Issue #21 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Almost the whole summer has gone by since our last release of The Smog, the world's best Pokemon magazine for competitive and entertaining articles. Here we are, once again, to bring you our latest chapter, The Smog issue #21!

As with our last two releases, this one carries a lot of content -- 43 articles to be exact, making it our biggest rollout ever in the more than three years The Smog has been running. Similarly, the amount of artwork spread all over this issue's content is impressive, and our artists continue to be prolific at what they do. As you can imagine, planning and organizing this amount of work, which involves a lot of detail in a variety of aspects, is far from being a simple task. So I'd like to take a few seconds to thank and congratulate all of our hard-working contributors (this includes those who helped out catching last minute errors!) for making this possible! While I'm at it, I want to mention a few names that stood out and whose help was invaluable in bringing this issue to completion, they are: Birkal, Omicron, and sandshrewz. Big thank you and I hope to see you around next time!

Among the articles we are featuring this issue, we have of course our recurring series of Featured RMTs, Featured Pokemon, the Interview, as well as many other new and up and coming titles such as Pokemon Biology, Underrated Movesets, Metagame Analysis, CAP Report. We are also bringing back our series of Ask the Admins, which we plan to feature every issue from now on. All in all, I'm sure you're all going to have some fun and learn quite a bit while reading through this issue of The Smog. Go check it out and don't forget to leave a comment down below and give this thread a thumbs up!

Cheers!

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Birkal, Omicron, Setsuna, DTC, verbatim -- it was a pleasure having the last minute check with you! I also took part in 5 articles, 4 of which that I had to get done before my trip to US, and heck it was so fun! Fantastic issue guys!

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Great job on the issue guys, really liked the Top 10 least threatening Pokemon, nice read.

Looks awesome, but I haven't gotten through all of it yet. Thanks a ton as always.

You might want to check the nu rmt though, it uses skarm's sprite instead of swellow's.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For those of you looking for JAP-- a lot of stuff happened. Half the team leaving Smogon, or facing big changes in their lives, and I in the midst of a move back to Hawaii from Japan. I'd like to apologize to the readers for not being able to bring it through this time, but I promise that we'll be back in it in the next issue.

Thanks,

Chou

Everyone else: nice job pulling together another great issue!

Damn it, I missed release again ;-;

Great work everyone! This was a ton of fun to work on, and I think one of the strongest Smog issues yet! I can't wait to get rolling on issue 22 ^.^

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Had great fun working on it, especially all the last minute art sandz coerced me into doing haha!
xDD Thanks a lot for your art Ritter <333 Also to Birkal, Kythro, Danmire, Komodo, Rocket Grunt! :D Great issue and learnt a lot of stuff working with everyone. Good job everyone and thanks ^_^

Smog is getting so big with 40+ articles @.@ haha

Edit: ahhh sorry I left you out Bummer >.> oops.

Anyway, here's to an even better issue ahead! ^_^

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
My first time writing for the Smog and I must say it was great fun! Everyone was so helpful getting my articles off the ground, and the art done for them was incredible.

edit: When is the feedback poll going up?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Even more excellent than usual.
/yetanothercompliment

You should totally interview Zarel for the next one :P

This article needs an edit, all the text is a link to Gerard's profile.

Overall, good issue, I really enjoyed how you finally confronted the issue of stupid movesets. I wasn't really as impressed by the art in this issue, however, but the reading material was, once again, top-notch.

EDIT: Also, I think that Klink has some danger value to it. I mean, getting crunched by two spinning gears really isn't the most happy situation out there.

Dislike the 'Bottom of the Barrel' article a lot.
What's wrong with it? You're not being helpful if you just say "I dislike x" without reasons why! I personally thought it was an excellent article that was very informative.

The fact that there was no mention of Metang in the bottom of the barrel article is extremely upsetting to me. Obviously the NU writers of this issue are in support of Metang then! Molk will be very pleased.

Seriously though, good issue guys. Pretty entertaining read.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well it would have made no sense to include Metang, considering it wasn't even NU!

I blame the RU writer

What's wrong with it? You're not being helpful if you just say "I dislike x" without reasons why! I personally thought it was an excellent article that was very informative.
Ignoring how I've managed to use Scrafty quite well on my teams, I find it funny that Metagross is in that article, and the VERY NEXT ARTICLE is titled "Best of the Best" and Metagross is on that list as well.

The worst thing about the Smog is that I read it too quickly and have to wait another 2 and a half months to read something new.
Seriously, though, great work everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)