, Earthen, SI7, Harvest Golem, SSC, Scarlet Crusader, and Wolfrider. The reason why Yeti's so good is because it trades 2 for 1 with all of those and has 4 attack but honestly the difference between 3 and 4 attack is Dark Iron, Keeper, Gnomish, and unboosted Unbound Elementals. I think it's insanely strong and would be much more balanced if it were 3/3 instead.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Getting the hang of this game pretty quickly. So far I'm 5/0 in ranked running an off-kilter version of Trump's FTP Mage deck. It has been working wonders for me so far, haha.

Anyone who want's to add me, I'm Acklow #1224.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Holy Shit. My first legends (took terribly long ffs)

BUT 2 IN A SINGLE PACK. Plus opened another pack and got most of the cards needed for f2p mage. Getting there!

Anyone have any clue if these legends are good? Hogger seems okay-ish for a control deck, and Tirion seems so juicy for that Mana cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)