HEY WHAT'S GOING ON OH MY GOD (introduction to a forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is both the worst and best thing to ever happen to Smogon.

Worst: Firebot is dead, which takes a lot of humor out of the equation.
Best: No more cliques. So long elitist Firebot douchebags.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Neither of these would be a problem if you had stopped posting in it

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So long elitist Firebot douchebags.
i wouldn't start slinging shit considering you were a pretty awful poster and have yet to redeem yourself, i mean oh my god how dare people hate on you for trying to use your shittiness as a gimmick?

and don't confuse unwarranted elitism with looking down on bad posters, regardless of any real elitism that existed

anyway less drama more questions

yeah that's probably a bad statement considering they will still be cracking down on shitty posting, regardless of whether or not you (think) you got off scot free

still nervous about the change but a little more optimistic than before, it'll be interesting to see how this pans out

I'm having an absolute blast on this new combined forum. This totally has combined my strengths as a poster. YAY!

One thing I'm already noticing is that it's a LOT easier to derail otherwise legitimate threads than it was in cong.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm having an absolute blast on this new combined forum. This totally has combined my strengths as a poster. YAY!

One thing I'm already noticing is that it's a LOT easier to derail otherwise legitimate threads than it was in cong.
Yeah right. Cong threads always got derailed evertually, it was just caused more headaches generally because we're super serial.

Also GMLW you still suck, and a forum still has scrubby douchebags who don't get it.

Problem, badpostertrolls?

Okay to begin with picking 3 as a random number that "people would not glaze over" versus 4 or 5 is ludicrous, but this thread should stop being a sticky pretty soon, so certainly you could make youtube or the comics thread a sticky again (youtube gets more traffic I guess?). I do not even like the youtube thread, so it is not like I am persisting on the subject because of a personal vendetta. A forum should be suited to its users, and stickies are meant for user's convenience, not to promote activity or say which threads are most important. Bookmarks are inconvenient, I have no idea why you guys are trying to stick to that as a serious suggestion. The only way bookmarks are convenient are if you want to access several threads, but most users only want to access a couple of them, and clicking becomes faster then. Users also might not want to check every thread every time (I sure only check the comics thread once a week or so / photo album every few days to bitch at Fishy about how much she is poorly attention whoring).

p.s. while we are fixing decisions please please please give me the ability to have Deck Knight on ignore again, I am begging you; I will NEVER post in the CAP forums if that helps (I only have like once ever I believe!!). I will even throw in never criticizing any other changes to smogon again as a bonus!

yeah that's probably a bad statement considering they will still be cracking down on shitty posting, regardless of whether or not you (think) you got off scot free
yeah I guess you could say his point is moot
sorry guys I've just always wanted to say that

anyway I was wondering how this entire process started
I mean like who thought of it, what did you think it would achieve, who was active in the move etc.

I dunno I'm just sort of interested in this stuff

p.s. while we are fixing decisions please please please give me the ability to have Deck Knight on ignore again, I am begging you; I will NEVER post in the CAP forums if that helps (I only have like once ever I believe!!). I will even throw in never criticizing any other changes to smogon again as a bonus!
such a deal.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
such a deal.
Too bad ck will still be a terrible fucking poster.

You have no idea what it's been like for me having to see him bitch, bitch, bitch about his precious ignore. He's like chris is me on his worst day, except he's also manifestly useless.

This is both the worst and best thing to ever happen to Smogon.

Looks like someone drank too much Haterade

The high fructose corn syrup in Haterade makes your brain think that it hasn't had enough sugars even though it has, so you just end up drinking more and more. It's bad.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, I think you all have gotten the picture what is going on here.

If you have any more questions, PM evan.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)