Hot Takes

Vegetarianism is a privilege
"plants are a lot cheaper and healthier than meat! wym food deserts are a thing"

While I totally support people tactfully advocating for veganism, there's also a concerning amount of vegans/vegetarians who totally disregard things like the cultural element of eating meat that's present in cultures like native american tribes and east asian populations.

I'm probably just too online and it's not that big a deal but I stg that a few months ago I saw a reddit or twitter post where some vegan was disparaging the farmers as being scummy for raising animals for slaughter, nevermind how the meat industry is notoriously predatory and poverty stricken.

Tory

Banned deucer.
"plants are a lot cheaper and healthier than meat! wym food deserts are a thing"

While I totally support people tactfully advocating for veganism, there's also a concerning amount of vegans/vegetarians who totally disregard things like the cultural element of eating meat that's present in cultures like native american tribes and east asian populations.

I'm probably just too online and it's not that big a deal but I stg that a few months ago I saw a reddit or twitter post where some vegan was disparaging the farmers as being scummy for raising animals for slaughter, nevermind how the meat industry is notoriously predatory and poverty stricken.
Proteins are found in nuts, soy, wheat, beans, lentils, quinoa, seeds, and rice right? As a vegetarian myself, why do some people ask these retarded questions? "You don't eat meat? Where do you get your protein?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Proteins are found in nuts, soy, wheat, beans, lentils, quinoa, seeds, and rice right? As a vegetarian myself, why do some people ask these retarded questions? "You don't eat meat? Where do you get your protein?"
literally not what im arguing but okay. I'm saying that not everyone has access to these plant based foods and to be willfully ignorant to that, vegan or not, is scummy at best.

also r*tard is not a great word/needlessly stigmatizing and I encourage people to not say it

Tory

Banned deucer.
literally not what im arguing but okay. I'm saying that not everyone has access to these plant based foods and to be willfully ignorant to that, vegan or not, is scummy at best.

also r*tard is not a great word/needlessly stigmatizing and I encourage people to not say it
I don't comprehend the veggie lovers and vegans that whine about individuals who eat creatures. Species in the wild eat different creatures, have they at any point pondered that? I myself cook meat burgers, pork sausages, shrimp, crab cream cheese wontons, and serve it to other people.

All things considered, when I utilize that word, I mean individuals who lack general common sense. I never use it towards disabled residents with incapacities.

Here is a decent one... What is your opinion about people who eat chicken, duck, cows, buffalos, and horse meat right? Then harshly judges and scrutinizes people who eat felines and canines from China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohmachi

Sun✡Head
Ill update my resume, and apply for a job interview to moderate the forum, but only if I'm told what the job entails.

I don't comprehend the veggie lovers and vegans that whine about individuals who eat creatures. Species in the wild eat different creatures, have they at any point pondered that? I myself cook meat burgers, pork sausages, shrimp, crab cream cheese wontons, and serve it to other people.

All things considered, when I utilize that word, I mean individuals who lack general common sense. I never use it towards disabled residents with incapacities.

Here is a decent one... What is your opinion about people who eat chicken, duck, cows, buffalos, and horse meat right? Then harshly judges and scrutinizes people who eat felines and canines from China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam?
This isn't really a dig but I legit don't understand what you're trying to say with regards to my argument. I still assert that a lot of modern vegan/vegetarianism fails to account for privilege/access/culture re: a plant-based lifestyle. Which to that the questions of how to get plant based protein and personal attitudes toward meat (including whether or not there is hypocrisy surrounding condemning the consumption of dog/horses/etc while consuming chicken/pork/etc) are complete non-sequiturs.

While I agree that a lot of vegans and vegetarians in the US that I've seen (I'm thinking a loud online presence especially?) undermine people from other cultures who have had sustainable diets with meat in them, I think we shouldn't forget that there are also other cultures with vegetarian and vegan diets in them that aren't doing that and aren't in that position of privilege and we shouldn't conflate vegetarianism in itself with privilege and power when I think it's really more colonialism as implemented thru vegetarianism (just as it could be implemented thru many diff things) rather than vegetarianism in itself, if that makes sense.

Tenshi

and I think that's beautiful
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
back to the hot takes, Channing Tatum is NOT an attractive man and I don't understand any appeal he has to others like honey what are you looking at. Like surely there's an infinite amount of men out there with better bodies and more attractive features I'm sorry but like honey...:blobshrug:

Ryan Reynolds tho that's where the good shit is :blobuwu:

Oh and for the straights I guess, this isn't a hot take but just fact but Laura Bailey is the best voice actress in the field Period.

If it was one mod sure, all of them? Nah it has to be something worse then that.
Not really. Only 6 or so (if i recall correctly) were actually banned, but 3 had their moderation roles purged.

I don't think this is the place or the time to talk about them though so it seems best to save the long story for another time...

Ohmachi

Sun✡Head
Not really. Only 6 or so (if i recall correctly) were actually banned, but 3 had their moderation roles purged.

I don't think this is the place or the time to talk about them though so it seems best to save the long story for another time...
No. Now is a good time. It's been what a week? The current mod staff should make an announcement stating why the forum was closed and give the bare bone facts of what happened. At the very minimum they should state when an announcement is coming.

Idk what happened but it must have been bad.

No. Now is a good time. It's been what a week? The current mod staff should make an announcement stating why the forum was closed and give the bare bone facts of what happened. At the very minimum they should state when an announcement is coming.

Idk what happened but it must have been bad.
Listen sir, as far as I know this was posted in a badge-only forum, and they gave an explanation of what happened in that post.

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you're saying this because you want the info to be made public.

While this is fine, I don't think this thread is a good place to talk about it, so I'll probably just save the long story for another day and leave it off at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)