General Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone!
I've been scanning through this as a guest for ages, so I guess you could say I have been here for years. I have never really gotten into competitive battling cause I never really had any friends to do so with. I am more of a shiny hunter.

Anyway my name is Tyler Mix. Yes Mix. Hince my nickname Xim.

My favorite pokemon is Lucario. I honestly believe I am one, though it sounds weird.
Next would be Durant. I like ants and study them. So yea don't try to start an argument with me on ants, unless you study them as well.

But yea I hope to find people to talk to on here and eventually get into competitive battling perhaps.

Also I am willing to help out the site however I can, Just let me know!

Hello Guys! I'm Killboy Powerhead :D This nickname came from a track from The Offspring Smash album that i heard A LOT, so my friends call me this way.
My real name is Adilson and i'm from Brazil.
I've started playing pokemon when Pokémon GS came out, then i got Yellow in my friend's Gameboy. Played all of them in emulators since that.
Then in 2013 my girlfriend gave me a N3DS, and i finally bought my first own original pokemon game. It was such a happy moment.
I've been lurking around the smogon forums since that, then now i have finally trained a competitive team, and will start competing today.
I want to start being part of the community right now, so right after the new year's family stuff, i will be battling, chating at twitch and smogon forums.

Love you guys for the awesome content for newcomers. See ya o/

Hello everybody! I am Namidee and am around Pokémon Online and Poémon Showdown for forever. I took a break after B/W and am returning now. Hope to make lot's of new friends on Smogon.

Favorite Pokemon's - Clefable, Mega Gengar, Darkrai, Snorlax, Blaziken and Serperior
What you plan to do here - Get ideas for unexpected teams and do a lot of RMT
Things you might need help with - One thing I usually need help is to prove synergy on my teams

A little background info about me - I am italian/brazilian, psycholoy bachelor living in Sao Paulo and into pokémon since Red/Blue.

Favourite Pokemon game -
Emerald (played all except for the 3ds ones)

Hi I'm Polocatfan I guess.
I've been on PS for a while and I know how to play competitively, but I prefer building theme teams. (my best one being my Undertale team.)
My favorite pokemon are Smeargle, Ambipom(It needs to rise in tiers XD), Shedinja, Shuckle, and Azumarill.
I also really like the Pokemon Orre games and am waiting for Game Freak to let Genius Sonority make a third one already.
So Anyways. I'm not good at ending these things so.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello everybody! I am Namidee and am around Pokémon Online and Poémon Showdown for forever. I took a break after B/W and am returning now. Hope to make lot's of new friends on Smogon.

Favorite Pokemon's - Clefable, Mega Gengar, Darkrai, Snorlax, Blaziken and Serperior
What you plan to do here - Get ideas for unexpected teams and do a lot of RMT
Things you might need help with - One thing I usually need help is to prove synergy on my teams

A little background info about me - I am italian/brazilian, psycholoy bachelor living in Sao Paulo and into pokémon since Red/Blue.
Favourite Pokemon game - Emerald (played all except for the 3ds ones)
Hey Namidee!
Welcome to the forums! Because you are planning on creating RMTs, I'll give you some information on how to post one. Before you create a thread, be sure to read the RMT rules, which you can find here. In addition, make sure you post your thread in the correct forum. The main things you need to get from the rules are that: 1) your thread must consist of a complete team; 2) each team member must have a description of why you chose it, what it does for your team, and why you chose its moveset; 3) you can only post 1 RMT per 2 weeks. Also, making your thread neat wouldn't hurt.
Since you need help with team synergy, I would recommend browsing some of the Cores threads, such as that for OU. What you will find there are combinations of Pokemon that perform well together, as well as the type of core they are (Offensive, Defensive, etc.).
If you need anything else, use the Simple Questions threads or send me a PM, and I'll be happy to help. Have a great time here!
Hi I'm Polocatfan I guess.
I've been on PS for a while and I know how to play competitively, but I prefer building theme teams. (my best one being my Undertale team.)
My favorite pokemon are Smeargle, Ambipom(It needs to rise in tiers XD), Shedinja, Shuckle, and Azumarill.
I also really like the Pokemon Orre games and am waiting for Game Freak to let Genius Sonority make a third one already.
So Anyways. I'm not good at ending these things so.
Hello polocatfan!
How are you? I also prefer building creative teams over competitive ones, but if I need to build a competitive team, I can. I haven't really played the Pokemon Colosseum games, but the spin-off games I have played were enjoyable. I like Steel type Pokemon the most, especially Bisharp. So, do you have any idea where you'd like to get involved here at Smogon? If you don't have an idea yet, that's perfectly fine. Feel free to explore the different subforums and find some you like, such as Orange Islands or Wi-Fi. If you have any questions during your time here, PM me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. Have fun and I'll see you around! :)
Hello Guys! I'm Killboy Powerhead :D This nickname came from a track from The Offspring Smash album that i heard A LOT, so my friends call me this way.
My real name is Adilson and i'm from Brazil.
I've started playing pokemon when Pokémon GS came out, then i got Yellow in my friend's Gameboy. Played all of them in emulators since that.
Then in 2013 my girlfriend gave me a N3DS, and i finally bought my first own original pokemon game. It was such a happy moment.
I've been lurking around the smogon forums since that, then now i have finally trained a competitive team, and will start competing today.
I want to start being part of the community right now, so right after the new year's family stuff, i will be battling, chating at twitch and smogon forums.

Love you guys for the awesome content for newcomers. See ya o/
Hi Killboyph!
I've listened to some of The Offspring's music, and from what I've heard, it's great. Emerald was my first game, which I played on my friend's GBA, and since then I've played quite a few others, via emulators, DS, etc. Pokemon Y was the first one I bought, when I got a 3DS a year and a half ago. I actually bought a 3DS after battling in Showdown, because I wanted to battle in game for once, instead of in the simulator. If you'd like to contribute to Smogon via Twitch or YouTube, check out this guide for some helpful information on how to do so. Use the Smogon Simple Questions thread if you have questions, or PM me or the friendly users I tagged above. Have a nice day!
Hey Smogon People!

My name is Gimrir. (Yes that sounds like GimR, don't tell him I like him ^^')
You probably already found out, that I really like Conk, but I also love competitive Smogon battling! I usually just went to Showdown and asked people for Wifi-Battles, but right now I really want to get into the metagame and learn more. Part of that would be finding new friends for battling here!

I already built myself a fairly big collection of BR Pokes, I'd say about 2/3 are self bred and 1/3 obtained via trade (most notably legendaries, because SRing is tiring for me.)

Well not much left to say other than have a great day and maybe leave me a nice message!

Seeya all soon :)
Nice to meet you Gimrir!
The Competitive Discussion forum is the perfect place for you to learn more about competitive battling and at the same time contribute to Smogon, if that's something you might be interested in. Most tiers, like OU and UU, have a subforum there where users can take part in well-informed discussion about the metagame. In addition, be sure to visit the Wi-Fi forum to find other users interested in battling or trading Pokemon. You can find some great Pokemon up for trade, if you have enough to offer in return. If you want to find another user to battle, use this subforum. Start a conversation with me if you need help with anything. Otherwise, enjoy your time here! :)
Hi everyone!
I've been scanning through this as a guest for ages, so I guess you could say I have been here for years. I have never really gotten into competitive battling cause I never really had any friends to do so with. I am more of a shiny hunter.

Anyway my name is Tyler Mix. Yes Mix. Hince my nickname Xim.

My favorite pokemon is Lucario. I honestly believe I am one, though it sounds weird.
Next would be Durant. I like ants and study them. So yea don't try to start an argument with me on ants, unless you study them as well.

But yea I hope to find people to talk to on here and eventually get into competitive battling perhaps.

Also I am willing to help out the site however I can, Just let me know!
Welcome XiM!
Great you decided to join! If you are interested in trading, you can find some shiny Pokemon in the trading threads in the Wi-Fi forum. Just be prepared to offer some good Pokemon in return. If you'd like to get into competitive battling, I would recommend trying out different tiers in Showdown to find some you like. I would also advise looking over the discussion threads in the Competitive Discussion forum to learn the basics of the metagame. If you like a tier but don't know where to start when building a team, the Viability Rankings threads are a good place to go to find Pokemon that fare well in the tier.
Lucario is also one of my favorite Pokemon; I love its design the most, but its typing is cool, too. Durant is a fun Pokemon to play, but I've never really used it a lot except in Bug Monotype teams. Ants are, well, interesting. I've had some unpleasant experiences with them in the past, but they are certainly intelligent creatures.
Anyway, use the Smogon Simple Questions thread if you need help with anything, or send me a PM. Have a good time here!
Whatsapp guys: I'm a sad Sdedlool without karisma and I'm Italian
I've started to play pokemon at 9 years, with Pokemon Platinum version
My favourites pokemon are Giratina for legendaries, Turtwig for starters and Flygon in general
I am in PS and in PO, and i've come in Smogon because i want learn other things about Competitive
I play electric Guitar since 4 years and My favourites bands are Nickelback, Alter Bridge and AC/DC
I'm disposable to battle and chat with everyone about Pokemon, Music and movies
See You later battlers ;-) :-)
Hey there SdedloolWithoutKarisma!
I've been playing Pokemon for a while now, and I discovered Smogon through Showdown, after being introduced to the simulator by a friend. I loved the third generation the best, and Emerald is still my favorite Pokemon game today. My favorite legendary is either Mewtwo or Rayquaza. Torchic and Turtwig are my favorite starters--Torchic because I started with Emerald; Turtwig because it's a turtle, and turtles are awesome. Otherwise, Bisharp is my favorite Pokemon, because I love its design. I've wanted to play the electric guitar, but I guess I never got the chance, and now I don't have the time to start learning. :( I'm a metal fan and my favorite bands are Metallica, Disturbed, and RATM.
If you have questions, feel free to ask, and I'll be glad to help. I hope you enjoy Smogon!

Hello! I've been lurking here for a bit and decided that it looks fun so I decided to sign up! Name's Oberon, and I've been playing pokemon for a long time. My main goal was to get a bunch of level 100 pokemon, and after years and years of on and off grinding I finally got nearly a full team up to max level. It consisted of some of my favorite pokemon at the time: Torterra, Blastoise, Lucario, Hydreigon; and the coolest legendary out there, Palkia.

After that my interest peaked once I discovered the Nuzlocke challenge, and completed a pokécenter-less run through Pokemon Leafgreen. My final team consisted of a Hypno, a Sandslash, and a Kabutops. I then attempted a solo-locke of Pokemon Heartgold with a dratini, but it died against whitney's miltank due to a metrollnomed perish song against her clefairy. RIP Elizabeth :'(

After that, on a whim, I searched for an online battling simulator and found Pokemon Showdown. While on there I occasionally used the smogon analysis' linked in the stats page. After a while of doing random battles, hackmons 1v1 (RIP that too), Ubers and some OU I started to search for some things online. I was directed here by Google, and because of the analysis pages I used previously I recognized the name Smogon. I found various forum threads to read through and found myself enjoying them quite a bit. (I enjoyed the Guide to the ORAS OU Metagame and previous issues of The Smog dealing with the BW Weather Wars the most.) After that I found the Good Cores thread, and wanting to start posting in there, I finally signed up!

This post was a lot longer then I was expecting it to be... >_> Oh well.

So I want to say I'm definitely not new to competitive play. I love the battle spot and I've always done online competitive play through other online leagues and forums/websites. I go in an out of activity since Pearl came out the first year of my undergrad work. Then I went on to two rounds of grad school, now fatherhood and teaching. I love playing though when I get time, though at this point in my life I'm way too busy to organize any leagues anymore. I have been playing showdown a bunch lately and played a bit this spring so I know the competitive field pretty well.

I'm an avid collector of plush, I've been doing it since red/blue came out. I have some great gems in my collection like a 3.5 foot custom made Gyarados. I love league play and I've always been a gym leader when I've played in online leagues. I love building mono-teams. I used to play at VGC a few years back and I've done TGC for awhile too, though that's an expensive hobby. These days I tend to limit the amount I spend on this facet.

Well I hope to catch on quick.

Tana

Hello! I've been lurking here for a bit and decided that it looks fun so I decided to sign up! Name's Oberon, and I've been playing pokemon for a long time. My main goal was to get a bunch of level 100 pokemon, and after years and years of on and off grinding I finally got nearly a full team up to max level. It consisted of some of my favorite pokemon at the time: Torterra, Blastoise, Lucario, Hydreigon; and the coolest legendary out there, Palkia.

After that my interest peaked once I discovered the Nuzlocke challenge, and completed a pokécenter-less run through Pokemon Leafgreen. My final team consisted of a Hypno, a Sandslash, and a Kabutops. I then attempted a solo-locke of Pokemon Heartgold with a dratini, but it died against whitney's miltank due to a metrollnomed perish song against her clefairy. RIP Elizabeth :'(

After that, on a whim, I searched for an online battling simulator and found Pokemon Showdown. While on there I occasionally used the smogon analysis' linked in the stats page. After a while of doing random battles, hackmons 1v1 (RIP that too), Ubers and some OU I started to search for some things online. I was directed here by Google, and because of the analysis pages I used previously I recognized the name Smogon. I found various forum threads to read through and found myself enjoying them quite a bit. (I enjoyed the Guide to the ORAS OU Metagame and previous issues of The Smog dealing with the BW Weather Wars the most.) After that I found the Good Cores thread, and wanting to start posting in there, I finally signed up!

This post was a lot longer then I was expecting it to be... >_> Oh well.
I used to do that years ago grinding and having my pokemon to level 100 I always thought that level=power. Boy was I wrong at the time. Nowadays if I grind pokemon I grind them to 50 for battling. If I grind anything to a high level it's only for in game purposes. My friend christian introduced me to pokemon showdown and pokemon showdown has increased my knowledge of the metagame a ton. Glad to see that you signed up. I signed up mainly for the wifi forums. If you need help you can always message me or Fluke, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. Hope you enjoy your time around the site.

So I want to say I'm definitely not new to competitive play. I love the battle spot and I've always done online competitive play through other online leagues and forums/websites. I go in an out of activity since Pearl came out the first year of my undergrad work. Then I went on to two rounds of grad school, now fatherhood and teaching. I love playing though when I get time, though at this point in my life I'm way too busy to organize any leagues anymore. I have been playing showdown a bunch lately and played a bit this spring so I know the competitive field pretty well.

I'm an avid collector of plush, I've been doing it since red/blue came out. I have some great gems in my collection like a 3.5 foot custom made Gyarados. I love league play and I've always been a gym leader when I've played in online leagues. I love building mono-teams. I used to play at VGC a few years back and I've done TGC for awhile too, though that's an expensive hobby. These days I tend to limit the amount I spend on this facet.

Well I hope to catch on quick.

Tana
I used to do a ton of battlespot battling as well. Then I got introduced to pokemon showdown and I find it harder to win on showdown than the battlespot. Pokemon diamond and emerald were my first pokemon games and I still like those games to this day. I'm not a collector of plush but dear god do I collect amiibos lol. Guess we all have weird hobbies. If you need something feel free to let me know.

How's it going everyone! My name's Kota Senpai. I have played the Pokemon Franchise since the day I had received Pokemon Leaf Green Version as a gift. Tho I have a decent amount of knowledge in regards to the current Pokemon Meta-game, I know I have quite a bit to learn about it! I'm preparing to make a YouTube Channel as a Poke-tuber, so keep an eye out for when that is up! Now, the reason I had came to Smogon; about a year ago I started to watch Verlisfy on YouTube. He always seemed to talk about the Smogon Community. That was when my interest in Competitive Battling was sparked. I am on Pokemon Showdown by the name of Kota Senpai, as I am usually on there 5 out of 7 days of the week.

I hope I can get to know many people here on the Forums as I want to make many connections with y'all!
Thanks for having me here at the Smogon Forums!

~ Kota Senpai

Hey peoples it's Mysticpotato usually found in the tournaments room, started playing G/S and have played most of them since, best tier is OU, and VPP if you are reading this you shall find me or else :I

How's it going everyone! My name's Kota Senpai. I have played the Pokemon Franchise since the day I had received Pokemon Leaf Green Version as a gift. Tho I have a decent amount of knowledge in regards to the current Pokemon Meta-game, I know I have quite a bit to learn about it! I'm preparing to make a YouTube Channel as a Poke-tuber, so keep an eye out for when that is up! Now, the reason I had came to Smogon; about a year ago I started to watch Verlisfy on YouTube. He always seemed to talk about the Smogon Community. That was when my interest in Competitive Battling was sparked. I am on Pokemon Showdown by the name of Kota Senpai, as I am usually on there 5 out of 7 days of the week.

I hope I can get to know many people here on the Forums as I want to make many connections with y'all!
Thanks for having me here at the Smogon Forums!

~ Kota Senpai
I'm probably gonna be making a youtube channel as well soon when I get new headphones soon. The main purpose will probably be to show some basics on battling which will help out a lot for new members like yourself. You should try OBS its a great computer software which can help you out a ton. I don't play on showdown as much as I used to but that may change. If you need something let me know and good luck.

Hey peoples it's Mysticpotato usually found in the tournaments room, started playing G/S and have played most of them since, best tier is OU, and VPP if you are reading this you shall find me or else :I
Not the biggest fan of the OU tier. I prefer the lower tiers because in my opinion you have to have a little more skill to be really good in the lower tiers. Don't take that as personal because it wasn't meant to be personal. I think OU is ok but my main problem is if you want to be really good in OU then you have to play the best pokemon in OU. In the lower tiers everything has a better shot of being a top candidate. Just my thought. My first games are diamond and emerald and I have been a huge fan of generation four and it's easily my favorite generation. If you need help with something let me know. Good luck on the site.

Hello I'm pupitar123 and I'm a boy and stuff. Recently I was thinking over some Pokemon movesets that I should try/ worth giving a shoutout. So, anyone interested, please see some of my movesets I made and give suggestions.Thank you and good day.

sincerity to the max,
Pupitar123

Hey all, been following Smogon via Facebook for a while now, reading the site articles and love the spotlight articles in particular. Never been very good competitively, but love trying to make up teams from 'mon I love :)

Hello everyone. I'm 20th. :]

Smogon helped me create a variety of teams before I could get the hang of it on my own. I have much thanks for that, and am glad that there's plenty of welcoming users to aid me. So, I suppose by joining, I can be more helpful and become better myself!

That's it for now. Thanks for reading this. :]

Greetings all~ n.n I'm ShadowCuney, but y'all can just call me Shadow, Cune, Cuney, or whatever you want tbh. This is my first time here, so, uh, yeah. :P Hope to see y'all around here soon~ n.n

~Cune

Hey, how's it going?
I'm Rin, I love Dark types and have the Showdown names Inaria, someone else got that forum name but I don't really mind, and Hatplant, a shoutout to a friend's Breloom.
I've played Pokemon since it was introduced, but only over the past few years gotten into the competitive side of things. I'm still a newb for now, but I'm working on it.
I like to write stories, watch a lot of anime, and play a lot of Pokemon Challenge Runs.
I think that's about it. Rin out. o/

Last edited:
Hello. My name is Meister. I finally decided to make an account because I'd like some assistance in team building and contribute in a few forums. I spend most of my pokemon play time breeding. I've been competitive battling for over 2 years now and I'm still willing to learn more about the metagame. I take huge interest in the OU metagame and I'm in love the the viability ranking and team building forums. I'm currently partaking in an under used UCL/GBA type of league on facebook and I'm really enjoying it. I hope you smogonites welcome me with open arms ;). ~Meister

Hey guys. I'm PaleThuderbolt. I'm 18 I've used Smogon before as a reference for team building. I've been playing on Showdown! and whatnot for a couple years now but I'm still not that great. I figured, if I wanted to get any better at this game, the best way would be to join the community and learn from the experienced players.

Favorite Mon is Lucario.

Favorite Meta is OU.

Favorite Region is Hoenn.

Hello! I've had an account here for a while, I guess, but I've never really used it. Most other Pokemon forums are basically dead now and Smogon seems like it's still alive and well.

Ereshkigal

Kur Kigal Irkalla !!!
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone. I am Tirander from France, 19 years old since November. I am on Showdown since 2013 but i left and came back and left and came back 2 or 3 times but I was not interested about Smogon, because I played for fun, until I understood that play "vanilla" Pokemon was not enough for me then I've decided to use Smogon. Now I try to play efficiently but it's not easy when you begin then I try to find how play more efficiently.

Now it's time to tell you my favourites Pokemon, Game, etc.

My favourite Pokemon isn't one of the best Pokemon in strategy. It's Scyther.

My favourite Pokemon Game is Pokemon Sapphire because it was my first game.

I often play OU but also in low tiers like UU, RU and LC.

Well I think that's all. Thanks you and have a good day (or a good night if you read this the night lol).

Hi im Thomas, im a girl irl but my parents named me that because they repudiate all forms of gender distinctions. My math teacher introduced me to pokemon diamond and i really loved it and wanted to play more, and even though hes not allowed to have contact with me any longer, i still want to play more and meet other players.

I dont know if i have a favorite pokemon, i liked the lickitung keychain teacher gave me when i got a perfect 110 (the 10 was extra credit) on a test, but when i told my mom that my teacher gave me a lickitung the police came and put it in evidence and i dont have it anymore so i guess maybe jigglypuff?

Anyways nice to meet you all have fun!! :heart:

Hiho my name is Dario, im Chilean from Iquique and... i decide to create an account on the forum because ever i look this page to check some info jjajaj :)
my favourite poke no competitive is Ninetales jaja and on competitive Tyranitar, also its a poke from old school :,D
I dont have much to say, but hiho all! and i hope so enjoy this community of pokemon
Cya! :D

Hi there I'm kingbaruk. I like pokemon and foremost teambuilding. I like teambuilding even more than playing. I want to try to share my teams and i hope some of you would use my teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)