Pet Mod Item Factory [THE MOD IS DEAD, DO NOT REVIVE]

- My Joy Buzzer
- My Spider Ring
- Aizaik's Rulebook
- Azaik's Red Cape
- zxgzxg's Kaleidoscope

Joy Buzzer allows teams to play against Knock Off in a unique way without making Knock Off instantly worthless.
Spider Ring fills the gap of an offensive healing item that can outpace leftovers with the proper support.
Rulebook makes it easier to figure out what each item does and enables item scouting since nothing wants to use Frisk.
Red Cape offers unique utility to make setup safer at the cost of a damage-boosting item/focus sash.
Kaleidoscope empowers coverage options that many Pokémon rely upon. I fear this item may overshadow Joker in most cases, but I think the item is still worth voting for.

I like Blood Amulet, but I think it's too weak to vote for. I'd like to see it resubmitted with a slightly stronger effect.
I worry that Captivating Poké Puff is a bit too strong in completely negating pivoting moves, but I like the idea of an anti-pivot item.
Muddle Bulb is a very good item for Contrary mons, but is near-worthless otherwise.
Steady Shield is admittedly a bit too strong for its cost, I'll likely resubmit it next slate with a x1.4 damage boost instead of a crit.
Volcanic/Polished Ore directly outclasses Occa/Passho berries and opens the door for more immunity items that don't seem healthy.
Detective Lens seems both too weak to see use and too deceptive to be played around effectively.
Rainbow Cloak gives me similar concerns, since it provides multiple resistances that the foe won't know of at first.
Ballistic Vest is a neat take on a defensive item that is just too strong.
Time Bomb doesn't really offer anything Rocky Helmet doesn't.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
zxgzxg's Kaleidoscope [sv]
Gravity Monkey's Detective Lens
Phoenix Alchemist's Spider Ring
Aizaik's Rainbow Cloak
Ema Skye's Volcanic/Polished Ore

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Gravity Monkey's Detective Lens
Azaik's Red Cape
Aizaik's Rainbow Cloak
Ema Skye's Volcanic/Polished Ore
zxgzxg's Kaleidoscope

VOTING IS CLOSED
Congratulations to our winners

zxgzxg's kaleidoscope, Ema Skye's Volcanic Ore/Polished Ore, and Phoenix_Alchemist's spider ring.

We're going to get into our discussion. During this time there will also be a tie breaker for the following three items, all of which are from Aizaik
View attachment 311845
Item Name: Rulebook
Item Effect: When the user or an opposing Pokemon switches in, if the opposing Pokemon has an item, the user displays the following message: "[user]'s Rulebook identified [opponent]'s [opponent's item]!". This item cannot be knocked off by moves with the effect of Knock Off.
Flavor: A handy guide to Item Factory. Know the items and enforce the rules!
This item exists to keep the metagame healthy by being a safeguard against our items becoming too obscure, unclear, or hard to identify. It also offers respectable defensive utility by absorbing Knock Off. It falls into the small category of moves, abilities, and items that deal with the informational side of the game -- which gives it special properties. For one, it can make it easier for new players to learn the users and functions of each item. Experienced players, however, can take advantage of that definite information to build a game plan -- which is especially valuable in metagames where many Pokemon run multiple items. It is most likely to see use on pivots that already have traits that reduce their reliance on Heavy-Duty Boots or Leftovers, such as Clefable or Slowbro.

Design Notes:
  • Since I last submitted it during the first slate, it has seen a number of changes:
    • The item's name has been changed from Guidebook to Rulebook, to thematically warrant the anti-knockoff measures.
    • The item now gives information when the user or the opponent switches in, granting the item significantly greater consistency.
    • The item now blocks Knock Off. Trick is intentionally not blocked, as I believe that trick is a healthy form of item specific counterplay because it involves a lot more investment from the user, and makes items *more* dynamic in the match, not less.

:sm/Clefable:
Clefable @ Rulebook View attachment 311845
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

:sm/Slowbro:
Slowbro @ Rulebook View attachment 311845
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

View attachment 314394
Item Name: Rainbow Cloak
Item Effect: If the user is Normal type, the power of the user's non-STAB moves is increased by 50%, and when the user takes damage from an attack that isn't Fighting type, that damage is reduced by 50% for each move that the user has of the same type as the attack.
Flavor: A beautiful cloak that charges Normal types with supernatural power.
Normal types have it hard -- they can hardly switch into anything, and often rely on non-STAB coverage to check the few Pokemon that they can. They work best as blanket checks, but they can seldom specialize enough to adapt to their metagame -- until now. With the help of Rainbow Cloak, Normal types gain new switchins and the offensive effectiveness that they need to succeed, and can choose their movepool to be tailor-made for the current metagame. This is the best way to make Normal types other than Chansey or Blissey viable and interesting.

:sm/kangaskhan:
Kangaskhan (F) @ Rainbow Cloak View attachment 314394
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Thunder Punch

This set makes Kangaskhan into a check to Fire, Ground, Water, and Electric types, being able to pseudo-resist and respond super-effectively against all of them.

View attachment 314800
Item Name: Red Cape
Item Effect: After the user switches in, the opposing Pokemon receives the effect of the move Taunt -- preventing them from using status moves for 3 turns -- and the following message is displayed: "[opponent] was enraged by [user]'s Red Cape!". The item is then consumed. Items and abilities that block the effect of Taunt also prevent the effect of Red Cape.
Flavor: A self-aggrandizing cape of an enraging shade of red that causes opponents to become enraged.
This is the result of my thought "What is a fair way of preventing hazards from being set up using an item?", and developed into an item that can claim a niche for many different reasons. For one thing, it is a consumable item that immediately takes effect upon switchin -- an ideal item for Unburden users, who are usually stuck with less consistent pinch berries or terrain seeds. It can prevent hazards, prevent setup, block recovery moves, pressure stall, and provide your own setup opportunities -- all upon switchin. The possibilities with this item are extensive -- but its single, immediate usage means that, while it may do one of those things, it won't be doing all of them in the same game. It is up to the user to decide how long it is worth it to preserve the red cape, which creates interesting choices and interactions in-game -- and the item's catering to Unburden users ensures that it will be able to bring these positive qualities to competitive play.

:sm/hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Red Cape View attachment 314800
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Throat Chop

I'm really happy about how much thematic and mechanical synergy this item has with Hawlucha :)
You'll have two days to vote and discuss potential sets for the items in question.​

Last edited:
  • Rulebook -- An item designed specifically for the health of this pet mod, which makes it especially important.
  • Captivating Poke Puff -- An item that addresses concerns with the current OU metagame by creating interesting interactions around pivoting moves.
  • Rainbow Cloak -- An item that does a big favor to Normal types not named Blissey or Chansey -- which is much needed, as no other Normal types are currently in UU or higher.
  • Red Cape -- An item that fills a bunch of little niches that no other item has before in a way that makes battles more interactive. An ideal item for Unburden users.
Based off of opinions that I've already established, I'll be voting I would be voting for Rulebook. Below are some sets for Kaleidoscope, the item that I think is the biggest contribution of the newly confirmed items this slate:
:sm/basculin:
Basculin @ Kaleidoscope
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Aqua Jet

:sm/porygon-z:
Porygon-Z @ Kaleidoscope
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot

:swsh/toxtricity:
Toxtricity @ Kaleidoscope
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

I definitely think that Boomburst Toxtricity is the strongest -- Boomburst was already its strongest move without STAB; Kaleidoscope will boost it to obscene levels.

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Gonna vote Red Cape, I don’t think it’s as problematic as people seem to think it is and it’s a lot more useful than Rulebook.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Almost forgot to credit Aizaik for Kaleidoscope's name. Thanks, dude

Voting for Red Cape.

Porygon-Z @ Kaleidoscope
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Aizaik already brought up the BoltBeam set, but this set snipes things like Blissey and G-Slowking. You get walled by Steel-types, though.

Crawdaunt @ Kaleidoscope
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Magearna @ Kaleidoscope
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind

Probably worse than Weakness Policy, but at least you get better initial damage with STAB Stored Power.

Dragapult @ Spider Ring
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Pair with a T-spiker and live forever. Might be worse than HDB, but idk.

Based off of opinions that I've already established, I'll be voting for Rulebook. Below are some sets for Kaleidoscope, the item that I think is the biggest contribution of the newly confirmed items this slate:
:sm/basculin:
Basculin @ Kaleidoscope
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Aqua Jet

:sm/porygon-z:
Porygon-Z @ Kaleidoscope
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot

:swsh/toxtricity:
Toxtricity @ Kaleidoscope
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

I definitely think that Boomburst Toxtricity is the strongest -- Boomburst was already its strongest move without STAB; Kaleidoscope will boost it to obscene levels.
Aiziak I'm sorry but the rules still apply even if the tiebreaker is for items done by the same person. Your vote doesn't count.
In case of a tie, a tiebreaker will be held. The users who are part of the tie are not allowed to vote in the tiebreaker round.

THE TIEBREAKER HAS ENDED
Aizaik's Rulebook is the winner and with that our discussion slate is also over so we can get into the last submission slate before playtesting begins.

THE DAWN OF A NEW SUBMISSION SLATE IS UPON US
However this time around there's a catch. I've noticed a lack of revamped items so to fix it this slate will only have revamp items.
For this I recommend using pikalytics and going on the OU sections to see if the item is used frequently.
You'll have a week to sub your items as per usual.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:protector:
Item Name: Protector
Old Effect: Evolves Rhydon into Rhyperior when traded.
New Effect:
Protects holder from the secondary effects of moves used by the opponent (Shield Dust effects).
Flavor (optional):
It "protects" you from secondary effects. Yeah it doesn't make too much sense, I originally wanted to use it with Safety Goggles but was reminded that Safety Goggles are useful on shedinja so.
Justification:
Protects you from Scald Burns or Moonblast drops as well as random RNG.

Will post more stuff later.

Ema Skye

Work!
Item Name: Sachet
Old Effect: Evolves Spritzee
New Effect: Inflicts Torment on foe if they use a contact move.
Flavor (optional): Overwhelming smells torment your nasal passages
Justification: Niche option to stop physical attackers or choice options

Item Name: Upgrade
Old Effect: Evolves Porygon
New Effect: The first attacking move this Pokemon uses is increased in power by 1.3x. Single use.
Flavor (optional): Upgrades the attack
Justification: Condenses all of the Gen 5 gems into a single item, but limits its ability for surprising mons with a coverage move like Z Moves did.

Item Name: Whipped Dream
Old Effect: Evolves Swirlix
New Effect: Prevents holder from falling asleep
Flavor (optional): Evolves the Sweet Veil Pokemon so turn the ability into the item ig
Justification: fu spore

Item Name: Odd Incense
Old Effect: Twisted Spoon clone + breed Mime Jr
New Effect: Turns Normal-type moves into Psychic-type moves. Reveals itself on entry.
Flavor (optional): Boosts damage but doesn't make it a clone.
Justification: Give up your item slot for Hidden Power or stronger STAB, essentially

Item Name: Dubious Disk
Old Effect: Evolves Porygon2
New Effect: Turns Normal-type moves into Dark-type moves. Reveals itself on entry.
Flavor (optional): Dubious suggests it's nefarious.
Justification: Give up your item slot for Hidden Power or stronger STAB, essentially

Item Name: Rose Incense
Old Effect: Miracle Seed clone + breed Budew
New Effect: Turns Normal-type moves into Grass-type moves. Reveals itself on entry.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
1613937755776.png

Item Name: Big Root
Old Effect: Holder gains 1.3x HP from draining/Aqua Ring/Ingrain/Leech Seed/Strength Sap.
New Effect: Holder gains 1.3x HP from draining/Aqua Ring/Ingrain/Leech Seed/Strength Sap, boosts the damage of Draining attacks by 1.5x
Justification: A slight boost that allows moves like Draining Kiss or Leech Life to be very benefitial to the users while still dealing decent damage. Will likely be mostly used on Bulky Offense mons.

1613937808775.png

Item Name: Adrenaline Orb
Old Effect: Boosts Speed by 1 when Intimidated (Not single use)
New Effect:
Boosts highest stat by 1 when a stat gets lowered by external means (Not single use)
Justification:
Allows for a mini defiant, good for Spinblocking purposes (And as this is still OU you have a likely chance to meet Intimidate Tiger regardless)

1613939976448.png

Item Name: Electirizer
Old Effect: No in-battle use
New Effect:
If holder is an Electric type, turns Normal moves into Electric
Justification:
Allows Physical Electric Types to have good stabs

Item Name: Stable Mulch
Old Effect: Makes Berries stay on plant for 150% of usual time before dropping off
New Effect: Removes terrains on switch in.
Flavor (optional): This mulch stabilizes the ground and removes the effects of terrains.
Justification: An great way for pivots to cancel out the effects of terrain.

:lucky_punch:
Item Name: Lucky Punch
Old Effect: An item to be held by Chansey. This pair of lucky boxing gloves will boost Chansey's critical-hit ratio.
New Effect: When this pokemon uses a fist move, the power is multiplied by 1.05 and crit ratio is raised one stage. (Consumed after first use)
Flavor : More fist=stronger punch. Also, its lucky and is capable of summoning crit hax.
Justification:
Can make pokemon with iron fist hit like a truck, take a mon out, and then crit hax through the rest.

:reaper_cloth:
Item Name: Reaper Cloth
Old Effect: No competitive use.
New Effect: When this pokemon knocks out another, this pokemon restores 1/2 of the damage that was done to the pokemon that it knocked out. Also stops Soul Heart from working.
Flavor: The pokemon reaps the souls of its victims, and adds them to its collection. (So hood scythe guy meets the four armed uncivilized robot guy)
Justification: The weapon of a revenge killer and offensive mon without recovery.

:grip_claw:
Item Name: Grip Claw
Old Effect: An item to be held by a Pokémon. It extends the duration of multi-turn attacks, such as Bind and Wrap.
New Effect: When the opponent switches out, at the end of the turn this pokemon is also swapped out.
Flavor: The claw grips the opponent and when it swaps out the claw moves too.
Justification: For when the opponent brings out the mon that you have a counter to but can't bring out because it's too frail and would get ohkoed.

Last edited:

Item Name: Heart Scale
Old Effect: In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald and all games from Generation IV until Generation VIII, it can be given to a Move Reminder to teach one move to one Pokémon. No in-battle use.
New Effect: The user's move categories act like before the physical/special split happened. poll to decide what fairy should be treated as here.
Justification: Allows some interesting interactions, some examples include dragapult getting a physical ghost stab with shadow ball, arctozolt getting a decent special combination on blizzard + bolt beak and special attackers hitting hard with knock off. Giving up on items like leftovers or life orb for something like this is rather niche but can certainly work with some pokemon, if you can't really come up with a use for this item something as simple as tricking a sweeper this can really mess up the opponent's gameplan.

-

-

-

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:utility umbrella:
Item: Utility Umbrella
Old Effect: The holder ignores the effects of rain and sun.
New Effect: The holder's rain-based abilities are active during sun and vice versa. Abilities are still active in their original weathers.
Niche: Diversifies weather teams by giving Venusaur, Heliolisk, and Seismitoad a chance to function on different weathers.

:pecha berry:
Item Name: Pecha Berry
Old Effect: Holder is cured if it is poisoned. Single use.
New Effect: If this Pokemon is poisoned, changes this Pokemon's ability to Poison Heal for the rest of the match. Single use.
Niche: Anti-stall? Good for stall? Idk I thought it was cool since all the PHeal mons got dexited

Just a friendly reminder that you have 24 hours remaining to vote. Anyway I will be doing a bit of a sub review.
:protector:
Item Name: Protector
Old Effect: Evolves Rhydon into Rhyperior when traded.
New Effect: Protects holder from the secondary effects of moves used by the opponent (Shield Dust effects).
Flavor (optional): It "protects" you from secondary effects. Yeah it doesn't make too much sense, I originally wanted to use it with Safety Goggles but was reminded that Safety Goggles are useful on shedinja so.
Justification: Protects you from Scald Burns or Moonblast drops as well as random RNG.

Will post more stuff later.
This is fine, however I don't really know what would use this. It probably has a niche on defensive mons but idk what mon would specifically use it.
Item Name: Sachet
Old Effect: Evolves Spritzee
New Effect: Inflicts Torment on foe if they use a contact move.
Flavor (optional): Overwhelming smells torment your nasal passages
Justification: Niche option to stop physical attackers or choice options

Item Name: Upgrade
Old Effect: Evolves Porygon
New Effect: The first attacking move this Pokemon uses is increased in power by 1.3x.
Flavor (optional): Upgrades the attack
Justification: Condenses all of the Gen 5 gems into a single item, but limits its ability for surprising mons with a coverage move like Z Moves did.

Item Name: Whipped Dream
Old Effect: Evolves Swirlix
New Effect: Prevents holder from falling asleep
Flavor (optional): Evolves the Sweet Veil Pokemon so turn the ability into the item ig
Justification: fu spore

Item Name: Odd Incense
Old Effect: Twisted Spoon clone + breed Mime Jr
New Effect: Turns Normal-type moves into Psychic-type moves. Reveals itself on entry.

Item Name: Dubious Disk
Old Effect: Evolves Porygon2
New Effect: Turns Normal-type moves into Dark-type moves. Reveals itself on entry.
Flavor (optional): Dubious suggests it's nefarious.

Item Name: Rose Incense
Old Effect: Miracle Seed clone + breed Budew
New Effect: Turns Normal-type moves into Grass-type moves. Reveals itself on entry.
The two items I have an issue with is the whipped dream. This item is too niche for its own good since sleep isn't super common in OU right now. I really see no use in it especially when chesto and lum berries have a similar effect. I can also see the Upgrade being a bit much on stuff like Melmetal since it getting that 30% power boost on DBI with no real drawbacks could be very annoying to deal with. Outside of that I feel as though the other items would have a niche of some sort on certain mons.

View attachment 317669
Item Name: Big Root
Old Effect: Holder gains 1.3x HP from draining/Aqua Ring/Ingrain/Leech Seed/Strength Sap.
New Effect: Holder gains 1.3x HP from draining/Aqua Ring/Ingrain/Leech Seed/Strength Sap, boosts the damage of Draining attacks by 1.5x
Justification: A slight boost that allows moves like Draining Kiss or Leech Life to be very benefitial to the users while still dealing decent damage. Will likely be mostly used on Bulky Offense mons.

View attachment 317670
Item Name: Adrenaline Orb
Old Effect: Boosts Speed by 1 when Intimidated (Not single use)
New Effect: Boosts highest stat by 1 when a stat gets lowered by external means (Not single use)
Justification: Allows for a mini defiant, good for Spinblocking purposes (And as this is still OU you have a likely chance to meet Intimidate Tiger regardless)

View attachment 317681
Item Name: Electirizer
Old Effect: No in-battle use
New Effect: If holder is an Electric type, turns Normal moves into Electric
Justification: Allows Physical Electric Types to have good stabs
I generally like all of these items, especially electrizier since as you said most physical electric types really lack good physical stabs.

:lucky_punch:
Item Name: Lucky Punch
Old Effect: An item to be held by Chansey. This pair of lucky boxing gloves will boost Chansey's critical-hit ratio.
New Effect: When this pokemon uses a fist move, the power is multiplied by 1.2 and crit ratio is raised one stage. (Consumed after first use)
Flavor : More fist=stronger punch. Also, its lucky and is capable of summoning crit hax.
Justification:
Can make pokemon with iron fist hit like a truck, take a mon out, and then crit hax through the rest.

:reaper_cloth:
Item Name: Reaper Cloth
Old Effect: No competitive use.
New Effect: When this pokemon knocks out another, this pokemon restores 1/2 of the damage that was done by the pokemon that it knocked out. Also stops Soul Heart from working.
Flavor: The pokemon reaps the souls of its victims, and adds them to its collection. (So hood scythe guy meets the four armed uncivilized robot guy)
Justification: The weapon of a revenge killer and offensive mon without recovery.

:grip_claw:
Item Name: Grip Claw
Old Effect: An item to be held by a Pokémon. It extends the duration of multi-turn attacks, such as Bind and Wrap.
New Effect: When the opponent switches out, at the end of the turn this pokemon is also swapped out.
Flavor: The claw grips the opponent and when it swaps out the claw moves too.
Justification: For when the opponent brings out the mon that you have a counter to but can't bring out because it's too frail and would get ohkoed.
Alright so I think lucky punch needs to drop the power multiplier all together. I like what this is trying to do but I feel as though the power boost can be a bit much on again Melmetal. I would change it to just having the pokemon's crit ratio go up by one stage when it uses a fist move.
The reaper cloth seems a bit situational and I think it would be better if you said it restores 1/2 of the damage that was done to the pokemon that it knocked out since it pretty much always gets something out of that. Also I'll allow you to keep the soul heart effect since magearna is magone from OU.

Item Name: Heart Scale
Old Effect: In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald and all games from Generation IV until Generation VIII, it can be given to a Move Reminder to teach one move to one Pokémon. No in-battle use.
New Effect: The user's move categories act like before the physical/special split happened. poll to decide what fairy should be treated as here.
Justification: Allows some interesting interactions, some examples include dragapult getting a physical ghost stab with shadow ball, arctozolt getting a decent special combination on blizzard + bolt beak and special attackers hitting hard with knock off. Giving up on items like leftovers or life orb for something like this is rather niche but can certainly work with some pokemon, if you can't really come up with a use for this item something as simple as tricking a sweeper this can really mess up the opponent's gameplan.

-

-

-
I like this item a lot. While I agree it is certainly a niche pick it could lead to some very interesting results. Also by the looks of the poll now. Fairy is probably going to end up as a special type.

:utility umbrella:
Item: Utility Umbrella
Old Effect: The holder ignores the effects of rain and sun.
New Effect: The holder's rain-based abilities are active during sun and vice versa. Abilities are still active in their original weathers.
Niche: Diversifies weather teams by giving Venusaur, Heliolisk, and Seismitoad a chance to function on different weathers.

:pecha berry:
Item Name: Pecha Berry
Old Effect: Holder is cured if it is poisoned. Single use.
New Effect: If this Pokemon is poisoned, changes this Pokemon's ability to Poison Heal for the rest of the match. Single use.
Niche: Anti-stall? Good for stall? Idk I thought it was cool since all the PHeal mons got dexited
I generally think Utility Umbrella is going to go in rain's favor as opposed to sun, just because of how the a lot of sun based abilities are given to grass types that don't need to worry about the rain debuff, despite that I find this to be a very interesting item that could help bring lower mons up into the higher tiers.
Pecha Berry seems fine given that most of the walls in OU are poison, steel, or in a position that they won't want to trade their abilities. Despite this I can see this being a niche pick on Blissey. Toxic Spikes is somewhat common in OU due to toxapex so there is a decent chance of this item being used.

Last edited:

JonAmon 25

Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
is a Pre-Contributor
:destiny knot:
Item Name: Destiny Knot
Old Effect: If the holder becomes infatuated, the other pokemon also becomes infatuated.
New Effect:
If this item gets removed by an opposing Pokemon, the opposing Pokemon also loses their item and deals 50% of damage back from Knock Off.
Flavor (optional):
Basically the same idea as the old effect except for items instead of Attract
Justification:
In a metagame full of new items, how about an item that punishes Knock Off spam trying to remove them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)