General Introduce yourself!

Hey all,

My name is Kuthillick and I have been a gamer for quite a few years now. I have played a variety of games including Puzzle Pirates, WoW (briefly), Diablo III, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Poxnora (at its peak), Pokemon, Hearthstone, and a couple others here and there. I was formerly a member of vVv Gaming but had to step out due to real life issues getting in the way.

I just finished up with Pokemon X's main story (beating Diantha) and am looking to get into the competitive scene. I have done quite a bit of reading but am still confused on IV Breeding and Egg moves which I know are important. Im going to answer the suggested questions just for fun. If you have any questions about me just ask!

• Your favourite Pokemon --- Probably Typhlosion. I played Gold so much that I got used to him... but give me a solid Electric type and I'm happy too.
  • Are you on PS?
  • What you plan to do here --- Meet some people and slowly starting working my way to a competitive team.
  • Things you might need help with --- Breeding, both IV breeding and Egg Moves
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that --- 21 years old, type I diabetic for 20 years with severe rheumatoid arthritis from the complications of being diagnosed. Work at a popular convenience store on the East Coast of the US. I enjoy reading, bowling, table tennis, and of course, video games. I hope to become a software engineer focusing in game design.
  • Favourite Pokemon games --- Gold and Emerald. Gold is #1 though. Loved that game to pieces.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey all,

My name is Kuthillick and I have been a gamer for quite a few years now. I have played a variety of games including Puzzle Pirates, WoW (briefly), Diablo III, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Poxnora (at its peak), Pokemon, Hearthstone, and a couple others here and there. I was formerly a member of vVv Gaming but had to step out due to real life issues getting in the way.

I just finished up with Pokemon X's main story (beating Diantha) and am looking to get into the competitive scene. I have done quite a bit of reading but am still confused on IV Breeding and Egg moves which I know are important. Im going to answer the suggested questions just for fun. If you have any questions about me just ask!

• Your favourite Pokemon --- Probably Typhlosion. I played Gold so much that I got used to him... but give me a solid Electric type and I'm happy too.
  • Are you on PS?
  • What you plan to do here --- Meet some people and slowly starting working my way to a competitive team.
  • Things you might need help with --- Breeding, both IV breeding and Egg Moves
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that --- 21 years old, type I diabetic for 20 years with severe rheumatoid arthritis from the complications of being diagnosed. Work at a popular convenience store on the East Coast of the US. I enjoy reading, bowling, table tennis, and of course, video games. I hope to become a software engineer focusing in game design.
  • Favourite Pokemon games --- Gold and Emerald. Gold is #1 though. Loved that game to pieces.
What's up, Kuthillick, welcome to Smogon ! That's quite the resume you have there. I'm also a Type I Diabetic, so we already have something in common ! Pokemon Gold was also my favourite Pokemon game back when I was a kid, and I'm doing a run-through of Heart Gold right now actually. If you're confused about IV Breeding and the like, head over to the Wi-Fi sub-forum, where there are tons of useful links that you can use to your advantage. If you have any questions, feel free to PM myself, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Erai14, or TheHoodedGamer & we'd be happy to help you. Enjoy your stay here and we hope to see you around !

What's up, Kuthillick, welcome to Smogon ! That's quite the resume you have there. I'm also a Type I Diabetic, so we already have something in common ! Pokemon Gold was also my favourite Pokemon game back when I was a kid, and I'm doing a run-through of Heart Gold right now actually. If you're confused about IV Breeding and the like, head over to the Wi-Fi sub-forum, where there are tons of useful links that you can use to your advantage. If you have any questions, feel free to PM myself, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, Erai14, or TheHoodedGamer & we'd be happy to help you. Enjoy your stay here and we hope to see you around !
Hey Dr. Ciel - First and foremost WOW - I didnt expect to find a Type I diabetic that fast or at all really but thats awesome. Thanks for the links to the appropriate forums, I was still exploring but that helps me out a ton. I havent gone back and done any of the Heart Gold or even Fire Red/Leaf Greens but I am going to try and pick up one of the ORAS games so Im up to date. Thanks again!

Hai peoples, I am Fluffiator the Star Dinosaur!
I play a lot of Battle Dome and a small amount of Mafia on PS, and Mew is probably my favorite pokemon.
I'm here for friends c;

Hai peoples, I am Fluffiator the Star Dinosaur!
I play a lot of Battle Dome and a small amount of Mafia on PS, and Mew is probably my favorite pokemon.
I'm here for friends c;
Yo Fluffiator the Star Dinosaur! Welcome to Smogon. First of all: What an awesome name! Fluffy for cuteness and ator for badass-ness. Based on that I already want to be friends with you. And, Battle Dome? As in, Emerald's Battle Frontier? I remember, about 10 years ago.. Dome Ace Tucker made me smash my GBA when his Swampert held onto its Focus Band four times in a row. There are no words to describe how mad I was.

Are there any places you're looking for specifically on Smogon? There are some really fun places around here, and I would gladly show you some. A useful place is The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask them there. And if you'd rather go personal, you can also talk to me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, QueBien, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. But most importantly, enjoy your stay :)

Hey Fluke c;
When I said Battle Dome, I was referring to a room on Pokemon Showdown. However, Emerald's Battle Frontier was amazing! I nearly broke my GBA on a table.
I don't have any places I'm looking for specifically, but I been playing ASB here on Smogon.
Thank you for the kindness :D

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
hello my name is megaqwer and my favorite pokemon is heracross(as you can see from my avatar:p) i dont have a favorite gen cause i love various pokemons from different gens and i love playing ag and i peaked the laderr to #10 and ubers (as it is similiar to ag) and monotype(as i like the 6 pokemons of same type) and i hope to contribute in smogon and make this website the best website of the decade:p

hello my name is megaqwer and my favorite pokemon is heracross(as you can see from my avatar:p) i dont have a favorite gen cause i love various pokemons from different gens and i love playing ag and i peaked the laderr to #10 and ubers (as it is similiar to ag) and monotype(as i like the 6 pokemons of same type) and i hope to contribute in smogon and make this website the best website of the decade:p
Hey megaqwer, welcome to Smogon. Super dope avatar you have there. I also really like Heracross. I recently got this Pokemon Card on TCGO, and it's freaking awesome!

You peaked #10 on Anything Goes? That's freaking awesome. I've been playing AG for a while now and the highest I got is around 1800. And don't worry about Smogon, as it's already the best website ever. If you're looking for any places in particular, just let me know. I would love to show you around.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Hey megaqwer, welcome to Smogon. Super dope avatar you have there. I also really like Heracross. I recently got this Pokemon Card on TCGO, and it's freaking awesome!

You peaked #10 on Anything Goes? That's freaking awesome. I've been playing AG for a while now and the highest I got is around 1800. And don't worry about Smogon, as it's already the best website ever. If you're looking for any places in particular, just let me know. I would love to show you around.

yeas where do i start?i want to see cool forums

yeas where do i start?i want to see cool forums
Well, it kind of depends on what you're here for. I personally like the Orange Islands subforum, because I'm into the Pokémon games a lot. I hang out there quite often. Everything from Pokémon Snap to Pokémon Adventures, discussion related to existing Pokémon games, anime, or manga goes there. It's a really fun place to be honest. Another useful place is The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there. If you like to help or get helped with teambuilding, check out the Rate My Team section. In that subforum people can rate teams and give feedback on how to use them optimally. And if you want to help others out with small requests, you should definitely check out the Simple Questions/Requests thread in the Wi-Fi section. In that thread you can help or request help for minor Pokemon trades, item requests, etc.

Those are a few places I visit often. I hope you like them as well. If you have a specific request or need, just let me know and I'll try to guide you :)

Last edited:
Hey guys! I'm brand new around here. I came to Smogon to learn the ways of competitive battling. I have seen Pokétubers play on Showdown and they always have fun. I want to try and get into some of the lower tiers like NU. I just really like the Pokemon that happen to be in them. I don't know anything about how to REALLY battle but I am ready and willing to learn. My first games were Heartgold and Soulsilver. My favourite Pokemon is Shedinja. Let's do this!

Hey guys! I'm brand new around here. I came to Smogon to learn the ways of competitive battling. I have seen Pokétubers play on Showdown and they always have fun. I want to try and get into some of the lower tiers like NU. I just really like the Pokemon that happen to be in them. I don't know anything about how to REALLY battle but I am ready and willing to learn. My first games were Heartgold and Soulsilver. My favourite Pokemon is Shedinja. Let's do this!
Hey what's up, welcome to Smogon. Your first games were HG/SS? That's so awesome. My all time favorite is Pokémon Gold. I'm curious, how did you experience Heart Gold? Did you like it, and why? Awesome to see someone start with a remake of my favorite game. And oh my lord, I really hate Shedinja! Whenever I encounter one on Pokemon Showdown! I never have something to hit it with.. And then it sets up 3x Swords Dance and I'm screwed. So annoying!

Anyhow, if you're here for the competitive side of Pokémon you're definitely at the right place. Smogon is almost all about it! If you're trying to get better at battling and you're willing to learn from a tutor, check out Battling 101, Smogon's tutoring program. You can sign up as an apprentice to learn how to play the game from experts. You can also take your teams to the Rate My Team section, where people can rate them and give you feedback on how to use them optimally. It's really helpful to get feedback from people that are actually good at the game.

If you're looking for anything else, I'll gladly guide you. Hope to see you around :)

Hey what's up, welcome to Smogon. Your first games were HG/SS? That's so awesome. My all time favorite is Pokémon Gold. I'm curious, how did you experience Heart Gold? Did you like it, and why? Awesome to see someone start with a remake of my favorite game. And oh my lord, I really hate Shedinja! Whenever I encounter one on Pokemon Showdown! I never have something to hit it with.. And then it sets up 3x Swords Dance and I'm screwed. So annoying!

Anyhow, if you're here for the competitive side of Pokémon you're definitely at the right place. Smogon is almost all about it! If you're trying to get better at battling and you're willing to learn from a tutor, check out Battling 101, Smogon's tutoring program. You can sign up as an apprentice to learn how to play the game from experts. You can also take your teams to the Rate My Team section, where people can rate them and give you feedback on how to use them optimally. It's really helpful to get feedback from people that are actually good at the game.

If you're looking for anything else, I'll gladly guide you. Hope to see you around :)
It's a pleasure to meet you. My first run was interesting. I basically bulldozed through the entire Johto region with my Typhlosion. Except for Morty. I somehow beat him with a lvl 14 Hoothoot with Insomnia. That was probably my favorite moment in the whole run. I don't think I ever went all the way through Kanto. But that was probably because I found something my Typhlosion couldn't beat. I also loved my Pokéwalker. I took it everywhere. I always liked pretending my pokémon were actually following me around. I never reset because I felt like I would lose the friends I had. And I never have reset any other Pokémon game for that reason. I fell in love with the game because it brought out my imagination more than anything. It gave me something to smile about and friends to play with. It made me the creative and loving guy I am today.

Shedinja has always intrigued me because of its strategy. Seeing battles with it never cease to make me laugh. It's such a fun pokémon.

I've checked out Battling 101 and it doesn't look like it'll be open again until next year. In the meantime, what else is there to do here?

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
It's a pleasure to meet you. My first run was interesting. I basically bulldozed through the entire Johto region with my Typhlosion. Except for Morty. I somehow beat him with a lvl 14 Hoothoot with Insomnia. That was probably my favorite moment in the whole run. I don't think I ever went all the way through Kanto. But that was probably because I found something my Typhlosion couldn't beat. I also loved my Pokéwalker. I took it everywhere. I always liked pretending my pokémon were actually following me around. I never reset because I felt like I would lose the friends I had. And I never have reset any other Pokémon game for that reason. I fell in love with the game because it brought out my imagination more than anything. It gave me something to smile about and friends to play with. It made me the creative and loving guy I am today.

Shedinja has always intrigued me because of its strategy. Seeing battles with it never cease to make me laugh. It's such a fun pokémon.

I've checked out Battling 101 and it doesn't look like it'll be open again until next year. In the meantime, what else is there to do here?
There are tons of forums to check out here. I'll list a few.

The Tournaments forum hosts a wide variety of tournaments with several different stipulations. Doing well in tournaments can raise your reputation here.

The Orange Islands forum is a great place if you want to talk with others about the Pokemon in-game. It's the place to go if you need any in-game help.

Finally, Congregation of the Masses allows you to talk about everything outside Pokemon, including Music, Sports, and more ! Be sure to lurk a bit before posting here.

Hey! Brand new to the site, though far as pokemon goes I've loved them ever since collecting the cardboard cut out cards on the back of lunchables. I've never fought competitively, though have a general grasp of it and occasionally watch youtubers. Favorite pokemon... yeegads, not easy. Scrafty is pretty high up there.

Well, I joined because I want to understand pokemon better for battling, challenge runs, and fanfiction. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Hey! Brand new to the site, though far as pokemon goes I've loved them ever since collecting the cardboard cut out cards on the back of lunchables. I've never fought competitively, though have a general grasp of it and occasionally watch youtubers. Favorite pokemon... yeegads, not easy. Scrafty is pretty high up there.

Well, I joined because I want to understand pokemon better for battling, challenge runs, and fanfiction. Looking forward to being part of the community.
Hey there! Welcome!

I loved Pokemon since I knew it, it was basically my childhood, the gen 3 games are so special to me :,).

If you want to learn more about competitive battling you can check the Battling 101 program, it is our toturing program where you'll get teached by more experienced players in the metagame of your choice, and, if you are interested about in-game stuff, the Orange Islands sub-forum is the place for you, you can discuss everything from the games to even the manga.

You mentioned fanfiction, are you a writer? I must say, I'd really love to see some, usually my head is liked a bucket filled with a ton of ideas to write, but, i've never writen anything, and it would be nice to share ideas sonetimes!

Hope to see you around! :]

Wassap! Hey, guys! I've actually played some Pokemon here and there but didn't really get into competitive until late Gen 5 which is how I found out about Smogon. Anyways, nice meeting whoever reads this post!

Wassap! Hey, guys! I've actually played some Pokemon here and there but didn't really get into competitive until late Gen 5 which is how I found out about Smogon. Anyways, nice meeting whoever reads this post!
Hi there, welcome! I started competitive even later than you did, during beginning of Gen VI :). How competitive do you get? Are you interested in playing tournaments, or are you more like me, who just enjoys messing around on the ladder with terrible teams that I build myself?

Hey there! Welcome!

I loved Pokemon since I knew it, it was basically my childhood, the gen 3 games are so special to me :,).

If you want to learn more about competitive battling you can check the Battling 101 program, it is our toturing program where you'll get teached by more experienced players in the metagame of your choice, and, if you are interested about in-game stuff, the Orange Islands sub-forum is the place for you, you can discuss everything from the games to even the manga.

You mentioned fanfiction, are you a writer? I must say, I'd really love to see some, usually my head is liked a bucket filled with a ton of ideas to write, but, i've never writen anything, and it would be nice to share ideas sonetimes!

Hope to see you around! :]
Hey! Thanks for the directions. I actually don't own a 3DS yet, though pretty soon I'll be getting one with Pokemon Y. Hopefully I'll be able to get more into the competitive side of things then. I'll probably do a few nuzlocke/monotype runs first though. Wish the games had multiple save files.

I'm kind of just getting started with the writing. Wrote a good chunk of my story years ago, but never put it up anywhere. Trying to get back into it and pokemon in general. There's a site that has a lot of writers on it, but it doesn't have much in the way of forums. Hoping to find somewhere to talk.

Hi there, welcome! I started competitive even later than you did, during beginning of Gen VI :). How competitive do you get? Are you interested in playing tournaments, or are you more like me, who just enjoys messing around on the ladder with terrible teams that I build myself?
My favorite part is actually building the teams. It's almost like my desired field of study: engineering. You build it, test it, observe, make tweeks, test, and repeat. Most of my teams actually end up pretty well. I usually go 15 battles with each and my worst was 13-2 (win-lose). Other than that I just build and battle for fun, nothing too serious.

On a tangent, how do you change your profile pic. I don't like Emolga very much. It never stuck with me.

To to yo
My favorite part is actually building the teams. It's almost like my desired field of study: engineering. You build it, test it, observe, make tweeks, test, and repeat. Most of my teams actually end up pretty well. I usually go 15 battles with each and my worst was 13-2 (win-lose). Other than that I just build and battle for fun, nothing too serious.

On a tangent, how do you change your profile pic. I don't like Emolga very much. It never stuck with me.
Go to your profile and click the profile picture. Should be rather self explanatory from there. Least you got emolga. Much as I may like skuntank as a concept, it's not what I'd want to use to represent me.

i'm Truong. I'm from Viet Nam. When i was young i very love Pokemon. But this film is very short because VN tv not show amore. To day, i just know Pokemon very much anime :3

i'm Truong. I'm from Viet Nam. When i was young i very love Pokemon. But this film is very short because VN tv not show amore. To day, i just know Pokemon very much anime :3
Hey Truong, welcome! I'm so happy to see people from all over the world gathering here. I also really love the Pokémon anime. My favorite Pokémon movie has to be the first one. I still cry every time when I watch it ;_;

Are you also into the Pokémon games? Smogon has a lot of places regarding those. Let me know what you are interested in and can show you some places you may find interesting :D

Hi guys! I'm new to Smogon. I love to play Pokemon strategically and I also love close matches. I personally think Snorlax is the best Normal Type EVER! Anyways I hope to find friends on this site
^~^
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/ulyses1234/snorlax.gif http://i.imgur.com/dSg3A7Y.gif
Yo Snorlax trainer, welcome to the site. You talked about Snorlax, but you posted a picture of Aegislash. Huh?!

Good thing, I also like to meet new people and be friends with them. I guess we can be friends! Tell me some more about the reason you joined Smogon, because there are some really awesome places here I can show you. For now, a helpful places would be the Smogon Simple Questions thread. You can go there for all you forum related questions. You can also talk to me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, QueBien, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer if you're looking for some friends, as these people are really nice.

Hope to see you around ^_^/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)