Ink's Blots

Hello! I am Inkblot! I am an art major, currently trying to get a degree in character design! I have done some art for my Wi-Fi Shop, so I figured I'd start sharing it here as well!

(Also don't mind the bare-bones format just yet. This is very much a WIP thread)

I will be mainly posting pokemon art here, as this is Smogon after all! I don't draw pokemon stuff TOO often, but when I do I'll be sure to Link it here!

I also take commissions! Please let me know if you are interested!

I also have a trade thread!

~ My Deviantart ~ My Twitter~

If you would like to use my art on Smogon, or for Smogon related things, feel free to ask! I am willing to work out usage rights!

~Pokemon Art~

^^(Arist Note: This was drawn durring Sun and Moon, before Chansey SOS was a thing)^^

~Fakemon/Monster Concept~

Mythicals (Small)2.png

^^Diamona, Feykura & Lunihon^^
Mythicals (Shiny)(Small)2.png

^^Diamona, Feykura & Lunihon(Shiny)^^

~Character/Personal/Commissioned Art~

Won't Be posting this as much here, As I don't feel smogon is the the best place for this stuff. But here are a few examples of other stuff I can do!

~COMMISSION INFO~

1 Pokemon: $40
2 Pokemon: $60
3 Pokemon: $80 - $90 (Depends on complexity of their designs)
4 Pokemon: $100-$115 (Depends on complexity of their designs)
5 Pokemon: $120 - $140 (Depends on complexity)

+$10 Per extra Pokemon (IE 6 and up)

Backgrounds:
$5-$15 (Depends on complexity)

I take Payment via Paypal

I take payment up-front.

Its just to make sure I don't get scammed. Refunds will be offered in the event a commission can't be completed.

Occasionally, I will fall into art blocks.
During this time, It becomes very difficult to get art done. If a commission is in the works during this time, it could take months to complete. Just know that If I take a commission, I do intend to get it done. Even if it takes months, I do try to get work done eventually. If this happens, please be patient. If I can't complete it, I'll Let you know.

If you want a commission, PM me or respond to this post

I take all kinds of commission, but on smogon, I'd like to focus on pokemon-themed works. If you want something not related to pokemon, you can still ask. Just send it to me Via PM, or on my other art sites.

~Previous Commissions~

fespy
Frespy Pokemon Team (Hall Of Fame).png

Frespy Pokemon Team (Trainer).png
Frespy Pokemon Team (Latios).png
Frespy Pokemon Team (Excadrill).png
Frespy Pokemon Team (Zapdos).png
Frespy Pokemon Team (Tapu Fini).png
Frespy Pokemon Team (Tyranitar).png
Frespy Pokemon Team (Incineroar).png

Last edited:
nice could you do the shiny and non-shiny versions of non-mega Gardevoir as well for me to put in my trade thread? I will do a custom breed in exchange for each one. Obviously post the full sized versions here and maybe give me 700x700 sized ones.

nice could you do the shiny and non-shiny versions of non-mega Gardevoir as well for me to put in my trade thread? I will do a custom breed in exchange for each one. Obviously post the full sized versions here and maybe give me 700x700 sized ones.
I am actually working on a pic of that for my own trade thread, so I could let you use the one I do once I finish it! And Yeah, Since I am already making it for myself, I could take a pokemon or two for Usage rights.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ah, here we go!

I'm glad to see that you're branching out a bit from the Wi-Fi section and that you finally got around to inaugurating your art thread.
I'm by no means an art connoisseur, but I definitely know what I like and I like the confident and aesthetically pleasing nature of your works.
I'd be glad to pay for a couple of custom artworks for my trade thread here on Smogon in a foreseeable future.

I can't wait to see what else is dormant in your repertoire. Maybe you could get a healthy mélange between various different works going, in the sense of where you playfully switch around between Pokémon-related art and other works that are unrelated to Pokémon maybe?

Finally, I also wanted to welcome the opportunity to wish a lot of fun, should you ever decide to branch out even further by providing your artistic talent for the Flying Press articles and the Facebook giveaways! Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Ah, here we go!

I'm glad to see that you're branching out a bit from the Wi-Fi section and that you finally got around to inaugurating your art thread.
I'm by no means an art connoisseur, but I definitely know what I like and I like the confident and aesthetically pleasing nature of your works.
I'd be glad to pay for a couple of custom artworks for my trade thread here on Smogon in a foreseeable future.

I can't wait to see what else is dormant in your repertoire. Maybe you could get a healthy mélange between various different works going, in the sense of where you playfully switch around between Pokémon-related art and other works that are unrelated to Pokémon maybe?

Finally, I also wanted to welcome the opportunity to wish a lot of fun, should you ever decide to branch out even further by providing your artistic talent for the Flying Press articles and the Facebook giveaways! Keep up the great work!
Thank you for the kind words! Yeah, as we discussed I'd be more than happy to do some art for your thread! It would be nice to see a thread other than my own be decorated with my art. Just let me know either here or on discord when you would like to work something out!

And I think I might add some character artwork just to show that I can do more than just pokemon, as I have a feeling some people might want me to draw a custom trainer to go along with pokemon art XD.

And I might consider helping out with the flying press! I get kinda busy and swamped with work at times, so I am not sure I'd be able to become a full-time artist for them. But I would be awesome to contribute some art to the giveaways or articles every now and then!

Last edited:
Ah I see you have finished them. Also, nice touch turning the inside of the white strands from white to the same color as the hair. So anything you would like for usage rights?

Ah I see you have finished them. Also, nice touch turning the inside of the white strands from white to the same color as the hair. So anything you would like for usage rights?
Yeah, I'll look at my parents and gather a few to send you for breeding. I am thinking at least 3 pokemon for usage rights, as I put a lot of time and effort into that drawing. I'll get back to you with what i in a few hours.

Okay cause I need at least that much time to get home to my 3ds. Also could you let me know what you want me to breed for that pichu?

Okay cause I need at least that much time to get home to my 3ds. Also could you let me know what you want me to breed for that pichu?
Actually, Before I give you usage rights, I'd Like to see you develop your trade thread a bit more beforehand. I'd be happy to let you use it, But I don't feel comfortable giving usage rights for your thread if it hasn't been properly developed all the way yet. So Maybe expand on it a bit and then we can do the trade.

As for the pichu, I'll think of something in a sec.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is some pretty top notch stuff! What program do you use to draw them with? The cel shaded style you use for lighting and such gives me the impression that it's all computer made, or do you use a tablet as well?

But I would be awesome to contribute some art to the giveaways or articals every now and then!

We have a system in place called Approved Artists just so that we know who are skillful enough to contribute to some of our more demanding areas, but the actual contributing part is as often/rare as you like. Say the word and I'll add you to the list, and give you access to the Flying Press workshop too if you so wish.

Bummer I use clip studio paint! Its a really cool program that is built for drawing. It works really well for what I want to do and is a lot easier to learn than Photoshop.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind being an approved artist! I don't know how often i'd be able to contribute, but i'd definitely be up for making some art for smogon every now and then! Do sign me up, it would be an honor!

minor update. Added commission info for those who would like to commission me. While I do all kinds of different commissions, I mainly want to take pokemon themed ones on this site. If anyone is interested, respond here or send me a PM!

UPDATE

I have a ton of ideas for fakemon, and decided to draw out one of them. Marilfyn, the final form of a water starter. Shes based off of Marilyn Monroe. It would be a water/poison type (cause of its toxic personality XD) and would be a special sweeper. Would learn moves like disarming voice, nasty plot, lovely kiss, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)