Howtobasic

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So i was browsing youtube for a bit because i was bored and stumbled across the youtube channel of howtobasic. The entire channel is centered around showing us how to do amazing things, whether its making things in the kitchen, applying makeup, ending world hunger or even teleporting through an absurd combination of random ingredients, blenders, toilets, messmaking, and smashed raw eggs. I found some of these videos to be quite entertaining, so i linked them on #pokemon and after a few videos i asked this.

[09:46] <@Molk> lol
[09:46] <@Molk> howtobasic thread
[09:46] <@Molk> y/n
[09:46] <%treecko> lol
[09:46] <%treecko> y
[09:46] <%treecko> please
[09:46] <+Enguarde> i'm surprised you guys are only seeing this now lol
[09:46] <+Enguarde> y for getting it out there

Heres a link to howtobasic's youtube channel so you can watch a few of these videos for yourself and i'll add some direct links to a few videos in the OP so you can watch without going directly to the channel. enjoy!

Link to howtobasic's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/HowToBasic?feature=watch

And some links to his videos

(sorry if i did anything wrong :s)

these are truly works of art. I've also heard rumors that Yilx is howtobasic :0

also I know there may not be very many parents on Smogon, but for those of you parents out there who are struggling with fussy babies that don't like to eat much, howtobasic has some tips for you \o/

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
HowToBasic really is awesome. I was introduced to these videos by a friend in AP Calc... Let's just say I was laughing my ass off.

My contribution to the "HowToBasic videos posted in this thread":

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Howtobasic is amazing, caught it about 4 months ago and showed it to some friends of mine, now all my friends know about it. Simplicity at its finest haha

fuck these videos make me cringe so badly, haha.
^ first one i saw. why must s/he waste perfectly good food :c
hate to be a political justice freak or anything, but i know what it's like to not have enough food in the cupboard, and when i watch people waste perfectly good food like that... idk man.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the best ones are those that start off relatively plausibly, like the easter egg one

I like the feeding baby one the best. He's so gentle with it at the beginning and even puts on a bib. A few seconds later goes to town with the baby food.

lol I remember watching these in study hall about 5 months ago with some friends. I literally was in the middle of my school's library, hysterically crying out of laughter.

mkizzy

formerly kenny
i wonder how long it all takes with editting, retakes, etcetc
and how much it costs, too, with how often/regularly he uploads

it's hard not to lose it at the pure spontaneity, but i always thought he must have a lot of money he has no idea awful ideas of what to do with

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone else find these incredibly lackluster? It seems all he does is slam stuff into buckets and spazz out. And, they seem to be very formulaic. "How to Apply Makeup". Messily flop stuff over a face (like How to Feed a Baby) and then get mad and waste food all over it. Maybe I'm missing something?

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Does anyone else find these incredibly lackluster? It seems all he does is slam stuff into buckets and spazz out. And, they seem to be very formulaic. "How to Apply Makeup". Messily flop stuff over a face (like How to Feed a Baby) and then get mad and waste food all over it. Maybe I'm missing something?
You aren't missing anything, it's just the basic humor of screwing up badly on something that appeals to some people, but just doesn't do it for some others because it may seem wasteful, juvenile, or pointless. or all three. Even if one does find it funny it can easily get boring due to as you said, it's repetitive and formulaic. It's just not for everyone. (I find it entertaining but I like simple, stupid humor.)

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The appeal and novelty was lost after the first video, but it did remind me a hell of a lot of Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)