Pet Mod Item Factory [THE MOD IS DEAD, DO NOT REVIVE]

Accepted by AquaticPanic, thanks for this.
item factory.png
Welcome to the item factory home to items of all kinds! Do you wanna make some items? How about turn those old items into something new? If you answered yes then come on down and get to work!

GENERAL INFORMATION:
This pet mod will be based on the Gen 8 OU meta meaning it will follow the bans and clauses within that meta itself. The only exception to this is one Pokémon from another pet mod that I have added due to my weird relationship with it. The mod itself will have 21 items.

SUBMISSION PHASE:
Submissions are going to last for a week. You can submit up to six items per slate. As long as there's at most six items on the submission post and they follow the rules it's fair game. Keep your submissions to one post and generally avoid posting multiple times in a row. Likewise some slates may be more focused on certain kinds of items (ie signature items, berries), and during those it's best that you follow the rules for the slate.

VOTING PHASE:
The voting phase lasts for five days. You can vote for up to ten items, similar to FE. Also similar to FE the top 4 items will be added onto the production line.
In case of a tie, a tiebreaker will be held. The users who are part of the tie are not allowed to vote in the tiebreaker round.

You only get THREE self votes.

DISCUSSION PHASE:
This will last for two days. During this time you are more than welcome to make sets and explain how these items will effect the mod as a whole.

RULES:
  1. If an item is already prevalent in the OU meta it cannot be revamped. Revamped items are more reserved for something like charcoal or the blunder policy rather than say the assault vest or choice scarf.
  2. Berries are fair game for both revamps and additions so go ahead make the almighty lomand berry.
  3. New items should try to not just mimic the same exact effects as currently existing items. For example if you make a black sludge clone that heals only fire types then it's fine, but if you just make leftovers 2 then it's no good. Likewise making a worse version of an existing item or a better version of an existing item (IE white herb but it allows for two uses or a healing item that heals 1/32nd of the users HP at the end of every turn) that's also gonna be rejected.
  4. Try to keep the items balanced. Think of items you'd want to see included rather than items you'd add to utterly destroy the OU meta.
  5. No Mega Stones or Z-Crystals for any slate. There are other mods for that, so please check those out.
  6. Unless specified in the slate, no signature items. IE don't make an item specifically for Dunsparce, if the slate didn't specify it.
  7. If an item got cut from gen 8 or hasn't appeared since like gen 3 it's still fair game for revamps. As long as it's appeared in a main series game it's valid.
  8. TRs, TMs, and HMs are not eligible for revamps or additions.
  9. I don't really know if I have to say this but please don't revamp key items.
  10. Speed boosting items, similar to choice scarf, can only be boosted by 1.5x as to not complicate speed tiers.
  11. If an item has been successfully revamped, as in it has won the slate, and another item later on has its original effect but better it is allowed since at that point it wouldn't outclass the original item.
    Say someone revamps shell bell to prevent critical hits and it wins the slate. From that point any future slate is allowed to have an item that can mimic the effect of shell bell but have improvements such as it can't be knocked off. This can happen up until an item like that wins in which case if someone makes an item with the borderline same effect it would be rejected due to rule number 3.

SUBMISSION TEMPLATES
Item Name:
Item Effect:
Flavor (optional):
Justification:

Item Name:
Old Effect:
New Effect:
Flavor (optional):
Justification:

COUNCIL:
Revenge of Depressed Gay
hopefully some more people join who both have interest in this pet mod and experience running pet mods themselves

OTHER SEMI-IMPORTANT THINGS THAT I HAVE YET OT MENTION
There is a spreadsheet and a discord server

Last edited:
Alright three reserves seems fine.

Anyway let the subbing begin, and for this first slate I just want you to show me what your made of and submit the items you think will be good additions.

Oh and don't think I forgot about the new Pokémon who's joining this mod.

Pokémon: Dinodily
Stats: 125/102/74/90/61/148
Type:

Abilities: Shell Armor/Delta Stream/Battery
Additional moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Ice Shard, Zen Headbutt, Plasma Fists, Toxic Spikes, Blue Flare, Lunge, Spirit Shackle, Psychic Fangs, Icicle Spear, Ice Beam, Volt Tackle, Rapid Spin, Sunsteel Strike, Switcheroo, Superpower, Grav Apple
Confusion, Vital Throw, Thousand Waves, Mega Drain, Poison Powder, Mimic, Snarl, Spark, Howl, Submission, Feather Dance, Fly, Dark Void, Night Daze, Heavy Slam, Aurora Beam, Iron Tail, Blast Burn, Beat Up, Water Pulse

Oh and don't think I forgot about the new Pokémon who's joining this mod.

Pokémon: Dinodily
Stats: 125/102/74/90/61/148
Type:

Abilities: Shell Armor/Delta Stream/Battery
Additional moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Ice Shard, Zen Headbutt, Plasma Fists, Toxic Spikes, Blue Flare, Lunge, Spirit Shackle, Psychic Fangs, Icicle Spear, Ice Beam, Volt Tackle, Rapid Spin, Sunsteel Strike, Switcheroo, Superpower, Grav Apple
Confusion, Vital Throw, Thousand Waves, Mega Drain, Poison Powder, Mimic, Snarl, Spark, Howl, Submission, Feather Dance, Fly, Dark Void, Night Daze, Heavy Slam, Aurora Beam, Iron Tail, Blast Burn, Beat Up, Water Pulse
What the fuck, why?

Anyway, here's an item.

Cozy Sweater
Halves the damage of incoming Ice attacks, but doubles the damage of incoming Fire attacks. Gets destroyed if the holder is hit with a Fire attack.

I originally thought of this as a joke for Mega Leavanny in Megas for All, and now that this is a thing I figured it would be a good place to put it. It's a sweater. It's nice and warm, which protects from the cold, but it's also flammable.

Item Name: Choice Armor
Item Effect: Holder's Defense is 1.5x, but it can only select the first move it executes.

Item Name: Ice Pack
Item Effect: If the holder is burned, they are cured of their burn and their attack is raised by one stage. Single use.

Item Name: Earmuffs
Item Effect: Holder is immune to Fake Out flinches.

Item Name: Bullet Lens
Item Effect: All ballistic moves will never miss.
(Bullet Seed and Rock Blast still have the 2-5 hits thing)

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:berserk gene:
Item Name: Berserk Gene
Old Effect: On switch-in, raises the user's attack by 2 stages but confuses them. Single use.
New Effect: If the holder is hit by a super effective move, its attack, special attack and speed rise by 1 stage.
Flavor: Kinda similar to weakness policy but trades power for speed. Slower pokemons will usually prefer berserk gene while faster ones will use weakness policy.

:absorb bulb:
Item Name: Absorb Bulb
Old Effect: Raises holder's Sp. Atk by 1 stage if hit by a Water-type attack. Single use.
New Effect: Raises holder's Sp.Atk by 1 stage if hit by a Water-type attack. Grants Water immunity. Single use.

:cell battery:
Item Name: Cell Battery
Old Effect: Raises holder's attack by 1 stage if hit by an electric type attack. Single use.
New Effect: Raises holder's attack by 1 stage if hit by an electric type attack. Grants Electric immunity. Single use.
Flavor: An immunity can be very helpful. The problem with Cell Battery and Absorb Bulb is that they give boosts when hit with an attack of a certain type but they're not reliable or worth using over other stat boosting items like the choiced items and the stat boosting berries. This simple buff of making the user immune to a certain type makes them more similar to air ballon which is an item that sees somewhat common play. I think this buff would make absorb bulb and cell battery see a lot more play.

:muscle band:
Item Name: Muscle Band
Old Effect: Holder's physical attack have 1.1x power.
New Effect: Holder's physical attack have 1.3x power but its speed is halved.

:wise glasses:
Item Name: Wise Glasses
Old Effect: Holder's special attack have 1.1x power
New Effect: Holder's special attack have 1.3x power but its speed is halved.
Flavor: Another duo of items. New Muscle Band and Wise Glasses are gonna be very good on Trick Room teams or on pokemons that don't care much about their speed such as Swords Dance Rillaboom, Bisharp or Scizor.

Item Name: Slippery Sled
Item Effect: Increases holder's speed by 50% under hail and makes them immune to hail damage.
Flavor: This could make hail viable because every pokemon has access to that 50% boost from hail thanks to that item while other weathers only give the speed boost to pokemons with a specific ability.

Last edited:
Item: Ice pack
Effect: If statused, Heals 1/16 HP per turn, but deals 1/16 HP if the status condition is freezing. negates any effect from the status con, except freeze
Reason: A nice boost to Status-weak mons, and is worth using over lefties sometimes

Item: Spiral cookie
Effect: Reverts type matchups of moves that hit this mon, is consumed after reaching below 1/2 hp, affects sr
Reason: Makes mons with bad defensive typing be able to thrive

more to come

COUNCIL:
Revenge of Depressed Gay
hopefully some more people join who both have interest in this pet mod and experience running pet mods themselves
Im applying for council. I know you rejected this once, but at that time i didnt run dlcmons and counciled assist wars, and this mod seems really fun, too

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Item Name: Joker
Item Effect: This pokemon's moves that are not STAB deal 1.3x damage.
Flavor (optional): A joker card.

Item Name: Detective Lens
Item Effect: Lets a move that would normally not affect the target actually affect it. Single-Use.
Flavor (optional): Idk detectives are good at finding people ig

Item Name: Blood Amulet
Item Effect: This pokemon's moves deal 1.1x damage. This item cannot be tricked, knocked off or consumed in any way.
Flavor (optional): Fuck knock off and fuck trick

Last edited:
Item Name: Pointed Lens
Item Effect: Changes Special Moves to physical ones.

Item Name: Glossy Band
Item Effect: Changes Physical Moves to special ones.
Alright after thinking about this some more I feel as though there needs to be some power reduction for these two. Mostly because of moves like draco meteor, overheat, superpower, and leaf storm. I think the last thing people want to see are garchomp and salamence spamming draco meteor without consequences to damage. Maybe reduce the power of the moves by 15% so the effect isn't too crippling.

AquaticPanic also suggested that the stat drops change to the corresponding stat as well. IE Draco Meteor reduces attack rather than special attack.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Item Name: Solar Panel
Item Effect: Heals 50% of the users maximum HP in Sun and gets removed in any other weather. (Single-Use)

Item Name: Heavy Armor
Item Effect: Increases the users Defence by 50%, but the user can only use damaging moves.

Item Name: Snowball
Old Effect: Increases user Attack by one stage if hit by an Ice move. (Single-Use)
New Effect: Increases the BP of Ice moves by 10% everytime they get used. The boost increases to 25% in hail.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
1606666823314.png

Item Name: Knockback Bat
Item Effect: Bounces back ballistic moves at the pokémon who used them. Breaks after the third use.
Flavor (optional):
The holder swings a wooden bat at any balls they feel threatened by. This has also led to wild pokémon who found this item to fling pokéballs back at trainers who were trying to catch them.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:light ball:
Item Name: Static Orb
Item Effect: Attempts to paralyze the holder at the end of every turn.

:everstone:
Item Name: Everstone
Item Effect: Increases the Attack and Special Attack of non-fully evolved Pokemon by x1.5

:lax incense:
Item Name: Lax Incense
Old Effect: The accuracy of attacks against the holder is 0.9x.
New Effect: At the end of every turn, holder restores 1/10 of its max HP and lowers its Speed by 1.

Last edited:
Alright after thinking about this some more I feel as though there needs to be some power reduction for these two. Mostly because of moves like draco meteor, overheat, superpower, and leaf storm. I think the last thing people want to see are garchomp and salamence spamming draco meteor without consequences to damage. Maybe reduce the power of the moves by 15% so the effect isn't too crippling.

AquaticPanic also suggested that the stat drops change to the corresponding stat as well. IE Draco Meteor reduces attack rather than special attack.
I made it so that the stat drops are swapped. Thanks!

Item Name: Honey
Old Effect: In gens IV-VII it was used to attract pokemon. Gen VIII turned it into a selling item.
New Effect: It boosts the holder's accuracy by 20%, but it also makes moves against the holder more accurate by 20%.
Flavor (optional): Honey kind of has no purpose at all now, so let's give it one. The logic here is that by holding the sweet honey your foes would come closer to you and thus easier to hit, however since they're closer to you they'll also hit you.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Item Name: Snowball
Old Effect: Increases attack when hit by an Ice move. Single use.
New Effect: When the Pokemon with this item enters battle, it consumes this item and hits the foe with a 10BP Ice-type move (bypasses accuracy checks).
Flavor: Snowball fight!

Item Name: Sticky Barb
Old Effect: At the end of the turn, the holder takes 12.5% of its HP as damage. If a Pokemon without an item makes contact with the holder, Sticky Barb transfers to the other Pokemon.
New Effect: At the end of the turn, the holder takes 12.5% of its HP as damage. If a Pokemon makes contact with the holder, or if the holder makes contact with another Pokemon, the other Pokemon's item is removed and the Sticky Barb is transferred.
Flavor: It's spiky so you're going to drop something you're holding because it hurts like hell.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Item Name: Bright Jewel
Item Effect: If the opponent attempts to remove the user's item, they lose 1/6th of their max HP. This item cannot be removed.

Item Name: Light Feather
Item Effect: If the user moves before the target, their attacking move gains a 1.2x boost in power. The boost does not activate if the opponent switches.

Item Name: Nine-Volt Battery
Item Effect: Upon switchin, the user's Speed boosts by 1 stage. After each turn, their Speed then drops by 12 stages. Only works if the holder is part Electric-type.

I've also coded all three of these so if any of these subs wins, I'll have that ready. They may be shoddily-done, though, since I'm really not the best at this.

Item Name: Boomerang
Item Effect: If the holder uses Fling while holding this, this Item returns to them at the end of the turn. (90 BP)
Flavor: Itsa boomer ang. Ya thro et, 'nd et comez bak.
Uses: You can use this to turn Fling into a spamable move instead of a dead move slot after one use. (BTW who else thought that Fling got snapped out of existence?)

Item Name: Macho Brace
Old Effect: Halves holder's Speed in battle, and doubles the EVs they gain from that battle.
New Effect: Halves holder's Speed in battle, and boosts attack power by x1.3
Uses: An offensive item for slow mons that doesn't harm longevity or choice lock them. Extra good in Trick Room.
(BTW don't know if this effects it's legality as a submission but I submitted it to SylveMons a while back and it got in, just fyi in case that matters.)

Item Name: Boxing Gloves
Item Effect: Punching moves deal x1.2 more damage, and are protected from adverse contact effects.
Flavor: In real life, bare-knuckle boxers don't hit as hard as gloved boxers, because the padding from boxing gloves allows a boxer to hit harder without risking injuring their hand.

Item Name: Crash Helmet
Item Effect: Holder takes no recoil damage from their own moves.
Uses: There are several Pokemon that would love if they could have Rock Head in addition to their own ability. Talonflame is probably the most obvious, since this would let it keep Gale Wings active after a Brave Bird.

Item Name: Retro Rulebook
Item Effect: If holder KO's an opposing Pokemon with a Recharge move, (ie Hyper Beam, Rock Wrecker, etc), they consume this item, and do not have to Recharge.
Flavor: Throwback to RBY days where Hyper Beam was bugged such that it wouldn't need to recharge if it got a KO.
Uses: Surprise someone that thought they could wall you with a 150 BP nuke.

Item Name: Power Suppressor
Item Effect: Negates the holder's ability. When holder switches in, the message "[Pokemon] has its power suppressed!" is displayed. (Klutz negates this item's effect, and stops its message from being displayed.)
Uses: You could trick it onto your opponent to negate their crucial abilities for the rest of the match, although the alert message should allow them to see this coming. It would be too powerful if literally any Trick/Switcheroo user could blindside, for example, Weather/Terrain setter, or something else that a team was built around, and turn that into dead weight without warning. Alternatively, slap it on something with a negative ability but good stats like Regigigas. Just be wary of Knock Off.

Power Suppressor would mean Slaking and Regigigas everywhere
slaking is currently absent from gen 8 OU. As for regigigas it would be lacking both an item and an ability. It can't really boost outside of power up punch, it lacks return, and its best recovery move is drain punch. If something knocks off that item then slow start gets activated again, and given that this is an items based pet mod knock off is probably going to be pretty prevalent here. Also many other people in the pet mods community have told me that this isn't a big deal, and I do trust their opinions enough to safely let this item be allowed.

Item Name: Float Stone
Old Effect: Halves the holder's weight.
New Effect:
This Pokemon is immune to the effects of terrain.

Item Name: Shed Shell
Old Effect: This Pokemon can always switch out.
New Effect:
If this item is removed, the holder loses their secondary typing. Fails if the holder has no secondary typing.

Item Name: Crystal Ball
Item Effect: Holder dodges delayed moves such as Future Sight/Doom Desire.
Flavor (optional): They look into the crystal ball, predict the future, and dodge the attack.

Item Name: Choice Lens
Item Effect: Accuracy is 1.5x, choice lock
Flavor (optional): Just an accuracy based choice item

Item Name: Psych Up Sash
Item Effect: Copies target stat changes on switch in. Single use.
Flavor (optional): nah

Item Name: Drowsy Orb
Item Effect: Holder falls asleep at the end of each turn (if awake.)
Flavor (optional): To match the Toxic and Flame Orbs

Item Name: Decriticalizer (name WIP)
Item Effect: Prevents critical hits while Holder is on the field.
Flavor (optional): If considered too good, it can be turned into a Critical Herb that is a one-time block to only opposing crits (as opposed to current version that just turns off critical hits for everyone)

I might have messed something up so let me know.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)