Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Touch / Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
Being able to revenge all the ghost-types and Terrakion is absolutely fantastic, and pairs very well with an Espeed user like Bewear, who isn't able to revenge them. Knock Off + Poison Touch annoys walls, but Dry Skin can give your team a useful water immunity if you don't mind taking chip in sun.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Recover
Sticky Hold is very useful, letting you take non-STAB Knock Off's with impunity. It's best paired with offensive teammates who appreciate a slow U-turn as Doublade can't really damage Bewear or Terrakion despite walling it.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Toxic / Recover
A relatively gimmicky wallbreaker. Merciless + Hex boasts ridiculous power - but only if you actually manage to get it off. Toxapex, Ferrothorn, Corviknight and other walls immune to poison annoy Gengar to no end, though with a Scald burn you can break past them. The lack of immediate power makes me think its a bit of a meme. Recover lets it have a bit more longevity without having to rely on Wish support. However, without Toxic, Heal Bell/Aromatherapy annoys you very much. Overall, looked more promising on paper, but why not?

Last edited:
Had this cool Flare Boost Gengar set on a rain team:

Gengar @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost (Drifblim)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Trick

Maybe outclassed by sheer force Gengars, but still a cool tech on a rain team b/c of accurate thunder and base 150 weather ball. Would love to run Gar's dual stab but Blim's movepool leaves much to be desired, to say the least. Still, it's fun to click base 120 shadow balls and see switch-in's drop

There has been little activity since the end of the OMotM ladder, so I thought I could share two sets I had fun with. Keep in mind I did not play this meta extremely seriously so they're probably far from the best, mostly just funny to play with.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic/filler

It fills the bill of being an extremely durable Rock setter and a reliable wall. Levitate + Recovery + WoW + being the Pex invalidates most physical sweepers. The last slot can either be Toxic so that you're not entirely passive (warning : you'll still be), or any of Reflect, Light Screen, Trick Room, Sunny Day or even Rain Dance to turn the tables in the late game and sweep with something.
The given EVs let you avoid the 2HKO from Chandelure's Eruption, so you can use the sun to outheal it. Also works against Salazzle, but you can't touch it...

As for how to use it, it can switch on almost any phys attacker that does not carry Bolt Beak and can buy free turns to either spread status or set rocks.
Levitate Pex is incredibly hard to wear down and WoW will deter Zeraora from switching in.
Possible alternatives for donor :
- Claydol : SR/Body Press/Teleport/Rapid Spin is probably viable, although I haven't tested. The lack of recovery is a pain (especially with all the Knock-offs Pew is supposed to take) but WishPort Snorlax can patch that up.
- Vikavolt : can run Roost/Sticky Web/Volt Switch/Thunder Wave. Sounds good on paper but it has a massive Zeraora weakness. I guess you can run some very sturdy Ground type alongside it.
- Flygon : Roost, U-Turn and Defog, but no hazards and still extremely passive outside of being able to pivot out.

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Future Sight
- Nasty Plot
- Whirlwind/Heat Wave

Inherits from Noctowl. Not incredibly consistent due to terrible speed, but still quite enjoyable to use. Works great against stall teams, though.

This a tiny-tiny-budget BH Doom Desire + Tail Glow Dialga. Tinted Lens is stupidly powerful, especially on something with 136 base SpA. Moonblast is the spammable STAB move. The only resist is Salazzle, which has little business switching on Hat.
+2 Future Sight annihilates anything that isn't a Dark type, and Moonblast makes sure they all drop dead if they try to switch in. Even full SpD Snorlax dies to +2 Moonblast + Future Sight. The fun part is of course you can boost after having used Future Sight.

Whirlwind is mostly filler. It prevents the opponent from just saccing something useless to FS. Very fun Russian Roulette, especially if you catch and murder something vital to the opposing team. Avoid using it if you see Magic Bounce Snorlax, though, as it will phaze you and remove your boosts.
Heat Wave hits Steels for more damage than anything else, and prevent Jirachi, Ferro, Corv and co from from forcing the Hat out.

It's very funny to abuse, even though if it's far from 100% consistent. In particular, against more offensive teams, Future Sight isn't that useful, but you can still blow things up with your unresisted Moonblast.

Alternate set, from Sigilyph, probably more consistent :

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Future Sight
- Psyshock/Heat Wave
- Trick Room/Heat Wave

Sigilyph does not provide Nasty Plot nor Moonblast, but you get two new toys in Psyshock and Trick Room. Psyshock let you beat SpD walls without boosting, while Trick Room gives you a chance at sweeping with Future Sight creating nice openings. It also means Hat is not useless against offensive teams.
Heat Wave bops Ferro, which has otherwise a chance of living Dazzling Gleam + FS, and can be problematic if they run a Steel STAB other than Gyro Ball. It also deals good damage to other steels.

As for the strange Spe EVs, there're here to outspeed (outside of TR) and 2HKO Snorlax with Psyshock+FS+Psyshock. They probably don't matter as Snorlax usually runs negative Speed investment for slow U-Turn. If you want these extra 12 bulk EVs that badly, you can run min speed + a few Spe IV to outspeed min Spe Snorlax (keep in mind that you'll be slower than Ferro, which can be problematic if they run something like Anchor Shot).

Anyway, Tinted Lens abusers are probably my favourite sets from this OM. There's much more to this ability than just Quiver Dance Togekiss. For example, I've also used Scarf Kyurem with Ice Beam, Heat Wave, Psyshock and Trick, and it's really wonderful.

drampa's grandpa

turtonator's gurtonator
is a Forum Moderator
I'm encountering an error with a Riolu-based set. It says this is illegal, but there's no way it should be:
Zeraora @ Air Balloon
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 40 Atk / 228 SpA / 240 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Copycat
- Work Up
- Aura Sphere
- Crunch

I get the same message with this:
Riolu @ Air Balloon
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 40 Atk / 228 SpA / 240 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Copycat
- Work Up
- Aura Sphere
- Crunch
Try validating it in a standard format. You'll get
SmartSelect_20200422-112554_Chrome.jpg

Prankster and Aura Sphere are incompatible. I believe Aura Sphere Riolu only comes from a Gen IV Pokemon Ranger related event, although my memory could be faulty here.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)