Inkay

Is Inkay the cutest, swaggest, most awesomenest new Pokemon?

• Yes.

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 42 42.0%

• Total voters

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR PWNAGE

Psychic/Dark
53 HP/54 Attack/53 Defense/37 Special Attack/46 Special Defense/45 Speed
Contrary/Suction Cups/Infiltrator (HA)

With Gen VI, numerous powerful Pokemon were unbanned or introduced? But who is the strongest?
Honedge?
Gligar?
Sneasel?
Tyrunt?
Yanma?

ALL. PUSSIES.

INKAY is by far the manliest Pokemon introduced in X/Y. There has never been a Pokemon like this in Little Cup since its creation in GSC. Why? I can give you five reasons:

1. Contrary Superpower
2. Contrary Superpower
3. Contrary Superpower
4. FUCKING ADORABLE
5. Contrary Superpower

Needless to say, Inkay is a one-trick pony. But this pony will kick your ass BACKWARDS. Or, should I say, UPSIDE-DOWN?

Here is a sample set:

Inkay @ Berry Juice
Contrary
252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def
-Trick Room
-Superpower
-Night Slash
-Rock Slide/Psycho Cut

With Trick Room and Contrary Superpower, Inkay stands decent chance of snowballing into a monster. Rock Slide is useful for hitting Yanma on the switch, who otherwise will OHKO your shit with Bug Buzz faster than a hooker aborts a baby. AVOID SPECIAL ATTACKERS. Inkay can not take special attacks to save its life.

So yeah, discuss the cutest mon ^.^

Post made me laugh, but I usually find that it's way to easy to revenge kill. Yes trick room could be made useful if you get a turn to setup, but it may just get revenge killed by priority, such as Meditite's bullet punch, or by your opponent simply stalling out TR and revenging with something like scarf Chinchou. Also Gligar can take it's attacks and KO it pretty quickly, same for sturdy+berry juice dweeble.

I enjoyed your write up though, and I could see Inkay doing quite well against unprepared teams.

Just noting, inkay really puts the pressure on teams that rely on sticky web, and can hard to take down without priority afterwards.

The first time I saw this mon it sort of surprised me but it's just not strong enough to take advantage of its contrary superpower even after +1 or 2 and surprising me when i sent Munchlax in.

Has been for a while now. And suicide leads aren't as good as you'd think, at least not for sticky web.
How so? They get it up and then die allowing you to send in another Pokemon for free, or, potentially, u-turning out, giving you death fodder for later.

Tells me it's illegal on Sewaddle, Joltik, and Surskit. I'm just going to assume that this is like many other issues with PS! and move legality.

How so? They get it up and then die allowing you to send in another Pokemon for free, or, potentially, u-turning out, giving you death fodder for later.

Tells me it's illegal on Sewaddle, Joltik, and Surskit. I'm just going to assume that this is like many other issues with PS! and move legality.
Problem being, the uprise of defog will be the doom of you.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Joltik doesn't learn it in the first place (Galvantula gets it by level up), and Sewaddle/Surskit learn it at high levels. Sewaddle/Surskit will get fixed as soon as possible.

Joltik doesn't learn it in the first place (Galvantula gets it by level up), and Sewaddle/Surskit learn it at high levels. Sewaddle/Surskit will get fixed as soon as possible.
My bad. Thanks for the correction. I must have read that one of them did somewhere or simply been mistaken.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Inkay is going to be a cool mon, being only weak to Bug and Fairy, and being able to use Contrary to take advantage of numerous stat altering moves, including Sticky Web. I don't think it's going to have a super huge impact in Little Cup but I do see it being a wild card that ends up pulling wins out of its ass. It's got a few things going for it that can literally and figuratively turn the tables on its competition and I'm sure it's going to be fun to use and sometimes annoying to play against. ♥

Last edited:
Poor little puff ball :'(
He died so young.
no the inkay died. :)
Inkay is going to be a cool mon, being only weak to Bug and being able to use Contrary to take advantage of numerous stat altering moves, including Sticky Web. I don't think it's going to have a super huge impact in Little Cup but I do see it being a wild card that ends up pulling wins out of its ass. It's got a few things going for it that can literally and figuratively turn the tables on its competition and I'm sure it's going to be fun to use and sometimes annoying to play against. ♥
it's weak to fairy.

In my experience, this guy is a pretty decent lategame sweeper (once you've eliminated all the bug moves and Swirlix). LOVES having Sticky Web on the field.

Aaight (Inkay) (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 HP / 12 Def
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Foul Play
- Psycho Cut
- Superpower

Max speed gets it to the common 15 speed tier, important since it speed ties (blaraedit: it rounds down, 23 goes to 15, so speed tie) -1 Sneasel. Foul Play + Superpower might seem like an odd combo, but FP has more base power than any other dark-type move in Inkay's movepool and works great for attacking without Superpower.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Inkay actually learns Superpower at Level 48. However, level up moves can be bred onto children by having both parents know the move! So either two malamars that know Superpower or female Malamar with Superpower + somethin in its egg group with Super power would provide a level 1 Inkay with Superpower!

It's been my experience that Inkay can definitely swing momentum in your team's favor. I've been ending up using mine midgame, tanking one hit from whatever (I've been using eviolite) as I trick room, then spamming superpower and often taking taking down multiple pokes on the other team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)