General Introduce yourself!

Hello, I've been playing Pokemon ever since Red and Blue came out but didn't really get into competitive battling until around the remakes of Gold and Silver, and I didn't start battling until Gen 6. I want to get better at NU and UU but I have trouble with team building and the fact I get nervous during battles which often causes me to make mistakes, having a bad case of brain farts also doesn't help.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I've been playing Pokemon ever since Red and Blue came out but didn't really get into competitive battling until around the remakes of Gold and Silver, and I didn't start battling until Gen 6. I want to get better at NU and UU but I have trouble with team building and the fact I get nervous during battles which often causes me to make mistakes, having a bad case of brain farts also doesn't help.
Ah yes, I can relate to you! It's ok, after you get used to it at first, it's nothing but fun. Welcome to Smogon!

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi I'm ManOfMany23 on Pokemon Showdown, and I've been playing the pokemon games since Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald. I'm not very competitive but the sheer variability of competitive battling draws me in (I like using unique and "gimmick" sets/mons)

Minus

Hi I'm ManOfMany23 on Pokemon Showdown, and I've been playing the pokemon games since Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald. I'm not very competitive but the sheer variability of competitive battling draws me in (I like using unique and "gimmick" sets/mons)
Hey there :) Same here, competitive battling is awesome! Welcome to Smogon.

Minus

Oh hoh I only wish good sir or madam. Try doubling that and adding a bit. Thanks for the welcome though!
Oh haha, I'm sure there's someone here you're age >.> I think Admin Haunter is in his thirties but I'm not sure 9.9

You don't need to install Pokemon showdown, you can play it right from your browser! There are Sample Teams threads in all of the tier subforums, so you check that out. What tier are you learning? I can link you to where you need to go!
Hey thanks for letting me know! I found out after a bit of playing on showdown. I've tried to make some teams, but I'd still like to see some already built teams. I'm trying to learn OU tier because most pokemon can play there and I don't really like to use legendaries (I know that sounds weird). So yeah if you could show me where to go that'd be awesome!

Minus

Hey thanks for letting me know! I found out after a bit of playing on showdown. I've tried to make some teams, but I'd still like to see some already built teams. I'm trying to learn OU tier because most pokemon can play there and I don't really like to use legendaries (I know that sounds weird). So yeah if you could show me where to go that'd be awesome!
This thread contains sample teams for the ORAS OU metagame. Good luck!

Hi! I'm Charlie. I'm new to competitive battling but I have been unknowingly creating competitive Pokemon for about a year now (just to compete with friends and to trade for higher profile Pokemon. I'm also somewhat known on tumblr for training and breeding IV/EV pokemon and shinies in exchange for Pokemon I need for my Pokedex). I just got OR two weeks ago, and I'm playing through now (although my dog Jack chewed up my 3ds charger, so I've been on pause for a while). My new pokemon blog is bulbasaures.tumblr.com.

Hi! I'm Charlie. I'm new to competitive battling but I have been unknowingly creating competitive Pokemon for about a year now (just to compete with friends and to trade for higher profile Pokemon. I'm also somewhat known on tumblr for training and breeding IV/EV pokemon and shinies in exchange for Pokemon I need for my Pokedex). I just got OR two weeks ago, and I'm playing through now (although my dog Jack chewed up my 3ds charger, so I've been on pause for a while). My new pokemon blog is bulbasaures.tumblr.com.
Hi Charlie. Sounds like you've already got something of a head start. If you want to continue with breeding, the Wi-Fi forum might be a good place to check out. Otherwise, just PM someone if you need any help :)

Greetings Smogon, I am Walrus of Woe. I have been lurking on Smogon and the various simulators since gen 4, but I only decided to register now.

I'm a bit weird, and I was absolutely devastated to learn that I wouldn't be able to use stallrein in X/Y. RIP hail stall.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Definitely Frank (IRL Jacob), Played Pokemon for years but only just started to consider a more serious style of play. I'll add FC soon to sig :)

I posted here looking for a Shadow Tag Gothorita if anyone is interested (http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...uests-etc-go-here-no-hacking.3522448/page-146)
So you're sure you're definitely Frank, right? 100% sure you're no one else? Just Frank? Ok.
Anyways, if you have any questions (though it seems you know your way around the site), PM a mentor here. Otherwise, have a great time!
Greetings Smogon, I am Walrus of Woe. I have been lurking on Smogon and the various simulators since gen 4, but I only decided to register now.

I'm a bit weird, and I was absolutely devastated to learn that I wouldn't be able to use stallrein in X/Y. RIP hail stall.
Hi there Walrus of Woe!
Do you by any chance play World of Warcraft, or is your favorite move Will-o-Wisp? Welcome to Smogon! If you have any questions about the site, or would like someone to help you improve your competitive skills, PM a mentor with the link above. Have fun and I hope to see you in Showdown!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey everyone! I'm Dquon, I'm 17. I'll be 18 in 9 days ^_^. I started playing pokemon competitively in Gen 5 BW. I'm good at battling, predictions, etc. but I struggle when making a team :/. I'll be making a YouTube channel here in a little once I get my laptop and such but I hope you all can help me with my teambuilding problems and we could be really good friends ;P.
Hi ThEeNd1218!
Happy birthday in advance! n_n If you would like getting team-building help, PM a mentor here. In addition, visit the Rate My Team forum to get other users to give you advice with ways you can improve your team! Have you visited the "Smogon Hangout" room in Showdown? :o It's the room for newcomers and veterans alike! You can also go there if you would like help getting integrated into the community. Have a good time, and good luck with your battling!

Hello I'm LiberationPanda. I'm 20 and have been playing Pokemon since Gen 2 and have been competitive battling since gen 4. I came here to convince people that whimsicott is a really good physical wall and to discuss a variety of things. Treat me well

k e k .

Hello everyone! I'm Nega-DKR and while I'm not exactly new to Smogon or competitive battling this is the first time in several years since I've had a profile on Smogon all the way back Gen 4. I'm 17 and recently got Pokemon X and have been out and about Showdown for the past few months, and I'm to happy to say I'm finally ready to get back into real competitive Pokemon now. I do hope I don't tread too harshly on anyone's toes.

Greetings and Salutations Smogon community! I'm Miyo and I've been playing Pokémon since I was 12 (16 years ago... Ouch!). I was going to try and play competitively via Wi-Fi last year with X and Y, but lost heart for it when AR open the floodgates to massive amounts of cheating that made all my hard work pointless. For ORAS, I decided to give cheaters the finger and start again, doing it my way. I'm hoping to get back into Breeding for competitive Wi-Fi and will be hopefully delving into SD if I get any spare time at home.

If there's anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to mingling with you all.

Hi! I am new! I just recently got into breeding good Pokemon after the release of ORAS. I am currently studying for a BS in Mathematics. Nice to meet you all!

Minus

Hello I'm LiberationPanda. I'm 20 and have been playing Pokemon since Gen 2 and have been competitive battling since gen 4. I came here to convince people that whimsicott is a really good physical wall and to discuss a variety of things. Treat me well

k e k .
9.9 Welcome to Smogon!
Hello everyone! I'm Nega-DKR and while I'm not exactly new to Smogon or competitive battling this is the first time in several years since I've had a profile on Smogon all the way back Gen 4. I'm 17 and recently got Pokemon X and have been out and about Showdown for the past few months, and I'm to happy to say I'm finally ready to get back into real competitive Pokemon now. I do hope I don't tread too harshly on anyone's toes.
Don't fret, that won't be a problem as long as you follow the rules! Welcome to Smogon!
Greetings and Salutations Smogon community! I'm Miyo and I've been playing Pokémon since I was 12 (16 years ago... Ouch!). I was going to try and play competitively via Wi-Fi last year with X and Y, but lost heart for it when AR open the floodgates to massive amounts of cheating that made all my hard work pointless. For ORAS, I decided to give cheaters the finger and start again, doing it my way. I'm hoping to get back into Breeding for competitive Wi-Fi and will be hopefully delving into SD if I get any spare time at home.

If there's anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to mingling with you all.
Very cool! You can always check out the Smogon Wifi-forum too while you're at it!
Hi! I am new! I just recently got into breeding good Pokemon after the release of ORAS. I am currently studying for a BS in Mathematics. Nice to meet you all!
Can you help me with my pre-cal test tomorrow? Nice to hear, welcome to Smogon!

Hello, I've been playing since RBY and didn't start competitively battling until Gen V. I'm going to try to get started on a team for Gen VI once I finish ORAS's main game; but for now I'm just enjoying Alpha Saphire as Gen III was the only generation I missed when it was initially released.

Minus

Hello, I've been playing since RBY and didn't start competitively battling until Gen V. I'm going to try to get started on a team for Gen VI once I finish ORAS's main game; but for now I'm just enjoying Alpha Saphire as Gen III was the only generation I missed when it was initially released.
Very nice! I wish I had ORAS right now :/ Welcome to Smogon and enjoy!

Hi, you probably don't know me, but you have seen me around, and almost recognize me, but not in a crowded room. like most people, i started my competitive battling in OU. this was back in gen 5, eventually i found my way to UU, which i loved, and than i found LC. When gen 6 came out, I left, and just got back a few days ago. Time to reclaim some lost meta-games! Its nice to be back.

Minus

Hi, you probably don't know me, but you have seen me around, and almost recognize me, but not in a crowded room. like most people, i started my competitive battling in OU. this was back in gen 5, eventually i found my way to UU, which i loved, and than i found LC. When gen 6 came out, I left, and just got back a few days ago. Time to reclaim some lost meta-games! Its nice to be back.
Trust me, I know the feeling of coming back :] Welcome to Smogon!

Hi. ~
I'm not really new to competitive battling, and at the same time I'm new to the whole new gen. I started playing near the end of the 4th gen on Shoddy Battle on Smogon, switched to PO and stuck there for a long time. Went on a hiatus and now I'm trying to get back ;-; Never was that much active on Smogon but I thought of making a fresh start here since this is probably the longest standing community so far.
So, yeah. Nice to meet ya' all. Hope to have fun here. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)