Metagame Inheritance

ANOTHER INHERITANCE LORD is coming.

Lordkoal (Heatran) @ White Herb / Air Balloon (depend on your needs)
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Electric / Sludge Bomb / Solarbeam

Ok. Prepare for this. Game Freak decided to give Drought to Torkoal, who already got Shell Smash. As a result, well, this happens.

Last edited:
Meowstic (Rhyperior) @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- Covet
- Sleep Talk

Persian-Alola (Excadrill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Thief
- Snatch

Liepard (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- Thief
- Copycat

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Sleep Talk

Spinda (Krookodile) @ Choice Band
Ability: Contrary
Jolly Nature
- Assist
- Thief
- Sleep Talk
- Focus Punch

Purugly (Mamoswine) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Assist
- Thief
- Sleep Talk
The advantage over V-Create being that you don't have to run a Mold Breaker user cuz Levitate ain't shit, everything (can) resist rocks, and it doesn't drop stats with repeated use. The downside being that it's about half as powerful versus neutral targets.

Persian also gets Z-Happy Hour + Assist if that's how you wanna roll.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader

Aurorus (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Ability: Refrigerate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail

So a couple weeks ago I found out this OM was coming out and with the help of nv we tested some cool stuff, and this was probably my favorite. Aurorus solves one of the big issues physical Kyurem-B sets usually face; a lack of a physical Ice-type STAB. With Aurorus's Refrigerate and a Choice Band, Kyurem-B hits stupidly strong, completely annihilating anything that doesn't resist Ice. Aurorus also happens to get Outrage which is nice for nuking Water-types like Vaporeon (Alomomola) or Suicune (Quagsire). Aqua Tail is great filler for nailing Heatran. Alternatively, a Choice Scarf set is just as threatening for Offense as CB is to Balance. Kyurem-B (Aurorus) even has the option of going mixed with something like Frustration / Outrage / Freeze-Dry / Earth Power. Just to demonstrate how ridiculously powerful this set is, here are a couple calcs vs the fat walls of the tier.

252+ Atk Choice Band Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Frustration vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Magearna: 177-209 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 258-304 (63.8 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 197-232 (42.4 - 50%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

or

Pelipper (Tornadus) @ Life Orb / Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-Turn
- Knock Off / Scald / Hydro Pump
- Roost

The form you use depends on weather (heh) you prefer more power or more speed and bulk, but this basically acts as a cool utility mon capable of leaving massive holes with unmissable STAB Hurricanes. It is powerful as a stand alone threat, but can also run Damp Rock for more dedicated rain teams, as rain has a way of staying relevant in most metas thanks to the large myriad of perks. As an after thought, Primarina might make for a powerful Swim Swim user in this meta.

Most people might think of Mew as a possibly cool mon to inherit from, thanks to its expansive movepool and decent ability. Here however are a couple of cool sets that use Mew as a receiver to abuse that awesome Genesis Supernova.

Mew @ Mewnium
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Thanks to Mew's nice 100/100/100 bulk, Mew has no troubles setting up uninvested, and when combined with Roost Mew can find many set up opportunities throughout the match and can often get up at least a couple Quiver Dances. Upon setting up a comfortable amount of Quiver Dances, Mew may then proceed to nuke something with the 185 base power Genesis Supernova, leaving behind Psychic Terrain to boost Mew's STAB Psychic by 50% and make Mew immune to Priority, making it extremely hard to wear down and revenge thanks to its boosted speed. Tinted Lens allows Mew to muscle past Steel and Psychic types, where as Bug Buzz helps to remove Dark types.
+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Mew Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 198-234 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO (w/ Psychic Terrain)
+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Mew Genesis Supernova vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 270-318 (67.8 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
NOTE: A Physically Defensive spread may also be a really powerful option, if not better, treated like a classic CM sweeper.

Mew @ Mewnium
Timid Nature (or Modest)
- Psychic
- Nature Power
- Moon Blast
- Shadow Ball

Everyone is of course familiar by now with the Prankster + Nature Power Combo, often coupled with Terrain to provide a boosted STAB with increased Priority. Genesis Supernova sets Psychic Terrain, so Mew effectively gets +1 SpA and +1 Priority on Psychic. Moonblast hits Dark types, Shadow Ball hits Psychic types. Steel types, well... fuck Steel types.
252 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 234-276 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Fuck Steel Types (Thundurus) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flame Thrower / Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Thank you Alolan Golem for all the tools we could possibly need to kill Steel types. The nick name says it all really. There are very few if any Steel types out there that stand much of a chance against this, which may become very relevant given how strong things like Kartana and Kyurem-B appear to be. Though this Thundurus does of course have uses outside of Steel trapping, with 111 Speed, strong mixed offences and the coverage to to hit 695 pokemon super effectively with Expert Belt, I'm sure it ought to put in work more often than not. The EVs can probably be further optimised.

To touch on other things being brought up.

Most Ultra Beast are looking to be sick receivers (except for Guzzlord ofc), but with the stat spreads they possess that doesn't come as too much of a surprise. What is more surprising is how little discussion there's been on Ultra Beasts as Donors, outside of The Ruins of Alpha's nice looking Tapu Koko set. I mean Beast Boost is an awesome, highly customisable ability, and if not powerful each of the ultra beast's move pools are at least pretty unique.

Arena Trap needs to go. Please. Dugtrio has more tricks up its sleeve than should be deemed balanced, and sometimes even Trapinch has a niche. I mean with Sucker Punch and Final Gambit even Guzzlord could be broken, and I don't need any more ridiculous Ultra Beasts in my life. But you don't need to be creative, EdgeQuake Landorus-T with Arena Trap is just not a healthy addition to any meta.

The last thing I wanna get in on is the discussion on the decision to restrict Ubers from donating their moves and abilities. Tbh I agree with this new clause. It's a shame that we lose a few possibilities and cool threats from last gen. In particular Desolate Land Heatran and Primordial Sea Empoleon were quite popular last gen, though I'm not sure I'd miss them too much. Losing Ho-oh and Lugia inheritors hurts a bit though. But the point is that I believe there are enough Uber donors that would be broken to justify a blanket ban for simplicity's sake. Zygarde inheriting from Zygarde complete is a no thanks, Geomancy from Xerneas is a definite nope, inheriting from Lunala seems ridiculous, however legal last gen the Primals were borderline broken, and I'm sure Arceus' movepool has the potential to push a couple mega evolutions over the edge. I think we get rid of enough troublesome things without losing an awful lot of healthy viable donors in the process, so however subjective I do believe there is enough merit to justify this blanket ban.

This meta will be awesome this gen.

Wow. I forgot that Hoopa-U is legal. Now THIS is a set.

HI STALL (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Agility / Nasty Plot (depending on your needs)

Z-Conversion? Who cares about Z-Conversion when you have a dual STAB that hits both sides boosted by Adaptability and Life Orb? I think Nasty Plot isn't needed but if you REALLY hate Stall (Which I do, though not really hate. Just a little hate), have Nasty Plot. Also being a Dark type means that there will be no Prankstermons harrasing you, so that's a good benefit.

Yeah no, arena trap + final Gambit Chansey was some sever bullshit last gen and it hasn't changed a single bit this gen, if played well it could get up rocks and take out sometimes 2 key members of the opposing team and do so very easily. And that's only one of its abusers.

Quickban shouldn't even be a question. It's a necessity.

Kartana is so good. I just wish it had some way to compensate for its mediocre speed.

Remember Scizor?

Scizor (Kartana) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Thief
- Aerial Ace

Technician gives Kartana the 90 BP priority STAB it needs to murder everything that isn't inheriting from Tapu Lele. Swords Dance lets it boost up before pounding opponents with Bullet Punches, and hitting everything that resists Bullet Punch with 90 BP Technician-boosted coverage in Thief and Aerial Ace.

Kartana is so good. I just wish it had some way to compensate for its mediocre speed.

Remember Scizor?

Scizor (Kartana) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Thief
- Aerial Ace

Technician gives Kartana the 90 BP priority STAB it needs to murder everything that isn't inheriting from Tapu Lele. Swords Dance lets it boost up before pounding opponents with Bullet Punches, and hitting everything that resists Bullet Punch with 90 BP Technician-boosted coverage in Thief and Aerial Ace.
Except Aerial Ace doesn't actually do anything to help its coverage (Thief is legit for Aegislash). It's actively redundant vs. Electric- and Steel-types. Swap it out for Superpower, IMO. You could also run Pursuit over Thief -- with all the dangerous stuff Kartana can do in this meta, it will definitely generate switches.

Speaking of, if you want Kartana to go faster, another way to do it could be Feraligatr, which also gives it an incredibly strong (if inaccurate) Iron Tail.

Feraligatr (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Crunch
- Superpower

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Kartana Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross-Mega: 125-147 (41.5 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Kartana Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raikou: 224-264 (69.7 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Kartana Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Incineroar: 194-229 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
Yeah no, arena trap + final Gambit Chansey was some sever bullshit last gen and it hasn't changed a single bit this gen, if played well it could get up rocks and take out sometimes 2 key members of the opposing team and do so very easily. And that's only one of its abusers.

Quickban shouldn't even be a question. It's a necessity.
Don't forget the eternally Fun and Competitive Mud Slap Chansey!

Dugtrio (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mud Slap
- Sand Tomb
- Toxic
- Rest

The best part is that both Dugtrio and Trapinch have all of these moves, so you can run two of them!

... please quickban.

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Some sets

Guzzlord (Pyukumuku) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Memento
- Toxic

Straight from the depths of AAA, Innards Out Guzzlord is an offensive team's perfect answer to a set up sweeper and an easy way to kill your opponent's momentum. Moves are simple, recover memento and toxic do what they always do.

Palossand (Corsola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Palossand is easily the coolest mon introduced by Gen7, and it has an awesome typing as well as good all around stats. Its typing, bulk, and decent power make it a great regen user, and Corsola can offer it STAB moves. Corsola can give it SR

Tapu Fini (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze / Toxic
- Recover

Amazing typing and great bulk, surely will be useful for all of the meta's set up sweepers.

Last edited:
Not to mention Purify only works on the enemy, so Toxic + Purify on the same set is a bit counterintuitive

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok with me putting this up while being half asleep, and the complaints within the thread itself, I have some issues to address, so here we go.

*First off, the quickbans...

Kyurem-Black

As many people have mentioned (Schpoonman specifically from what I can see browsing through), Kyurem-Black's issues in standard play are a thing of the past in Inheritance as it can inherit from multiple Pokemon such as Dragonite (s/o simsims2800), Aurorus (s/o Eternally), and so on. Forcing the metagame to adapt to such a volatile and unpredictable threat is just asking for the meta to become very stale very quickly and as such I am getting rid of this.

Arena Trap

With Shadow Tag being banned via the use of OU clauses, I sort of forgot about this. With the way this metagame works, anything can become a piece of shit annoying and trap all Pokemon bar Flying-types. Dugtrio even has a decent enough movepool to lure in things for certain Pokemon (or just be cancerous af like the set Akumeoy posted). Let's just say, the ability to trap any checks and/or counters to the threats of the metagame (or trapping in general) is very restricting for a metagame that is built on creativity so therefore this is getting the boot as well.

Assist

Lastly, while this OM ban-wise should be banning certain givers and inheritors (and obviously broken abilities that lead to broken strategies) this particular move has proven time and time again (not just in this OM) that it can break anything with ease. While its users in standard play are really subpar, this OM gets around that by allowing their movepools and this stupidity of a move to be used by standard threats such as Keldeo, Pheromosa, or whatever else you can think of. This is getting the boot as well.

*As for the whole "not allowing inheriting from Ubers", like Isa Simple said, it gives this metagame a new life as you won't see stuff like Desolate Land Heatran or Primordial Sea Keldeo (which ended up getting Keldeo banned last gen) and as such allows even more creativity as it forces people to find what else would break benefit these inheritors. Think of it in a similar vein to the lack of unreleased stones in Mix and Mega. While this change wasn't done via "force", I believe it can help us find a lot of cool sets that may not have been big last gen and as such the "not allowing inheriting from Ubers" rule will be staying.

*And lastly, I have a cool set I was messing with before this was made public...

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Giving Heatran Levitate and reliable recovery is all it ever really wanted. Thanks to Hydreigon's expansive af movepool, it also still carries over STAB moves allowing it to make use of its good bulk and fantastic defensive typing. Using Taunt also forces walls to attack rather than trying to set up or cripple Heatran.

I am really excited to grow this metagame with you guys this gen n_n

Lol you guys think we will have a different meta without inheriting from Ubers and megas? Not really. We lose Primal abilities, but we gained Torkoal (who has Drought, Eruption, Shell Smash) and Pelliper (while not having Water Spout, it has Roost, Hurricane, U-turn and freaking Defog, which is pretty big). So the gen 6 set of Specs/Scarf Desoland Eruption Heatran is still available this gen with Drought. Your wallbreakers ain't going anywhere, so be glad and stop complaining.

Yes, we lose geomancy Xerneas but we gain Z-Conversion Adaptability Porygon-Z as a DONOR (meaning you can use anyone with high Special Attack like Xurkitree) and Shell Smash Drought Torkoal. We lose Adapt espeed from Mega Lucario though, which kinda sucks.

In fact, not inheriting from Megas benefit us because we don't have to deal with Mega Sableye inheritors, especially Chansey. It was pretty painful to break last gen and I'd say it's pretty broken.

Also regarding inheriting from Sableye, which was broken in gen 6, relax. It won't harrass your Mega Gyarados anymore due to being Dark and there is this beautiful thing called Psychic Surge that prevents it from functioning. So it may not be broken for a while and you can safely break walls with Shell Smash Mega Gyara without Prankster Will-o harrasing you.

If anything, Gen 7 Inheritance will have more possibilities and will be more offensively oriented than Gen 6 due to crazy new threats in Gen 7. That's all I'm gonna say.

Also nv, please consider unbanning Landorus I, Genesect and Aegislash. Donor wise and inheritor wise, they are not broken and they are fine until the end of Gen 6.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ok so will post some cool sets been using/seeing:

Heatran (Solrock) @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power / Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun

So this is similar to the Heatran set that nv posted above, but I like inheriting from Solrock as it allows Heatran access to both recovery and Stealth Rock. Yes Morning Sun is not as reliable as Roost or any other recovery move, but it still works quite well given that weather is not too predominant besides Sun from Torkoal inheritors and Rain from Pelipper inheritors.

Hoopa-Unbound (Keckleon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out / Flamethrower

Lol whats a good switchin to this? Sucker Punch is great on Hoopa-U as it lets it bypass its somewhat rather average speed and lets it deal so much damage in return. BoltBeam is just amazing coverage as always and Hoopa-U can even run Fake Out to rack up some more damage before potentially landing the KO with Sucker Punch on more frailer targets. Definitely a scary threat to face..

Tapu Fini (Masquerain) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam

Those familiar with the Gen 6 Inheritance iteration all know the terror that was Suicune with QD and Intimidate. Well now in this gen we get a new abuser with Tapu Fini which has less bulk, but a much better typing to compensate. I can still see this to be a quite troublesome strategy to deal with and might need some looking into in the near future..

sin(pi)

lucky n bad

Mew @ Mewnium
Timid Nature (or Modest)
- Psychic
- Nature Power
- Moon Blast
- Shadow Ball

Everyone is of course familiar by now with the Prankster + Nature Power Combo, often coupled with Terrain to provide a boosted STAB with increased Priority. Genesis Supernova sets Psychic Terrain, so Mew effectively gets +1 SpA and +1 Priority on Psychic. Moonblast hits Dark types, Shadow Ball hits Psychic types. Steel types, well... fuck Steel types.
252 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 234-276 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Prankster in Psychic Terrain probably isn't the best idea, tbh.

More fun™:

Chansey (Pyukumuku) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Hasty/Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Recover
- Toxic
- Gastro Acid
- Taunt / Counter
Moves are pretty changeable, I wanted things which stopped counters (Taunt blocks setup/slower taunts, Gastro blocks MGuard, etc). You can use anything which is blobby enough; Alomomola is the fastest viable option.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Some pretty overpowered mons:

Malamar (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (though you could run a bulkier set)
Jolly Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
After a few Superpowers, Terrakion becomes very physically bulky and powerful. Knock Off to hit Ghost types and Rock Slide for additional STAB and to hit flying types.
+2 252 Atk Terrakion Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shaymin: 280-331 (69.3 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Swoobat (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Simple
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
One word: OP. After just two Calm Minds Cresselia becomes very bulky and Stored Power hits like a truck. Hidden Power Fighting to hit Dark types and Steel types.
+4 4 SpA Cresselia Stored Power (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Shaymin: 459-541 (134.6 - 158.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 4 SpA Cresselia Stored Power (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shaymin: 331-390 (81.9 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bibarel (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Crunch
- Return
Basically just a physical version of Cresselia.

Venomoth (Jirachi) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature (or Timid Nature)
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Giga Drain / Roost
The reason why Venomoth wasn't used was because of its bad typing and bulk, but now Jirachi has solid 100/100/100 defenses and a great Steel/Psychic Typing! Just put everyone to sleep and boost, then kill everyone with Psychic. Giga Drain or Roost for recovery.

Dragonite (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Facade / Thunder Punch / Superpower
Basically Dragonite with Salamencite in MnM but with Pinsir. Dragon Dance while your Multiscale is broken, and then megavolve and sweep with Extreme Speed. Earthquake to hit Steel and Electric types. Facade if you get burned, Thunder Punch to hit Steel/Flying (idk), and Superpower to hit Levitate Steel types.

Toxapex (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
It's basically a Toxapex, but with a better typing and higher HP.

Last edited:
There is currently a bug in the donor clause. It works just fine if there is only one potential donor that could produce a set, but if there are multiple then the whole thing fails. Here's an example:

There are 3 pokemon that can have Sheer Force, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Earth Power, and Focus Blast (Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Rampardos). It should follow that I can bring up to 3 pokemon with that set, however I can bring 6 right now.

This is a pretty small bug, but I still wanted to bring it up. At a glance it seems kinda like an offline bin packing problem to me, which doesn't have an exact solution bar enumeration. Enumeration should be fine since N is pretty tiny.

Couldn't this be a threatening TR sweeper?

Victini (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn/Brick Break/Power Up Punch/Whatever

Fairly simple. Find an opportunity to set up TR then fire off V-creates with your boosted attack. Not much will be slower, especially after one v-create. Bolt Strike is for the water types wanting to switch in. Then the last move I wasn't sure what to put. Originally I thought u-turn to get out when trick room is about to end. The only thing to watch out for is priority.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Lol you guys think we will have a different meta without inheriting from Ubers and megas? Not really. We lose Primal abilities, but we gained Torkoal (who has Drought, Eruption, Shell Smash) and Pelliper (while not having Water Spout, it has Roost, Hurricane, U-turn and freaking Defog, which is pretty big). So the gen 6 set of Specs/Scarf Desoland Eruption Heatran is still available this gen with Drought. Your wallbreakers ain't going anywhere, so be glad and stop complaining.
If it won't be very, if any, different, then why get rid of them in the first place?

We should be focusing on banning particularly good sets like last gen with Masquerain and Sableye rather than basing judgment off of the donor's tiering, since very few Ubers actually have outstanding moves + abilities. Ubers usually just power through things with their raw stats, which DON'T get inherited.

I know the meta will be wildly different from last gen due to gen 7 resetting everything as well as new potential donors, but we really don't need a dramatic and sudden change like this. As for the sentiment of how this will "open up new possibilities", has limiting people ever actually made them more productive? No, it just forces them to use the last handful of broken things left, and the meta will ultimately wind up a spamfest like BH, Return'd, or Pokebilities.

I'm sure there are several potential things that could have been done to try to preemptively balance out the meta, but limiting the creativity of a meta that was made specifically for the purpose of allowing players to be creative should not have been one of them.

That said I think the mega part makes sense since you technically need to occupy an item slot in order for the original donor mon to access the mega ability

Anyways, I'm glad to see people at least still (kinda) care about inheritance ^-^ And apologies if I came off ruder than I probably should have, I just don't want my baby to die ;-;

Not sure who Xurkitree should inherit from:

Mesprit (Xurkitree)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Lati@s (Xurkitree)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog / Calm Mind

Eelektross (Xurkitree)
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice

At a bare minimum, Heatran will be a lot more manageable thanks to becoming neutral to Water-types and also alternative weathers. Plus its sun eventually wears out, so if it's forced back in around when said sun wears out, it's SOL. Without the primal weathers, maybe weather teams will actually be viable this time around. And of course, Pelipper's offensive movepool is a joke compared to Kyogre -- no Water Spout, no Electric move. Hurricane is cool, but the Water/Flying-type with the highest SpA is Pelipper. Also, Z-Conversion Porygon-Z doesn't really compare to GeoXern. No Fairy move or Focus Blast, for one, and also it's just not as strong.

More stuff because I'm basically constantly ideas, not all of it is Gen 7 stuff this time around.
Swoobat (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Simple / Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Taunt

Stallbreaker Celesteela, with two fantastic abilities to choose from -- one to set up really fast and make things really painful, or another that also lets it work as a wincon for defensive teams (notably, it answers Kartana nicely) and win CM wars. Taunt lets it break stall (specifically, opposing Unaware users). JFC why does Celesteela do everything?

Hariyama (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Thick Fat / Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Bullet Punch
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat

Breaks stall after Unaware users are eliminated, and offense after their Sucker Punches and >110 Spe users are gone. It's just so fucking strong.

Azumarill (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Sap Sipper
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Break stall for daiz. One of the better stall teams from last gen ran Prankster Haze Azumarill to stop it, but since it's a Dark-type now, I legitimately do not know whether that even still works. which tells you the lengths needed to stop it on bulky teams. As a Dark-type, Prankstered moves that target it won't stop it either.

Dhelmise (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steelworker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Anchor Shot
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

Not only is it a powerful (if slow) Steel-type sweeper in its own right, it can lure Suicune in to hit it with Power Whip.

Shuckle (Weavile) @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Encore

A fast hazard lead for offensive teams that can set 1-2 hazards while seriously disrupting the opponent between Red Card, Knock Off, and Encore. Trust me, this set is really fun to use, unless they bring Tapu Koko or Fake Out or a random Magic Bounce user (the last is less of a concern with MAbsol and MSableye being unable to donate).

Clawitzer (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam / Scald

Strong Aura Spheres for daze, not countered by Water-resistant Psychic- or Ghost-types.
252 SpA Choice Specs Mega Launcher Keldeo Aura Sphere vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 300-354 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO

Not sure who Xurkitree should inherit from:

Mesprit (Xurkitree)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Lati@s (Xurkitree)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog / Calm Mind

Eelektross (Xurkitree)
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice
Miss me with that weak shit.

Nidoking/Nidoqueen/Rampardos (Xurkitree) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Xurkitree Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 278-330 (43.3 - 51.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Porygon-Z is an option for a Nasty Plot set with equally powerful Tbolts but weaker everything else and also different coverage. Just run Raikou if you want a levitating Electric-type.

Last edited:
Megas are a bigger loss than ubers, especially mega lucario, all -ates and absol/sableye.

I guess now we'll have to run Chopin's stupid sets and have hustle espeed from togekiss instead of the superior adapt.

But adapt excadrill is never coming back.

Akumeoy Haze doesn't target the pokemon, so prankster haze works against dark types.

just want to posting some idea

Serperior (Sceptile) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Glare / Giga Drain

basically more offensive serperior

Slurpuff (Bewear) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Return
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough / Substitute / Aromatherapy

now this bear is fast after Belly Drum

Shiinotic (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis / Strength Sap / Spore
- Hidden Power Fire

new move for m-venu

Swoobat (Slowbro) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Simple / Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 20 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Water (another way to hit dark types)

another stored power user with superb bulk

Clawitzer (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Flash Cannon / Sludge Wave
- U-Turn

maybe old set, but i think still workable

Tyrantrum (Archeops) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage

you can do that too with Tyrantitar with less speed, but more bulky and access to another stab (crunch)

Last edited:

One-Trick Pony (Tapu Bulu) holding Leftovers (stupid Smogon user tagging system)
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return / Facade / Last Resort
- Wish
- Protect / Quick Attack / Baton Pass / Heal Bell / Facade / Substitute

I was looking for possible -Ate abusers, but the only 'mons with -Ate abilities are Alolan Golem and Sylveon. Golem-A doesn't have any synergistic coverage, but what it does have is still probably better than what Sylveon has (read: Dig and nothing else). Still, a bulky Pixilate mono-attacker could work on something with a decent Attack stat and decent bulk like Bulu or Diancie. (Diancie would probably prefer to go Special, where it can hit through subs, hit most Poison-, Steel-, and Fire-types at least neutrally with Shadow Ball, and maintain its Speed while boosting, but w/e.)

First of all, did simsims2800 forget about Aurorus?

Secondly, I play a lot of BH, and I thing I run is the imfamous Imposter Chansey, and here she is!

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpA
- Transform

Unless I'm missing something, this is legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)