Issue #25 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Issue #25 is a great one on many levels, and I'm pleased to be the one introducing it to all of you. For the first time, we're releasing a new issue exactly a month after the previous one, and at the same time the amount of content we're bringing with it is on par with that of past releases that featured some unheard-of number of articles. There is a reason I highlighted the number of this release at the beginning, and that is because The Smog project has been going on for almost three years and a half, and we continue to expand, grow, and improve on many levels. But all of our accomplishments to date would have not been possible without the support of our audience and our contributors who always keep the magazine flowing with new ideas and things to do -- thank you.

Without further ado, here is issue #25! Cheers.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Even though my article was a bit confusing as far as the tag, it was a fun write, and I can't wait for next issue! Good job, everyone!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have to say this is remarkable with the variety of content and we are getting a great amount of humour and competitive information and better in-game and spin-off stuff. Some fantastic art is in here as well. Congrats to everyone who won a smog award, watch out Eo I now have an entire year to write.

Also that is a great cover collage, whoever came up with that idea for a Pokemon Biology collage must have been very clever.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
this was a fun experience as my first time writing for the smog, I definitely hope to help out more next time around. nice job guys!

I had a total blast this issue. It was oddly fun tallying Smog Awards as they came in and watching peeps rise and fall in the standings. Poketour was fun as always, too, and I always enjoy checking all of your grammar (and getting sneak peaks at all the articles) :3

I'm already pumped for next issue; it's awesome to see work getting started on it immediately after release ^.^

Wow, it felt really great doing this issue, my first step contributing to the smog felt great! Can't wait to continue drawing for you guys, it feels good to help out. :>

Congrats, this is a great issue like normal!

Great work guys! It felt great working for the smog again! A big thanks for the smog moderators you did a good job rushing us to get our articles finished when we were heading towards the release date. Thanks to the Grammer and HTML guys too.

I enjoyed doing the Poketour again and I look forward to keep contributing in the issue to come :)

looking forward to reading this issue after work! thanks for everyone's hard work on this issue!!
i really can't wait to draw for the next issue if i have time (:

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The artist for xy speculation is...xerneas? I thought i did it but i must be wrong.
sorry bout that; "xerneas" was just a placeholder during the HTML process and didn't end up getting changed upon release. you've been credited fully now (well upon being cached by a site staffer [aka asap]).

The artist for xy speculation is...xerneas? I thought i did it but i must be wrong.
I cached Mikel's correction myself just now. Although I wasn't there, I'm so sorry a careless mistake like that got to publication without being caught. :( Thanks for the lovely art and also for pointing the mistake out to us; it's really important to us that our contributors get their hard work attributed properly. <3

Congratulations to the Smog Awards recipients, and thanks to anyone who voted for me, haha. ^_^;; I'd also like to say welcome to all the new contributors -- artists, writers, HTMLers, and grammar editors -- who came aboard this issue! It's been a pleasure to meet you all, and your generous lending of your respective talents has all been appreciated immensely. It's great as always to work with everyone.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been having problems viewing the XY article as well.

Introduction

October 2013. It's coming. The first world-wide simultaneous release of a generation of Pokemon. Now we superior Anglophiles with our complex ban boutique OU metagames will be able to compete with the Japanese and their Dugtrio bans without waiting 6 months to localize Gablias into the Uber tier.

Now is the time to speculate on our greatest dreams and our worst nightma
And then it just stops and there is nothing beneath that.

Regardless, awesome issue as always! I'll consider contributing for a future issue...

A really bad issue with lots of misinformation and outdated trivia.
Kyurem-B and Victini not being "that good" in doubles? What the hell?
"This is probably one of the best bulky offense strategies you can employ in Standard Doubles." Erm?

Pros and Cons were listed for all strategies, and those two aren't without cons...

And people still care about suspect tests 6 and 7?
Consider that more of a historical piece. We also covered ADV and RBY this issue.

A really bad issue with lots of misinformation and outdated trivia.
Kyurem-B and Victini not being "that good" in doubles? What the hell?

And people still care about suspect tests 6 and 7?
We appreciate constructive criticism here at The Smog because we'd like to know how we can do better in the future, but if you don't know what that is, your comments aren't really needed. Sorry to hear you unequivocally hated the issue, though. It's always a shame to see someone who didn't enjoy the products of our hard work; hopefully you'll enjoy next issue more.

If you think you can do better, though, we do invite you to apply to contribute! We're always looking for enthusiastic new writers, and if you have an alternative perspective you'd like to be heard, The Smog might be an interesting platform for you.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I always wind up skimming most of the articles because they don't relate to how I play much, but they're always really well-written. However, "Do You Even Lift?" is one of my favorite sets of articles in the smog ever, even surpassing some of the really great competitive ones I loved a couple years ago in my opinion.

I just wanted to thank you guys for these great articles. There is always something new to learn from them. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)