NOC Hope+1 Game Thread

Apricity is doing exactly what he did last day in picking out someone he thinks he can build a wagon on a few hours before deadline to get himself in the clear. You can let him do this again if you wish, but it will keep happening and you will lose precious townspeople in the process and lose the game.
you are clearly partnered with someone who played with me last game, because the metal sonic wagon built well before deadline

Not responding well is vague, can I have a bit more clear reasoning?
I re-read the entire argument and now I have completely changed my mind.
Unvote: Duskfall
Vote: Apricity

Apricity, you've deflected several times now and I am not sure how Duskfall is lying about his reads. Mind explaining how he is lying?
I still find both of you sketchy.

no, you think changed is scum because we tr each other
It just seems so suspicious to me that apricity near gets lynched day 1, mafia have 2 days to discuss and then wawmen suddenly after nearly not posting at all becomes one of the most active. Looks like apricity has spurred him on a bit. The fact they are both hard reading town on each other now and going after me (who started the wagon on apricity) could definitely be a coincidence, but wawman's sudden change of playstyle wrings of guilt. Wawman said he was also new I think? He could be easily influenced by an experienced player.
He does mention that Wawmen's increase in activity is a reason behind his read.
thats activity not attitude?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
This argument is complete utter fucking crappy crap crap.

Setting aside his read on me which I know isn't right, the rest of where MS was on the game is as follows:
- Former Hope as town (confirmed)
- MoodyCloud as town
- CaffeineBoost as scum
- Whydon as town
- Jalmont as town
- Apricity as scum
- Duskfall as town

Two things stand out to me from this, the first being that the people scum reading duskfall should take a hard look at their reasoning for doing so and re-evaluate their reasoning, I was also coming around to him as town later on yesterday; the second being that MS scum read Caffeineboost consistently from the start of yesterday through to the end of it. When MS made sense as scum it seemed completely plausible that CB was who he thought he could push easily to a mislynch but knowing now that he's town it looks a lot more like he had picked up on a legitimate tell from CB, whatever it was, and was convinced that he was scum.

MS also started to target apricity later on in the day, going to take a look to see if I can see what he saw, haven't seen much notable from him yet
Also i just found this so you can ignore that bit where I ask for reasons in my big post... that is if I did ask, I think I did.
He voted for me during the bit where I made joke posts. I remember a game on PS where people read me because I made joke posts. I was town.
Can't actually post anything to prove this but w/e.
It's also possible that he read me due to my post evaluating the argument between Dusk and yourself which would be more fair. If there was a confident reason behind the vote though, why didn't MS tell us? Is this a thing MS does? If so, idk how he's seen as one of the better players...

He does mention it in his reasoning. It's consistent at the very least.
n o h e d o e s n ' t b e c a u s e he says he scumreads changed for his attitude and this has literaly not been mentioned before, attitude means tone attitude is why i think you might be scsum because your ATTITUDE changed from last game to this gaem and from day 1 to day 2

from my pov there are three outcomes to today

1. caff is town and i gather enough votes to get a lynch on someone i think is scummy
2. caff is town but i self pres
3. caff is scum

1 is no longer possible

n o h e d o e s n ' t b e c a u s e he says he scumreads changed for his attitude and this has literaly not been mentioned before, attitude means tone attitude is why i think you might be scsum because your ATTITUDE changed from last game to this gaem and from day 1 to day 2

from my pov there are three outcomes to today

1. caff is town and i gather enough votes to get a lynch on someone i think is scummy
2. caff is town but i self pres
3. caff is scum

1 is no longer possible
HE FLUFFED A WORD, HE'S NEW, WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR POINT?!

dusk toni moody are my pref lynches for the day in that order, i don't want to lynch you cb because i think you're town lmao

but if you're town then you've misread and if you don't correct your read then i literally don't have a choice for my vote today

when people lie about the reason that they have reads it means their reads are not genuine and that means they are scum
BUT HIS READS HAVE BEEN CONSISTENT!
He said attitude instead of activity. So fuckin' what, you can easily make sense of what he's saying. It's not a slip in the slightest.

ok

focusing SOLELY in page 17 of this thread

i think dusk's read on changed is shit. i think a cursory glance at changed's posts today, EVEN DISREGARDING ANY KIND OF ANGLESHOOT BASED ON HIS POST AFTER THE D1 DEADLINE, is satisfactory to inform you that changed is town

dusk has two reads on day 2. one is that changed is scum, one is that i am scum. coincidentally he posted after changed, and it just so happens taht changed and i are the two people who are scumreading dusk

i do not think dusk has real reads. i do not think dusk has real thoughts. i think dusk posts strategically based on which members of town pose a threat to the mafia faction and construct "reads" out of that, as mafia does, as new mafia does.

so when dusk says that he scumreads changed for TONAL (attitude) reasons rather than ACTIVITY reasons, it is a red flag for me, because that's NOT what he scumread changed for. In fact I don't even think he scumread changed for activity reasons, i think he has a scumread on changed because 1. changed is voting me and 2. changed tr's the mislynch he has been trying to set up.

it is not pedantics, i am not playing with words, there is a lapse in the thought process of dusk holy FUCK

I don't want to lynch any of you guys.

This is crazy.

Not going say "I read and thought really hard about every post on the last 2 pages" because I didn't, but I genuinely think this is all town vs town. Like is no one else struck by this either??? We're all shouting about ??? something and it just reads so strongly of self preservation instead of thinking about who is mafia. Instead of fighting with each other, why don't we work with each other to pick someone out?

Let's talk about the fact that we've had multiple really absent players who have fluffed their way through this game. Yeah, I'm not saying people need to be online f5ing every 5 seconds right now, but we've had some really minimal contributions today from certain players. OK let's give viper a pass since he's sort of here. But give Texas a pass for restating reads from a player who was afk? Give moody a pass for laying a vote down on ap for little reason with 0 other contribution? Yeah that's gonna be a no from me dawg.

Vote Moody - this is the one vote that I think makes sense for most everyone today. We've brought him up plenty of times and for whatever reason, we don't get a discussion going on him (or viper or texas for that matter). Why is no one discussing people outside of fighting with each other. We know already this has been a fairly low activity game. The mafia is going to be in the lurking pool. Everyone out here fighting is not a part of that pool. The mafia isn't pushing for this lynch on ap, they're hoping we stumble into it. Let's do this friends.

(and yeah i misunderstood the hammer thing, the way it was phrased scared me lol)

Ok yeah I will say Duskfall isn't town for me anymore given the change in activity and his insistence on the ap lynch as his contribution for day 2. That's a bad look and we definitely need to relook at him, but I'm willing to give him a chance. This isn't the vote methinks

This is crazy.

Not going say "I read and thought really hard about every post on the last 2 pages" because I didn't, but I genuinely think this is all town vs town. Like is no one else struck by this either??? We're all shouting about ??? something and it just reads so strongly of self preservation instead of thinking about who is mafia. Instead of fighting with each other, why don't we work with each other to pick someone out?

Let's talk about the fact that we've had multiple really absent players who have fluffed their way through this game. Yeah, I'm not saying people need to be online f5ing every 5 seconds right now, but we've had some really minimal contributions today from certain players. OK let's give viper a pass since he's sort of here. But give Texas a pass for restating reads from a player who was afk? Give moody a pass for laying a vote down on ap for little reason with 0 other contribution? Yeah that's gonna be a no from me dawg.

Vote Moody - this is the one vote that I think makes sense for most everyone today. We've brought him up plenty of times and for whatever reason, we don't get a discussion going on him (or viper or texas for that matter). Why is no one discussing people outside of fighting with each other. We know already this has been a fairly low activity game. The mafia is going to be in the lurking pool. Everyone out here fighting is not a part of that pool. The mafia isn't pushing for this lynch on ap, they're hoping we stumble into it. Let's do this friends.

(and yeah i misunderstood the hammer thing, the way it was phrased scared me lol)
i am leaving to walk my dog, i am putting some distance between me and my laptop for like 20 minutes i will be back before deadline.

This is crazy.

:blobthinking:

A Moody lynch does seem fine. Discussion at the very least should happen.
I originally leaned town for Moody but tbh he isn't as active as I once thought and a lot of his posts have been a bit... eh.
apricity I am very much torn between the two of you in this argument. Right now, Moody does seem like a better option to lynch if only to see how you and dusk do in Day 3.
Unvote: Apricity
Vote: Moody

Also not much is lost if he does flip town.

Back