General Introduce yourself!

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
Well, you've come to the right place! Welcome to Smogon!

Hey there! We all have to start somewhere! Welcome to Smogon :)

lol cool! I like those games too, but hate math. Nice to meet you!

That's nice to hear. Good luck with getting better!

You don't need to install Pokemon showdown, you can play it right from your browser! There are Sample Teams threads in all of the tier subforums, so you check that out. What tier are you learning? I can link you to where you need to go!

Ah, this might help you understand where everything is on the forums. Good luck and Welcome to Smogon!

Hey there! Peru seems like a cool place (My Spanish teacher used to live there and told my class all about it). Welcome to Smogon!
Just saying that Astyanax is a boy from Liverpool and he is 21 years old, he have done that only for troll Sken and me xD

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, my name is One hitta quitta. I've been playing competitive pokemon on and off since mid to late B2W2. My schedule has been kinda cramped for a while, but to show my new found dedication, I went ahead and joined the site! Though I'll doubt that I have time for a mentor, I'm sure joining and participating in the site will help my skills somehow. It seems like all my tumblr images won't work on my avatar, wutever! Well, that's about it, peace out!
That's fine, and usually large images don't work. Welcome to Smogon!
Hi guys,

My name is Dylan. I just joined. I've always wanted somewhere I can come to talked about Pokemon with people who enjoy it as much as me. I like discussing my teams with others and hearing about some of their teams as well! I started playing on Fire Red when I was around twelve and have played ever since. I have a lot of cards, a lot of games, and a lot of teams to discuss! You can PM me or whatever and I'll be happy to talk! I'm looking forward to the discussions that will happen and the friends I'll hopefully make!
Wow that's really cool haha. If you have a nice team, you can post in RMT (read the rules though)! Welcome to Smogon!
Hello, I'm Charniodiscus. I joined having visited the site as a guest for a stupidly long time.

I started playing with Diamond, but only really got hooked after joining PS! as part of a monotype tournament with my friends.

I'm also pretty obsessed with palaeontology (especially that of my UK home turf), giving my name. Charniodiscus concentricus is a vendobiont from the Ediacaran of Leicestershire.
Haha, that's really cool! Welcome to Smogon!
Hey Guys,

I'm Beamsnuzlocke and I am an insane Pokemon fan. I have been playing on Showdown for about a year now but am still not the greatest. I have played every generation but only got into the competitive side of things with X and Y. I hope I have a great time here and can contribute to the community.
I'm not very good either haha. Hope you can have a good time and welcome to Smogon!
I like bananas.

That's all i have to say.

Also im a new player in the community but i think this is less important .

:0)
Bananas???? ugh, why couldn't you like Mangos? Sorry, we can't be friends. (jkjk, Welcome to Smogon)
Hello im Sexy McGoob, or just McGoob or just Sexy whichever you prefer lol. I have been on PS for i think 2-3 years now but im only learning about these threads now thanks to Skylight on the Lobby chatroom. I also heard about the mentorship program on here and would like to take that on as well as suggested by Skylight. I've known that contributing to chat can help you get promoted and have been doing so but i hope this can help me as well. BTW my favorite pokemon is Rayquaza and it is pronounced ray-KWAY-za for anyone who's still pronouncing it ray-QWA-za
YESSSS OMG everyone is always telling me "ray-QWA-za" and I just tell them to fuck off. Also, PS! is a really cool place! Welcome to Smogon.
Just saying that Astyanax is a boy from Liverpool and he is 21 years old, he have done that only for troll Sken and me xD
Yeah um, don't do that.

Hello everyone ! I have been reading this forum for quite a while so I decided to join you all and hopefully learn more about Pokemon battles :)

Why Hello Smogonians!
My name is Gu4rdian, I'm 23 and have been playing pokemon since release in America but didn't play competively until about 4th-5th gen or so. Still pretty new to the forums, I've always just used the site for team ideas and stuff but have just recently signed up mainly to get/give ideas for the new ORAS games (WHOOOOOOOOOO!) the originals RSE were probably my favorites. it was the Swampert that got me, but have loved every game through and through....I think that kind of covers it :)

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Why Hello Smogonians!
My name is Gu4rdian, I'm 23 and have been playing pokemon since release in America but didn't play competively until about 4th-5th gen or so. Still pretty new to the forums, I've always just used the site for team ideas and stuff but have just recently signed up mainly to get/give ideas for the new ORAS games (WHOOOOOOOOOO!) the originals RSE were probably my favorites. it was the Swampert that got me, but have loved every game through and through....I think that kind of covers it :)
Hi Gu4rdian!
Welcome to Smogon! I agree, RSE were the best, but I picked Torchic. <3 Anyways, if you would like help improving your battling skills or just have questions/need help getting around go here for a mentor. Try out the ORAS room in Showdown to discuss the game and give/get advice to/from other players! Otherwise, have a great time on Smogon!

Yo! The name's Shiny or Lyni, I tend to go by either one~ I'm a long-time spriter and an amateur battler, though I spend most of my time these days either singing Vocaloid songs, scrolling through tumblr, or studying (currently a Computer Science/Linguistics double major). I'm trash of the worst kind ^^;

So yeah! I'm not a very interesting person, just kind of exist haha~

Well they there, glad to have joined the place. I'm just an old fart (no, really) who has been playing Pokemon with his kids for a long, long time. They like playing for the story, I like battling. Wi-fi was fun for a while but then a good buddy told me about Pokemon Showdown so I may give that a whirl sometime soon.

Favorite team to make/use are mono-Ice (though I hear weather teams are so-so now at best) and steel is my favorite pokemon typing. Although some of these fairy types are starting to rub off on me as well.

Hope to see some of you around the area.

Hello

I've been using Smogon for about 3 years now. Today, I've decided I wanted to start contributing.

Thanks for all the great builds over the years.

Evening gentlemen, I have been a lurker since BW, and I've really liked seeing a lot of discussion specifically in OU, Ubers, Hackmons, and the new Anything Goes. I've loved seeing these discussions develop, and I would love to see them develop further. I'm not going to be a frequent poster most likely, but now I at least can make a comment on something if I cannot keep my fat mouth shut.

Here's hoping for the best for smogon's future! Can't wait to see fellow posters evolve the Pokémon metagame further.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo! The name's Shiny or Lyni, I tend to go by either one~ I'm a long-time spriter and an amateur battler, though I spend most of my time these days either singing Vocaloid songs, scrolling through tumblr, or studying (currently a Computer Science/Linguistics double major). I'm trash of the worst kind ^^;

So yeah! I'm not a very interesting person, just kind of exist haha~
You can sprite? That's cool! You should check out the Sprite Project. Computer science is cool too n_n. Welcome to Smogon.

Well they there, glad to have joined the place. I'm just an old fart (no, really) who has been playing Pokemon with his kids for a long, long time. They like playing for the story, I like battling. Wi-fi was fun for a while but then a good buddy told me about Pokemon Showdown so I may give that a whirl sometime soon.

Favorite team to make/use are mono-Ice (though I hear weather teams are so-so now at best) and steel is my favorite pokemon typing. Although some of these fairy types are starting to rub off on me as well.

Hope to see some of you around the area.
Don't worry haha, many people here are in their twenties! Welcome to Smogon!

Hello

I've been using Smogon for about 3 years now. Today, I've decided I wanted to start contributing.

Thanks for all the great builds over the years.
If you need help with contributing analyses, you can ask a mentor :]

Evening gentlemen, I have been a lurker since BW, and I've really liked seeing a lot of discussion specifically in OU, Ubers, Hackmons, and the new Anything Goes. I've loved seeing these discussions develop, and I would love to see them develop further. I'm not going to be a frequent poster most likely, but now I at least can make a comment on something if I cannot keep my fat mouth shut.

Here's hoping for the best for smogon's future! Can't wait to see fellow posters evolve the Pokémon metagame further.
That's really cool, welcome to Smogon!

Hey anyone,
I am the GreenMorpheus, i'm 24 and i've been playing Pokemon since gen 1, on and off, i stopped around gen 3 and picked it back up around the gen 2 remakes. I've been using smogon for a few years but only recently made and account and gotten, not even a word lol, into competitive battling and breeding. Getting my copy of ORAS toady!!!!!! i'm 3 excited please feel free to contact me i've only jsut found out the benefits of the friend safari and thGTS. Im always on the battle spot. LOng live the underdog grass starters. WE GOT A DRAGON BABY!!!

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey anyone,
I am the GreenMorpheus, i'm 24 and i've been playing Pokemon since gen 1, on and off, i stopped around gen 3 and picked it back up around the gen 2 remakes. I've been using smogon for a few years but only recently made and account and gotten, not even a word lol, into competitive battling and breeding. Getting my copy of ORAS toady!!!!!! i'm 3 excited please feel free to contact me i've only jsut found out the benefits of the friend safari and thGTS. Im always on the battle spot. LOng live the underdog grass starters. WE GOT A DRAGON BABY!!!
Hello GreenMorpheus! Welcome to Smogon! Gen 3 was actually my first game, and im definitely jealous of you. I need to get a copy of ORAS! Hope you enjoy your stay on Smogon, and if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM!

Hello GreenMorpheus! Welcome to Smogon! Gen 3 was actually my first game, and im definitely jealous of you. I need to get a copy of ORAS! Hope you enjoy your stay on Smogon, and if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM!
haha dont be jelly lets be buddies. but i do have questions,
i've been seeing people talk about OU & UU and i use showdown but dont really know what either of them means.
and how hard is it to find a ditto with good evs in the friends safari ive caufht like 15 from there but most only have 2 maxed.
i just lmao'd at your gif.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
haha dont be jelly lets be buddies. but i do have questions,
i've been seeing people talk about OU & UU and i use showdown but dont really know what either of them means.
and how hard is it to find a ditto with good evs in the friends safari ive caufht like 15 from there but most only have 2 maxed.
i just lmao'd at your gif.
OU and UU (RU and NU) are the Smogon Tiers. Pokemons are in tiers, depending on their usage. They usually change every 3 month.
Its usually pretty hard to get a good one from Friend Safari, unless you RNG abuse. Try finding one in the Wifi forum or Wifi room on PS!.
Also ty, :]

Hai! My name is Joe, but call me the Cruton. I'm 13 and I've been playing competitive since I was 11, 1st game was diamond. I love tournaments, and some of my favorite pokemon are Scolipede, Tornadus-T, Meloetta, and Mega Camerupt. I don't hate any pokemon, but DISPISE the move Baton Pass. I do play competitive Ingame, and I'm a nuzlocking GOD. I'm not that all that great at pokemon, but I'm only been doing for two years and, again, I'm only 13 (pause to laugh at the fact that I'm "youngster Joey"). Anyway, I really enjoy talking pokemon with the awesome, funny, smart, kind smogonites all around me! Au revoir!

Hey my names OJ and I'm a returning member. I joined smogon 2-4 years ago (I don't remember but it was a while) and I stopped playing. I want to get back into pokemon but have no idea about the new generations and whatnot. I played all the GBA games when I was in elementary/middle school and now I'm a sophomore and want to start playing again!

Hi! My name's João, i'm 14, and I've playing pokemon competitively for about one year or so. While searching for better movesets I found Smogon sites and then the forums, that I joined some time ago to keep contact with a player I met in Pokémon Showdown but never posted anything anyway. As some of you might notice, I'm from Brazil. I actually speak Portuguese but I can understand in english as well!

_
Se tiver algum brasileiro por aqui, apareça!

Hello everyone, I'm Ezekiel i'm 19 and i live in North Carolina. I've played since blue version and have always loved pokemon. I seriously got into competitive battle during Soul Silver and Heart Gold thanks to a friend i met at our local Yugioh tournament shop, he explained to me about IV and EV training and recommended me to shoddybattle and the smogon website. Ever since then, I've enjoyed competitive battling.

Hello all, I've been playing Pokémon since gen IV but recently got into competitive battling with the release of gen VI (sorry unova region). I discovered smogon this year and loved the almost laboratory style teambuilder, my inner control freak went nuts until i finally started to win a few battles in OU and Ubers. I love cool little strategies (i.e. Super luck absol with a razor claw for 100% crit chance) and stalling out my opponents (Bat pass aqua ring and ingrain to a shuckle with leftovers.) I'm not so sure that those are good ways to get to the top of the ladders or to win tournaments but I do believe that with the right strategy, a sunken can beat an arceus. I always love learning new things so feel free to share ANYTHING that might be helpful to a noob like myself. Now to micromanage my way to victory...

Yo I'm RG, or Godusun if you want to be serious about something. I'm 17, and a nerd of course! I'm not really into competitive battling cause I suck at it, but I love Programming. Front end Back end you name it I'll learn it (same with anything computer science related)

Hai! My name is Joe, but call me the Cruton. I'm 13 and I've been playing competitive since I was 11, 1st game was diamond. I love tournaments, and some of my favorite pokemon are Scolipede, Tornadus-T, Meloetta, and Mega Camerupt. I don't hate any pokemon, but DISPISE the move Baton Pass. I do play competitive Ingame, and I'm a nuzlocking GOD. I'm not that all that great at pokemon, but I'm only been doing for two years and, again, I'm only 13 (pause to laugh at the fact that I'm "youngster Joey"). Anyway, I really enjoy talking pokemon with the awesome, funny, smart, kind smogonites all around me! Au revoir!
Hey Joe! You like Scolipede but hate Baton Pass? :P Anyway, Nuzlockes are cool. Have fun!

Hey my names OJ and I'm a returning member. I joined smogon 2-4 years ago (I don't remember but it was a while) and I stopped playing. I want to get back into pokemon but have no idea about the new generations and whatnot. I played all the GBA games when I was in elementary/middle school and now I'm a sophomore and want to start playing again!
Hey OJ. It probably seems pretty daunting, since you've been gone for a while, but I'm sure it'll turn out fine. I think you'll find people very helpful here.

Hi! My name's João, i'm 14, and I've playing pokemon competitively for about one year or so. While searching for better movesets I found Smogon sites and then the forums, that I joined some time ago to keep contact with a player I met in Pokémon Showdown but never posted anything anyway. As some of you might notice, I'm from Brazil. I actually speak Portuguese but I can understand in english as well!

_
Se tiver algum brasileiro por aqui, apareça!
Hi João, and welcome. I'm assuming you've been to the Portuguese room on PS!, but just in case you haven't, there is one :o Anyway, have a good time here!

Hello everyone, I'm Ezekiel i'm 19 and i live in North Carolina. I've played since blue version and have always loved pokemon. I seriously got into competitive battle during Soul Silver and Heart Gold thanks to a friend i met at our local Yugioh tournament shop, he explained to me about IV and EV training and recommended me to shoddybattle and the smogon website. Ever since then, I've enjoyed competitive battling.
Hello! You already seem pretty experienced, but of course there's always more to learn. Hope you enjoy contributing to the site.

Hello all, I've been playing Pokémon since gen IV but recently got into competitive battling with the release of gen VI (sorry unova region). I discovered smogon this year and loved the almost laboratory style teambuilder, my inner control freak went nuts until i finally started to win a few battles in OU and Ubers. I love cool little strategies (i.e. Super luck absol with a razor claw for 100% crit chance) and stalling out my opponents (Bat pass aqua ring and ingrain to a shuckle with leftovers.) I'm not so sure that those are good ways to get to the top of the ladders or to win tournaments but I do believe that with the right strategy, a sunken can beat an arceus. I always love learning new things so feel free to share ANYTHING that might be helpful to a noob like myself. Now to micromanage my way to victory...
Hey there! I'm really fond of those sorts of strategies too. (They're especially important in OMs like what I play, where there are so many opportunities for creativity, but I digress.) And you're right, any Pokemon can beat any other with the right setup.

Yo I'm RG, or Godusun if you want to be serious about something. I'm 17, and a nerd of course! I'm not really into competitive battling cause I suck at it, but I love Programming. Front end Back end you name it I'll learn it (same with anything computer science related)
Hi RG. Programming is really cool, though I've never been able to get into it myself. There are a lot of opportunities for coding on Smogon and PS! (there's even a programmer badge, in fact), so I'm sure we can keep you busy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)