Introducing - The OM Frontier!

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
There's no harm and well third time's a charm.
Challenging Zangooser for anything goes, Lets go!

EDIT: Won vs Zangooser http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-414216572
Cause HAXorus is OP

Now, next challenge!
Now challenging Dr. Phd. BJ to Tier Shift :O
I said to stop editing your posts with new challenges. It doesn't tag the user. Considering they're on a timer to accept matches within 24hrs, you need to give them a fair shot to see the challenge.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Challenging Paleo! sorry terrors, I may challenge you later if I lose!

Edit: It took 1 Pokemon to sweep my entire team, gg Paleo...

Last edited:
Won against megaqwer, gg.

EDIT: Keeping track and shit.

Won vs Megaqwer
Won vs xDayz
Lost vs Dragonite Drake
Won vs Glyx
Won vs Ransei
Won vs Grains of Salt
Won vs Dusk Raimon

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq

EV

Banned deucer.
Consecutive wins might be too hard. How to make this attainable but still challenging?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Consecutive wins might be too hard. How to make this attainable but still challenging?
I say to just be able to win a match in every OM against at least one brain. Still requires adequate knowledge of each meta, but makes the challenge more realistic imo.

A middle ground between those two would be to beat every brain at least once. That way you can't skip out on playing the strongest players, and it would reduce the chances that someone becomes champion by some fluke or pure hax.

Maybe remove the rule that any loss requires the start of a new streak, but give a time limit to the the challenge -- say, 1 week since your first win. Since the penalty for losing is a 24 hour ban from the frontier, losing limits the amount of time you have to complete the challenge but doesn't kick you out entirely. I think that would be both challenging and achievable, although it would put more pressure on brains for taking challenges in a timely manner.

Another option is to give each streak a number of "lives" -- something like 2-3. Each loss on your current streak removes a life, but your streak isn't discontinued until you lose all of them. This is less time-sensitive and as such might be a more realistic framework to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)