How to clone Pokemon in Emerald version

I wish I would of known this glitch a long time ago with my Shiny Rayquaza...

Well, anyway, I've mastered this glitch....Once I turned of the game half a second before the yes or no with saving came up, but it was fine, and I had still gotten the clones...
are you turning it off befor the first save question or the second? first she asks you if you wants to save. if you say yes there is a 2-3 second delay and then the prompt comes up asking you would you like to save. like when you go to menu then save. turn it off on that save question, not before or durning the delay.(that delay is when it is realy saving your party/bag without saving the PC)

I am just going to say that i have done it about 500 times, and it hasn't messed my game cartridge up so, i don't think it ever will.

Is the rule 1 Battle Tower or Frontier because in Tower won't work for me >_> Going to try the other one.

Edit: Never mind, the Continue option disappears.

are you turning it off befor the first save question or the second? first she asks you if you wants to save. if you say yes there is a 2-3 second delay and then the prompt comes up asking you would you like to save. like when you go to menu then save. turn it off on that save question, not before or durning the delay.(that delay is when it is realy saving your party/bag without saving the PC)
I said once I turned off 1 tenth of a second before yes or no (when asked to be saved) appeared. But it cloned and everything was fine.

So, yeah, I've mastered this glitch, no need to type all of that out....

there was a gamefaqs thread about this, so i thought id share it

1. Save in front of the PC in the Battle Tower.
2. Deposit the pokemon you want to clone in an empty box.
3. Leave the PC and save again.
4. Go to the PC one more time and withdraw the pokemon you want to clone, the one that's in an empty box.
5. Talk to the lady on the far right, and she will ask you to join a Multi Battle.
6. Select Yes and choose any two pokemon.
7. When she asks if you want to save, select Yes.
8. If everything so far has been done correctly, the game will wait about one second before doing anything else.
9. It doesnt matter what you do from her, the One Second wait was the glitch taking place.
10. Turn off your game, and now the cloned pokemon is both in the PC and in your party.

btw this is 100% verified to work, and is a cool way to get more tms or hold items or even master balls if you want. with the advent of d/p, assuming item trading works, this is going to be rather helpful.

however nobody knows the long term effects, so it might create corrupted data after awhile, i dunno

edit: also anyone with shinies or pokemon with sweet ivs should clone them and trade them over wifi imo :[[[
There are some wrong things in here..

On the second step Never deposit your pokemon since that will delete them always click move pokemon instead. This also only works in emerald no other games. And once you talk to the lady she will ask to save the game click yes then the game will stop for 1-3 seconds then she will say would you like to save the game? Then a option will come saying yes or no just turn of your game and turn it back on again.

On the second step Never deposit your pokemon since that will delete them always click move pokemon instead. This also only works in emerald no other games. And once you talk to the lady she will ask to save the game click yes then the game will stop for 1-3 seconds then she will say would you like to save the game? Then a option will come saying yes or no just turn of your game and turn it back on again.
I always do Deposit when I'm doing this and it works just fine.

I've been doing that forever now and it hasn't even deleted 1 of my pokes! I'm just good at doing it......I guess.

You probably just did something wrong......

I've been doing that forever now and it hasn't even deleted 1 of my pokes! I'm just good at doing it......I guess.

You probably just did something wrong......
I know how to clone :p

Just many people have claimed that depositing a pokemon could delete it or delete another pokemon in the box. So i always stay on the save side and just click move.

not sure about that, sonny.

Can it work with thr Ruby/Sapphire Battle Tower?
i am not so sure. i tried this on emerald verson of mine and it worked awsomely and didn't wreck data....i think it doesnt work on ruby/ sapphire because in emerald they made a few programming errors, and not in ruby/sapphire. i am not sure

thanks for the glitch!

4. Go to the PC one more time and withdraw the pokemon you want to clone, the one that's in an empty box.
5. Talk to the lady on the far right, and she will ask you to join a Multi Battle.
8. If everything so far has been done correctly, the game will wait about one second before doing anything else.
9. It doesnt matter what you do from her, the One Second wait was the glitch taking place.
10. Turn off your game, and now the cloned pokemon is both in the PC and in your party.

btw this is 100% verified to work, and is a cool way to get more tms or hold items or even master balls if you want. with the advent of d/p, assuming item trading works, this is going to be rather helpful.

however nobody knows the long term effects, so it might create corrupted data after awhile, i dunno

edit: also anyone with shinies or pokemon with sweet ivs should clone them and trade them over wifi imo :[[[
this is an awsome glitch and now i can clone some rare pokemon or give master balls to rare pokemon and trade them to diamond/ pearl and it doesnt delete data or pokemon, so it is safe too. and the cool thing is that you reminded me of my mewtwo with loads of sp atk and its lvl 100. i got it from fire/leaf
(368hp
235atk
206def
400 sp.atk
215 sp.def
332 speed
bashful nature
moveset: psychic
recover
ice beam
safe guard.... that's because i used calm mind on kyogre.)
i am going to clone tons of these holding master balls, migrate them to d/p,
then trade them over to wifi. awsomeness!

I am just going to say that i have done it about 500 times, and it hasn't messed my game cartridge up so, i don't think it ever will.
yeah, same, i have done it, it is safe, reliable, and a good way to clone high-level high-stat pokemon and migrate to d/p and trade over to wifi.

do this with pokemon with the pokemon virus and shinies too!

this is an awsome glitch and now i can clone some rare pokemon or give master balls to rare pokemon and trade them to diamond/ pearl and it doesnt delete data or pokemon, so it is safe too. and the cool thing is that you reminded me of my mewtwo with loads of sp atk and its lvl 100. i got it from fire/leaf
(368hp
235atk
206def
400 sp.atk
215 sp.def
332 speed
bashful nature
moveset: psychic
recover
ice beam
safe guard.... that's because i used calm mind on kyogre.)
i am going to clone tons of these holding master balls, migrate them to d/p,
then trade them over to wifi. awsomeness!
i also do this with my shiny dragonair and entei, suicune, snorlax, and raikou who all have the pokerrus virus. (remember, if you want to keep the virus you have to keep the pokemon in the box before midnight until next day, otherwise it goes) i got these pokemon shinies and pokeruses from my friends and family, then i cloned them and gave the clones back. simple.
i have no idea where my cousin got a pokerussed suicune, entei, raikou, and snorlax, since pokerus is even less lkely than shiny, but i suppose he got them from colleseum. a pokemon with the pokerus disiease give it double EVs or something like that when it levels up.

what's all this 1 tenth rubbish?

I said once I turned off 1 tenth of a second before yes or no (when asked to be saved) appeared. But it cloned and everything was fine.

So, yeah, I've mastered this glitch, no need to type all of that out....
*sigh* there is no need with timing in this glitch, forget all the "1 tenth of a second" thing. it works. it just works.

If somebody Pal parks a pokemon over from a game that they used cheating devices on (Action Replay or Gameshark, for example), does the pal parked pokemon negatively affect that player's diamond and pearl game? This is assuming the pal parked pokemon was not hacked or "created" through the cheat device.

wow theres a huge thread on cloning!! i love this place :)

i havent read all 5 million pages, but thought i'd throw my two cents in, just to say that the process can be simplified somewhat. (note that my post might just be old news, so sorry if it is.)

namely, if the pokemon you want to clone is already in the computer, you dont need to withdraw it so you can begin by depositing it. so here is a simplified version of the process.

1. make sure the pokemon(s) you want to clone are in the PC and that you have enough space in your party so you can withdraw them. (and make sure that when you withdraw them, you will have two pokes eligible for the battle tower - eg at least 2 non-ubers both with different items).

2. save your game. (anywhere is fine, but you might as well be in front of the said PC.)

3. now proceed from step 4 of the above.

this quicker method is particularly good if youre doing mass clonings.

also you can clone items without needing to clone pokemon. brilliant if you want 1000's of rare candies.

1. start by having at least two pokes in your party that are eligible for the battle tower. give an item to any pokemon in your PC.

2. save game as usual.

3. go to the PC, select move items, and put the item you want to clone in your bag.

4. go through the steps about going in the battle etc.

5. when you turn the game on, the poke in your PC will have the item, and it will also be in your bag.

note that you can do many items at once this way. in theory you could do as many items as pokes on your PC. i can clone a hundred rare candies in a few short minutes now that i have a few boxes full of pokes holding rare candies.

i thought i had an idea to REALLY speed it up, but it doesnt work. i thought you could deposit items from your bag to the PC item storage instead of step 3 above. that way you can put 99 rare candies in the PC in a couple of seconds. but alas it didnt work (it also didnt do anything bad, like delete things).

if this is old news, sorry...... if it helps, good :)

I've been using this useful little glitch for about a couple of years now, and my game still works perfectly. :)
It's great for getting multiple TMs, and to give shinies to my friends.

I used this trick a while ago, a bit rusty on some of the other parts to it but has it been mtnioned that you can clone 30 items maximum and 5 pokemon maximum doing this? It seems important and for some reason i didnt find it in this thread. obviously the 5 pokemon is by just depositing 5 pokemon but the items is just move 30 items to each pokemon in 1 box (one box only). just do the steps like normal but just like how you dont deposit pokemon do not withdraw any of them. withdraw the 30 items you just put in there. do the rest of the steps.

sorry if that was already said, i didnt see its mention. it is the best way to clone items like rare candys and vitamins though.

Also you can deposit pokemon, they wont get deleted if you deposit and do not move. you must be doing something wrong then.

edit: how did i not see above poster say that. however iirc there is a 30 pokemon limit for the items, otherwise it wont work (iirc)

You are not limited to cloning 30 items. You can clone as many items as you have pokemon in your PC. What is it, max of 450 or so?

something really weird happed,

I was cloning when my kingdra became all black and glitchy its moves names were the same as the menu screens and whenever it gets into a battle i black out and go to a pokemon center even if I have other poke.

I'm not going to migrate it or trade it since that might mess up my other versions up but after I tried putting in battle frontier it considered a poke tht wasn't allowed!

Luckily didn't mess up my save file just my kingdra tht took like a month to breed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)