Metagame Inheritance

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
It determines the name by looking at the ability as well as the move set.
Right, I know. But I know there were issues at some point with what donors were allowed and how Showdown determines which donor to choose. Does Showdown choose the first Pokemon in the dex that matches, or does it pick one at random?

Murkrow (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Mean Look
- Roost
- Haze
- Perish Song
Chansey inheriting from Murkrow, This fucking pink blob tanks anything you throw at it bar fighting type physical moves and then uses mean look+ perish song to fuck things up. Haze to stop set up, roost for recovery. The prankster nerf affects it a little but still,this is just plain uncompetitive pls ban this meme

I don't like all the competing Pinsirs, so I'm gonna post a set and make everyone spam it so Atespeed Glalie takes over.

Sceptile (Landorus-Therian) @ Red Card
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Landorus actually has some pretty good bulk, and of course a really gross base 145 Attack. Sceptile honestly has a better physical movepool than special, and monsters like Landorus-Therian can take advantage of that. Make sure you've cleared priority and broken any necessary Sashes/Sturdies, set up on something you know you can live against, take the hit, pop the Red Card, and sweep. Be careful you don't just get switched on and stuck with your Red Card when they've got something like Ice Beam Pheromosa still kicking. That's tricky, and this set will probably lose a shitton of effectiveness now that I'm posting it (where are my goddamn Gems, GameFreak!) and people will know not to trip its Red Card prematurely, but I've been so impressed by its speed and power that I wanted to share.

EDIT: The EVs can be moved around. I have enough to beat positive base 70s. Salamence (or another Flying-type with high Attack I'm not thinking of) could also use this moveset (it's a little faster but weaker with similar bulk, so the EVs would go to bulk, but I'm not sure how much bulkier or if it's worth the Attack drop.

Last edited:

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Here's a fun set I've been rocking on a Sticky Web team. They try and Defog and it lets Tapu Koko get to +2, on top if its insanely high Speed. Perfect coverage and the ability to make the other team want to Defog through Stealth Rock makes this thing a monster. You could run Fire Blast over Stealth Rock if it fits your fancy, but I just prefer the entry hazards. Super strong, super fun.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Here's another fun Koko set bc like wishes said it's really good bc of speed and coverage. This helps to patch up that awful special attack without waiting for defiant, Superpower is mostly for catching some random things like spdef tran and chansey but Nidoking has crazy coverage so you could go with plenty of other things like Fire Blast, Rocks/Tspikes if you want hazards, Sucker Punch, etc. Koko is easily my favorite thing to use rn, it checks so many top threats at once, definitely give it a shot

Here are a couple maybe decent sets?

Xurkitree @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Ice Beam
- Conversion

Z-conversion Porygon-Z on steroids.

Doublade (Persian-A) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Parting Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- U-turn / Foul Play

This is a really solid pivot. Comes in on any physical attacker without Knock Off, or honestly probably even with Knock Off. Doublade already has nuts defense, so when you add Fur Coat in the mix, shit gets crazy.

Doublade still lacks recovery so it can be worn down pretty easily, and doesn't really need more physical bulk as it's great already. Concerning Xurkitree i don't get why you don't put BoltBeam combo on it? Ice Beam and Thunderbolt covers pretty much everything in the game and you can possibly add Hidden Power Ground/Shadow Ball to hit Magearna/Alolan Marowak/Celesteela that would have packed an immunity to Thunderbolt to check Xurkitree (Shadow Ball covers all of them, though it will be a bit weak if you pick ice or electric typing). I still prefer inheriting from Kecleon though that gives Protean and BoltBeam combo+ Fire Blast. Although it lacks the power of Z Conversion, it still have Z Trick or Z Recycle to boost its Speed by two stages allowing it to sweep with its awesome Special Attack stat.

Xurkitree @Psychium Z

Ability: Protean

Evs: 252 SpA 252 Speed 4 SpDef

Modest Nature

Trick
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Fire Blast/Shadow Ball

Z-Trick boosts Xurkitree's Speed by 2 stages so it can begin a sweep. BoltBeam hits almost everything for neutral damage, with the exception of Alolan Marowak and Magearna that packs an immunity to Thunderbolt. This is why the last option comes in. Fire Blast roasts Magearna hard with its high power and STAB thanks to Protean, Shadow Ball can be used instead if Alolan Marowak or Chandelure that packs immunity to Electric are more of a concern.

Evs are standard, Modest nature is used cause Xuriktree will outspeed everything at +2 Speed, even some boosted threats, but a Timid Nature can be used to outrun some threats before the boost if it needs to, but it will come at the cost of some firepower. This set inherits from Kecleon.

Last edited:
Finally got highest peak on ladder after so many battles after many rebuilding a team, i just want to share a team that made me topping at high ladder, which the ladder now full of hyper offense and semi stall. this team play on Balance which have 3 walls, 1 all out attacker, 1 wallbreaker, and 1 super fat bulky attacker. i call this team Snorlax Kingdom (balance).

Snorlax (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 168 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Facade
- Leech Seed / Thunder Punch
- Protect

The King of this team. it looks a like curselax in AAA but didn't have access to crunch or earthquake. facade hit hard with poison boost. bulk up is there to make more bulky. Leech Seed is there to fill Crunch/ Earthquake, and give so much passive healing. this give troubles to unaware mons because you can pp stall their recovery. this set is hardwalled by Magic Bounce / Magic Guard Ghost types or Grass/Ghost types, so thunderpunch is there so it can make a "hit", paralysis chance is nice too. This EV spread can survive Drain Punch from Life Orb Kecleon Pheromosa.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Jet
- Facade

Inheriting from Bruxish. Pretty self eplanatory, this satan's job to make a big hole for opponent, this support snorlax to for removing Doublades and other ghost. Crunch and Psychic Fangs just hit hard and others mostly fillers. The speed ev just to speed creep suicune, but you cando max bulk or max speed too. Why i choose Bruxish other than Adaptability Crawdaunt is a Dual Stab. sadly crawdaunt psychic move only Rest.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- U-turn
- Power-Up Punch

the Hard hitter, usually i lead with this because the fast u-turn. this go as a second cleaner if Snorlax is down.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 112 Def / 140 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Gyro Ball
- Roost
- Knock Off

Doublade check so many set-up attacker, switch this if you see a contrary fighting type. this can't wall M-Gyarados, so beware of that.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- U-turn
- Roost

i am seeing a bulky defog with access to u-turn and recovery, and i see those on mew, so with combining Chansey bulk, this defogger is going to live long. i use Comatose Chansey before with using rapid spin, but walled by Ghost types losing so much momentum

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Haze
- Toxic

this actually to help doublade weakness, immunity to earthquake and being dark types so this can face 1vs1 other prankster user. Prankster Haze is there to stop setup sweepers especially M-Gyarados.

proof for highest peak, well meaningless on day 5, but still ...

this team is focused around snorlax, 3 pivot is there to help snorlax send safely. no E-Speed or Stealth rocks hurts (i kinda doesn't have a space for it). almost my games win by Snorlax because many teams focused on Priority and Unaware mons, but almost no one prepare for Bulky Attacker like Snorlax. beware though with teams that contains Magic Bounce Ghost types, as they counter this teams.

i forgot to save some replay, but meybe this replay show how this team works
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-528549413

That's really it.

Last edited:
Xurkitree @Psychium Z

Ability: Protean

Evs: 252 SpA 252 Speed 4 SpDef

Modest Nature

Trick
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Fire Blast/Shadow Ball
Just run Life Orb Pheromosa, honestly.

252+ SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 201-237 (58.9 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Pheromosa Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 199-235 (58.3 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The damage reduction is imperceptible, it's extremely fast right off the bat, and doesn't use up your Z move. If you're already using Pheromosa for something else, Hoopa Unbound is only a little slower than Xurkitree and can either go mixed or just bluff it. The only relevant thing you'd miss out on speedwise is Gyarados.

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- U-turn
- Roost

i am seeing a bulky defog with access to u-turn and recovery, and i see those on mew, so with combining Chansey bulk, this defogger is going to live long. i use Comatose Chansey before with using rapid spin, but walled by Ghost types losing so much momentum.
Use Staraptor over Mew for bulky defog, unless HB is really needed (and it does slightly conflict with PH):

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Toxic / Whirlwind
Intimidate is really good.

Ninjask (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web

Shuckle makes ninjask a great suicide lead with an amazing support movepool and ability.

Torkoal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Here's a fun Torkoal set that I've been testing that has been working spectacularly. Torkoal is actually really, really bulky and a monoFire typing isn't really that bad in a tier where so much entry hazard removal is possible. Although you don't have Fire-type STAB moves, Seismic Toss still threatens the opponent and with Poison Heal + Leech Seed, it's hard to take this tank down! Here's a replay showing how Torkoal can put in work: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-529055789. Obviously not the best replay, but it just is to show how Torkoal can take on set-up sweepers and just be a general roadblock for the opponent.

Use Staraptor over Mew for bulky defog, unless HB is really needed (and it does slightly conflict with PH):

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Toxic / Whirlwind
Intimidate is really good.
yeah, i considered that before, but i realized heal bell give important support when Snorlax getting "False" status. Inheriting from mew also can be a thing because unpredictability factor such as they can see this Chansey carries Transform (when actually not, but you deceiving people for momentum).

Can you look into banning pheromosa. This Mon with kecleon's protean and movepool is uncounterable and very restrictive on team-building.
I played 5 games and every single person had a pheromosa (4 kecleon and 1 mienshao). It made me want to stop playing this OM and just wait until March instead.

Can you look into banning pheromosa. This Mon with kecleon's protean and movepool is uncounterable and very restrictive on team-building.
I played 5 games and every single person had a pheromosa (4 kecleon and 1 mienshao). It made me want to stop playing this OM and just wait until March instead.
No, it can easily be countered. For instance, by Scarf Skill Link Kartana. The difficulty is finding a counter that can do more than just counter Pheromosa.

I don't know about a quick ban, but between Lele Alakazam's popularity and how borderline impossible it is to switch into Phero (Kecleon doesn't even tell you what its coverage is; I was running a set with Drain Punch that's proven quite effective), I think a suspect may be in order soon.

No, it can easily be countered. For instance, by Scarf Skill Link Kartana. The difficulty is finding a counter that can do more than just counter Pheromosa.
That's not what "counter" means. Counter means switching into something repeatedly and either KOing it, forcing it out, or stalling it out. Kartana doesn't switch into non-resisted hits, or even resisted special hits. Scarf Kartana is a revenge killer. Anything with 85+ Speed and a Scarf can revenge kill Pheromosa. Anything with neutral or SE priority can revenge kill Pheromosas without Queenly Majesty outside of Psychic Terrain. Protean Pheromosa does have actual counters, but offense is pretty much limited to revenge killing or trying to keep up screens/their speed control of choice. And naturally, counterplay to Protean can easily keel over to other good Pheromosa sets.

Dunno that we need to quickban it but it should absolutely be considered for a suspect at some point.

Here's a team that's done very well so far on the ladder because I haven't actually fought anyone good, or seen a Hoopa U. I think it's stall, but what do you call three (four?) defensive pivots, a stallbreaker of sorts, and a Pheromosa?

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 18 Spe
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Toxic
- U-turn

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Pursuit
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Xurkitree @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain
- Encore

Tapu Fini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch

To put it simply, the point of the team is to constantly chip away at the opponent by pivoting away from switchins, eventually giving either Pheromosa or Xurkitree the chance to kill something. Pheromosa leads, killing suicide leads before they can do their job by breaking sashes with Fake Out, and straight up KOing other Pheromosas after Mach Punch, as long as it doesn't have its own priority (and they never do). Xurkitree hits crazy hard, especially after a Tail Glow, and is surprisingly bulky when invested. Prankster Encore can mess up set up sweepers that aren't Dark Type and also messes with stall. Celesteela and Chansey attempt to form a defensive core while Tapu Fini adds a necessary Electric/Ice/Fighting/Dark resist as well as clerical support. While it can pass wishes to Pheromosa or Xurkitree in a pinch, it prefers to use Wish for healing. Normalium-Z is for when you need more than a 50% heal as well as a status removal, while simultaneously blocking Trick and further reducing Knock Off damage.

Last edited:
Here's an honest and true idea: MERCILESS NOT BEING ON TOXAPEX...whom we're focusing on today, anyway.
Trash Squid (Tentacruel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Merciless
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf / Scald
- Toxic
- Venoshock

It's Tentacruel's character. They're the Trash Squid! They go out and throw Toxic all around the ring! Then, they start launching Venoshocks!
Last but not least, Ice Beam and Scald or Surf for coverage and second STAB respectively. I would say Surf if you need power, but Scald is an option if you want to try for burns as backup. As I learned the hard way, your best bet to counter this is to bring in a good Ground-type or Steel-type, like the now-ubiquitous Celesteela.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
That is only a check. Nothing safely switches in on it.
What you could do is slow pivot from your tank to a priority abuser (for example: Lucario -> Pinsir-Mega) and kill it due to its pitiful defenses. You could also run a Focus Sash on one of your sweepers and retaliate.

Pheromosa is definitely a threat, but it's not flawless. In my opinion, we should ban Protean or just Kekleon because of its unpredictability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)