Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Touch / Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
Being able to revenge all the ghost-types and Terrakion is absolutely fantastic, and pairs very well with an Espeed user like Bewear, who isn't able to revenge them. Knock Off + Poison Touch annoys walls, but Dry Skin can give your team a useful water immunity if you don't mind taking chip in sun.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Recover
Sticky Hold is very useful, letting you take non-STAB Knock Off's with impunity. It's best paired with offensive teammates who appreciate a slow U-turn as Doublade can't really damage Bewear or Terrakion despite walling it.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Toxic / Recover
A relatively gimmicky wallbreaker. Merciless + Hex boasts ridiculous power - but only if you actually manage to get it off. Toxapex, Ferrothorn, Corviknight and other walls immune to poison annoy Gengar to no end, though with a Scald burn you can break past them. The lack of immediate power makes me think its a bit of a meme. Recover lets it have a bit more longevity without having to rely on Wish support. However, without Toxic, Heal Bell/Aromatherapy annoys you very much. Overall, looked more promising on paper, but why not?

Last edited:
Had this cool Flare Boost Gengar set on a rain team:

Gengar @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost (Drifblim)
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Trick

Maybe outclassed by sheer force Gengars, but still a cool tech on a rain team b/c of accurate thunder and base 150 weather ball. Would love to run Gar's dual stab but Blim's movepool leaves much to be desired, to say the least. Still, it's fun to click base 120 shadow balls and see switch-in's drop

There has been little activity since the end of the OMotM ladder, so I thought I could share two sets I had fun with. Keep in mind I did not play this meta extremely seriously so they're probably far from the best, mostly just funny to play with.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic/filler

It fills the bill of being an extremely durable Rock setter and a reliable wall. Levitate + Recovery + WoW + being the Pex invalidates most physical sweepers. The last slot can either be Toxic so that you're not entirely passive (warning : you'll still be), or any of Reflect, Light Screen, Trick Room, Sunny Day or even Rain Dance to turn the tables in the late game and sweep with something.
The given EVs let you avoid the 2HKO from Chandelure's Eruption, so you can use the sun to outheal it. Also works against Salazzle, but you can't touch it...

As for how to use it, it can switch on almost any phys attacker that does not carry Bolt Beak and can buy free turns to either spread status or set rocks.
Levitate Pex is incredibly hard to wear down and WoW will deter Zeraora from switching in.
Possible alternatives for donor :
- Claydol : SR/Body Press/Teleport/Rapid Spin is probably viable, although I haven't tested. The lack of recovery is a pain (especially with all the Knock-offs Pew is supposed to take) but WishPort Snorlax can patch that up.
- Vikavolt : can run Roost/Sticky Web/Volt Switch/Thunder Wave. Sounds good on paper but it has a massive Zeraora weakness. I guess you can run some very sturdy Ground type alongside it.
- Flygon : Roost, U-Turn and Defog, but no hazards and still extremely passive outside of being able to pivot out.

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Future Sight
- Nasty Plot
- Whirlwind/Heat Wave

Inherits from Noctowl. Not incredibly consistent due to terrible speed, but still quite enjoyable to use. Works great against stall teams, though.

This a tiny-tiny-budget BH Doom Desire + Tail Glow Dialga. Tinted Lens is stupidly powerful, especially on something with 136 base SpA. Moonblast is the spammable STAB move. The only resist is Salazzle, which has little business switching on Hat.
+2 Future Sight annihilates anything that isn't a Dark type, and Moonblast makes sure they all drop dead if they try to switch in. Even full SpD Snorlax dies to +2 Moonblast + Future Sight. The fun part is of course you can boost after having used Future Sight.

Whirlwind is mostly filler. It prevents the opponent from just saccing something useless to FS. Very fun Russian Roulette, especially if you catch and murder something vital to the opposing team. Avoid using it if you see Magic Bounce Snorlax, though, as it will phaze you and remove your boosts.
Heat Wave hits Steels for more damage than anything else, and prevent Jirachi, Ferro, Corv and co from from forcing the Hat out.

It's very funny to abuse, even though if it's far from 100% consistent. In particular, against more offensive teams, Future Sight isn't that useful, but you can still blow things up with your unresisted Moonblast.

Alternate set, from Sigilyph, probably more consistent :

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Future Sight
- Psyshock/Heat Wave
- Trick Room/Heat Wave

Sigilyph does not provide Nasty Plot nor Moonblast, but you get two new toys in Psyshock and Trick Room. Psyshock let you beat SpD walls without boosting, while Trick Room gives you a chance at sweeping with Future Sight creating nice openings. It also means Hat is not useless against offensive teams.
Heat Wave bops Ferro, which has otherwise a chance of living Dazzling Gleam + FS, and can be problematic if they run a Steel STAB other than Gyro Ball. It also deals good damage to other steels.

As for the strange Spe EVs, there're here to outspeed (outside of TR) and 2HKO Snorlax with Psyshock+FS+Psyshock. They probably don't matter as Snorlax usually runs negative Speed investment for slow U-Turn. If you want these extra 12 bulk EVs that badly, you can run min speed + a few Spe IV to outspeed min Spe Snorlax (keep in mind that you'll be slower than Ferro, which can be problematic if they run something like Anchor Shot).

Anyway, Tinted Lens abusers are probably my favourite sets from this OM. There's much more to this ability than just Quiver Dance Togekiss. For example, I've also used Scarf Kyurem with Ice Beam, Heat Wave, Psyshock and Trick, and it's really wonderful.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm encountering an error with a Riolu-based set. It says this is illegal, but there's no way it should be:
Zeraora @ Air Balloon
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 40 Atk / 228 SpA / 240 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Copycat
- Work Up
- Aura Sphere
- Crunch

I get the same message with this:
Riolu @ Air Balloon
EVs: 40 Atk / 228 SpA / 240 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Copycat
- Work Up
- Aura Sphere
- Crunch
Try validating it in a standard format. You'll get
SmartSelect_20200422-112554_Chrome.jpg

Prankster and Aura Sphere are incompatible. I believe Aura Sphere Riolu only comes from a Gen IV Pokemon Ranger related event, although my memory could be faulty here.

Attachments

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hiya everyone, sorry for letting this die out a bit. I've got a bunch of announcements related to Inheritance to go through, mostly pertaining to some bans that will be happening.

Firstly, drampa's grandpa and Chazm have joined me to form the new Inheritance council! Please offer them your condolences.

Secondly, with OM Snake draft on the horizon and Inheritance possibly in contention for a slot, the council has elected to make several quickbans in order to have the metagame in a relatively balanced state going into the tournament if it is selected. The most important thing I would like to emphasize is the following: these bans are not necessarily permanent and we will review all of them next time Inheritance has a ladder. Our goal was to address as many potentially problematic elements as possible in order to have the metagame be relatively balanced before OM Snake Draft. Without further ado, the following have been added to the Inheritance banlist:

Pokemon
  • :chansey: Chansey
  • :blissey: Blissey
Donors
  • :toxtricity: Toxtricity
  • :torkoal: Torkoal
  • :cinderace: Cinderace
Moves
  • Fishious Rend (Dracovish unbanned as donor)
  • Bolt Beak (Dracozolt unbanned as donor)
Abilities
  • Simple
Reasoning
  • Chansey and Blissey were banned as a result of gaining Wish + Teleport from many potential donors that also offer potent abilities (Clefable, Slowbro, and Xatu being the main offenders). This allows them to pass massive Wishes while not losing momentum and being incredible defensive threats as well. This would likely result in the metagame being extremely overcentralized around the blobs due to the massive utility they provide.
  • Toxtricity was banned as a donor because Punk Rock Boomburst is simply too powerful for the metagame to handle coming from wallbreakers like Porygon-Z, Heliolisk, or even Drampa. For reference: Specs Porygon-Z can 2hko SpD Magearna after rocks with Boomburst. Counterplay being so limited against Toxtricity inheritors means they will likely remain overcentralizing in the meta.
  • Torkoal inheritors were problematic last gen due to similar reasons to Toxtricity - their incredible power was too constraining for balance and stall teams to handle without a Flash Fire user. This generation was no exception, but with even fewer special blanket checks avaliable, the council agreed that Torkoal inheritors were unhealthy for the metagame.
  • Cinderace offers an incredible ability in Libero as well as a fantastic physical movepool that contains everything needed to make almost any physical attacker near impossible to handle. Pyro Ball, Zen Headbutt, and High Jump Kick hit most of the metagame and Cinderace also has great options like U-turn to retain momentum and Sucker Punch for revenge killing.
  • Fishious Rend and Bolt Beak proved very centralizing even without the Draco fossils, especially on Rain and Electric Terrain teams respectively. Since these moves specifically proved problematic, they were banned while Dracovish and Dracozolt were freed as donors.
  • Simple adds an undesirable amount of volatility to the metagame when paired with setup, especially on Swoobat which can donate both Nasty Plot and Stored Power in addition to the ability. Simple was something that came up in this thread as problematic and the council agreed that it should be banned.
That's everything from us, again I'd like to emphasize that these bans are not set in stone. If Inheritance does end up in Snake draft then we intend to monitor the metagame closely and respond as needed. Thanks everyone for your patience with the council's inactivity!

The new DLC has provided us with some pretty ridiculous new toys.

:Mamoswine: -> :Hitmontop:
Giving Mamoswine Triple Axel would be insane enough, but Technician boosted Triple Axel is just stupidly powerful. Having essentially 180 BP from just Technician, STAB, Bulk Up, and coming off a 130 base Atk, and then considering that Mamoswine has STAB Earthquake as well to deal with the non-levitating Fire, Steel, Water, and Ice types, you won't be walling Mamoswine easily.
Also inheriting from Hitmontop gives you access to Rapid Spin, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, and Sucker Punch for some control over your speed.
Mamoswine @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
Since Hitmontop lacks Hone Claws, Wide Lens will have to do in order to have a decently reliable Triple Axel (giving a 1.331x boost effectively, which is miles better than the 1.1x boost you get. Making Triple Axel 97.0299% accurate as opposed to 72.9% without Wide Lens).

:Cobalion: -> :Magnezone: / :Corviknight: / Mostly anything with Iron Defense+Body Press+something unique
Among all legal Fighting types, Cobalion has the most Def and a pretty good speed tier to boot. Kommo-o previously held the record for having the single strongest Body Press in the game (being even stronger than if Stakataka had Body Press), so now Cobalion has an even stronger Body Press, a better defensive typing, and far better speed as well.
A number of Pokemon give Iron Defense+Body Press, so here is a short list of notable donors;
Corviknight (Roost+Pressure+U-turn), Ferrothorn (Leech Seed and Spikes/Rocks), Kommo-o (Abilities), Magnezone (Magnet Pull+Volt Switch), Mew (Heal Bell+several other moves), Slowbro (Teleport+Regenerator+Slack Off), Obstagoon (Guts, while it doesn't boost Body Press (to my knowledge), it nullifies burns, and Parting Shot), Claydol/Bronzong (Levitate), Coalossal (Flash Fire), Mudsdale (Stamina), Appletun (Ripen/Gluttony+Recover/Recycle+Leech Seed), any of the Shell Armor users, and Dubwool (Cotton Guard instead of ID and Fluffy/Bullet Proof).
Surprisingly diverse amount of options.

:Dragapult: -> :Marowak-Alola: / :Dhelmise:
While Dragapult does not inherit the ability to use Thick Club, it sure does appreciate Marowak's and Dhelmise's movepool, namely Poltergeist.
Being the second best Ghost type move in the game, it would be no surprise that one of the best Ghost types getting access to. Not only that, but also Sword Dance as well.
Marowak-A provides Outrage, Lighting Rod (for Thunder Wave), Rock Head Flare Blitz, and Bonemerang, Dhelmise provides Steelworker Anchor Shot, and Rapid Spin (because it wasn't fast enough), and both give Dragapult Sword Dance.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poltergeist
- Swords Dance
- Anchor Shot
- Rapid Spin

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poltergeist
- Outrage
- Bonemerang

:Zeraora: / :Vikavolt: / :Magnezone: / :Toxtricity: -> :Pincurchin:, :Alakazam: -> :Indeedee: / :Indeedee-F:, :Dhelmise: -> :Rillaboom:
This is pretty obvious if you were aware of the new Terrain related moves, giving the Galar Terrain setters new moves that are boosted (or in Grassy Glide's case, given priority).
Rising Voltage is the strongest of these moves after Terrain Boost+Double Power. Having an effective 182 BP under Electric Terrain. Zeraora is fast and hits extremely hard. Magnezone and Vikavolt have the highest SpA among Electric types, and Toxtricity gets STAB on Venoshock, since honestly Pincurchin has a terrible movepool so you'll be using T-Spikes a lot.
Alakazam is the fastest (legal) Psychic type and the Second strongest (legal) Psychic type. Given Alakazam's frail nature, Psychic Terrain is pretty good in general for Alakazam, although giving it Psychic Surge in the meta will remove its access to Nasty Plot. Regardless, having an psuedo immunity to priority and a 156 effective STAB from a 135 SpA is nothing to ignore.
Dhelmise.
You know how Yveltal has the strongest priority move in the entire series with Sucker Punch boosted by Dark Aura, and having 131 Atk?
252+ Atk Choice Band Dhelmise Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro in Grassy Terrain: 332-392 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 338-402 (85.7 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
Yeah. Dhelmise has the second strongest priority move (technically speaking in the game already, but it now gets Grassy Surge from Rillaboom so it doesn't have to rely on a Rillaboom teammate).
And it has Sword Dance, Acrobatics, Wood Hammer, High Horsepower, U-Turn, Knock Off, Fake Out, and Leech Seed to, when Inheriting from Rillaboom.
And also an immunity to Normal and Fighting moves too.
Could you imagine Kartana in this Meta with Rillaboom as a donor? For now, Dhelmise will be a terror as a base form and a donor too.

Is there any reason why Cinderace was banned instead of Libero? Raboot only loses out on Pyro Ball (still retains Flare Blitz), Zen Headbutt, Iron Head and Court Change. It still retains nukes like HJK and Gunk Shot, U-turn, Sucker Punch, and utility moves like Bulk Up and Taunt. I guess it also loses Shadow Ball and Scorching Sands if you wanted to make a special/mixed Libero user, but it doesn't feel as relevant. I am not convinced it is a big enough downgrade.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is there any reason why Cinderace was banned instead of Libero? Raboot only loses out on Pyro Ball (still retains Flare Blitz), Zen Headbutt, Iron Head and Court Change. It still retains nukes like HJK and Gunk Shot, U-turn, Sucker Punch, and utility moves like Bulk Up and Taunt. I guess it also loses Shadow Ball and Scorching Sands if you wanted to make a special/mixed Libero user, but it doesn't feel as relevant. I am not convinced it is a big enough downgrade.
This was actually the council's intention but sort of got lost in translation (and I forgot Raboot exists). Libero is now banned, Cinderace is now unbanned. Thanks for catching this!

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
:magearna:Inheritance Tiering Update #2:urshifu:
With a couple weeks of OM snake draft giving us a clearer idea of the metagame, the Inheritance council discussed a few more changes to the metagame.

Firstly, Urshifu-Single-Strike is now quickbanned from Inheritance. Urshifu's fantastic STAB coverage give it incredible flexibility and versatility as an attacker and has proven to be extremely constraining on the metagame. Urshifu has many potent sets, and the shared counterplay between them is effectively limited to Triage users like Magearna or Primarina. These sets include Scarf Contrary inheriting from Malamar, Swords Dance or Choice Band Regenerator sets inheriting from Mienshao, DD Moxie sets inheriting from Scrafty, Unburden sets inheriting from Hawlucha, and many more. This incredible offensive flexibility combined with the difficulty of revenge killing Urshifu makes it an overpowering threat in the Inheritance metagame.

Secondly, Magearna has also been quickbanned from Inheritance. Weeks 1 and 2 of OM Snake showed just how devastating Magearna can be: the Quiver Dance set inheriting Tinted Lens from Butterfree is capable of outright sweeping teams with just a single boost under its belt. Magearna has other sets as well: Triage is a potent revenge killer and RegenVest sets are capable pivots, but the Tinted Lens Quiver Dance set is what pushes it over the edge.

Feel free to discuss these changes and any impacts they'll have below!
The Immortal Kris

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Well since this is gonna be OM of the month, I'll share some sets I thought of. I think it'll be interesting to see how the formats develops with the new DLC pokemons and moves.

Amoonguss (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb

This set makes use of spore+hex to deal high damage while staying safe with substitute. The gameplan is pretty simple: Spore then sub and hex the opponent down. It will have some trouble against magic bounce users or grass types that are immune to spore (Though sludge bomb hits those) and your opponent can switch out a slept pokemon so you can't use the sleep/hex combo anymore. Spore is a really strong move overall and you'll always be able to get something good out of it.

Pelipper (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- U-turn

This set is pretty self-explanatory: you use drizzle to boost your water types' moves power. This set works both with politoed and pelipper, politoed giving and important STAB focus blast while pelipper gives hurricane, u-turn, roost or defog. They both also give ice beam which is very good coverage which keldeo didn't have before (Its best option was icy wind)

Sudowoodo (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Wood Hammer
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

This is a set that was available before DLC but I didn't see anyone talk about it so I decided to do it myself. By inheriting from sudowoodo, tyranitar gets rock head along with head smash and wood hammer for some really powerful moves without drawbacks. The main thing this set has over other rock head sets is sucker punch. STAB sucker punch from tyranitar is incredibly strong and can hit many offensive pokemons for high amount of damage making it very useful against more offensive teams despite its low speed. Other than that, sudowoodo also gives some other nice moves such as hammer arm, stealth rock or taunt.

Linoone (Snorlax) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Throat Chop
- Stomping Tantrum

Linoone giving belly drum+extreme speed to any pokemons is ridiculous. While it's slow and another normal type could make better use of it, I decided to use snorlax as an example. Extreme speed coming from a higher attack stat than linoone's 70 could also be used with a choice band for a revenge killer set. I don't have much to say other than belly drum+extreme speed sounds very broken.

Lycanroc-Dusk (Tyranitar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

Tough claws sucker punch and accelerock hit hard, especially after a swords dance boost. I put close combat as a coverage move though maybe play rough or drill run would work better. It can destroy offensive pokemons with swords dance boosted priorities easily. Here's an example: +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Tyranitar Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zeraora: 313-370 (98.7 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Indeedee (Alakazam) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball

Indeedee with actual stats. Just click expanding force.

Exploud (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Surf
- Flamethrower

Toxtricity is banned but that doesn't stop us from using boomburst! Scrappy boomburst+focus blast is perfect coverage and if you want to hit steels/rocks super effectively without risking a miss, you click flamethrower or surf. Otherwise, just click boomburst and one-shot everything.

Next are some meme sets that I added just because they're funny.

Perrserker (Magnezone) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Steely Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Steel Beam
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

Perrserker is actually not a bad donor for special attackers thanks to nasty plot and steely spirit steel beam. U-turn and thunderbolt are also cool moves. This set is a funny wallbreaker set that deals incredible damage but it's slow and is outclassed by more versatile wallbreakers.

Scolipede (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Aqua Tail
- Throat Chop

Speed Boost + Swords dance is a VERY powerful combo. Shame scolipede's moves aren't really good.

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Instead of dumping sets I've been trying out, I'll bring up some new Pokemon from the DLC (since this hasn't been as playable since then) and which ones are good donors/inheritors! This is so instead of copying sets, people can try and experiment with their own ideas (not that dropping sets is a bad thing).
:slowbro::tangrowth::amoonguss: We got a ton of new Regen mons with the DLC. Out of these three, I think I'd consider Slowbro the best with its access to great coverage both physically and specially that can fit into a lot of Pokemon's STAB combinations, Nasty Plot, Iron Defense+Body Press, Slack Off, good support options with status/Trick/Trick Room, and the best part for a Regen mon in Teleport. Tangrowth offers some nice options with Knock Off and Sleep Powder as well as also having good coverage and Amoonguss may have a more shallow movepool but makes up for it by being the only viable Pokemon with Spore. I could see the latter two being used by more defensive Pokemon with Slowbro being used for more offensive types.
While Galarian Slowbro can also use Regen, it doesn't have Teleport leaving it outclassed as a donor by its Kanto counterpart. However, it does give some other interesting things. Quick Draw is a mostly RNG based ability but can come in handy in a pinch if it pulls through and its signature move Shell Side Arm is a neat option too so that an opponent can't tell if your set is physical or special until it's already done some damage.
:kingdra: Put this on something like Kyurem or Modest Noivern and all of a sudden you have a huge powerhouse on rain teams. Swift Swim and its new access to Hurricane can make most special attackers very threatening.
:marowak-alola: Choice Scarf/Band Darmanitan Rock Head Flare Blitz. It may not be as strong as its already existing Sheer Force but a base 140 Attack no drawback 120 power STAB move is always going to be a threat. EQ, Knock Off, and Stone Edge are also great options for its coverage too.
:rillaboom: Not new to DLC, but having Grassy Surge can give this a boost to just about any Grass type, one in particular I'll mention in the inheritors section. Great coverage options, U-turn, Knock Off, and decent options for both setup and support.
:comfey: Triage broke. Togekiss, Primarina, or Hatterene inheriting from this could likely just sweep teams if they com unprepared. Unfortunately, its a Fairy-type that misses out on Mystical Fire, but it can still be a big threat, or just U-turn out of Steel-types.

:volcarona: Getting Magic Guard from Clefable allows it to run an item other than Heavy Duty Boots that it's almost entirely limited to in OU. It also retains Fire Blast and solid recovery. However, it loses out on the Quiver Dance speed boost, though it can still use Calm Mind. Clefable's other coverage options also help Volc take on checks like Toxapex with Tbolt, Tyranitar with Moonblast, and Blissey and Chansey being banned also helps out a ton.
Zarude having Leaf Guard as an ability was super disappointing. Luckily here we can fix that. I mentioned Rillaboom earlier, and this was what I meant. Getting Grassy Surge, Knock Off, and Swords Dance helps Zarude become a very threatening sweeper. It trades a small bit of power that Rillaboom has for much more Speed and bulk as well as a Dark typing (which has pros and cons to it). Another option for Zarude is getting Queenly Majesty from Tsareena, with a lot of Pokemon likely running Triage from Comfey, Tsareena inheriting can stop it in its tracks.
:heracross: My mind with this immediately went to Conkeldurr, trading a bit of power for more Speed and Mach Punch. However, that didn't seem to be enough. Because of Close Combat having better distribution this gen, there are many other Pokemon that can donate to Heracross well. Adaptability from Crawdaunt, Unburden from Hawlucha on a terrain team, Intimidate from Krookodile or Incineroar, Regen+U-turn from Mienshao, Tough Claws from Lycanroc-Dusk, and Scrappy+First Impression from Sirfetch'd are all viable options though I think Crawdaunt may be the best for its sheer power, with Sirfetch'd in a close second for that fat First Impression.

I could list a hundred other ideas, these are just some of the ones that stick out from OU/UU as I was going through the tiers. I hope you get some set ideas from this post and I hope to see a lot of really cool innovation over the nest month

Last edited:
It is September, my dudes. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaAAAAaaAAAAAAHHHHH

I'm excited to play this meta again. I'll be looking through possibilities much more in-depth over the next few days; for the time being, I made a quick preliminary list of which mons in OU and UUBL could serve as good donors and/or inheritors.

Donors:
-Alakazam
-Clefable
-Crawdaunt
-Hawlucha
-Hydreigon
-Kommo-o
-Mew
-Scizor
-Togekiss
-Urshifu (single or rapid)
-Venusaur
-Volcarona
-Zeraora

-Aegislash
-Conkeldurr
-Dracozolt
-Durant
-Gengar
-Gyarados
-Jirachi
-Weavile

Inheritors:
-Alakazam
-Clefable
-Dragapult
-Toxapex
-Zeraora

-Aegislash
-Gyarados
-Primarina
-Weavile

Probably a stupid question, but can Uber mons be used as donors? Between common sense and the sake of keeping the meta balanced, I assume not, but I wasn't completely clear on the phrasing in the OP.

ladder's not open so i haven't tested these babies, but i'm wondering if these jank sets might be of any use. these are all probably memes but haha priority go brr:

:xy/togekiss:
Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Substitute

first thing that came to mind, triage seems pretty busted if you can get it on anything with a decent offensive presence. unfortunately comfey's movepool is bland af.

:xy/drampa:
Drampa @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- U-turn
- Switcheroo
- Shadow Ball

Inheriting from Whimsicott, nature power is +1 priority tri-attack coming from 135 SpA w/ Specs. slow uturn is nice, as is fat dragon typing. other moves are filler.

:xy/snorlax:
Snorlax @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Static
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break
- Knock Off

normal type + fake out + espeed for big revenge kills, ez clap
(ed.: inheriting from pikachu)

Probably a stupid question, but can Uber mons be used as donors? Between common sense and the sake of keeping the meta balanced, I assume not, but I wasn't completely clear on the phrasing in the OP.
Your assumption was right, Uber mons cant be used as donors.

:xy/togekiss:
Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Substitute

first thing that came to mind, triage seems pretty busted if you can get it on anything with a decent offensive presence. unfortunately comfey's movepool is bland af.
Comfey is actually a very strong donor this gen, as it gained Stored Power. Stored Power + Triage Draining Kiss is very good coverage since it covers both fatmons (SP) and offensive mons (DK). It also lets you actually break unawares that dont pack haze once you accumulate enough boosts and if you want to stallbreak even harder you can run Taunt. Alternatively, if you wanna use defensive Snorlax sets as setup fodder you can run Leech Seed.

Last edited:

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Two sets i have been using

Slowbro (Steelix) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Slack Off
- Teleport
- Iron Defense

I like Body Press. It's a funny move. Steelix is a pokemon with one of the highest defense stat in the game amd it has a usable defensive typing. While the weaknesses to many common types and bad SpDef sucks it still works pretty well and can wall many things as far as it doesnt have a coverage move to hit it supereffectively and is obcenely strong. Iron defence allows it to always win boost wars and min speed is to guarantee that tport goes last

Basculin (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Flip Turn /Psychic Fangs/Aqua Jet
- Liquidation/Psychic Fangs/Aqua Jet

Sudowoodo (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake/Sucker Punch
- Wood Hammer/Sucker Punch

I like Head Smash. It's a funny move. Terrakion is a good inheritor for it. It can pick between Basculin and Sudowoodo. Basculin offers superpower, psy fangs and a lot of water coverage including flip turn and aqua jet, whereas Sudowoodo give Eq, Wood hammer, the elemental punches and stronger priority with Sucker punch at the price of having to make do with hammer arm. My racional brain knows for a fact that this is outclassed (Tough claws boosted CC outpowers it and i cant think of a situation where having a stronger rock stab is better that having a strong fighting stab aside from breaking pex on the switch) but my monkey brain releases dopamine each time head smash hits.
EDIT: Found a use: Ghosts are super common. Band Terrak inheriting from lycandog cries when it gets locked into CC vs a ghost type. Head Smash makes ghosts cry instead.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)