itt: Entry Hazards (NU version)

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
dualspikes garbodor is meh.
I tried him for a while and it usually gets the spikes up due to its bulk but it sucks a lot due to it's movepool...

I know most of the time it's outclassed by Cacturne, but Chlorophyll Maractus is the fastest Spiker in the tier if you have Sunny Day up. Doubt it's worth a mention, but some people might care to know.

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hazard teams have taken a huge blow with the tiering shifts, Scolipede and Roselia have left for better things in RU, now I see the metagame getting more balanced in terms of hazards vs spinners

I think because of those shifts, Toxic Spikes will be a lot more useful because teams won't bother to run pokemon like Ivysaur, Vileplume, etc. to absorb them as they are significantly worse than Roselia and Scolipede. Most teams will rely on their spinners to clear away toxic spikes, but Cryo, the most popular one, has the disadvantage of being total pursuit bait (CB Absol outspeeds and does 79% minimum to cryo that stays in, which means it can literally only spin once if it switches in on SR). Other pursuiters are similar and greatly limit its ability to spin, and the other spinners like Wartortle, Torkoal, etc. are all susceptible to Toxic Spikes which means they can be stalled out by defensive missy, or subsplit haunter, or sub+stockpile drifblim. . .

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I'm surprised by that Roselia left! I certainly braced myself for Scolipede and Smeargle both rising to RU. This actually leaves Garbodor as one of the 'better' hazard setters, as much I hate the sound of it...

A lot of shitty Bug / Poison types (think Ariados / Beedrill) can set up Tspikes if they so desire. Still I think Tspikes suck due to (again) good poison-types relative to the tier. Skuntank is pretty good with band sawk. Actually, scratch that: it's REALLY good. Amoongus may fill in the bulky grasser role from Roselia. Idk, I never really liked Tspikes unless I'm running a stall-based team.

Yeah hold your horses I'll update the OP soon.

Garbodor is pretty good as a (t)spikes setter and absorber. Also Bastiodon deserves mention, access to SR, Roar and Magic Coat make it pretty useful all round and its defences and typing are very good as long as you're not wreckless.

What's with this berry juice Dwebble and Garbodor Hazards core I keep seeing? :S I'm definitely putting a spinner on my teams now.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I'm assuming you saw that on one dude's team?

But yeah, Garbodor is annoyingly effective. BJ Dwebble is kind of setup fodder though.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I faced that team just now and 6-0ed him by setting up SubSD leafeon on it, if your curious his full set is
Dwebble@Berry Juice
Lvl1
Swagger
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Protect

It's not very effective imo, and dies to both hazards and anything with sub

I'm assuming you saw that on one dude's team?

But yeah, Garbodor is annoyingly effective. BJ Dwebble is kind of setup fodder though.
It was on two teams in a row :S But yeah I'm using Garbodor at the moment and it's doing its job very well. Toxic Spikes are working wonderfully as well :D

Yeah, I faced that team just now and 6-0ed him by setting up SubSD leafeon on it, if your curious his full set is
Dwebble@Berry Juice
Lvl1
Swagger
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Protect

It's not very effective imo, and dies to both hazards and anything with sub
Interesting, but these kinda gimmicky sets annoy me :P I'll just have to lead with Absol next time.

Edit: I just battled him again, lead with Absol and got to +4 and then killed of three of his pokes before he forfeited :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)